Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

BONUSBALL! Remember these?! Scar Story Edition

2»

Comments

• vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 256
    CCC said:
    vizzitor said:

The fight that gave me a scar on my chest was with my cousin over who got to look after a younger cousin. She scratched me with her nails and got her way.

Out of interest, did you have to look after the cousin as you lost or were you actually fighting for the right to look after the cousin?
    It was ironically a fight about who was the more grown up and responsible 10 year old. The big prize at the end was basically sitting with a 2 year old and watching Barney. So no one was a winner that day, looking back on it now.
    560HeliportCymbelinestluxSumoLegoLego_Star
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 501
    Well, I don't remember my first, but one that stays with me happened at high school, when one of the other kids was trying to steal a craft knife from me. He was pulling it, I was pulling it... he let go... blade went into the edge of my palm, just below where the thumb begins. I juddered and yelped, he froze and suddenly looked very nervous. 
    Bumblepants
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,157
    Still 10 or so spots left to fill before the draw tonight.
    Lego_Star
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 495
    Still 10 or so spots left to fill before the draw tonight.
    If you don't fill them and a high number is drawn... have a rollover!
    KungFuKenny
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 287
    My cousin asked me if I'd ever seen a match burn twice.  Lit the match. Blew it out. Once.  Immediately pressed it against the top of my hand.  Twice.  30 years on I still see the scar every time I look at the top of my hand.  We were both young and dumb.  Now if anybody asks me if I've ever seen ANYTHING I just say yes...

Thanks for hosting!
    im2cre8ivLego_Star
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 953

I have an extensive array of scars, mostly from my childhood due to:

• Living on a farm with lots of fun things to damage yourself with
    • Having two significantly older brothers who did lots of stuff with me
    • And, having absolutely no sense of self preservation!

Most memorable one involved jumping down from the top of a barn onto some (soft) wool sacks.... only slight issue was that I caught an old nail on the way down and it ripped a 4" cut in my wrist.  My dad refused to take me to hospital (as I'd been there so frequently!) and so I just taped it up... oh and I managed to fall through a roof, and also closed a large glass greenhouse ventilation window whilst I was above the line of the frame - resulting in it shattering on my head!!

Most recently I managed to snap my Femur in two; I was awake during the operation to re-build it with some rather impressive metal-work.  The NHS were amazing, and that resulted in quite a nice scar as well!

BumblepantsFizyxvizzitorLego_Starcatwrangler
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    edited August 2019
    No scar story? Go on, it doesn't have to be a long one! ;o)

@BOBJACK_JACKBOB @khmellymel @rawbob @Legoboy @Pitfall69 @Th1nDiesel @Wicksy80 @legomatt @Sonatine01 @Basty ?????

There are others I notice haven't entered @stlux @GothamConstructionCo @norm103 @msanders @Jern92 @sweetness34 @560Heliport @SeijiAmasawa @Diggydoes @Switchfoot55? just to mention a few more.

You still have a little over half an hour to get an entry in!

(Right, I have lots of safe chopping of salsa ingredients to be getting on with. Very careful use of knives, grater and ring pull opening can coming up!)
    Mr_CrossLittleLorigmonkey76GothamConstructionCosonatine01SeijiAmasawaJern92
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 366
    I’ve just seen that I was 38 on the list and that was the bonus ball last week. What are the odds it will be the same bonus ball this week for the draw (or next week if the list still isn’t full)? 1/59
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 576
    ^ Oh, go on then.

My stupidest scar comes from trying to undo a plastic pipe clip from around a central heating pipe - with a chisel. Holding the pipe with my left hand and jimmying the bracket with the chisel in my right. Cue a trip to the hospital to have the flappy bit of skin next to my thumb glued back down!
    Lego_Star
    Well, drum roll, they drew it early at 8pm. (Show began at 7:45pm.)

The bonus ball drawn was number 15. Over to you @bumblepants to announce your winner!

Congrats to the winner and just wanted to say again, big thanks to @bumblepants for hosting.

