Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Buy One, Get One 50% Off 3/25 - 3/31 at Toys R Us

124»

Comments

• RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    My local TRU had it's shelves pretty much full. Only thing is they don't carry any of the modular buildings or Star Wars UCS.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,395
    edited March 2012
    @gmpirate- Keep checking back, the set has been re-stocked the most out of any of the sets so there's a pretty good chance you get one last shot at it before the BOGO ends at TRU.

@Renny- Same here in Kentucky.

The Tower Bridge is now officially marked as Out of Stock.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    ^^Right, they don't keep modulars or any UCS stuff. I got two unimogs and a bunch of other stuff in-store. It depends on what you are looking for. You may want to call or check the availability online. However, the online availability is quite inaccurate at times. I called two stores near me, one gets lego shipments on Thursday, the other on Friday. I am going to check them tomorrow for the passenger train.
    @Dougout- The passenger train is available for $150 BOGO 50% online right now. Has that one been going in and out of stock too? I didn't even think to buy it, was just surfing the store.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    I know the Times Square store in NY has many LEGO exclusives. Do you know if they promo is available there too? The bad thing about the NY store is that they usually mark up the items.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    ^I'm sure the promotion is available there. I think that is the ONLY store in the U.S. that carries them. I would actually like to see the lego aisle for myself.

@samiam391 No, I don't think the passenger train is sought after. I know it's been available online, I just want to build it soon, that's why I want to get it in the store.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    I would too, but the only time I would see a large LEGO exclusive is when someone returns it to the store. I saw a heavily beat up TB once.
    edited March 2012
    I saw a heavily beat up TB once.
    How exciting ;-)
    It's really true though, I wish my local stores carried the exclusives so that I could see them in their "natural habitat".
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,222
    I think there is a handful of TRU's that carry the exclusives, mostly flagship stores in major cities I think... at least someone was saying that about a store in New York.
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 243
    TRU's flagship store in Times Square (TS) carries all the exclusives, but the quantities varies as it does online. The BOGO discounts do apply at the TS store. On Monday, I had seen TB, FB, PS, Unimog and Excavator. Even at the store, you may not find a matching set based on the price.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    ^ I believe they are all marked up above MSRP, as well.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    FYI....GE back in stock as of 8am EST
    ^And with that, the GE is again out of stock.

Additionally, it appears that the BOGO has been extended to tomorrow (Saturday the 31st of March).
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    TB back in stock. Kingdoms Joust and Sydney Opera House listings also added this morning. Although Joust is marked up to $140. It's out of stock as well.
    It appears TB is back in stock, although it's not allowing me to add to cart.

Also, TRU seems to have added the Kingdom Joust to it's list of exclusive sets online. It is not in-stock currently, but is eligible for the BOGO according to the website. Hope it comes in stock by tomorrow night before the BOGO ends!
    Looks like the Marvel sets were removed too.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    Just curious for those TRU sale historians, when was the last time TRU had a true Buy 1, Get 1 Free w/ Lego?
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    ^ I can't remember one in the past 12 or so years that I've been out of my dark ages, but I suppose there's a slim chance it happened and I missed it circa 2000 because shopping deals information was not spread and shared as much as it is today.

I do remember KMart had B1G1 free as recent as 2001, but if memory serves me correctly, their general stock was so small that I thought they were ceasing to carry LEGO when it happened.
    edited March 2012
    ^And with that, the GE is again out of stock.

Additionally, it appears that the BOGO has been extended to tomorrow (Saturday the 31st of March).
    There was a BOGO going on for the week, starts on Sunday at 12:00am and ends on Sunday at 12:00am

Kinda kicking myself, wanted to get a couple of Pet Shops but I guess I will need to wait for the next BOGO (which probably will not be long in waiting)
    Still refreshing the screen and hoping but at this late time I think I missed the windows (Which was on Sat nite/ Sunday morning and Tuesday morning apparently)

@madforlegos- You are right, I thought it was an extension because they implied it on their home page... but apparently for it to last the whole week was the idea the whole time.

And don't give up, TRU has been randomly re-stocking their items the whole week. Just keep checking back here because they are usually exhausted within minutes.
    MMV back.
  • zmagilicutiezmagilicutie Member Posts: 12
    Unimog in stock
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Managed to get 2x GE this morning. With the FB I ordered yesterday, I guess I'll be doing the modular thing after all. Everyone here is a bad influence on my bank account.

I've still got awhile on the Pet Shop, right?
    edited March 2012
    MMV not in stock (at least any longer)
    and apparently only one unimog in stock :-(
    MMV not in stock (at least any longer)
    and apparently only one unimog in stock :-(
    I missed it too :-(
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,238
    Much like @rocao, I've been out of my dark ages for about 12 years and I can't recall a BUY ONE, GET ONE on LEGO at TRU...heck, anywhere.

That being said, TRU is having a BUY ONE, GET ONE on book through tomorrow so I assume this will also apply to the LEGO ones. We're definitely going to take advantage of it tomorrow for some children's books.
  • jawapezjawapez Member Posts: 15
    I'm surprised they didn't add Joust sooner. Are they likely to add Town Hall some day then?
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 243
    @rocao TRU Time Square stores prices are the same as online prices. Modulars are at RRP, at least they were this week.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    I'm surprised they didn't add Joust sooner. Are they likely to add Town Hall some day then?
    They tend to get the Direct sets a few months after LEGO starts selling them. I would expect Town Hall to show up at TRU some time mid-summer.

• The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    Missed GE again. ;(
  • zmagilicutiezmagilicutie Member Posts: 12
    GE in stock
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    ^quick like ninja
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^ won't load to cart however
  • RainingBoroSi02RainingBoroSi02 NCMember Posts: 59
    GE in stock but wont load to cart, again.
    ^Mine's showing out of stock. It was probably in-stock about 10 minutes ago and is gone now.
  • RainingBoroSi02RainingBoroSi02 NCMember Posts: 59
    edited April 2012
    Does anyone have any guesses for when the next sale like this would be? I'm still in the market for a PS and GE.
    ^Personally, I don't really know. Keep checking back though on this sale, still 4 hours of life in it. It may pop out the GE or PS one last time for 10 minutes or so.
  • ptericpteric Member Posts: 156
    These sales usually come up every few weeks. Sometimes they will do a percentage off and sometimes they will do the bogo half sales. Then sometimes they will do the bogo half off including star wars sets. But the sales on Lego happen a lot.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    ^ Yes. They had a 10% off the modulars last week.
    The BOGO continues (as noted in a new thread) into next week some lines are excluded but the mods are not excluded, the prob is they are still sold out.