What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,226
    edited July 27
    ^ Exactly. It's heavily upscaled, kind of in the vein of the big #75230 Porg, except Bastion in-game is still taller than a regular human. The Omnic Bastion is about as close as you can get without deviating too much from Bastion's actual appearance.
    SumoLegoFowlerBricks
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,625
    @Baby_Yoda Nah, you can make him smaller. I've seen some MOCs that put him exactly in scale.
    Baby_Yoda
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 435
    Enjoying Granny's Apple Fries with soft scoop ice-cream...

M1J0ELego_StarPyrobugLegopantsAanchirMr_Cross
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,125
    ^ Legoland California or Legoland Florida? @PJ76uk
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 242
    Damn Lego site is broken. I cant add anything to my cart
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,826
    Anyone heard if there are any promos starting August 1? Hoping that Hidden Side kiosk is a GWP tomorrow.
    klinton
  • PyrobugPyrobug Louisville, KyMember Posts: 112
    There's the baby velociraptor playpen free with purchases of $35 and a reversibe tote bag with a $200 spend. Pretty underwhelming. Still no news that I've seen of the juice bar.
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 553
    Anyone heard if there are any promos starting August 1? Hoping that Hidden Side kiosk is a GWP tomorrow.
    Right? I was full stoked to pick the HS sets up tomorrow when I went for the last three TLM2 sets. Knowing the promo is coming, I may have to reign in my excitement and wait a bit to pick up the HS sides when they launch it. :p
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,826
    Pyrobug said:
    There's the baby velociraptor playpen free with purchases of $35 and a reversibe tote bag with a $200 spend. Pretty underwhelming. Still no news that I've seen of the juice bar.
    Lame.
    PyrobugFizyxMr_Crossgmonkey76Lego_Star
  • eanaireanair IrelandMember Posts: 145
    Typos in the new Argos catalogue got my hopes up for bagging a bargain. 
    (I work in marketing myself, and have worked on product catalogues myself, so I feel sorry for whoever let this go to print)

Although they can always blame brexit!

SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,913
    I often wonder if Brexit is going to end up like Y2K.

(For those that remember building their fallout shelter for the end of the world.)
    gmonkey76KingAlanIKungFuKenny
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 779
    SumoLego said:
    I often wonder if Brexit is going to end up like Y2K.

(For those that remember building their fallout shelter for the end of the world.)
    The two are not dissimilar in that both had a need for an enormous amount of effort and work behind the scenes to even have a hope of going smoothly.  Of course, they ARE dissimilar in that in one case, that work was done, and in the other... well, not so much.
    SumoLegoAanchirsnowhitieKingAlanIbrickventures
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 145
    My Lego order was fine, until Toll got their hands on it.
    Until this point with my Lego orders Toll had been doing the job they were supposed to do and that is deliver parcels. A friend who has to deal with toll for work said if you get a package from them it's like winning the lottery.
    Toll got my order on Monday for a Tuesday delivery. It was on board for delivery, then at 5ish it was sent back to the depot because the driver was too lazy to deliver it.
    Wednesday it just sat in the depot doing nothing.
    Today I called them and they said they would investigate. An hour later it was put in a van to be delivered and I even got a phone call saying it would be delivered today.
    At 5ish tonight it was back in the depot.
    The laziness and the incompetence. You put it in the van and don't deliver it twice and you even forget about it one day.
    This is a set that I have waited months to get back in stock and then they do get it back in stock it's given to some nitwit with who shows as much enthusiasm for delivering parcels as a Catholic nun in a strip club.
    I called them again tonight and got a call centre again and he said he would put a message in for it to be delivered tomorrow.
    I'm going to call Legos head office here regardless of if it comes tomorrow or not.
    This is disgraceful. If I ordered a Lepin set from China it would be here by now. I don't know why Toll find it so difficult to deliver a box 10 or so suburbs from their depot.

