Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What are you buying right now ?

Comments

• Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,529
    Finally won #60059 the City logging truck from a couple of years ago. £20 with postage, so not too horrendous. I'll go nicely with the cargo train I've built with three logging wagons.
    Ebay package arrived yesterday and my 100% complete set, was missing three or four parts including the end fences from the load area and had four parts supplied in different colours to this in the set. Its not a massive problem, but its certainly not 100% complete, plus it looked like a set that had sat on a shelf gathering dust for several months. I'd at least give a dust first!
    M1J0EKungFuKennyFowlerBricksGothamConstructionCogmonkey76
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,007
    #75964 Harry Potter Advent Calendar, on sale after Christmas, for a Potterhead cousin

Based on looking at the set, and not building or playing with it, it seems better than many LEGO advent calendars
    Some have one or a few figures - this has 6, and variants of licensed characters are often a hit. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Flitwick have short legs, Dumbledore and McGonagall are regular size.
    Advent calendars by definition have a lot of small items, and in general sets like that can have a hard time feeling like a coherent whole. However, many of these fit with Christmas dinner in the Great Hall

#60235, this year's City calendar, has slightly more figures, but generic, and the models are assorted winter things rather than overarching theme. #41382 also has assorted winter models, and only 1 doll.

• panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 356
    right now, nothing. but I do have some amazon gift cards waiting to be burned on 2020 sets.
    Addicted2OxygenKungFuKennyCharmiefcbSnizzlebutts
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,288
    I was all set to use vip points on the Chinese new year temple and turns out it isn't available until the 10th in North America. 
    KungFuKenny
  • mafonmafon TushinoMember Posts: 59
    edited January 2
    75972 finally dropped to $20. I think it's time.
    (was sold for $45)
    Onebricktoomany
  • Ava626Ava626 RotterdamMember Posts: 10
    Just got 9471 (Uruk-Hai Army) to complete my Lord of the Ring collection and got 21311 (Voltron) for the great price of 90 euro to kerp up my licensed Ideas collection.
    And then I got a new showcase to fit is all in....
    KungFuKennyOnebricktoomanyFowlerBrickspxchris
    @Snizzlebutts might have been interested in the #80101 Chinese restaurant if it was available in the US. I see you're in Australia, reminds me of something from Magic the Gathering - there was a 1999 expansion based on China's Three Kingdoms era, also available in Australia and NZ, some of the rarest English-language cards in the game

@Basty #11010 white baseplate (10in/25.4cm/32 stud square) seems like an obvious idea that I wonder why it hadn't been done before. Would be great for winter scenes or a display where white has better contrast than tan/blue/green/gray
    Onebricktoomany
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,477
    ^ I wonder: if #75098 Assault on Hoth had included four to six white baseplates, would it have sold better? 
    KingAlanI
  • frezbricksfrezbricks Edmonton, ABMember Posts: 1
    Picked up Central Perk from local LEGO store, built it same day. Great set!
    KungFuKennySnizzlebutts
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 828
    My winter village collection has been almost complete (except for the brand new Gingerbread House, which went out of stock too fast ;_;) for awhile, but I had been putting off getting the two remaining sets I needed (the Bakery #10216 and the Post Office #10222 ) since they were so expensive on BL, especially if I was looking in the US.  Looks like my waiting paid off though, as my local Bricks & Minifigs had someone drop off almost an entire Winter Village collection... and I was able to get both the Bakery and the Post Office for a VERY reasonable price!  Super excited to take them apart and rebuild them to verify they are complete, and potentially have a complete Winter Village next Christmas!
    KungFuKennyPyrobugM1J0ESwitchfoot55CymbelineLittleLori
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,288
    ^ I wonder: if #75098 Assault on Hoth had included four to six white baseplates, would it have sold better? 
    4-6 snow troopers would have helped too...
    KungFuKennyFizyx560HeliportLobotmsanders
    built it same day
    care to translate that from English to backlog-ese? :)

Anyway, supermarket had half off clearance, I picked up Star Wars polys and Disney s2 CMF for $2. got all 8 polys (including 3 #30383 which I've been army building with) and picked out 15 of about 80 CMFs (Hercules I might want for medieval CMF army building, ancient era but sword and shield still works)
    sid3windr
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,756
    edited January 7
    Well, I'm missing Batman, but my other DC CMF wants are sorted:

Apparently, Batman is quite in demand? I can wait. DC comics fans may spot a pattern and one outlier in my purchases... :-)

Oh for crying out loud. That last one is The Flash. My photo editing skills are obviously not up to much at the moment!
    KLOKRIECHER
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 64
    Last couple weeks: the 2020 & creator sets were full price, everything else was target/Walmart clearance. Findings: I didn’t know I needed Overwatch...wrecking ball is one of the best builds in recent memory. The Audi was fine,  but I prefer the previous sized builds  
    PyrobugM1J0EAddicted2Oxygenmadejp86KLOKRIECHER
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 64
    And Last night I graduated to the guy kneeling in a Walmart feeling for figs to almost complete 3 CMFs sets (I used to scoff when people came into the store I worked at during my dark ages to do this)... it was fun!

