Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2020 Modular Rumors

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,005
    Good news! The younger generations should know what a ‘book’ is and how important it is that there are places, like libraries, where you can get real information about every subject. I pray this is TLG stand towards fake news 😀
    What if it turns out books are just pretty coloured plates/tiles on a shelf. Or large case like structures that you open to reveal just a single page inside.
    J0rgenPyrobuggmonkey76CymbelineTheBigLegoskiBaby_YodaBrickfan50
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,361
    DadsAFOL2 said:
    It’s not today.  Usually there is an embargo announcement on the LAN so everyone knows ~24 hours in advance and can monitor for leaks.  No announcement yet.  
    So is today the day?

Loving that there havent been any leaks yet and it could drop at any moment.
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 461
    The 7th of this month was the date thrown out there for the reveal.
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 449
    PapaBear said:
    They take too long to read.  Plus, you never know if you're wasting your time with the information you get from it.  Books are outdated; Youtube videos are much more efficient.
    That sounds like somebody who has never read fiction or got lost in another world between the pages of an enthralling novel!
    Well I did enjoy the Hobbit and some of the LOTR so maybe.
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    daewoo said:
    A Saturday? I guess I can see that but I would also assume it would be during the week? @Huw said it was this week so I assume tomorrow?
  • SilverLoveSilverLove SwedenMember Posts: 83
    daewoo said:
    A Saturday? I guess I can see that but I would also assume it would be during the week? @Huw said it was this week so I assume tomorrow?
    In worst case its on sunday... Good im not a nail-biter or i wouldnt have any nails left.
  • Glacierfalls265Glacierfalls265 USAMember Posts: 254
    There's a little bit of a flurry of activity going on over on Eurobricks at the moment
    Oh it's so pretty, I love the roofs especially! And some cleve use of the pieces :) 
    Fizyx
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 703
    I’m in love with this modular! The colors are so striking, the tree in front, the small details, the roofs ... day 1 purchase for me! 
    Glacierfalls265FizyxKungFuKennyCymbelineBaby_YodaBrickchap
  • stecubestecube ItalyMember Posts: 5
    That's a very nice building, even though it's not as tall as the others. I love the details!
    Now that I've seen the high definition pictures from the LEGO France Facebook I have to say it's really growing on me. Now I really want to see the interiors! 
    edited December 2019
    And it’s like the pet shop!!! Yay! Split buildings! I really like the curved stairway to the townhouse! And are those new colors for the leaf pieces? Light yellow? I love that it’s called birch books and that there’s a beautiful birch tree in front of the building! It’s a welcome change in tree builds. Also recolor for dove piece and the fitness girl hairpiece.
    edit: recolor for the scarf piece
    Glacierfalls265LostInTranslationomniumFizyxSilverLoveCymbelineBaby_YodaBrickchapeMJeeNL
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,569
    Oooh it's so pretty! 
    Snizzlebutts
    BLACK SAUSAGE PIECE AROUND THE BIRCH TREE! 
    monstblitz
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,324
    Is that an airplane stuck in the tree?
    Fizyxlkliment2legomaniacj
  • milambermilamber Norfolk UKMember Posts: 626
    Oh poo. I've resisted the modulars so far. Might be hard with this one

Glacierfalls265Mr_CrossSilverLove
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,569
    edited December 2019
    "Moby Brick" haha. And I love the recoloured of the dance instructor's hair to black.

Love the colours and style of this modular. Can't wait to see full pics with interior. 
    Think this could be one of my favourite modulars so far
    FizyxBrickchap
    Just had to scroll past those pics above really fast. I assume they're of the new modular. Really want to wait till I can digest all the hi-res pics. Hopefully it'll be up on the main page shortly.
    Pyrobug
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,810
    It's a real beauty!
    Mr_CrossPapaBear
  • rubikonrubikon NetherlandsMember Posts: 13
    I’m really liking what I’m seeing. Afraid it will be torturous to see some review sites having the review up by tomorrow as they received the set from LEGO for PR and the plebs need to wait until next year. No building on Christmas or New Year’s Day :’(
    I suspect Lego France jumped the gun somewhat and released pics early - ironic that the only modular without any leaks at all ends up being leaked by Lego themselves!

Apparently the official unveiling of it is at 2pm today.
    omniumstluxMynattGlacierfalls265Baby_Yoda
    edited December 2019
    Ok... saw it on the home page. First impression is that I love it. But looking at it in more detail, I'm worried it may not be very tall. The building on the right almost looks like it could have a floor missing.

I'm a bit concerned that the buildings are getting shorter and shorter so Lego can cram in more and more detail (and in this case, two separate buildings). Anyone counted the bricks to see how it compares to the others? I'd have thought any shorter than the Pet Shop would be too short.
  • FabulandloverFabulandlover SomewhereMember Posts: 11
    Apparently the set has 2504 pieces. But looking at the pictures the majority will be tiny pieces.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 815
    This looks fabulous. Personally, I'm happy with more and more details. Although I'd rather the piece count and price went up, rather than the size going down :)
    BrainsluggedMr_CrossFizyx7BSCymbeline
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    I like it! But it is too short. I can see giving the apartment 2 extra stories and the book store one.
    TheBigLegoski
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    I just saw the 360 view. It's not very deep either. Kind of like a facade rather then a full building. Definitely  going to have fun modding it to my satisfaction. 
    TheBigLegoski
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 793
    That's the LEGO builder/fan attitude^ @ecmo47, so right on!

