Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Star Wars Discussion

Comments

• jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 490
    I'm a fan of 8, even more after I watched a few days ago for the second time, and I liked 9 a lot. Just go without expectations, I mean, they are not your characters, they don't have to end up where and how you want them to.
    560HeliportpxchrisBaby_YodaLordmoral
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
    ^ My expectations are rock bottom after 8. If it's as good/bad as 8, I'll wait until it's on Sky.

I'm hoping that Abrams managed to fix what was done in Ep8, or ignore Ep8 completely so you can largely ignore that Ep8 actually happened.
    KungFuKennySumoLegoBaby_Yoda
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 490
    There's nothing to ignore in Ep8, or maybe just Finn and Rose's arc. IMO.
    But, as always, if you want to know, see it for yourself. Don't let others decide for you.
    panchox1560HeliportBumblepantsBaby_YodaLordmoral
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 386
    Let’s turn the conversation away from hot new Star Wars spoilers and discuss advent calendars from 1 and 2 years ago. 

Round 4. Wow what a great 5 days. I almost forgot about that snow blower 

Rogue one builds from both calendars. This is going to be tough. 

Day 16: krennics shuttle and a rathtar. I love both these builds. The rathtar is very cute for a tentacled monster, but I think the shuttle just beats it

Day 17: minifigs! Guavian Soldiers wins because it looks cool and is rather rare

Day 18: y-wing and FO tie fighter. Both great, but the y wing wins as the build
    was more interesting and I have not built a y wing at this scale before. 

Day 19: tie striker and at-act. Both cool, but striker wins as Walker is just the same as at-at from calendar 3 years ago, just with a recolour 

Day 20: imerpial tank and ‘rogue one’. Tank wins. It is the better rendition. ‘Rogue one’ transport is too limited at this scale. 

So 2017 has 4 meaning it wins this round. 

The scores so far are:
    2017 has won 3 rounds
    2018 has won 1 round

For the remaining 4 days we go to sudden death. Will 2018 pull it out of the bag or will it continue to flounder

KungFuKennyAstrobricksFowlerBricksBaby_Yoda
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,889
    Now I have the imerpial theme stuck in my head, so tanks for that :)
    Addicted2Oxygen560Heliportgmonkey76FowlerBricksSumoLegoBaby_Yoda
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    ^ My expectations are rock bottom after 8. If it's as good/bad as 8, I'll wait until it's on Sky.

I'm hoping that Abrams managed to fix what was done in Ep8, or ignore Ep8 completely so you can largely ignore that Ep8 actually happened.
    The consensus among the wider Internet seems to be:
    If you hated Ep VIII, you'll love Ep IX.
    If you loved Ep VIII, you'll hate Ep IX.
    Any other scenario is impossible. Rotten Tomatoes told me, so it must be true!
    KungFuKennyBrainslugged560Heliportmonkeyhanger
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 309
    After watching Ep IX, I have decided there’s one set I want really badly: a UCS Ghost. Then again, that was true before I saw the movie and really isn’t because of the movie. I just want Ghost.
    Addicted2OxygenSumoLego560HeliportBaby_Yodablakusdk
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,190
    autolycus said:
    After watching Ep IX, I have decided there’s one set I want really badly: a UCS Ghost. Then again, that was true before I saw the movie and really isn’t because of the movie. I just want Ghost.
    The Ghost became "canon" to me when it appeared in Rogue One a couple of times. That made me pleased I have it in a storage locker somewhere.
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 309
    autolycus said:
    The Ghost became "canon" to me when it appeared in Rogue One a couple of times. That made me pleased I have it in a storage locker somewhere.
    It was canon from its presence in Rebels, but yes, now it's also appeared in 2 major films. Admittedly it was a flash in the background in both, but still, it's there. I noticed it at least 3 times in TROS.
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,877
    edited December 2019
    ^ I was desparately looking for the Twilight, but to no avail...

