Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Stranger Things General Discussion

124»

Comments

• mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 148
    No spoilers on here, Lords & Ladies.  Lol!
    SumoLego
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 803
    starfire2 said:
    Maybe what REALLY happened to Hopper?!?
    David Harbour seems to know: https://www.slashfilm.com/stranger-things-3-post-credit-scene/
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,187
    Here's hoping they do a brick-built Mindflayer follow-up set with Max, (Am) Erica, Steve and Robin.
    SirBrickalotOfLegodannyrwwrwsalesJMaster
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 731
    Almost done with the last episode.  Got to be midnight and we just didn't have it in us to finish the season last night.  Tonight!
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,338
    jmeninno said:
    Almost done with the last episode.  Got to be midnight and we just didn't have it in us to finish the season last night.  Tonight!
    Ha Ha...same here, but I stayed up to finish it anyways and now I'm paying for. so tired. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    SumoLego said:
    Here's hoping they do a brick-built Mindflayer follow-up set with Max, (Am) Erica, Steve and Robin.
    They should not have given us the one set (and mini build) now I want more. A scoops Ahoy set would be nice :D 

• daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 348
    It's a travesty that Steve and Nancy are not Minifigs!
    TXLegoguymattytreksdannyrwwgmonkey76SumoLego
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,302
    daewoo said:
    Or Billy! 
    starfire2 said:
    daewoo said:
    Or Billy! 
    Or Jonathan, or Max, or Robin .....but I would be content with a Steve.
    JMaster
    dannyrww said:
    starfire2 said:
    daewoo said:
    Or Billy! 
    Or Jonathan, or Max, or Robin .....but I would be content with a Steve.
    With BIG hair! Haha
    dannyrww
    dannyrww said:
    jmeninno said:
    Ha Ha...same here, but I stayed up to finish it anyways and now I'm paying for. so tired. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    I slept at 4am the day of release just so I could watch it all
    daewoo said:
    It's a travesty what they did to the Hopper minifig!
    dannyrww said:
    SumoLego said:
    They should not have given us the one set (and mini build) now I want more. A scoops Ahoy set would be nice :D 

I'd like a set featuring Hopper's cabin from season 2, and perhaps one of Brenner's lab from season 1. Then there's the Starcourt Mall from season 3, which has a large potential. There are quite a number of locations they could go with. 
    mattytreks
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,476
    Speed Champions Style Billy's Camaro for me
    Jern92 said:
    dannyrww said:
    SumoLego said:

I'd like a set featuring Hopper's cabin from season 2, and perhaps one of Brenner's lab from season 1. Then there's the Starcourt Mall from season 3, which has a large potential. There are quite a number of locations they could go with. 
    I don’t know why I’m so worried after exchanging messages with The Upside Down set creator on Twitter a month ago, but his veiled comments suggested that there may never be another Stranger Things set again; that this could effectively be a “one & done” collaboration.

Then again he also did not rule out new sets being produced.  Really hope this is the case.  It’s just too fun of a property to not make more!
    SumoLegoJern92LyichirJMaster
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,178
    Lego SDCC and Strangers Things collide.
    vwong19 said:
    Lego SDCC and Strangers Things collide.
    This makes me absolutely think there are more ST sets coming.  I feel like LEGO would not do something so soon like this, with this particular property, and alienate so many fans that want a Barb minifigure – in other words, Barb will be in a future set.

Yes, that was my bold prediction of the day.
    JMaster
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,302
    Ok. Now I don’t like con exclusives. I was fine with the others but hhhhhh I kinda want Barb! 
    gmonkey76
    On one hand, I would love for there to be more sets, but at the same time, my bank account will hate me for it. Damn, really wish I could get my hands on Barb though. She was such an iconic part of Season 1. Maybe they will do the SDCC lottery online for international fans?
    JMaster
    It’s insane how much people are listing Barb for on Ebay ($349+). I wonder if you can make her from scratch.
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 298
    Maybe they can give us a stranger things bricktober pack. Slightly different Barb, Nancy, Steve, and Billy. 
    gmonkey76
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 748
    hoodaddy said:
    Maybe they can give us a stranger things bricktober pack. Slightly different Barb, Nancy, Steve, and Billy. 
    I'm curious whether there will even be a Bricktober event... that used to be mainly a Toys R Us thing, and while they did it last year after Toys R Us folded, the distribution was a little less reliable.
    JMaster
    Ugh.  Not Daredevil, but still aggravating.
    gmonkey76mattytreksCM4SjohnhenzJMaster
    hoodaddy said:
    Jonathan seems more likely than Billy since all their sets are based on season 1 so far
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 522
    Seems to be a Stranger Things poster being given away when you buy the set from Lego at the moment.
    Seems to be a Stranger Things poster being given away when you buy the set from Lego at the moment.
    Link please?  I'm not seeing a poster giveaway on the LEGO site, or on the product landing page.

