Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Secret Santa 2019

Comments

• panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 164
    Ordering complete! Waiting for delivery so wrapping can commence! Also, if my Santa is watching, I've been updating my want list, trying to instill some variety and options since my submitted wish list was super vague. I've learned a lot since signing up, lol.
    KungFuKenny
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 453
    My BrickLink orders arrived today, all present and correct—now just for the finishing touches and it'll be dropped in the post!
    KungFuKenny
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 157
    I seek him here, I seek him there, this Santa seeks him everywhere...and lucky for my Santee this is possible from poolside in Honolulu. Don’t worry Santee I’ll be home soon!
    KungFuKennyBumblepantsJenni
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,402
    Hopefully the last bits arrive this weekend and I can get it wrapped and shipped.
    KungFuKennyM1J0E
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 723
    Cymbeline said:
    I seek him here, I seek him there, this Santa seeks him everywhere...and lucky for my Santee this is possible from poolside in Honolulu. Don’t worry Santee I’ll be home soon!
    @Cymbeline
    +1 for the Scarlet Pimpernel reference!  Enjoy the islands...(trying not to sound jealous!)
    catwrangler
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 246
    Posting now would tempt the lego mice and packages might be opened, I'd have to pay my Daughter to accidentally open it before the mices
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,690
    Excited about a breakthrough I had this morning and getting a clear direction on what I want to do for my santee. 

Everyone would love a extra bag or two of Megablocks, right?
    KungFuKennyM1J0ESprinkleOtterSeijiAmasawa
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 246
    So switchfoot has megablocks on the wish list .......hmmm very interesting!
    kezKungFuKennyBumblepantsSwitchfoot55SumoLegoFowlerBrickskiki180703SprinkleOtterSeijiAmasawa
    Yeesh...stepped right into that one. Lesson learned. Hopefully my stalker will show grace!
    KungFuKennySeijiAmasawa
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,005
    bandit778 said:
    So if you are the one that ends up with a small Lego gift, some off brand bricks and a bag of dog kibble, please keep it in mind that I'm doing my best. :(
    Yeesh...stepped right into that one. Lesson learned. Hopefully my stalker will show grace!
    So, no off brand bricks............

What your saying is to go heavy on the dog kibble then?
    KungFuKennyBrainsluggedstluxM1J0EgratefulnatSprinkleOtterSeijiAmasawa
    Sprinted into Walmart on the way to work this AM and found a great additional gift at 20% off.  I’m really enjoying adding as much in to the pile as possible without cheating on the price limit (too much anyway).  My newest dilemma is that my Santee’s wish list is getting me interested in themes and sets that had not been on my radar before....a $20 limit for them may turn into a more expensive habit for me in the coming months!
    TheOriginalSimonBCymbelineFowlerBricksMaffyDLittleLoriM1J0ESwitchfoot55SprinkleOtterSeijiAmasawa
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 622
    Sprinted into Walmart on the way to work this AM and found a great additional gift at 20% off.  I’m really enjoying adding as much in to the pile as possible without cheating on the price limit (too much anyway).  My newest dilemma is that my Santee’s wish list is getting me interested in themes and sets that had not been on my radar before....a $20 limit for them may turn into a more expensive habit for me in the coming months!
    I found that to be a great thing about this too.  Looking over my Santee’s wants & owned is a window into the minute details of somebody’s interests.  While broadly similar to my own, or they wouldn’t be here & participating, the details are incredibly different.  Nice!
    KungFuKennySeijiAmasawa
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 274
    Gifts wrapped, cards written, box packed, address sticker applied, wonderful glass of barolo providing inspiration. Just need to make it to the post office over the next few weeks...
    KungFuKennystluxbandit778snowhitieMaffyDkiki180703SeijiAmasawa
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,005
    I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that people are prepared enough to have prospective pressies ready for wrapping, let alone posted already.
    Thought I had a good week or two before worrying too much about getting it there on time but it looks like I'm seriously going to have to pull my socks up with the ordering of bits for my Santee's pressie. 
    gratefulnatKungFuKennyAddicted2Oxygenkiki180703MaffyDbrickedinSeijiAmasawa
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 274
    Idiom of the day Pull your socks up Meaning To improve
    :)
    bandit778snowhitieshikadiSeijiAmasawa
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,822
    Lego socks would be a good present, actually. Though only with Lego on them, not IN...
    KungFuKennyLittleLoriSeijiAmasawa
    Well, @gratefulnat clearly needs some new socks as badly as I need Megabloks!
    gratefulnatSeijiAmasawa
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,375
    @catwrangler Etsy is your friend.

KungFuKennyAddicted2OxygencatwranglerLittleLoriGothamConstructionCoSprinkleOtterSeijiAmasawagratefulnat
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 622
    MaffyD said:
    I find that the only thing that scares me about Secret Santa are the moments when you look at the Santee's wishes and find out they don't have ANYTHING on it, and the designated elf comes to you and says the Santee wants you to "Surprise them with something different"! Eerily similar to shopping for my wife... but for Lego.
    Hopefully your santee isn't like my wife.