(Yes, I know it was destroyed in BBY19, but that's no barrier to it's appearance in later movies.)
    Jackad7
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 635
    Spoilers for Rise of Skywalker Visual guide follows (Just a heads up, you may want to hold onto those un opened Revan polybags as The Rise of Skywalker visual guide (not the movie) makes a cannon mention of him and other Sith Lords, a problem with the film I have are the plot holes and the rushed feel of the film).
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 386
    Time for the final round of comparing old advent calendars

2017 has won 3 rounds. 2018 only 1. For the last 4 days it will be a point per day. Can 2018 pull it out of the advent door and win?

Day 21: RO imperial ground crew vs speeder bike. A tough one. The speeder build was nice, and so is minifigure. I am going to have to go with the minifigure due to its rarity. 

Day 22: at-st vs festive moisture vaporator. Great chicken walker build. The green thing is on a par with the snow blower. At least I can use the snow blower on my modular st. The vaporator is no use anywhere being green. Maybe if I take the light off and stick it at the back of a moc it would be ok. At-st wins and therefore so does 2017. But let’s carry on and see if 2018 can redeem itself

Day 23: sled vs (quickly searches brickset) minifigure of Blue squadron leader from RO. Minifigure wins hands down. Well done 2018. 

Day 24: snowboarding bb8 vs snowman. BB8 is lazy, but on brand. Snowman is massively disappointing. 2017 wins

final score
    2017: 6
    2018: 2

i am very glad I opened both together. There has been at least something good most days

I really love the RO builds across both calendars. A rather good selection of minifigures. Shame there are no special festive ones (BB8 in a hat does not count)

Seeing bb8 today did warm my frozen heart, especially after seeing rise of skywalker. 

But in truth I was more happy for the snowman print on the snowman head. As it goes perfectly for a moc I am finishing off. I did not know it was in here, so genuinely happy for that. The snowman as a final day is still awful though. 

Happy life day everyone!

ps. If you like Star Wars and podcasts give Star Calls a listen. Is only a short series, but funny. 
    KungFuKenny
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 303
    Sorry if this has already been discussed, but Poe's X-Wing (which I was very much looking forward to) is £90?!?! I wonder what the rationale behind that lunacy was...
    Lordmoral
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,054
    ^ An extra loading gantry?
    SumoLegoLordmoral
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,561
    ^^Plus Disney want more money
    SumoLegoJackad7Lordmoral
    Light Pumpkin is a premium color...
    davetheoxygenman
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,889
    edited December 2019
    Matt89190 said:
    Sorry if this has already been discussed, but Poe's X-Wing (which I was very much looking forward to) is £90?!?! I wonder what the rationale behind that lunacy was...
    Disney tax plus SW tax.
    Also, teal brick separator ;)

I’d just wait for the inevitable discounts.
    datsunrobbiedavetheoxygenmanJackad7
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 635
    If anyone wants to have a good time then come to one of my discussion post:
    https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/15219/star-wars-sets-that-will-be-most-welcomed-by-lego#latest
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 867
    Ok it’s been a couple of weeks now... enough time passed to talk about current or potential Rise of Skywalker sets we might want based on the movie??

... SPOILERS ...

So I had already picked up the Pasadana speeders and the Kylo Ren Shuttle. Excited about both, though Ren never really appears in his shuttle does he?!  His custom tie gets a lot of face time so if the TLJ one is retired I would expect to see that again (after all we have three Poe X-Wings!). 

I’d love a Babu Frick droid shop. 

I’d also love a duel build of Ren’s quarters on his Star Destroyer. That for me was the best duel in the movie. I’m not sure the Death Star one would be as great a building set. 

I suspect we will get Ogi’s ship. 

Given the presence of a certain SPOILER homestead /SPOILER anyone thing we might get the classic version of that set finally?

