Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

SimonB’s Missing BendyBadger Bonus Ball 22nd February 2020

2»

Comments

• donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 738
    The fact that my daughter thinks The Stone Roses are old farts, like I used to think about The Beatles.
    vizzitor560HeliportTheOriginalSimonBLegopantsandheVorpalRyuKungFuKenny
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 256
    Apologies for messing up the numbering on this and especially for the Google translate German but had to acknowledge the best album of 1989:

LegopantsTheOriginalSimonB560HeliportSalamalexsnowhitiesid3windr
  • khopewosinkhopewosin Member Posts: 93
    My friends and I were comparing aches and pains and who's got the best physio.
    560HeliportSalamalexLegopantsTheOriginalSimonBVorpalRyuKungFuKenny
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,962
    Seeing all the old vehicles, fashion and police technology in ITV's White House Farm made me suddenly feel old when I realised I was already at school when all that stuff happened.
    Salamalex560HeliportBrainsluggedTheOriginalSimonBVorpalRyuBumblepantsKungFuKenny
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,727
    When I realise my age in years has finally surpassed the number of broken bones I’ve suffered.
    560HeliportTheOriginalSimonBVorpalRyuBumblepantsKungFuKenny
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 307
    Thanks for hosting @TheOriginalSimonB . Many of the previous examples resonate but it was hitting 60 last year that tipped the balance. Being in my fifties still felt okay but 60 is proper old. And having been married for half my life. And in my current job for 10 years, longest ever in one job. And just being knackered so much of the time. 
    560HeliportTheOriginalSimonBVorpalRyuKungFuKennysnowhitie
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 107
    edited February 20
    I felt old last week when I explained to my niece what a MP3 player was. The idea of a device that ONLY played music was foreign to her
    VorpalRyuBrainslugged560HeliportKungFuKennyTheOriginalSimonBsklamb
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 897
    While i generally dont care about age i do feel it having changed careers, im the trainee and most other people are way more experienced and 15 years younger!   Its a double edged sword as kids and parents dont assume you are a student but you are assumed to know a lot more than you actually  do.
    VorpalRyuKungFuKennyTheOriginalSimonB560HeliportSirBen
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 402
    The list is endless.  Grey hair, creaking bones, increasing grumpiness.  But most of all, the amount of bands reforming, which I knew the first time they appeared.
    560HeliportTheOriginalSimonBgmonkey76VorpalRyu
  • janscjansc The Netherlands Member Posts: 60
    Watching TV series from back in the day and realize how dated they are.
    560HeliportTheOriginalSimonBVorpalRyuvizzitor
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 725
    Literally.Everything.
    560HeliportTheOriginalSimonBVorpalRyu
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 407
    My pain in my leg from arthritis and CP.
    I shall just add, I was born in 1989, so...
    560HeliportandheVorpalRyu
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,060
    My pain in my leg from arthritis and CP.
    I shall just add, I was born in 1989, so...
    A mere youngster. 
    Modeltrainman560HeliportReesesPiecesVorpalRyugmonkey76vizzitor
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 307
    But on a positive note....senior rail card and free prescriptions!
    andhe560HeliportTheOriginalSimonBVorpalRyu
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 635
    When I learnt that if Back to the Future was released now, the "past" they go back to would be 1990, not 1955… 
    This is me & how I think about time.  Then I cry a little inside.  I had a similar meme cross my facebook the end of last year.  Pointed out “That 70s Show” was set in ‘76 & began in ‘97.  In other words, a similar show today would be set in ‘98 if it was going back 21 years.  But wasn’t 1980 just 20 years ago?!? 
    vizzitorVorpalRyu560Heliport
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 635
    SirBen said:
    My car (daily driver) is older than a couple of my coworkers (full time recent college grads).
    This would be mine as well.  I swear this is the easiest car to make out of Lego, all they need to do is release a set in Jurassic Park livery!  Oh yeah & in case nobody is feeling just quite old enough yet after reading this thread, Jurassic Park is now over a quarter century old.  you’re welcome. :D. 

SirBenVorpalRyu560HeliportKungFuKennysnowhitie
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,454
    Wow! Not won anything for ages, cheers.
    560HeliportvizzitorGothamConstructionCoMr_Crosssnowhitie
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,312
    When I learnt that if Back to the Future was released now, the "past" they go back to would be 1990, not 1955… 
     Also Blade Runner and The Running Man are now set in the past.
    VorpalRyu560HeliportGothamConstructionCoandheMr_Cross
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,454
    edited February 26
    Our festive poly arrived today thanks to @TheOriginalSimonB my daughter loved it and is saving the build until Christmas!
    Happy to host the next bonus ball this weekend.
    panchox1bandit778TheOriginalSimonBsnowhitieMr_CrossSumoLegoVorpalRyuandheGothamConstructionCo
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,410
    Glad it arrived safe.