:o)
    Mr_CrosssnowhitieBumblepantsstluxM1J0Egmonkey76vizzitorSeijiAmasawa
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 306
    *second posting* I don’t think we hit 59 unique entries so possibly a 2nd rollover, but if not then “bugger, so close!” 
    I’ve just seen that I was 38 on the list and that was the bonus ball last week. What are the odds it will be the same bonus ball this week for the draw (or next week if the list still isn’t full)? 1/59
    There were some double posts ahead of you + yours came in after the draw had already happened so no one was at 38 when it was picked.
    historymanLego_Starvizzitor
    @Lego_Star you mean you aren't going to do it for me?!
    Lego_Star
    It would be @Gibbo1959 according to your chart which looks correct to me.
    edited August 2019
    Ummm, I make it brainslugged as no.15. @Bumblepants, :D

I might have done it for you if I wasn't having a wee reaction to what I was chopping and ended up with streaming eyes and feeling a bit odd, like I was having an allergic reaction. Thankfully hands washed and eyes splashed with cold water later, I'm ok! :o)
    BumblepantsMr_Crossvizzitor
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 635
    Thanks to @Bumblepants for hosting some fun!
    Lego_StarMr_CrossBumblepantsvizzitor
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 366
    Thanks for hosting @Bumblepants it’s been a while since one of these bonus ball draws was organised. 
    Lego_StarBumblepantsvizzitor
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,441
    Thanks for hosting!
    Lego_StarMr_CrossBumblepantsvizzitor
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 844
    Always the bridesmaid, never the bride... ah well maybe I’ll have better luck next time!  Congratulations @Brainslugged and thanks again to @Bumblepants for hosting!
    LittleLoriLego_StarBumblepantsvizzitor
    Lego_Star said:
    Ummm, I make it brainslugged as no.15. @Bumblepants, :D

I might have done it for you if I wasn't having a wee reaction to what I was chopping and ended up with streaming eyes and feeling a bit odd, like I was having an allergic reaction. Thankfully hands washed and eyes splashed with cold water later, I'm ok! :o)
    Ah I didn't see the difference between pink and red. I thought the weird hand cartoon where 16 would've been was indicating that number.
    Lego_StarKungFuKennyvizzitor
    Congratulations @brainslugged!
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 580
    Thanks for the tag @Lego_Star I had completely forgot about this thread and unfortunately had a huge epileptic fit so only just got out of bed just now and I’ve loads of scars too ! 

So so how do I go about hosting one of these ? I’ve a couple of basic polys to give if that’s any good ?
    BumblepantsLego_StarstluxSpeedman29vizzitorMr_CrossToc13
    Oh dear, hope you are alright @sonatine01.

Good on you for offering to host.

I'll need to figure out when I can host one too. Hopefully sometime soon. Was thinking I could make the prize for mine a cmf from series 19 of the winner's choice. Need to think of a question for people to answer too. 🤔
    sonatine01Mr_Cross
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,450
    edited September 2019
    So so how do I go about hosting one of these ? I’ve a couple of basic polys to give if that’s any good ?
    Thanks for offering, @snowhitie was organising hosts for a while, but the offers of hosts dried up a while back. Any poly or CMF is fine I'd say, whatever you have to give away.
    Its easy, Either late  Thursday or on Friday morning, think of a question thats a bit of fun or thought provoking, start a thread with it and put Bonusball in the title somewhere. I've hosted a couple and stick this at the bottom of the first post....
    "The rules, write your answer below and the first 59 entrants will get a number, please try to avoid double posting until we get 59 entries. This is open worldwide.  And the bonus ball from the UK lottery on Saturday night (put date here) will decide the winner."
    ....and wait until the posts flood in, then make a list of the first 59 unique user names and when the ball is drawn you have a winner. Then its a bit of PMing to sort shipping it out.

LittleLorisonatine01Mr_CrossKungFuKennysnowhitievizzitorSumoLego
    @Brainslugged pm me with your address and Lego interests/haves/wants and I will try to find something I have most likely to please you. 
    Lego_Starsonatine01Mr_CrossKungFuKennyvizzitorBrainslugged
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 580
    @Lego_Star thanks I’m ok now just a bit slow in the head but that’s not unusual 😁

