Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Sharing want list only

Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 386
I know we can share our collection, but I would prefer some more granularity on what I can share.

Ideally at a minimum I would like the option to only share my wanted list and not what I own. 

i.e a tick box to share wanted and a tick box to share owned instead of tick box to share everything. 

Is this his something that could be done?

A more granular option would extend this to allow only sharing with certain users, so I could limit sharing to friends and the Secret Santas for example. 
stlux

Comments

• autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 469
    This would be great for me. My wife has a hard time figuring out what I have and don't when it comes time for birthday and Christmas shopping. My solution for right now is to essentially maintain 3 "want" lists: One here for my own purposes, one on Amazon, and one on [email protected] She'd be overwhelmed by making the distinction between what I own and what I want. If I could share just my "want" list, I would probably cut it down to just the single one, rather than all 3.
  • MalkanMalkan COMember Posts: 43
    I'll add a vote for this feature. I currently have a Google keep list I update around holidays and stuff. Having a "public" want list would simplify the process. Being able to filter it so it's only a subset of your normal wanted list (ex sets that aren't retired) would be even better.  I imagine another advantage would be a higher chance of someone using an affiliate link since it'll be linked right from it.
    autolycusAddicted2Oxygen
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,712
    I'll add it to my to-do list...
    autolycusAddicted2Oxygenstluxbandit778
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 469
    Huw said:
    I'll add it to my to-do list...
    Nice! Thanks! I’m sure it’s a short list, so it’ll be on there in a week or two right? 🤣🤣

Seriously though, I really appreciate the site and how responsive you are!! I can’t imagine how much work you put into it!
    Addicted2Oxygen
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 386
    Thanks @Huw. Happy New Year
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 386
    @Huw thank you for implementing this feature! (And all the other new features)
    Huw
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,343
    It would have been nice if the standard setting for those already sharing was for it to be set to share both. My wife said she couldn't look on my wanted list the other day but because she was shopping for a gift for me didn't want to tell me until after the fact. 

Might be worth putting out some kind of announcement about it to save confusion (unless there was one I missed) 
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,712
    There was an announcement last week. I did wonder what the default should be but left it as 'off'.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,343
    Ah I see, just missed it - have to admit I only skim the main site these days.