Me: I'm going to order takeaway - what would you like?
    Her: Anything.
    Me: You must prefer something. I'll get anything you want.
    Her: Anything. Just surprise me.
    Me: OK. Just so you know though, I'm going to get burgers.
    Her: I don't like burgers.
    Me: I'm getting pizza then.
    Her: That's too much bread.
    Me: OK. Chinese.
    Her: I don't feel like Chinese.
    Me: JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU FUCKING WANT!!!!!
    Her: I want whatever you feel like....   :D :D :D
    KungFuKennydavetheoxygenmanSeijiAmasawa
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,049
    Fired up bricklonk and got the shopping started. Looking forward to seeing it all come together.
    KungFuKennySprinkleOtterSeijiAmasawa
    After a postal delivery operative brought some bits yesterday, I should be able to finish up shopping for my victim lucky recipient on the way home tonight.
    KungFuKennySumoLegokiki180703SeijiAmasawa
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,355
    ^ I can't cook that fast.  Or drive that fast.
    sid3windrSeijiAmasawa
  • COOLEGOCOOLEGO B'ham/SolihullMember Posts: 207
    Finally settled on my SS gift(s), had a really good idea (proper proud of myself), just waiting for it to arrive, then i'll no doubt put off doing the wrapping for a week or two before it finally makes it way to the post office.
    Really enjoyed the SS researching this year, my santee was a very interesting case study.
    MaffyDSpeedman29panchox1kezKungFuKennykiki180703SeijiAmasawa
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 820
    SumoLego said:
    ^ I can't cook that fast.  Or drive that fast.
    I'm pretty sure it will almost always be faster to cook up a dinner from scratch or drive across town and back than to wait on a decisive answer. :p
    LittleLori560HeliportSprinkleOtterkiki180703SeijiAmasawa
    I've already received my present from my wonderful and efficient SS and am endeavouring to resist temptation by banishing the package to my storage room. My Santee's present is enroute to me so I'll be wrapping and shipping it out in good time. Just makes me want to belt out a few Christmas carols and scare my cat! 
    stluxKungFuKennypanchox1kezbandit778TheOriginalSimonBM1J0Ekiki180703SeijiAmasawa
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 826
    Stalking complete, finally sorted my Santee's present out - just need to get it delivered! :-D
    KungFuKennySeijiAmasawa
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 226
    Finally got all presents together & wrapped them up individually. Ready for shipment tomorrow!
    KungFuKennyCymbelineSeijiAmasawa
    Also did some wrapping today.
    KungFuKennySeijiAmasawa
    Another member of the wrapping club checking in!
    KungFuKennySeijiAmasawa
    ^ and ^^ 
    I didn’t wrap today but I did beat-box a bit...
    TheOriginalSimonBCymbelinebrickventuresclassicSumoLegoLittleLori560Heliportkiki180703bandit778SeijiAmasawa
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,355
    ^ and ^^ 
    I got stuck in the remix.  But the DJ saved my life.
    KungFuKennySprinkleOtter560Heliportkiki180703SeijiAmasawa
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,656
    From a broken heart?
    KungFuKennySumoLego
  • brickmattbrickmatt USAMember Posts: 95
    ^ and ^^ 
    I hope it wasn't your Santee's box...
    KungFuKennySumoLegosid3windrSeijiAmasawa
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    I feel kinda funny knowing that someone's trawling through all my old posts...

I'm not that weird anymore. I swear!
    MaffyDSpeedman29SumoLegoAddicted2OxygenKungFuKennykiki180703SeijiAmasawa
    I feel kinda funny knowing that someone's trawling through all my old posts...

I'm not that weird anymore. I swear!
    And thats why I used private browser!
    I have finally got everything sorted, wrapped and shipped.....or maybe I haven't!
    SumoLegoKungFuKennySeijiAmasawa
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,657
    I'm still waiting on a BL order invoice. :/
    SumoLegoKungFuKennySeijiAmasawa
    edited November 2019
    I'm still waiting on a BL order invoice. :/
    @FowlerBricks
    Looks like you will need to take that up with Lego Customer Service now, since they are buying BrickLink!  On the plus side, maybe they will give you some free VIP points for your trouble :-)
    FowlerBricksSprinkleOtterSumoLegokiki180703SeijiAmasawa
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 99
    Making progress on my secret santee's gift :)
    KungFuKennySumoLegoSeijiAmasawa
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 295
    edited November 2019
    Same here, still gathering stuff, but we still have time. :-)
    Well, after a family emergency that quickly rearranged priorities, I'm finally back on track with the acquisition of gifts. Excited for a few more things to fall into place so I can get it wrapped and shipped! 
    Apparently Amazon used the mail service to ship my Santee's present to me. The team of snails  hired by Canada Post are finding the Rockies a bit of a challenge I guess...
    KungFuKennystluxSumoLegoLittleLoriM1J0Ekiki180703SeijiAmasawa
  • FireFox31FireFox31 NH, USAMember Posts: 25
    edited November 2019
    I'm glad that my recipient is active on this thread.  That way, they will see any little taunts and teases that I post here.  Good thing their interests align with mine.  Now, to get the perfect pile of plastic parts pronto!
    Conversely, I feel bad for the person sending to me.  I'm brand new here so there's not much to stalk (except my Bricklink "have" list which isn't complete).  They'll do what they want with the request I made, and surely it will make me smile.
    Happy picking and packing everyone.
    KungFuKennyCymbelineSumoLegoBumblepantsLittleLoriM1J0Ekiki180703sid3windrSeijiAmasawa
  • milambermilamber Norfolk UKMember Posts: 601
    Posted mine :)
    stluxKungFuKennyMaffyDSumoLegoSwitchfoot55shikadiCymbelinekiki180703SeijiAmasawa
  • FireFox31FireFox31 NH, USAMember Posts: 25
    First items have been collected/purchased... In full disclosure there may have also been a Jack Stone fig in my latest Bricklink order.  I’m not saying it was for my Santee, but it was “like new” so how could I pass it up?  I suppose the decision to keep it versus inflict it on my Santee will depend on whether or not he/she is on the naughty or nice list...

I would sure be glad to get those arm pieces in blue.  You could say, they're "Classic".  Less excited about Jack Stone though.  I sold him off with 10+ pounds of non-Lego because I thought he was Tyco or MegaBlox.
    KungFuKenny