Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

BrickHeadz Ending?

12346»

Comments

• CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 806
    ^I think highly unlikely it'll show back up for $10. I could be wrong, but based on a couple of the previous releases, it'll likely be a short lived one. Hopefully I'm wrong. 
    A ghost, short lived?!? Say it ain't so!

Maybe next year they'll have a zombie or Frankenstein's monster brickheadz, so when it sells out they can bring it back to life.
    KungFuKennyDoktorLLyichir
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 917
    I do think the ghost sold WAY above their expectations, as a seasonal BHz.  Almost all the other ones seems to have sold pretty slowly, but from what I could tell the ghost was in high demand, which is where I think the disconnect in the amount of supply came from.
  • buecarbuecar CaliforniaMember Posts: 10
    I went to Barnes & Noble to look for the Ghost and found the Witch. Was a gift for a friend and still $9.99 so I got it. Got home and realized it was 2018's model, heh. 
    SumoLego
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,998
    buecar said:
    I went to Barnes & Noble to look for the Ghost and found the Witch. Was a gift for a friend and still $9.99 so I got it. Got home and realized it was 2018's model, heh. 
    That is possibly the source of the problem. The witch did not seem to sell well close to Halloween last year and was discounted afterwards, so this year they didn't over-produce the ghost for Halloween. Then the customers decided this year they wanted the Halloween BH set and it sold out. There is no point in them making more now as they will be too late for Halloween and will remain unsold afterwards.
    Fizyx
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,304
    Keilup said:
    jnscoelho said:
    like it happened with the Witch.
    Yeah I also saw the witch and mr./mrs. santa show up in a Barnes and Noble in same mall as the Lego store that told me the ghost is retired.  Not sure if I believe that yet.
    B&N is famous for having retired sets long after retirement date.
    Switchfoot55BrickByBrick
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 788
    A majority of stores outside of LEGO usually get the prior year's impulse seasonal items in stock when the season is close. They aren't retired, either, as most of them are still on LEGO's website as well.
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 532
    For those that may be interested, #40274 Mr. and Mrs. Claus is available again at [email protected] What a surprise (not really).
    Switchfoot55
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,145
    CaptainRogers said:
    Maybe next year they'll have a zombie or Frankenstein's monster brickheadz, so when it sells out they can bring it back to life.
    I'd be interested in seeing some brick-built Brickheadz brains.
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    ^ So, just a pink 2x2 brick.
    sid3windrBumblepantspharmjodpxchriscatwrangler
    Baby_Yoda said:
    ^ So, just a pink 2x2 brick.
    I remember my son saying that is probably why they chose pink for inside the head when he built Go Brick Me.
    560HeliportFizyx
  • DoktorLDoktorL Member Posts: 104
    Don't all the Brickheadz have a pink 2x2 brick inside the head? At least the ghost has.  - Wait - do ghosts actually have a brain?
    FizyxKungFuKennyAanchirSwitchfoot55SumoLegocatwrangler
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 532
    DoktorL said:
    Don't all the Brickheadz have a pink 2x2 brick inside the head? At least the ghost has.  - Wait - do ghosts actually have a brain?
    The big majority does, but I have at least one (can't remember which one) that has it in a different colour. And the Homer Simpson BrickHeadz had a tiny surprise when it came to the brain piece.
    FizyxKungFuKennyDoktorLcatwrangler
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 917
    edited November 2019

jnscoelho said:
    DoktorL said:
    The big majority does, but I have at least one (can't remember which one) that has it in a different colour. And the Homer Simpson BrickHeadz had a tiny surprise when it came to the brain piece.
    #41594 - Captain Armando Salazar has a trans-green piece instead.  I figured this was because he was basically a zombie/ghost and his brains were both showing and rotten.

Also, the Homer Simpson BrickHeadz had some great Easter eggs for sure.
    LegogramKungFuKennyBumblepantsBrickByBrickAanchircatwrangler
    jnscoelho said:
    DoktorL said:
    I just looked the instructions up, nice feature!

The other thing that surprised me is the way it is built. The only BH we have that I've built was the Go Brick Me set, and there you build from the bottom upwards. I've build quite a few custom ones since then and have always built bottom to top. Whereas Homer is head first, then building the body downwards.
    DoktorLFizyx
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 732
    edited January 7
    Clearly Brickheadz haven’t died just yet. I was not originally a fan (or of Funko Pops) but the new Goofy and Donald Duck ones are adorable.
    shikadiKungFuKenny560Heliport
  • flightriskflightrisk USAMember Posts: 159
    I agree.  Goofy and Donald are great.