Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

How common are Mini-Figure imperfections?

FineSeaSaltFineSeaSalt ThereMember Posts: 4
It seems that no matter what sets I buy; cheap or expensive; some of my mini-figures are always sub-par; whether it would be mis-printings on the faces or little nicks and cuts in the torsos; as per pics. (I have over a hundred sets so this is quiet a large sample)

When ever I google these minifigures; the ones that people post always seem immaculate. Are these common issues or am I just Lego cursed and demanding perfection too much?

(I apologise for the low-resolution photos but I think you will get the point)

Many thanks.

Comments

• The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,309
    Hoping not to be too dry, I would say you’re quite lucky with the quality you have even on those figures. Many Star Wars fans including myself know the burn of the almost constant inaccuracy of Astromech dome printing. And i’ve also recently had some torsos scuffed at the bottom like yours but that could depend on how they were ejected from the machines. Probably the worst imperfection I’ve seen was the Christmas Porg in my advent calendar just a couple of days ago where the Christmas hat had really inaccurate red painting going over the white lining.

I’m pretty satisfied with current quality right now in general but I definitely wouldn’t want the torso scuffs and custom part paint lines to become a consistent thing.
    KungFuKennyFineSeaSaltdatsunrobbie
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,189
    I was going to say that I've never had a minifig with anything worse than a few misaligned secondary faces (a bit of an epidemic with the TLM2 minifigs) all of which are still well hidden by the hair/hat parts. Upon opening this thread though... I dunno? It's entirely possible that I've had figures like that. I can't say that I've ever examined any of them under magnification for micro flaws. /shrug.
    Fizyxdatsunrobbie
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,090
    What is wrong with the Betty Rubble? 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,234
    It has an edge?

Maybe I need to get me some spectacles.
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,680
    We are still talking about pieces of plastic here. Dings, cracks and scratches are gonna happen.
  • FineSeaSaltFineSeaSalt ThereMember Posts: 4
    We are still talking about pieces of plastic here. Dings, cracks and scratches are gonna happen.
    I suppose, still a pain though.
    CCC said:
    A nick; a dent in the plastic which is obvious when connected to the legs
    Hoping not to be too dry, I would say you’re quite lucky with the quality you have even on those figures. Many Star Wars fans including myself know the burn of the almost constant inaccuracy of Astromech dome printing. And i’ve also recently had some torsos scuffed at the bottom like yours but that could depend on how they were ejected from the machines. Probably the worst imperfection I’ve seen was the Christmas Porg in my advent calendar just a couple of days ago where the Christmas hat had really inaccurate red painting going over the white lining.

I’m pretty satisfied with current quality right now in general but I definitely wouldn’t want the torso scuffs and custom part paint lines to become a consistent thing.
    I suppose it is a common occurrence; they are pieces of plastic in the end and there is going to be variation.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,489
    never buy a set with an astromech droid
    KungFuKenny
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,090
    CCC said:
    A nick; a dent in the plastic which is obvious when connected to the legs
    The rest of the join to the legs looks worse than the part highlighted.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,583
    Part of the reason I invested in Piqabrick is because I have trouble identifying some minifigures without a magnifying glass. Most of my collection was bought second-hand, so I attribute most of the scuffs and scrapes to the toys being played with. I have not seen many imperfections that I can see from a foot away without a magnifying glass, aside from the previously mentioned astromech head prints.