For those that complain about it being small (I feel the building on the right is very short) we can always add another floor. Odds are we have the majority of the bricks needed to do so. I think I need the window elements though :-(

I am thankful as a fan that these sets are still being produced. We get to learn amazing build techniques from Jamie and the other designers who create these works of art. 
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,622
    I really like the  look of that. Just trying to work out how to fit it in my current layout though.
    Snizzlebutts
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,299
    That's a lovely looking model.
    omniumKungFuKenny
  • SnizzlebuttsSnizzlebutts MelbourneMember Posts: 57
    I really like the  look of that. Just trying to work out how to fit it in my current layout though.
    I would add it next to the Parisian restaurant. The birch tree would look great in front the book store just across from the staircase of the restaurant. Plus the styles of the book shop and the restaurant are quite similar.
    wardmSilverLoveBaby_Yoda
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 981
    It looks amazing. Love the details and colours. With the 2 buildings separating I can see that lots of parts would have gone into adding those additional walls to close both buildings! So looking forward to getting this at some point. Likely won't have the funds in January so I will wait for a free gift or discount. 
    There's a mousetrap in the townhouse basement!
    FizyxPyrobug
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Glastonbury, CT, USAMember Posts: 599
    edited December 2019
    *sigh* It’s so beautiful. I don’t know what it is about these modulars that makes me so sappy, but I just can’t help it. First day purchase for me, which is rare.

Loving the Moby Brick book by the way...
    KungFuKennySilverLoveAstrobricksTheBigLegoski
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 486
    I really like the design of it but as others have mentioned, the building on the right seems too short. I may have to see about piecing together another floor. Maybe this was why LEGO bought BL, they're going to start designing sets that seem incomplete and they want a bigger cut of the people who want to expand the sets ;)

Snizzlebutts
  • NickoNicko London, UKMember Posts: 1
    Even the front of the box is gorgeous. Pink sky! 
  • SnizzlebuttsSnizzlebutts MelbourneMember Posts: 57
    Was going to buy the Diner as my next mod but seriously considering waiting for this instead.
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,908
    I was underwhelm when I first saw it. Now I'm 50/50

Book store looks good, nice colour and detail.

House is odd, has a floor missing for sure. Even the book store looks a bit short but the house is just silly. Not a fan of houses in this line in the first place as they are not as interesting and dont make sense unless you have a few in a row. A second business would have been much better.  

So now its autumn but down the street at the first station its not?

The house is number 107 so if we get another numbered building we have to put it in the right place?

I dont think this fits that well into the line and I dont think the house will make the cut in my layout but the book shop will. I guess I just have to wait for a good price given I only want half of the set.

• SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,908
    SumoLego said:
    This is a funny looking PP.
    Thats what she said!
    SumoLegogmonkey76M1J0EJ0rgeneMJeeNLJern92sid3windr
    There’s a teal colored chameleon on the top floor above the book store! 
    BumblepantsPyrobugSumoLego
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 807
    I love it. The color scheme, two separate buildings gives us more arrangement options, the building techniques on the townhouse (the roof in particular!)... So much to love. And I don't mind it being shorter than normal. Different buildings will have different blueprints - totally expected. Can't wait to pick it up. 
    AstrobricksM1J0EBaby_Yoda
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    Can't wait to add this to the collection!  Loving how the buildings split!
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,156
    In all seriousness, now I have to reconsider my residential block.  All of my Pet Shop brownstones will have some variation!

(And yes, I intend to have a somewhat mundane residential area.  'Cause Mr. T needs a nice 1-story walk-up to pity the fool that don't clean up after his doggie!)
    gmonkey76KungFuKennyM1J0Esid3windr
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,156
    wardm said:
    There’s a teal colored chameleon on the top floor above the book store! 
    Is this a random reference to Pascal?
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 950
    On first glance I loved it, the exterior is beautiful and very striking. But as the pictures progressed through the interior, I became underwhelmed. I'm honestly struggling to see what makes it a book store, apart from one glorious pun. If you showed me the interior only and asked me what it was, I don't think I could have guessed. Perhaps they should have given the bookstore the full plate footprint, and not bothered with the town house. I'm not against town houses, but here it feels like it compromised the main attraction, where that wasn't the case with the Pet Shop. 

As a book lover myself this feels like an opportunity missed :(
    SMCgmonkey76Brickfan50
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,979
    I am among those who have not yet delved into the world of Modulars. However, offerings like this make it increasingly difficult to stay away. My initial reaction is that is is a highly appealing combination of buildings and colors. There might be a few oddities (such as the bricks mentioned by @CCC ), but overall I think it's pretty fantastic! 
    KungFuKennyM1J0E
    edited December 2019
    SMC said:
    I was underwhelm when I first saw it. Now I'm 50/50

The house is number 107 so if we get another numbered building we have to put it in the right place?

I dont think this fits that well into the line and I dont think the house will make the cut in my layout but the book shop will. I guess I just have to wait for a good price given I only want half of the set.

I hope it can grow even more on you, if you do decide to buy the set, there is almost nothing as unsatisfying as buying a set one only halfheartedly wants. Sometimes its better to not buy at all.

Perhaps if you do decide to buy the set you can sell the townhouse bags to someone that wants to increase the hight on their set?!

Regarding the numbering of the house, stop thinking so linear if possible (i too have my buildings in a row, guess people that have their lego city on something table-like dont have to think about this at all) or exchange the house number bit if possible (is it a print or a sticker?).

I heard that house numbers on some streets in japan are not ordered from lower to higher but are numbered as the houses were built, so if the 10th house on the street was built on land between house 5 and and house 6, the number 10 would be on that houses facade.
    CCC said:

All the recolours they do these days and they end up doing this. If they don't have the right bricks in the right colour, then maybe use another colour for the whole facade. Or make the right bricks in the right colour. This just looks cheap.
    I honestly admire your eye for details. I recall on some older houses with decorative details, the facade can have discolouration around/under the decorations due to moisture or something in the whatever was used as ”glue” leaking out from the rest of the material...