Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,506
    Great to see all the HS sets laid out. We've just built one tile of the Fairy Bricks mosaic, which is the HS logo this year.
    LostInTranslation
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 959
    @catwrangler
    Sorry to hear you have been ill... enjoy your weekend away from the hospital and best of luck in getting back to full health!
    catwranglerLego_StarMr_Cross
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 126
    Jax LEGO store grand opening was a success. Bought #75243, and received the LEGO Store #40145, plus an exclusive minifig. I also got one of their last Endor promo sets and the double VIP points.  I’m so excited that I have a store close to me

Pyrobugstluxsnowhitiebandit778KungFuKennygmonkey76Baby_YodaFowlerBricksLittleLori
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 977
    Basty said:
    this shop has massively overstocked on CMFs
    That's what my local TRU looks like with every licensed wave. I think that's why the "one per case" with Grindelwald didn't phase me, as there were likely at least thirty to be had at that location alone. They always have scads of the licensed ones, but only two or three cases of he regular series. It's weird.
    catwrangler
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,935
    Feel better @catwrangler!

Disney inspired dances on strictly got my fingers itching to build this cute little set, finished this morning.
    stluxbandit778Addicted2OxygenKungFuKennycatwrangler

bpk2300 said:
    Jax LEGO store grand opening was a success. Bought #75243, and received the LEGO Store #40145, plus an exclusive minifig. I also got one of their last Endor promo sets and the double VIP points. 
    Nice haul @bpk2300 !

I’m so excited that I have a store close to me

You are excited now-  wait and consult your bank account in about 6 months though 😀... I have stopped counting the number of times I have told myself “let’s just stop in and see what’s new on the PAB wall” only to find myself piling sets on the counter to earn an in store freebie...

bpk2300gmonkey76catwranglerFizyxPolyphemus
  • daryllginodaryllgino FloridaMember Posts: 9
    @bpk2300 i was there too, the line is like 10mins wait before you can get in and a line again at the checkout. 
    bpk2300stluxLittleLori
    @bpk2300 i was there too, the line is like 10mins wait before you can get in and a line again at the checkout. 
    @daryllgino
    Are you able to explain the exclusive minifig? It resembles what I believe to be a field hockey player? It has “2019 Jax Store” printed on the back, but other than that, it confuses me if it is supposed to have some sort of tie-in to Jax. Maybe others can weigh in.

SumoLego
  • daryllginodaryllgino FloridaMember Posts: 9
    @bpk2300 i wasnt really sure too. i cant think of any connection to jacksonville fl. now im curious what other minifigures looks like when other stores did the grand opening.
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,817
    edited October 2019
    Shuffleboard?

Or maybe someone is a throwback Lizard Kings fan?

Am I making old people and minor league hockey jokes?  I am.

Do I think it's actually a golf reference?  Yes.  Which makes me wonder why there is no LEGO golf club?  This appears to be a significant oversight.
    KungFuKennybpk2300daryllgino
    edited October 2019
    SumoLego said:
    Shuffleboard?

Or maybe someone is a throwback Lizard Kings fan?

Am I making old people and minor league hockey jokes?  I am.

Do I think it's actually a golf reference?  Yes.  Which makes me wonder why there is no LEGO golf club?  This appears to be a significant oversight.

Well, there is the one that came with Gone Golfin’ President Business...

I have about 5 of them if you need one! 🙂
    PyrobugSumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,817
    (Apparently, the LEGO Retail Store in Jacksonville needs a few!)
    KungFuKenny
    ^I thought maybe golf, too, since The Players Championship is hosted here. 
    SumoLegoKungFuKenny
  • KeilupKeilup Frisco, TXMember Posts: 162
    If you have an Apple device and want to resize photos easily before posting, here is a shortcut I put together to do just that. 