The positive of today was I saw the new Speed Champions Porche in a store I go to. I'm in too much of a bad mood with Lego to build it right now.
    Baby_Yoda
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    Super excited to see we are getting a Lego store in Southampton as a Xmas present!
    KungFuKenny
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    @Charmiefcb, curious to know what set you were waiting on, I was waiting on several, but I suspect most of what I'm still waiting on, if not all will go retired before [email protected] gets restocked. I was shocked when the Oni Titan actually came back in stock, I was expecting this would be another casualty of the "we had stock for five minutes after it was officially release, but it's retired now" thing TLG seems to be doing to Australia these days (what really fraks me off is that most of the sets are still available in the US, Canada, the EU, the UK, etc, they just seem to want to retire them early for us).
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 145
    It is the Disney Castle plus a Star Wars Microfighter set. A Wing and TIE Striker.
    Another day of fun and games with call centres and waiting for a package that probably won't turn up because doing their job seems to be just a bit too much for them.
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 801
    I haven't bought Lego for so long that my mum actually remarked that I must be saving lots of money. Which isn't necessarily true because my funds are diverted elsewhere at the moment, but I had better start saving for some of the sets I want before I accidentally find myself in a dark age again.
    FizyxAddicted2Oxygenbrickventures
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 423
    Decided to go to Lego store @ Cologne tomorrow. Will probably get the Treehouse and some PaB; stock needs replenishing after a year of MOCcing!
    BumblepantsPyrobugBastyFizyx
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 218
    eMJeeNL said:
    Decided to go to Lego store @ Cologne tomorrow. Will probably get the Treehouse and some PaB; stock needs replenishing after a year of MOCcing!
    Let me know what the PaB wall is like. Im going to Köln in a few weeks and will be popping into the Lego store.
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 553
    really like the new TLM2 tandem ship! It was a fun build, with interesting snot off of snot constructions to attain the unique styling. I love the colour scheme on it! It's a bit more dynamic than even the Party Bus, imho. The overall design makes Mayhem's ship look bland in comparison. And it comes with Emmett's light brown 'Rex hair', which is adorable AF on him. :D

stluxFizyxtallblocktooAanchir
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 265
    Made HUGE progress on a train I've wanted to build for a LONG time!
    Lego_StarFizyx
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,295
    Went to our local Green Fair and spied these on the toy stall.
    What's the going rate for a sealed 10yr old Bionicle set?!
    FowlerBricks
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,942
    Happy as a pig in the provorbial.
    Normal life things all done and dusted (for now) and I can now spend a bit of time getting back to the Lego stuff that had been put on hold for the last six months.
    First up is organising the loose parts collection, which has got way too large to store by just colour anymore, so collating baggie's of bits and re-sorting into part type using Rebrickable's parts categories. Have some tunes on in the backround, a large cup off coffee and this lot to plough through.

Doing the colours first as there are less actual parts to work through. 
    Then it will be the bigger job of a 32l storage box for each of Black, White and DSG/DBG parts, then the really big job of 3 x 32l storage boxes of MSG/LBG parts (comes with the territory of building stuff from Star Wars). 

stluxBumblepantstallblocktooCymbelineFizyxomniumsnowhitie
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,531
    Currently quite conflicted. On one hand I’m very pleased that me and my youngest were able to take part in Olafur Eliasson’s “City of the Future” Lego project (https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2019/jul/09/olafur-eliasson-returns-tate-modern-tonne-white-lego) - such a wonderful immersive experience.
    But while we were doing that, an awful thing was happening on the top floor (I’m sure you’re seen the headlines about the six year old) - very sobering, could’ve easily been my boy being targeted. Thoughts and prayers to the affected family.
    To lighten this post, here’s a photo of our addition to the city:

