Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Arms Snapped in Torso.

TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,506
Hi,

I was trying to replace cracked arms on a old Indiana Jones minifigure for some new ones.

On removing the arms, the ends of them snapped off in the torso! 

Anyone else had this? It's a new one to me!

Looking for ideas of how to remove the stubs of the arms without hurting the torso.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,231
    These have all worked for me in the past -

You can glue a thin metal rod into the broken arm, then pull. You obviously have to be careful about where you put the glue.

You can also try poking it inwards. If it is fragile enough to break, you might be able to push into the torso.

You could also try poking with a needle from inside the torso - this depends if you can see the slot in the arm from inside the torso.
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,506
    Thanks for the ideas. Eventually managed to trim some of the burrs off with a knife and poke them inwards. Never seen them break like this before.

Is it typical to old arms? Or specific to older figs or certain colours of parts?
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 371
    "Or specific to older figs or certain colours of parts?"

That older Dark Red is often mentioned in the "Has Lego quality dropped?" discussions. It seems to be one of the colors that breaks easily.
    TheFewPyrobugandhe
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,506
    That will be it then!
  • lkliment2lkliment2 ChicagoMember Posts: 94
    Tkatt said:
    "Or specific to older figs or certain colours of parts?"
    That older Dark Red is often mentioned in the "Has Lego quality dropped?" discussions. It seems to be one of the colors that breaks easily.
    From my experience torsos that tend to break are usually older, not by much, but worth noting. Dark red has at times, however, been the bane of my existence. 
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,291
    For the record, reddish brown is pretty terrible as well.
    PyrobugKungFuKennygmonkey76andhe
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,231
    It is strange, I have often seen cracked dark red arms, but I don't think I have ever had a dark red torso crack. And then there are dark red legs, I'm sure many people have cracked Iron Man legs at the back of the feet, from displaying him on his trans round bricks.