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/40de1a767bda480783d32f79789c70c7
    Sounds great, but I get "This shortcut cannot be opened because Shortcuts security settings don't allow untrusted shortcuts."  So far I didn't find a way to change that.  I'll dig some more later, but any tips where to update that setting?
    An evening Bricklink and eBay hunting to find the parts to complete a fun MOC. A lot of the parts I needed were available in #7591 but its got nothing to do with Zurg or Toy Story 2!
    KungFuKenny
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 781
    All registered for Bricks Cascade 2020!!
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 382
    @Keilup this appears to be a new thing in iOS 13. You need to download at least one shortcut from the gallery. Then go to settings app and to the shortcuts entry. In there the should now be a toggle to allow untrusted shortcuts. 

Hope this helps 
    @Addicted2Oxygen so strange.  Found instructions on internet to turn on the option in the Shortcuts Setting similar to your instructions, but option was not there.  I checked again and definitely not an option for me.  Only iCloud Synch, Synch Order and Legal Notice.  I tried deleting and reinstalling the app and that option is missing, so not sure what to do at this point.  Oh well.
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 382
    @Keilup that is annoying.
    for anyone else on iOS 13 this is what you should do: https://9to5mac.com/2019/08/14/allow-untrusted-shortcuts-ios-13/

whether it it actually works or not is another thing....
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 525
    edited October 2019
    @Keilup You have to create your own shortcut first—or install and run one of Apple's from the Gallery tab. Only _then_ will it allow you install third-party ones… which is frankly a bit ridiculous. 
    Addicted2Oxygen
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 496
    I'm waiting on parts for the dark blue smokestack for Casey Jr. Somehow, they never arrived in the 10 days, so LEGO reordered...
    edited October 2019
    @benbacardi So I had added shortcuts from the Apple Gallery, but turns out that wasn't enough.  I ran one and then lo and behold, the option showed up in settings.  Stupid design.

Yes there are multiple ways to do it like @snowhitie mentioned.  I've used an app called Image Resize in the past.  But now that I got this Shortcut to work, I have to say it's the slickest, fasted way to do it.  Highly recommend people with Apple devices give @benbacardi Shortcut a try to use on this forum (and elsewhere).  It's quite nice.
    benbacardisnowhitieJenniAddicted2Oxygen
    Ordered a pair of magnetic couplers for my latest train wagon MOC off eBay, arrived within a day of ordering and they'd sent four. Checked the packing slip and there were four on it, so they meant to send them, but only two on my eBay order. So now I need to plan another wagon to use them up as well!
    JenniAddicted2Oxygen
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 525
    Keilup said:
    @benbacardi So I had added shortcuts from the Apple Gallery, but turns out that wasn't enough.  I ran one and then lo and behold, the option showed up in settings.  Stupid design.

Yes there are multiple ways to do it like @snowhitie mentioned.  I've used an app called Image Resize in the past.  But now that I got this Shortcut to work, I have to say it's the slickest, fasted way to do it.  Highly recommend people with Apple devices give @benbacardi Shortcut a try to use on this forum (and elsewhere).  It's quite nice.
    Sorry, I forgot to mention you actually have to run one first! Glad it's working you now. 

I can't take the credit here though—while I do have my own shortcut to do the same thing, it was actually @Addicted2Oxygen who went the extra mile of sharing his on here 😉 
    Addicted2Oxygen
  • panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 333
    I'm currently mentally planning my first Winter Village display for home this upcoming Christmas.
    KungFuKennybpk2300mustang69Switchfoot55Speedman29

I can't take the credit here though—while I do have my own shortcut to do the same thing, it was actually @Addicted2Oxygen who went the extra mile of sharing his on here 😉 
    Yes, that is true.  I missed calling out @Addicted2Oxygen for the Shortcut. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Addicted2Oxygen
  • eanaireanair IrelandMember Posts: 150
    I know that there's nothing more boring that hearing about someone else's dream but....

