Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Will vignette Seasonal sets make a comeback?

2»

Comments

• 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,915
    ^ a TRU in Canada? ;)
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,315
    edited September 2019
    SumoLego said:
    CCC said:
    ...(always on shelves, always reduced in price, etc)...
    Agreed.

There's still a CHIMA Mammoth Stronghold #70226 sitting on the shelf at Toys 'R' Us.  Clearance price $62.99.
    They had to leave that one TRU open to try and get rid of that CHIMA set ;-)
    Switchfoot55560HeliportFizyxBumblepantsbpk2300Baby_YodaSumoLegoM1J0E
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 355
    SumoLego said:
    CCC said:
    ...(always on shelves, always reduced in price, etc)...
    Agreed.

There's still a CHIMA Mammoth Stronghold #70226 sitting on the shelf at Toys 'R' Us.  Clearance price $62.99.

Hey, I still need that... wait, wasn't TRU bankrupt and closed down in the States?
    SumoLego
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,915
    Yeah... :( I miss going to a TRU and looking at sets that were retired everywhere else, but still at TRU. Especially when they were priced at, say, $10 above RRP, then "clearance" priced at $.01 less than RRP...
    DoktorL
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 155
    My wish has been granted! A Halloween vignette is coming this year. Not a Brickheadz. #40423. I like it. I'm overly excited right now. 

Hopefully this means there will be Thanksgiving and Christmas vignette sets this year, as well. 
    Bumblepantspanchox1
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,150
    Very happy.  I dislike Brickheadz, and even though the Lucky Cat is totally awesome, bring me back some vignettes!
    gmonkey76RonyarLuLegoBumblepantsbpk2300
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,976
    Hasn't the last few years had an every-other cycle to them with vignettes and then character builds? So, no vignettes last year for holidays, but two years ago there were. None the year before that, but then some the year before that one? Maybe my years/sets are a bit mixed up, but the Halloween set seems right on track with what the pattern has been before. BHz never replaced these, but added to purchase options. 
    Cymbelinegmonkey76
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 272
    edited July 2
    For reference, the sequencing was

Pre-2013: chunky characters somewhat haphazardly scheduled

Starting in 2013, a regular 6-set / 5-holiday cadence emerged (Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Xmas & "Winter")

2013: a mish-mash of vignettes, a heart and a pumpkin, but an increase in volume;
    2014: characters;
    2015: vignettes;
    2016: characters;
    2017: vignettes;
    2018: Brickheadz;
    2019: Brickheadz;
    2020: First 3 sets (VD, Easter & CNY) were Brickheadz.

Switching gears mid-year is unusual and it will be nearly 3 years since the prior vignettes.  2019 "should have been" vignettes and there was a lot of moaning about "more" BHZ.  Then this year started with still more BHZ and the thought was R.I.P. vignettes.  

But here we are!  I'm excited for (at least 1) more vignette(s)!!!
    bpk2300KungFuKennySwitchfoot55gmonkey76sid3windr560Heliport
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,806
    It may also be LEGO is more selective in their vignette sets with figures. Maybe they found that the ones that likely sell the best are toward the latter part of the year or that they can be more creative with (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas).
    gmonkey76
    @thedingman5, thank you for the breakdown. I guess in my mind, sets like #40263 were 2018, not 2017. Yeesh time moves fast. 

Well, I'm happy to be wrong in this case as I love the vignettes!
    bpk2300thedingman5560Heliport
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 155
    edited August 27
    YES! Another seasonal vignette is on the way! #40424 
    I figured it would happen, but it still warms my heart :) I'll be in the Disney Springs flagship LEGO store in a couple of weeks, I'm hoping I can pick up both of these awesome sets. 

560Heliportpanchox1
    edited August 27
    Is this posted somewhere?

Just found the picture. Meh... It's nice to have them back, but can't say I find this one very appealing. 
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,129
    My favorite holiday is Halloween so I am always quite appreciate whenever LEGO decides to do one of these. I think they oscillate really between this and other seasonal items IE BrickHeadz. Either way I don’t complain either I get something I want or I save the money (which we all know is a top priority!)
    mustang69