snowhitieFowlerBricks
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,875
    mustang69 said:
    I'm struggling trying to figure out what to buy to get the rocket ride GWP. I have plenty of options but they're all $200+. I was planning on waiting for double points on those since they're pricier. Guess I could always stop at the Lego store and see what they have.
    It had taken me awhile to figure that out myself. Ended up picking out a few small sets and some parts packs. wasn't sure about lunar lander
    Fizyx said:
    Charmiefcb said:
    I bought a Disney Princess set for our cleaners kid. She is forced to spend a large chunk of her school holidays at our place with only a TV and her phone for entertainment, so I buy her a Lego set every school holidays. It's almost always Friends and I would grab a set or two without thinking much about it. I forgot what sets I have gotten her in the Friends range, so I went for Disney. Can't go wrong with Jasmine and Aladdin. I actually had a good look at what I bought this time. They are great sets. Much better than what I had growing up.
    I wish I had them when I was her age. All they had for girls when I was growing up was oversimplified Paradisa and Bellville. (I would build my Paradisa Restaurant/Resort then my brothers would get ahold of it and it would be mutated with Western, Aquazone and various Space themes into a fort of death with plenty of guns and lasers) I was too late for Fabuland sadly. I'm happy LEGO has decent sets for girls now.
    Looking at the builds I would say they would be on par with City sets in how they're built. I might get some of the Disney ones myself.
    Yeah, some of the Friends builds are really surprisingly good.  For both the Princess and Friends lines, one of the things I like the most if how much brighter and more colorful they tend to be.  'Regular' LEGO isn't really drab per say, but when you put the two next to each other the color explosion can be refreshing sometimes.
    Friends gifts have gone over well with my girl cousins. One of them likes horses, so I often get her those Friends sets and I get generic sets like bricks boxes for the both the boys and girls. If people on my shopping list were tomboys or girlie men, I'd give them stuff that fit, but that's a moot point.

I love Pop Star and the Andrea music sets because of my Lady Gaga phase, Adventure Camp because of my Boy Scout days (ironically), a few other sets. #41092 and #41311 are two of my favorite pizza sets, along with some other food sets. I get just minidolls from some sets to add to displays. Also, as a dog person I collect the figurines though don't build the puppy set models.

TLG gets crap for how girly girl it is, but having quality sets like that is an improvement, the theme isn't all like that, and there's some truth in stereotypes. It's a good counterweight to CITY's focus on heavy vehicles for real-world themes

The bright colors also help them as parts packs

-

The last couple weeks I've gone on a WalMart clearance bender. Got a few things for gifts, but mainly for BrickLink part out - which would require actually sorting and listing them

FizyxSumoLego
  • tallblocktootallblocktoo CanadaMember Posts: 497
    @MaffyD  Cool looking build.  Great memories for your son I am sure.  

I am unaware of incident and don't need it repeated as it sounds horrific.  Best wishes for healing to those involved that were traumatized. 
    MaffyD
    Lego_Star said:
    ^ Legoland California or Legoland Florida? @PJ76uk
    Florida, was in Orlando for a coupe of weeks treating the kids to WDW and obviously had to include a trip to Legoland! They loved the water park there, very much recommend to anyone visiting (we almost didn't take swimming stuff so glad we did at the last minute!)
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,567
    Quick question for those who know these sorts of things, but if a part shows as "Out of Stock" on the Replacement Parts Order section of [email protected], does that mean it will likely come back into stock at some point? Will maybe come back? I feel like I've seen some parts say something like, "discontinued," or just not show in a parts catalog for a particular set. 

I have a part I've been watching for awhile and I'd love to know if I'm wasting my time checking every day, or if I should hold out a bit longer?
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 402
    Here is my experience with this, I was keeping an eye out for part 60592, the 1x2x2 window frames in Earth Green. For at least a year the newer version was out of stock. Then about the time the Corner Garage was release they came back in stock (they are included in it). The older version of the same piece (solid studs on top) are still out of stock and most likely will stay that way.

I'm also keeping an eye on part 3685 in black for the Haunted House I am bricklinking, interesting enough Brickset doesnt show that part in that color anymore so I dont think that bodes well for me.

I really think it comes down to if they start making the part again for a new set, like my first example.

Keeping my fingers crossed your part comes back in stock :)
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 529
    Kind of a side tangent subject... but boy oh boy would I love to be able to have a wish list for b&p!
    Fizyxsid3windrmustang69gmonkey76LittleLoriMr_Cross
    Quick question for those who know these sorts of things, but if a part shows as "Out of Stock" on the Replacement Parts Order section of [email protected], does that mean it will likely come back into stock at some point? Will maybe come back? I feel like I've seen some parts say something like, "discontinued," or just not show in a parts catalog for a particular set. 

