Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New parts discussion

Comments

• 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,198
    I think a briefcase, in yellow, with a printed LEGO logo would be perfect!
    Cymbeline
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 814
    Shib said:
    I wouldn't get too excited about the idea of it being a real part, LEGO often feature digital renders of non existent parts in their marketing. 
    That's true... on the other hand, that game controller on the other side of the picture showed up in marketing images long before it debuted in this latest CMF series.
    KungFuKennyAanchir
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,315
    And remember that we have had many figures in those adverts that never made the light of day either.
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 604
    New large window element, new frame, new tree element in both the treehouse and the river set from the new Frozen sets. 

BumblepantsmadforLEGOcatwrangler
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,111
    ^ I think that arch piece has been in a number of sets already. The window element may well be new though.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=40066&v=3&in=S
    ^Oh it's the back of that piece? I haven't seen it in person... 
    wardm said:
    ^Oh it's the back of that piece? I haven't seen it in person... 
    Yeah, it's the back of the arch with the columns. The window glass that fits it is definitely new though.

And that tree part is... interesting. Feels a bit like a POOP but technically if that curve is a regular 90 degree arc then there aren't any existing half arches that match it exactly. Mostly it just makes me wish Elves was still around...
    KungFuKennyLittleLori

what is this part in the new lego ideas dinosaur set? 
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 801
    wardm said:
    what is this part in the new lego ideas dinosaur set? 
    Looks like a render problem to me. NewElementary say there are no new parts:
    And their photos look different from what you've shown.

• ClassicsmileyClassicsmiley USAMember Posts: 28
    That looks like this part: https://brickset.com/parts/design-11291

DeMonteswardmLyichirPaperballparkKungFuKennydavetheoxygenman
    ^yes, now I see!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,172
    found this new guy when my girls were gifted some Frozen sets yesterday. A big improvement on previous brick built gift boxes as the lids now attach. Could be really useful in more neutral colors.
    madforLEGOKungFuKenny
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 662
    ^Was introduced in the Series 18 Party boy and party girl in white with printing
    CM4SAanchir
    Interesting. It said 2019 in the inventory so I guess it got a new part number.
    Interesting. It said 2019 in the inventory so I guess it got a new part number.
    The unprinted version would naturally have a different number than the printed ones.

I like the look of this piece. There's a part of me that hopes for Lego to someday pilfer the Super Mario license from K'nex (perhaps when the upcoming animated movie comes out), and with question mark printing, a tile on top, and a plate underneath, these would be perfect for item boxes.
    CM4SAanchir
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,550
    Thebrickfan.com is reporting the possible return of the 32x32 White base plate sometime next year
    Switchfoot55560HeliportwardmLittleLoriKungFuKennygmonkey76CymbelineMr_CrossGothamConstructionCo
  • LittleLoriLittleLori CanadaMember Posts: 154
    Thebrickfan.com is reporting the possible return of the 32x32 White base plate sometime next year
    That will make for some fantastic winter displays-hope this is true.
    560HeliportKungFuKennymadforLEGOSirBen
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,552
    I bought 90 white 16x16 plates a few years ago for that purpose, but have never got round to building a display with them.
    FizyxSwitchfoot55
  • WhiteDoveWhiteDove AustraliaMember Posts: 72
    I bought loads of 16x16 white plates for my winter village too, and am doing a MILS type arrangement with blue baseplates underneath. I wanted to do that anyway so I could have a bit of terrain and be able to lift the buildings out easily for storage, (so they are only connected by a few studs, but it is expensive. I’m so glad to hear there will be white baseplates - I will use those for future expansions. 
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,765
    Has anyone else noticed they seem to have changed the formula for the plastic in the brick separator (31510)? I just noticed the one in #21046 has a “dead” sound when dropped, compared to older ones.
    Pumpkin piece now in red with the 2020 chinese new year sets! (also a lot of new colours for a lot of parts, like Parker hairpiece recoloured, and a lot of new prints)
    BumblepantspxchrisKungFuKennymadforLEGOCM4S
    banana in white, scarf piece in red, a hairpiece in green, print on bb-8 head ... 
    CM4SLostInTranslation
    There is also an unprinted white BB-8 body as an urn or jar.