The Disney chase figs took forever. I somehow misplaced bat mite before the register and have a couple more to find for series 19 &TLM2
    PyrobugM1J0EAddicted2OxygenKungFuKennyFizyxBumblepantsklintonKLOKRIECHER
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 572
    edited January 13
    My boys must've got rebitten by the Lego bug, they went out shopping with Mom 2x this weekend & came back with #30195 Fairground Carousel (WalMart) & today #30197 Townhouse Pet Shop & Café (Mall of America Lego store)
    VorpalRyumustang69M1J0EOnebricktoomany
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 198
    Just bought #80105 and got the Year of the Rat GWP. The set was on a 30 day backorder so I'm going to have to be patient a little longer.
    VorpalRyuFizyxMooreFXKungFuKenny
  • MooreFXMooreFX CaliforniaMember Posts: 77
    Cymbeline said:
    Just bought #80105 and got the Year of the Rat GWP. The set was on a 30 day backorder so I'm going to have to be patient a little longer.
    I ordered the sets the day they were released. Forgot about the rat promo. Not too upset, though. I got the purple keychain instead.  🤪
    CymbelineBumblepantsKungFuKennyFizyx
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 523
    Just ordered 2 #31105, €29,99 a piece. Good price I’d say :)
    panchox1Pyrobug
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,477
    Went to the LEGO store with $70 in VIP vouchers. Bought #41256 Rainbow Caterbus, #76142 Avengers Speeder Bike Attack, #853874 Emmet's Pod, and a large PAB cup. Got #40408 Drag Racer and #40355 Year of the Rat GWPs... all for $11.25 out of pocket!
    BumblepantsLittleLoriPyrobugOnebricktoomanyCymbelinemsandersKungFuKennyM1J0E
  • SnizzlebuttsSnizzlebutts MelbourneMember Posts: 54
    edited January 27
    eMJeeNL said:
    Definitely need at least two of these to build something decent. It is much smaller than I thought. I going to see if I can put the Cafe and Pet shop on the same plate and see if they look good together rather than get a second copy. And maybe try and tone down that really strong blue of the top floor. 
    picked up #40348 and #40382 for my wife's bday tomorrow. Told her I was gonna make her a cake. Notice, I did not say "bake", lol. Also got #43170, #75265, #40187, #60249 and a P&B cup, to get the Hidden side dragster, the year of the rat, and a lego masters tote bag. I should have asked if they still had Obi-Wans but I was in a bit of a rush and forgot. :-(
    PyrobugKungFuKennyM1J0E
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 523
    eMJeeNL said:
    Definitely need at least two of these to build something decent. It is much smaller than I thought. I going to see if I can put the Cafe and Pet shop on the same plate and see if they look good together rather than get a second copy. And maybe try and tone down that really strong blue of the top floor. 
    Agreed.

2 different builds, but if you have 4, this would be the (non-Modded) result.

SnizzlebuttsvanvonfullKungFuKennyM1J0EFowlerBricksKLOKRIECHER
  • SnizzlebuttsSnizzlebutts MelbourneMember Posts: 54
    eMJeeNL said:
    eMJeeNL said:
    Agreed.

2 different builds, but if you have 4, this would be the (non-Modded) result.

