Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The new trans-clear minifigure stands

Brickset.comBrickset.com Administrator Posts: 1,279
edited December 2019 in Brickset.com articles
The new trans-clear minifigure stands

Collectable Minifigures routinely introduce new elements, including nice 3x4 minifigure bases from series one. Another new piece is available with the fun DC Super Heroes selection and this trans-clear minifigure stand appears useful, not only for displaying figures.

These components feature multiple connection points and appear somewhat reminiscent of the versatile 1x1 round plate with vertical shaft and vertical shaft with stud, expanding an appealing parts family. Today, we are studying this element and its uses in greater depth.

Continue reading »

© 2019 Brickset.com. Republication prohibited without prior permission.

Source: 47718
klintonBaby_YodaLordmoral

Comments

• klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 923
    I'm kind of excited to fiddle around with these now. I was already full stoked for the characters, but this little extra makes it even more interesting. :D
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 446
    Well that’s why we have the price increase. Clear stands. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,566
    I feel a rash of cracked minifigure legs coming...
    MaffyD
    SumoLego said:
    I feel a rash
    You might want to get that looked at if it doesn't clear up in a day or so...
    560HeliportSumoLegodatsunrobbiemak0137
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,158
    SumoLego said:
    I feel a rash
    Me too.
    SumoLego
  • tspiketspike Hood River, ORMember Posts: 22
    Still no part number?
    edited December 2019
    Now I don't wonder where all of the clear plastic went for super-jumpers.

Thrilled.
    klinton said:
    You might want to get that looked at if it doesn't clear up in a day or so...
    Don't worry, I already wiped it on your pillow.
    @SumoLego Is there something about the plastic that is detrimental to minifigs? I thought the super jumpers were destructive because of the inclination to angle the feet into them, no? If you just press these straight in, are they any worse than placing a minifig on a brick or plate?
    SumoLegodatsunrobbie
    I think this was also a problem with any trans-clear parts being in prolonged contact with minifigure legs.  (Notably Iron Man.)
    klintondatsunrobbie
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 256
    Why couldn't these have been released before I made my Christmas stuff so I could attach the back of the ice skaters legs to a jumper plate!
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,312
    Yeah, the transparent 1x1 round bricks caused many legs of Iron Man and War Machine to crack at the heel / back of foot. I never had the same problem on regular ABS parts.
    SumoLego
    And the super-jumpers caused similar damage.  Aside from the intended consequence of catapulting minifigures.
    CCCBaby_Yoda
    SumoLego said:
    And the super-jumpers caused similar damage.  Aside from the intended consequence of catapulting minifigures.
    I was never stupid enough to connect them. Not after the damage caused by the cylinders.
    SumoLego
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 530
    Lego needs to.make these more available.
    CCC said:
    SumoLego said:
    I was never stupid enough to connect them. Not after the damage caused by the cylinders.
    Then you clearly never got #76026 (and why not? Exclusive Grodd, Captain Cold, and New 52 Wonder Woman figures, and a brilliant little Invisible Jet build?!). The super jumper is intrinsic to the mech build. Like, Batman can't use it without first being attached to the jumper and then slotted in.
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 495
    ^ very poor rendering on the image of that set (#76026), just look at Grodd's face...

I got the set, purely for the minifigures and Grodd, so built once without inserting Batman and/or super-jumper, then disassembled and figures added to collection whilst the bricks joined my spare parts bins!
    klinton
    klinton said:
    CCC said:
    SumoLego said:
    Then you clearly never got #76026 (and why not? Exclusive Grodd, Captain Cold, and New 52 Wonder Woman figures, and a brilliant little Invisible Jet build?!). The super jumper is intrinsic to the mech build. Like, Batman can't use it without first being attached to the jumper and then slotted in.
    Actually I did get it. As you say it has some good minfiigures and the Invisible Jet build. What isn't brilliant is the crappy Batman mech, so I didn't build it.
    klinton
    CCC said:
    Actually I did get it. As you say it has some good minfiigures and the Invisible Jet build. What isn't brilliant is the crappy Batman mech, so I didn't build it.
    Hahaha! Fair point.