Lordmoral
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 522
    Can I just say I would give my left foot for a version of the Mandalorian where his armour is chromed like in the show? 
    MaffyDCaptainRogers
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 799
    Jackad7 said:
    Can I just say I would give my left foot for a version of the Mandalorian where his armour is chromed like in the show? 
    Hopefully strong sales of the two Mandalorian sets out right now will eventually convince Lego to give us that nice, shiny version of Mando... Along with Baby Yoda, Greef Karga, Moff Gideon, IG-11, Kuiil, the Razorcrest...
    560HeliportKungFuKennySumoLegoGothamConstructionCoLordmoral
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,309
    They got to be targeting a summer or sept  launch of the main ship. It would sell in droves especially alongside the launch of season 2
    560HeliportomniumJackad7Lordmoral
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,763
    ^ That's what I'm betting on. I'm not getting that walker, and I want the ship, so...
    ^^ Season 2? That’s a fast turnaround for ROW audiences who still can’t see season 1 legit until 31st March. It’s like the seasons of the DC comics shows that come around fast every half year or so. At least it means it feels like I’ll get better value out of D+ sooner if more shows are coming faster
    When they release the mandolorian to the ROW, do you think they will stagger the episode releases to keep you from watching them all in the first month and drag out the subs?
    ^ Perhaps so, I actually don’t mind the format of weekly releases (as if it were a normal tv programme) because i’m only willing to sit through a handful of episodes in a single session. It doesn’t matter how good the show is, I just need to get up, walk around go outside or anything after 2 or 3 back to back episodes so I wouldn’t make a good binge watcher.

Out of interest, I just got a Disney+ email a day or two ago telling me about all the great USPs and that it was ‘arriving in March 2020’. The email didn’t really specify anything around the programmes other than suggesting a few near the end, some of which were documentaries.
    Addicted2Oxygen
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 589
    They got to be targeting a summer or sept  launch of the main ship. It would sell in droves especially alongside the launch of season 2
    I’ve got my fingers crossed for a UCS / master builders slot for the main ship.. 
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,763
    I don't have my crystal ball handy, but I'd be very surprised if they didn't stagger releases. I have friends in the States who watch Star Trek Discovery (which is on CBS All Arse over there) and they literally wait until the last episode is available, sign up for a month, watch it and then cancel. Disney does not want that.

Mind you, Disney has a ton of older content that families with younger children will want to keep available, so it might not be as big of an issue as with All Access - which has very few other halo shows to present...
    AstrobricksAddicted2Oxygen
    Not sure if this is the correct thread but does anyone know how to tell the difference between these two princess leia figures? They show as the same parts in their bricklink 'pieces' section.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sw0175a&name=Princess Leia (White Dress, Light Flesh, Small Eyes, Smooth Hair)&category=%5BStar Wars%5D%5BStar Wars Episode 4/5/6%5D#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sw0175&name=Princess Leia (White Dress, Light Flesh, Small Eyes)&category=%5BStar Wars%5D%5BStar Wars Episode 4/5/6%5D#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

• SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,854
    edited January 12
    ^ Its the smooth hair that came in some early #10198.
    Smooth hair was a rare production fault rectified pretty quickly, that’s why it costs so much on the aftermarket. It doesn’t have any of the texture that the regular old Leia hair should’ve had.
    It would sell in droves especially alongside the launch of season 2
    Anything with the Child will sell.  Especially a UCS Razorcrest!
    VorpalRyuAddicted2OxygenLordmoral
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,528
    ^ any Razorcrest will sell. Razorcrest + Child? We'll all be complaining about not being able to find one (because it'll be sold out). Imagine if they were to chrome all the parts...
    VorpalRyuTheBigLegoskiblakusdk
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418
    Chrome is the way!
    Jackad7MaffyD
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,469
    Choose the next UCS set...