Looks good. I’ve got the Cafe/pet shop and started to see if I can get a decent block with two sets combined. Still a lot of space to fill to get them to fill a 32x32.

eMJeeNLKLOKRIECHER
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 503
    Haven't paid much attention to the Overwatch theme, but #75971 and #75972 for a combined price of £24.75 at my local Sainsburys I couldn't say no!
    KungFuKenny
  • SteveGSteveG TNMember Posts: 33
    I have issues. I just logged into [email protected] at 1:20am to order the 2 new Disney Brickheadz because I was awake and there isn't a store within 2 hours of here that ever carries any Brickheadz at all. *shrug*

At least the wife is out of town and won't know about them for a while ;)
    KungFuKennyMooreFXBumblepantsM1J0E
  • flightriskflightrisk USAMember Posts: 133
    [email protected] online must have a lot of the ISS patches.   My order came to $74 USD and the patch was a  GWP even though I did not order the space station (yet). 
     Thanks LEGO.  
    KungFuKennyM1J0E
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 293
    [email protected] online must have a lot of the ISS patches.   My order came to $74 USD and the patch was a  GWP even though I did not order the space station (yet). 
     Thanks LEGO.  
    This same issue happened last time with the Lunar landing badge. It got added to the basket with every order. 
    KungFuKenny
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,000
    Some of the interesting elements in my latest Bricks and Pieces order...

BastyBumblepantsPyrobugSnizzlebuttsmsandersFowlerBricksLittleLoriGothamConstructionCoKLOKRIECHER
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,304
    @KungFuKenny, there's a metallic gold version of that 1x1 curved piece, it's from one of the new Architecture sets, I ordered up a few when I saw that they were available on B&P...
    KungFuKenny
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,756
    Managed to get a few sets I really wanted over the weekend:

Finally convinced the better half that if I was getting the Lamborghini I needed the Chiron as well...
    PJ76ukPyrobugBumblepantsKungFuKennyKLOKRIECHER
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,000
    edited February 5
    Picked up a few items missing from my collection including some Christmas sets (better late than never)...

I have coveted the Lego Employee Christmas gift sets for a while so decided to start chipping away with the 2018 iteration... now I’m already counting down the days to next December when I can pull this out and start building!
    PyrobugFowlerBricksstluxLittleLoriKLOKRIECHER
    Took advantage of the double vip points offered on the Haunted Fairground. Added a Downtown Diner as well. Got the ISS patch and a friends flower and chocolate box gwp.
    PyrobugKungFuKenny
  • legomentallegomental UkMember Posts: 329
    I didn't buy corner garage but now looking at the modular thread I think I am going to have to make a purchase
  • GLAGLA UkMember Posts: 16

I am looking to buy this:

LEGO Jurassic World LIMITED EDITION with Dr Wu. minifigure for Wii U.

Even just the box will suffice. I hope someone can help as I've been on the hunt for this box for years now:)
    KLOKRIECHER
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 446
    I’m looking to complete the latest wave of Harry Potter sets. I just need the night bus.
  • GLAGLA UkMember Posts: 16

I have these to trade. At the moment I will need to have another look to gather together the 4554 train station set, but I know I have it (most likely mixed together in a huge plastic box).

As stated previously, what I am wanting to trade this for is the Wii U special edition of LEGO Jurassic World (in particular the box).

father
    panchox1catwranglerKLOKRIECHER
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,007
    edited February 14
    ok so not dead yet :P (at this rate i going to end up starting evey post with this, who know running out of space to put your lego would slow down you buying speed.)

so got my self 2 set's on order from amazon
    #21045 Trafalgar Square for £54.50
    #75242 Black Ace TIE Interceptor for £22.49

Trafalgar Square is a fab Price to pieces (£0.046), and with it being a Architecture set, i will be in shock to see it go lower.
    Black Ace TIE is a ok Price to pieces (£0.057). for a star wars set... way better then it RRP (£0.114)

now i spend money it back to looking at £80+ set's i wish i had but never go on offer. #21042 Statue of Liberty anyone? never seen that under £72.. and i just not willing to go that high for it. ah, wall.
    KungFuKennycatwrangler
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,443
    statue of liberty is good, I'm not sure I have any better model around this price point. closer may be the london bus and it's a bit more expensive.
    KungFuKenny
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,824
    I snagged the Donald, Goofy/Pluto, and Lucky Cat BHz. I also just finished a few BL orders to fill in some gaps on some bulk lot sets I sorted out. 

Still holding on any larger purchases until some of the 2019 Lego Ideas set release dates are revealed. 
    KungFuKennyPyrobug
  • AndyPolAndyPol UKMember Posts: 373
    Building nothing at the moment.....wife having a bit of an issue with LEGO in nearly every room in the house!  :(
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 293
    Came across the Lego dots collection today so bought 2 packs of the small pieces 

coconutbbenbacardiKungFuKennyCymbelineKLOKRIECHER
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 539
    Basty said:
    Came across the Lego dots collection today so bought 2 packs of the small pieces 
    Where did you find these? I didn't realise they were out yet. I have a feeling my little girl will be very interested…!