CM4S
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 692
    It's a new parts bonanza! I'm looking forward to seeing what pops up from this on B&P!
    CM4S
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,075
    Frogs in white, ingots in white, bar holders galore in dark red :-)
    BumblepantsomniumKungFuKennyBaby_YodaFizyxCM4S
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 899
    The rodent hat
    CM4SLostInTranslation
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,386
    new piece for the fins of the batmobile?
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,303
    Ingots in white? Good thing I'll be picking up a 2nd one for parts, then all I'll need is a couple of 1x1 quarter circle tiles in blue & dark red, plus get those three parts printed & my two Microfighter Millennium Falcons will be complete.
    Fauch said:
    new piece for the fins of the batmobile?
    I don't think so. They look to be brick-built.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,386
    like a 1x2 half arch brick at the end
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 863
    edited November 2019
    Looks like trophy figs will come in orange and dark pink...

And right after I just completed collecting all the colors! (Not that I wasn’t buying these sets anyway...)
    FizyxmadforLEGOstluxMynattSwitchfoot55Mr_CrossPenkid11CM4SLittleLori
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 946
    Mr_Cross said:
    Frogs in white, ingots in white, bar holders galore in dark red :-)
    Looking forward to white ingot pieces. Although, some photos show grey (artist pictures) but the set photos alone (white background) shows white ingot. Hopefully the grey ingots were included for the artist photos before the final model was made. 
    Mr_Cross
    2x8 curved slope in black and lime in the #76899 speed champions set, previously only available in dark blue and white in the #10265 Mustang.
    BumblepantsKungFuKenny
    Mr_Cross said:
    2x8 curved slope in black and lime in the #76899 speed champions set, previously only available in dark blue and white in the #10265 Mustang.
    I like the look of that set, but when I read the title all I hear is Jeremy Clarkson on the GT joking about having an itchy Urus
    madforLEGO
  • Brickfan50Brickfan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 243
    ^ GT? Jeremy who? Urus? Man, even the Urban Dictionary doesn’t help me out 😀!
    #70429 Stunt plane...
    What is this part behind the propeller?
    ...looks cool! So many new parts to get excited about!
    omnium
    edited November 2019
    Mr_Cross said:
    #70429 Stunt plane...
    Do you mean this part?

Or are you talking about the larger grey ring where it meets the dark blue?

@omnium I was referring to the larger flared ring... I just wondered whether it was a reappropriated technic part... I'd struggle to find it on bricklink.

omnium
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,414
    I have to say I'm loving the backwards baseball cap with hair.
    Mr_Cross said:
    #70429 Stunt plane...

Interesting. It could be that balloon tire wheel cover piece used in the most recent Ninjago sets?
    LyichiromniumMr_Cross
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,198
    I have the Ninjago sets; it it definitely looks like that piece.
    LyichiromniumMr_Cross
    edited November 2019
    @Mr_Cross yeah, I struggled to find it until @Bumblepants and @560Heliport mentioned the other Ninjago sets.
    So I think it's this piece in grey or metallic:

As a spacer, I hope it's grey!!! :-D

Mr_CrossCM4S
    These will probably get called "energy parts" by bricklink:
    but that one on the right hand side is very reminiscent of brickforge's spill/splat/wee wee.

560HeliportMr_CrossFizyxgmonkey76
    edited November 2019
    ^ GT? Jeremy who? Urus? Man, even the Urban Dictionary doesn’t help me out 😀!
    @dutchlegofan50
    Ha!  Former Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson and his partners in crime did a segment (on the TV show The Grand Tour) reviewing the Lamborghini Urus... being who he is he continually compared the name Urus to various parts of the human anatomy.  The episode was titled "An Itchy Urus".  Now you know way more than you ever wanted to...

In regards to the new Hidden Side sets, I am hoping that that Octan Sign is printed.

Also, is this a new color for the motorcycle helmet and air tanks?  Possibly a new classic spaceman is possible now

Mr_CrossomniumcatwranglerBrickfan50
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 184
    @KungFuKenny isn’t the Octan sign BL part 14769pb243 from the Corner Garage?
    gmonkey76KungFuKenny
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 927
    Lucy's hood part has been redone in white for the sets where Jack isn't wearing the jacket. I love this piece! It needs to be released in every colour! :D

GothamConstructionCoCymbelineMr_CrossInfinitymanCM4SLyichirLittleLoriAanchir
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,111
    klinton said:
    Lucy's hood part has been redone in white for the sets where Jack isn't wearing the jacket. I love this piece! It needs to be released in every colour! :D 
    That could look great on Princess Leia.
    klinton560Heliportgmonkey76LyichirBaby_Yodaandhe
    klinton said:
    That could look great on Princess Leia.
    Anything would look great on Princess Leia. (Thoughts from my teenage sci-fi nerd days).

PJ76uk560Heliportpanchox1bandit778gmonkey76Baby_Yoda