Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10263 Winter Village 2018

12345679»

Comments

• BrickchapBrickchap AustraliaMember Posts: 166
    @Bumblepants I hope its not a gingerbread house. It would be a great Lego store set or just regular Seasonal set but Id much prefer a regular WV set, a town hall (basically an unofficial church), inn/B&B, butchery, green grocer, garage sweet shop?
    mustang69gmonkey76
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,783
    ^ I dont mind a gingerbread house but a town hall (basically an unofficial church) would be better.
    mustang69
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 444
    edited July 2019
    Agreed on the gingerbread house. To me it would seem too much like an amusement park type building rather than something that goes within a "classic" winter village. A town hall or B&B would be awesome.

Dont get me wrong, I would love a gingerbread house (larger one) but I would put it in a "Winter Fun Park" area rather than with the Toy Shop, Post Office or Bakery (and the other town square WV sets).
    gmonkey76
  • WhiteDoveWhiteDove AustraliaMember Posts: 72
    I’m with you all. I would buy it regardless but I would much rather have a town hall, candy store or book store or any other serious building to continue expanding the village. A gingerbread house would be fun and the kids would enjoy it but it would be going on the outskirts in a forest.
    mustang69gmonkey76
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 654
    Unless it's a candy store designed to look like a gingerbread house with gingerbread people mascots
    mustang69560HeliportBaby_YodamadforLEGOgmonkey76
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 482
    eMJeeNL

David is now know under the moniker Inklingbricks: https://inklingbricks.com/

i’ve got a bunch of his instructions and build them; very well done all!
    Thank you!
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 562
    We have the Winter Village Fire Station, so shouldn’t a Winter Village Police Station come next?
    Brickchap
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,067
    How about a Christmas tree lot? ...oh, wait... #3499 and #3738! ;)
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,097
    Should there be a 2019 thread? I haven’t looked so maybe one does exist...
    evantylerBrickchap
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 945
    It’s never too early to start off the winter village 2019 thread!

Last week was the hottest week in England... and I bought 8 holiday elves, which I’m continuing to stock pile for my Christmas scene.

In terms of speculation: I don’t think it’ll be a large gingerbread house although I hope it is! I think the gingerbread couple will be the GWP. Playmobil have a Christmas bakery that looks like a gingerbread house out now.

I bought the fire station last year although it’s not really one of the most iconic winter village sets. Too city-like rather than village-like!
  • Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 142
    edited July 2019
    If it's gingerbread house, I will pass the Winter Village theme for the first time :( Feels like something completely off not fitting the realistic background for all the other sets (yes, Santa's workshop is a little bit over the bar, but still ok).
    Brickchapgmonkey76
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 198
    Never too early, last week I bought some Christmas Baubles (Train, Santa, Penguin) from Discover Centre who had a full display of them...
    madforLEGO
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,511
    Patrik78 said:
    If it's gingerbread house, I will pass the Winter Village theme for the first time :( Feels like something completely off not fitting the realistic background for all the other sets (yes, Santa's workshop is a little bit over the bar, but still ok).
    I will get it, regardless, as it is part of the line. Though I would like it a lot more if, like someone mentioned earlier, it was a sweet shop dressed up like a gingerbread house.
    gmonkey76
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,707
    SirBen said:
    We have the Winter Village Fire Station, so shouldn’t a Winter Village Police Station come next?
    With a Winter Village helicopter and a Winter Village drunk tank for when your minifigs overdo it ;-)
    560Heliportgmonkey76SirBenM1J0E