Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

BendyBadger's Brickset BonusBall Bonanza - SumoLego Thanksgiving Edition (Drawing 11-27-2019)

2»

Comments

• CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 345
    Witness the birth of Christ.
    SumoLegopanchox1KungFuKennyFowlerBricks
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,921
    Agincourt, St Crispin's Day 1415
    SumoLego
  • alldarkeralldarker NetherlandsMember Posts: 225
    edited November 2019
    I love the stories of the 'Old West', and I would love to be able to explore that era of 'Manifest Destiny': the whole period of exploring and 'conquering' the American Frontier, including the Gold Rush. I'll be honest, games like Red Dead Redemption 1 & 2 and Western movies give wonderful insight into both the beauty and the ugliness of those periods, but to actually see it and live it... If I had a time machine, that's where you'd find me. 
    SumoLegopanchox1KungFuKenny
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,781
    The Time Of The Dinosaurs!

I forget the names of the eras - the most interesting one...
    Mr_Cross560HeliportSumoLegoKungFuKenny
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,868
    edited November 2019
    I would go back in history and collect all the rare lego sets then sell them and make my fortune. Also win the lottery about 5 times and invest in Apple and Google.
    SumoLego
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,963
    I'd quite like to go back to the 80s, but take some modern technology with me like a mobile phone, tablet, laptop, etc. and amaze the locals with the touchscreen technology, digital camera, games, and so on.

A few hours later, I would then eventually realise that none of it's very useful without the world wide web or USB charging ports :(
    bandit778560HeliportSumoLegoKungFuKenny
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 900
    Ancient Egypt in their apex would be amazing to see. Also the ancient middle-eastern empires at their peak such as Babylon, Assyria, Israel etc. would be absolutely fascinating to experience.

Thanks for hosting!
    SumoLegoKungFuKenny
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,982
    edited November 2019
    Ooh! I'd love to go back to the Roman period and see them try and grapple with democracy/autocracy. Lots of good intentions by some I think and be interesting to study up close.

Also want to go back to Elizabethan England to see how many plays and sonnets Shakespeare actually wrote.

I'd also like to see Charles Vane (blame Black Sails )

Egyptian pyramid building is one of those mysteries I'd also like to see solved.

Thanks for hosting and have a great Thanksgiving.

KungFuKennyMr_Crossstlux
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,940
    When did the Flintstones exist again? 

Over the last several years, I've developed a fairly intense interest in the Knights Templar. I've love to experience any portion of their history and see the inner workings of that incredible organization. 

Hopefully I've made the cut!
    SumoLegogmonkey76KungFuKenny
  • NytshaedNytshaed Nor Cal 510Member Posts: 1
    I would want to go back and see Led Zeppelin at the MSG, and to see King Tut, and be an observer during his reign and sad demise.  Thanks for  hosting! 
    Mr_CrossSumoLego
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    I believe I am too late for the drawing, but I would love to go back to the 60's, 70's, and 80's to experience the evolution of the Indianapolis 500 prior to the split. Bonus would be getting to watch the 24 Hours of Le Mans evolve as well.
    SumoLego
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,125
    The golden era of Pirates sailing the high seas
    gmonkey76SumoLegoLittleLori
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,257
    edited November 2019
    Lucky number 21!  How can I lose?  I shouldn’t feel guilty for double posting since the list is set, right?   :-)
    gmonkey76SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,094
    After the first 59 posts, you can double, triple, quintuple post all you like!
    KungFuKennyLittleLori
    edited November 2019
    When did the Flintstones exist again? 
    I’ve heard that they’re the modern Stone Age family, and that they’re a page right out of history...
    Hopefully I've made the cut!
    You squeezed under that gate like Indiana Jones... did you grab your hat though?
    Switchfoot55
    MaffyD said:

I think you mean “The Land Before Time”... or perhaps that time Homer caused an extinction event by sneezing on the T. Rex...
    MaffyD
    MaffyD said:

Barney?
    MaffyD
    ^^ & ^ either of those would be fine!
    KungFuKenny
  • im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 125
    Lucky # Sleven!
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 689
    Wow that's a nice surprise, PM coming your way
    KungFuKennySumoLego
  • im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 125
    Thanks again @SumoLego!
    KungFuKennySumoLego
    Well done @BrickByBrick and thanks for running @SumoLego :-) 
    KungFuKennyBrickByBrickSumoLegoMr_Cross
    So it looks like I will have to participate 59 times before I win... that’s how math works, right? :-). Good job @BrickByBrick and thanks again @SumoLego... Happy Turkey Day also!
    BrickByBrickSumoLegoLittleLori
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,963
    The probability of participating 59 times but never winning anything is, surprisingly, more than 1/3!
    KungFuKennySumoLegoSwitchfoot55
    edited November 2019
    ^ I feel like I am solidly in that 1/3 then! 
    SumoLego
    The probability of participating 59 times but never winning anything is, surprisingly, more than 1/3!
    Unless you get in early and participate 59 times in the same draw of course. So if anyone sees KungFuKenny2 and his friends KungFuKenny3..59 entering, you know what is going on.

KungFuKennyBrickByBrick
    ^ Curses... foiled again!
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 746
    edited November 2019
    I won it once, years ago, when @bendybadger still ran it. It's a great feeling. Congrats @BrickByBrick and thanks for the comp @SumoLego
    SumoLegosnowhitie
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 727
    Awww dagnammit... but Happy Thanksgiving to our fellow Lego mentalist Americans...

ps.  can someone save me a turkey leg?
    SumoLegodonutboy
  • sklambsklamb speaker of American EnglishMember Posts: 496
    Thanks again for running this competition, @sumolego!
    SumoLegosnowhitie
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,982
    Christmas has come early for @BrickByBrick, nice selection!
    BrickByBrickTheOriginalSimonBSumoLegoKungFuKennyCymbelineAddicted2OxygenSeijiAmasawaLittleLori
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,094
    (I do what I can!)
    BrickByBrickKungFuKennymak0137snowhitieCymbelineMaffyDAddicted2OxygenSeijiAmasawaLittleLori