Thanks @Speedman29 that’s perfect info for a noob like me 👍🏻 and thanks @Bumblepants for resurrecting this thread as it’s good fun when you remember to check it.
    BumblepantsLego_StarMr_CrosssnowhitieKungFuKennyCymbelineFizyxvizzitor
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 536
    @Lego_Star I am a bit embarrassed to admit this but I am so squeemish that I have avoided reading or commenting on this thread! I have a couple of small scars and honestly, talking about it makes me feel faint and nauseous! Maybe I'll take part next time if the subject isn't so traumatic!
    Lego_StarBumblepantsvizzitorGibbo1959
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 624
    aye don't read my one then :)
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBLego_Star
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 536
    edited September 2019
    When my wife was a student nurse, she had to practise taking blood pressure, y'know the little inflatable arm thing? She tried it on me and I nearly passed out! I cover my eyes if there's ever any blood on TV. She tells me when it's safe to look. Curiosly it's only real blood that bothers me. I can't watch '24 hours in A&E' for example but I quite enjoy the 'Saw' franchise of horror films.

Edit - I actually felt a little light headed after writing this!
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,385
    it seems the toughest to me is having someone describe in great details something really gore, even without seeing it. it can make me feel sick. like I remember a video about someone being trapped in dish washer, and they described all that his body would undergo.
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 669
    Thanks again for hosting @Bumblepants!
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 941
    Lego_Star said:
    No scar story? Go on, it doesn't have to be a long one! ;o)

@BOBJACK_JACKBOB @khmellymel @rawbob @Legoboy @Pitfall69 @Th1nDiesel @Wicksy80 @legomatt @Sonatine01 @Basty ?????

There are others I notice haven't entered @stlux @GothamConstructionCo @norm103 @msanders @Jern92 @sweetness34 @560Heliport @SeijiAmasawa @Diggydoes @Switchfoot55? just to mention a few more.

You still have a little over half an hour to get an entry in!

(Right, I have lots of safe chopping of salsa ingredients to be getting on with. Very careful use of knives, grater and ring pull opening can coming up!)
    Yeah, sorry I missed this one! I actually read the thread, went off to do something else and then forgot about it!

I have never broken a bone (touch wood) but have many scars. From falling from someones shoulders at aged 5, smashing my head at the swimming pool (after swinging from the curtain rails!) to a massive scar on my leg due to bodged surgery. This one will stay with me forever and I have health issues because of it - worst still it was just to remove a simple lipoma, which the surgeon was bemoaning that the local doctor could have done. Well he didn`t sew my leg back together properly and it split open! It eventually healed from the inside to the outside slowly, leaving a massive scar. Now the vacuole left by the surgery has a blood supply which now has filled up with blood. Sporadically it gets injured and blood fills up and stretches my skin and hurts! 

Anyways, I went on a bit of a rant and no so funny in terms of haha, but funny in the sense the surgeon had to state to me at the time that my leg will never look the same again because there will be a small scar (apparently, it was protocol to state this because people sometimes expect no lasting evidence of surgery!). He definitely wasn`t wrong that it would never look the same.
    BumblepantsLego_Star
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,106
    @Brainslugged pm me with your address and Lego interests/haves/wants and I will try to find something I have most likely to please you. 
    That's awesome! Only just noticed this. Will send you a PM. Big fan of Star Wars so seeing as the new Star Destoyer will be announced tomorrow, we could just make it simple for both of us by you shooting one of those over to me :)
    BumblepantsLego_Stargmonkey76
    That's awesome! Only just noticed this. Will send you a PM. Big fan of Star Wars so seeing as the new Star Destoyer will be announced tomorrow, we could just make it simple for both of us by you shooting one of those over to me :)
    Well according to the latest #legoleaks on Instagram you can look forward to this:

Lego_Starstlux
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,743
    Well, I'm probably too late to the game, but since @msanders called me out, I'll add my story! :)

When I was 8, my oldest sister was laying on the couch watching TV. I thought it would be funny to run an jump on her just because. So, I ran, I jumped, she yelled, punched me, and then pushed me off the couch. There just so happened to be a drinking glass on the floor next to the couch. Somehow, my wrist hit the glass just right, shattering it and cutting deep into my wrist. 

My parents had me in the car and on the way to the hospital in probably 13 seconds. We found out later that the glass cut my tendon and nerves to my ring and pinky fingers on my left hand. 30 external stitches later (plus several more internal) and the scar was complete. 

My sister only admitted to pushing me off the couch about 20 years later. She always asserted that I just fell. Sure...
    BumblepantsFizyx