I have a part I've been watching for awhile and I'd love to know if I'm wasting my time checking every day, or if I should hold out a bit longer?
    Yes they do, when I purchased all the parts to make #75997 there were several oos parts. Eventually i gave up, ordered what I could then purchased a discontinued polybag for a fiver that had the parts I needed. Of course once I had all the parts I realised I missed one so when back to Replacement Parts Order to get it and lo and behold the previously oos pieces were now available! A learning experience...
    Switchfoot55Mr_Cross
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,567
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll keep checking. I'm looking for the Reddish Brown hose pieces for the UCS R2-D2. I've been checking almost daily.

I'll likely just end up subbing for the LBG if push comes to shove as they have greater availability and are WAY more affordable. I can live with the sub if needed!
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 779
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll keep checking. I'm looking for the Reddish Brown hose pieces for the UCS R2-D2. I've been checking almost daily.

I'll likely just end up subbing for the LBG if push comes to shove as they have greater availability and are WAY more affordable. I can live with the sub if needed!
    That one you're likely SOL on, as it only appeared in Reddish Brown in #10225, and the set has been retired for almost 5 years now.  I highly doubt it will come back into stock. 
    Switchfoot55gmonkey76BumblepantsMr_Cross
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 423
    edited August 6
    pxchris said:
    Kind of a side tangent subject... but boy oh boy would I love to be able to have a wish list for b&p!
    You could use the Brickset ‘want’ flag for parts! requires some adjustments to your BS-settings, described here:

https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/30360/wanted-flag-for-parts#latest
    edited August 6
    pxchris said:
    I have about six of those spread between Rebrickalble, Bricklink and Brickowl all carefully logged together on an EXEL document.
    It's probably more addictive and a bigger rabbit hole than set collecting when you really get going. :(
    FizyxMr_Cross
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 529
    I already have multiple parts want lists via Bricklink, but that's not the same as having a want list built into the B&P site to make it easier to see what parts are in stock and be able to quickly buy from that list.
    pxchris said:
    I already have multiple parts want lists via Bricklink, but that's not the same as having a want list built into the B&P site to make it easier to see what parts are in stock and be able to quickly buy from that list.
    I did appreciate that, was just being lighthearted about having too many parts lists already, hence having to log it all on EXEL documents.

I do agree that having a wish list on Bricks and Pieces would be a good thing to have (along with a search facility that didn't involve already knowing the part numbers).
    pxchris
    Basty said:
    Found some sparkle babies this morning, discounted down to £6.74 
    That's not too shabby for a new set @Basty. Where did you find this 25% off goodness?
    KingAlanI
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 218
    Lego_Star said:
    Basty said:
    Found some sparkle babies this morning, discounted down to £6.74 
    That's not too shabby for a new set @Basty. Where did you find this 25% off goodness?
    I was surprised to see it discounted. The place is called Toy Barnhaus. I don’t think there are many. It was an unexpected purchase as I was waiting for the manager to talk about getting a box of Series 19 minifigures as they do buy 5 figures get the 6 free. 
    Lego_StarMr_Cross
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,985
    Embarking tomorrow on a mini road trip through the coastal shires of Kent, East Sussex, West Sussex and Hampshire. Planning to pop in at Bluewater en route and hopefully get another new stamp in my Lego Passport :-) 

Meanwhile, discovered something very disturbing at Tesco today. I mean, I like peanut butter and I like Marmite, but...

Gibbo1959Mr_Crossomniumdonutboy
    edited August 6
    ^ That's old hat @Legopants. Tried by Philip Schofield on This Morning months ago!
    https://mobile.twitter.com/thismorning/status/1110252022022983680?lang=en

Holly shows that she doesn't know the key thing about peanut butter though: it contains peanuts but definitely not butter.

Legopants
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,985
    edited August 6
    Lego_Star said:
    ^ That's old hat @Legopants. Tried by Philip Schofield on This Morning months ago!
    https://mobile.twitter.com/thismorning/status/1110252022022983680?lang=en

Holly shows that she doesn't know the key thing about peanut butter though: it contains peanuts but definitely not butter.

Well, it's completely new to me :-)
    Phil seemed to like it - if it's good enough for him, then it's good enough for me! :-D
    Lego_Star
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,913
    Basty said:
    Can’t wait to start building my City but until I move I’m Legoless 
    Them shelves look mighty high!  Unless you have an anti-gravity hover-chairs...
    Fizyx