I've had the second dream in as many weeks about finding LEGO in a charity shop and the staff refusing to sell it to me!  Last night it was the entire Paradisa range - and they just wouldn't tell me the price so that I could buy it!!

In other real life news.  My nephew is on hols in Orlando and I've tasked him with buying me the popcorn cart poly in Downtown Disney.  Fingers crossed he can get it there or that will kind of be my (bad) dream come true!
    BumblepantsFizyxsnowhitieKungFuKennyAddicted2OxygencatwranglerMr_Cross
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    Ah! Billund! :o) Wish I was there. Have an all day, prior engagement Saturday that clashed with tomorrow's excitement @stlux.  Would love to have chatted with some more of the designers that were responsible for bringing me back into LEGO all those years ago.

Have fun! :o)
    sid3windr
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 496
    edited October 2019
    Waiting for parts. Has anybody ever had a B&B order show up outside the 7-8-10 day window? Or is it just presumed lost?
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,797
    @Modeltrainman, I had two orders last winter that took quite a long time to arrive (one was around 21 days, the other close to 18). You can try to contact CS to see if they can see anything on their end. In my experience, they offered some VIP points and also offered to reship one of the orders.

Just remember, if you're in the US, they can take a bit longer as they're not shipped domestically.
    Fizyx

@Switchfoot55, thanks! I wasn't sure. They offered to reship it, so hopefully the first one comes anyway, because there are parts that are now out of stock. 
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 826
    Yeah, my B&P shipping times have varied wildly, but tended to be on the MUCH longer side.  Like a month or more after ordering.  I haven't ordered in awhile, but the last few I placed were faster... but still not near as fast as normal sets I ordered.
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 233
    Picked up 4 Lego sets today. New Falcon, New Kylos Shuttle, New AT-ST and Death Star Cannon. It's amazing now having a LEGO warehouse in Australia. All the latest sets on or very near to release date. I'm still getting used to it.

Someone knocked out the tile/book piece from my Statue Of Liberty magnets hand and it's now lost so I'm going to the US in March to get a new one. Well not just for a Lego magnet. Dad also lost the subway train off one of the pens I got him so that's two good reasons to take an overseas trip.
    KungFuKennyBaby_YodaAddicted2Oxygen
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,307
    AFOL evening in the Lego House with Steen Sig Andersen, Olav Krøigaard and Niels Milan Pedersen:

KungFuKennyLego_StarFizyxsnowhitieMr_Hobblesbandit778omniumFowlerBricksdavetheoxygenman
  • panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 333
    I'm waiting for a [email protected] order that my local post office seems to have lost. Not sure what to do about it as my local PO is terrible.
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 194
    I just received an "October VIP Statement" email welcoming me to LEGO VIP and lo and behold I can now access my VIP account in Safari. O happy day!
    KungFuKennystluxFizyxLittleLoriAddicted2Oxygen
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,449
    Needed a bit of retail therapy in New York 

snowhitieKungFuKennycatwranglerLego_StarYo_dALittleLoriAddicted2Oxygendavetheoxygenman
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 291
    stlux said:
    AFOL evening in the Lego House with Steen Sig Andersen, Olav Krøigaard and Niels Milan Pedersen
    Very very jealous of this. I was in Billund last month for the Inside Tour and loved every minute of my time in Billund, but I wish I could have met Steen Sig Andersen. I met Niels who's lovely though.

The Lego House is fantastic too. And agreed, the Arctic Expedition robot experience thingy is fantastic. Great coupling of Lego and technology!
    stluxKungFuKenny
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,909
    You didn't meet Steen on the last day of the tour when the set was presented? I was on the first tour this year, and Steen was there because he designed the set. He did a quick presentation about sets he designed including the tour set. Then he stuck around for autographs and photos. I was able to get my tour set and my Tree of Creativity set autographed by him.

stluxMr_HobblesKungFuKennyLego_StarLittleLoriAddicted2Oxygensnowhitiedavetheoxygenmansid3windr