gmonkey76FireheartJackad7BumblepantsLobotSumoLegomsandersLordmoral
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 277
    All of the above? (Personally I don't care for the medical frigate, but I know the community has been clamouring for one for years.)
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 589
    WOW are LEGO actually listening to the Star Wars UCS fans and doing something different!
     👍🏻 If they are?
    Jackad7
    edited January 23
    YES ITS A LAAT. A clone wars era UCS set is set is so long overdue and the LAAT is easily one of the most iconic sets from it. I dont often buy things when they come out but I would shell out whatever it takes for a UCS LAAT.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,106
    Wouldnt mind any of them to be fair.
    The TIE Bomber will probably win out just because it's easier to scale to UCS size and TIE's are always a fan farourite.
    I'd personally like to see the Republic Gunship, it would have to be something special though as #75021 was a fairly good rendition of the ship considering it's size and playability.
    The Nebulon B would be amazing as a set but I feel that it wouldn't ever live up to expectations at a reasonable price point, escpecially after seeing Mortesv's build or even Dranac's smaller version.
    Jackad7
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,854
    I don't think they will ever live up to fan expectation based on what everyone is saying on the front page. It is just short of demanding they all come with 60000 stormtroopers and cost £10 at the moment. 
    Bumblepantsbandit778560HeliportMynattklintonmsandersLordmoral
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 707
    Not personally interested in the frigate. Can we have a break from $600 - 700 models for awhile?
    560HeliportLordmoral
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,854
    This is very interesting, guessing they wont be able to turn it around for the may d2c so this tells us what the may d2c isn't. Because of the Bomber we wont get a different TIE like Vaders TIE because they wont want two UCS TIEs on the shelf at the same time. I think the Republic Gunship means it wont be prequel trilogy UCS because once again we wont get two at the same time. No A-Wing on the list could mean it is planed but we also dont have anything from the sequel trilogy. Kind of surprised that when Lego asked what the UCS should be the 3 option weren't just the 3 sequel x-wings and you got to pick the colour.
    BumblepantsThe_RancorLordmoral
    edited January 23
    I will laugh when the Republic Gunship ends up being the same size as the previous system models with a few extra tiles to destudsify it and a plaque. (For 2-3x the price of course)
    Jackad7gmonkey76CM4SmsandersFireheartLordmoralAddicted2Oxygenstarwars4ever
  • panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 362
    I'd bet on the Frigate due to fan vote. Personally, I'd like the tie bomber. Love Ties. I have zero interest in the LAAT.
    Lordmoral
    I am mostly uninterested in non-minifig scale stuff, but I might buy the Nebulon-B, if it was less than about $300. The TIE Bomber ought to be regular minifig scale. I'm hoping for another Gunship for Clone Wars season 6, or 7, or whatever it is.
    Jackad7Lordmoral
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 300
    I would really quite like that Gunship/LAAT. Not all that bothered about the Frigate or Bomber.
    Jackad7KungFuKenny
  • Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 303
    I shamelessly voted LAAT. I understand the appeal of the other two, but I'm of the generation that grew up on the Clone Wars, and that era - that ship especially - is too close to my heart. The 2008 Gunship set was my first big SW ship.

So to conclude, yes, I'm massively biased, and regardless of which craft wins (if it's not LAAT we riot obviously /s) this is a promising direction for a new level of consumer involvement from TLG. Props to them and I'm sure we'll get a great model regardless. (Though again, anything other than LAAT and I switch to Playmobil) 
    560HeliportJackad7LordmoralKorpen4444
    ^ Playmobil makes a LAAT Gunship?!? ;)
    Matt89190Jackad7Astrobricks
    edited January 24
    Great news that TLG are listening but I was incredibly torn on this - I could throw the TIE bomber idea in the bin straight off the bat, just boring, better made for minifig scale and we’ve had a UCS TIE not long ago. Not really sure why it was even an option to be honest, with a couple of seconds of screen time at most from all the films (maybe more than that on tv). I think it actually appears in Rogue One but the Ideas page didn’t mention that.

...Anyway what I meant to say was I couldn’t pick between the Nebulon and the LAAT. In terms of nostalgia they are even stevens - I had already seen and got hooked on the OT as a kid just before Episode I came out, but after that the Prequel Trilogy was really the core of my childhood (from age 6-12 which coincidentally is TLG’s core target market). I can practically remember my eyes popping out in awe at the CGI of Coruscant, Kamino and Geonosis in Episode II (whilst, it seems, adult fans were complaining about too much CGI).

In terms of figures I could also see both options having great minifigs - indirectly I hope TLG are listening to fans for the Clone & Jedi Bob suggestions! I had to make my decision on potential build, rarity & display. I already have 3 gunships or drop ships so it had to be a vehicle that’s never been produced before - not even at micro or nano scale as far as I know! So I voted Nebulon. Fingers crossed for Dodonna or Nien Numb, maybe new versions of other Rebel leadership or fighter pilots too.

... If UCS podracers were an option though...
    gmonkey76Lordmoral
    They will probably all get made sooner or later so it's really just a vote for which one first.
    gmonkey76LordmoralMaffyD