Thank you.
    vwong19 said:
    I already have the set and don’t need another – would I be able to order the set, keep the poster and then return the set back to our local brick & mortar store?
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 832
    @mattytreks I'm sure you could do that but you should try calling CS about it.  Loyal customers who purchase the set early shouldn't be penalized.  The CS might also be happy to get a call about something besides the new VIP reward system.
    560Heliport
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,178
    Wouldn't be surprised if they hand those posters out during the Con floor....
    mattytreks
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 522
    @mattytreks I don’t know how to post a link but I had to follow the link on my email and then it just sent me to the product page for the Stranger Things set. There was no mention of the poster I could see there. I’d already brought the set awhile ago so spoke to Lego CS to see if they’d send me a poster which they did 😁
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 420
    There's no mention of the poster on the site - it only shows up if you enter the promo code "will" at the basket page. 
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 402
    Any chance anyone has any extra Castle Byers stickers he/she would be willing to part with?
    starfire2 said:
    Maybe what REALLY happened to Hopper?!?
    The bird ate him.

And everyone rejoiced, the colony was saved.
    Wicksy80dannyrwwgmonkey76LyichirMynattAanchirpxchrisJMaster
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 731
    ^Ha.
    SumoLegogmonkey76
    I'm seeing custom SDCC Barbs popping up on eBay. Anyone bought these before? Just wondering what the print quality would be like, and if the parts used will be genuine Lego.
    Jern92 said:
    I'm seeing custom SDCC Barbs popping up on eBay. Anyone bought these before? Just wondering what the print quality would be like, and if the parts used will be genuine Lego.
    Minifigs.me has customs using real Lego bricks. I ordered a Bill and Ted from them I really like. High quality prints.. They also make other Stranger Things characters. Their Barb is pretty decent. Minifigures.com has some of my favorite customs as far as print quality goes, but I don't know if they make a Barb.
    Has anyone out there received an undamaged Stranger Things promo poster from LEGO?

The first one I received was dented and beat to heck, called LEGO, they sent out a replacement, it too was in terrible shape, then did the same thing a second time with the same results – 0 for 3.

It’s clearly not a shipping issue, but rather a warehouse issue.  Shame too, because it’s a great poster...

• benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 420
    Different country, but my poster was immaculate!
    mattytreks
    Different country, but my poster was immaculate!
    Consider yourself a fortunate soul.

I went ahead and called LEGO today.  I’ve gotta give it to them...they’re more than happy to send out a fourth copy and take ownership of the warehouse issues here in the US.

Let’s hope the fourth time is a charm.
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 805
    I think you have terrible luck, because the one I got a few months ago was in the best shape of any poster I think I've ever gotten in the mail, and I'm in the US.  Of course, I was pretty shocked it came through in that pristine condition, so maybe I just had amazing luck...
    Well isn’t this nifty!

TXLegoguyPyrobugBaby_Yoda
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 601
    @mattytreks I saw that the other night but ultimately decided to pass and just got a $20 off voucher... it does look cool though and I could see it fitting into your display case nicely!
    @mattytreks I could see it fitting into your display case nicely!
    A few weeks ago I would have completely agreed with you!  However, I have made the difficult decision to move the "Stranger Things shrine" out of the display case soon to dedicate that entire shelf to Voltron and Dairugger o_O

I actually did something similar with the lower shelf...I'm booting Marvel and miscellaneous sections to give LEGO Star Wars/Star Wars it's own dedicated shelf!

My wife is going to have to tolerate the amazing Upside Down being on our office desk.  This actually excites me because I'm going to have the opportunity to interact with it lot more than if it were in the display :)
    LittleLoriFizyx
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,349
    mattytreks said: This actually excites me because I'm going to have the opportunity to interact with it lot more than if it were in the display :)
    i.e. dust it!
    KungFuKennymattytreksdmcc0klintonCymbelinecatwranglerbandit778