Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

SDCC 2019 Exclusive Minifigures/Sets Discussion

Comments

• DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    Ahem,is this Stranger Things SDCC promo real???
  • Gruff666Gruff666 United KingdomMember Posts: 209
    Yes it looks like it's real 

On the LEGO Facebook page
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,185
    As real as PS4 Spiderman and Zebra Batman.
    mattytreks
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 406
    Poor Barb. 

Also, my poor wallet. 
    mattytreks
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 836
    CCC said:
    Does anyone know anything about the LEGO BUILDERS' AUTHORITY that approved the set?

It's a pastiche of the old "Comics Code Authority" labels on comic books. A bit less contextually relevant here than on the Super Heroes sets, but I suppose they wanted to make the branding for all these sets consistent.
  • mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 148
    Looks like I’m going to be in a lot of LEGO lines this year.  While not a DC or Marvel exclusive, I’m absolutely going to need this to go along with The Upside Down and Castle Byers.
    sonatine01kbwbpk2300CM4S
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    Looks like I’m going to be in a lot of LEGO lines this year.  While not a DC or Marvel exclusive, I’m absolutely going to need this to go along with The Upside Down and Castle Byers.
    Seriously.   Can't wait to wait. lol
    mattytreks
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 922
    With them making Barb (even if it is for SDCC) do you guys think they will release some of the other, bigger name characters later on, maybe a Bricktober set?
    gmonkey76
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 836
    With them making Barb (even if it is for SDCC) do you guys think they will release some of the other, bigger name characters later on, maybe a Bricktober set?
    I could maybe see that. Though of course it remains to be seen whether or not there will even BE Bricktober sets (or some equivalent) now that Toys R Us is no more.

gmonkey76Aanchir
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,015
    Lyichir said:
    I could maybe see that. Though of course it remains to be seen whether or not there will even BE Bricktober sets (or some equivalent) now that Toys R Us is no more.

TRU still exists, just not in the US. Perhaps Target will take up the reins in the US now? 
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,824
    ^Not so fast

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-06-21/toys-r-us-back-from-the-dead-will-open-u-s-stores-in-2019

I have no opinion on the news source (bloomberg), it was just the first article I saw. Between 6 stores total in the US and an e-commerce site (sure to be a winner) they may still be a source of Bricktober sets. 
    Pitfall69gmonkey76Aanchir
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 922
    Depending on how successful the Bricktober promos were at Barnes and Noble and Lego store, they might just have different distribution channels.  I can see them having one for Barnes and Nobles, one for target, one for Lego store and one for Walmart that just goes missing and never gets released.
    gmonkey76jmeninno
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,914
    Imma gonna throw dis out der. If anyone gets a Barb minifigure and doesn't want it, I have a sealed Vader bust and a sealed 100 Stores in North America minifigure I will trade for it.
    Jern92

Exclusive! The inside story of Comic-Con’s most coveted collectibles

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/exclusive-inside-story-comic-cons-coveted-collectibles/amp/

Mentions Lego among other brands although no actual insight on their thought process.
    Fireheartmattytreks
  • minisuperfigsminisuperfigs UKMember Posts: 3
    vwong19 said:
    If anyone would like to see the Lego SDCC sales prices I’d be happy to PM them to you.
    Hey @vwong19 would you happy to share the sales prices with me too?
    vwong19
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 725
    edited July 2019
    @vwong19...would very much appreciate those prices also if not too much bother?

Thanks
    vwong19
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 598
    vwong19 said:

Exclusive! The inside story of Comic-Con’s most coveted collectibles

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/exclusive-inside-story-comic-cons-coveted-collectibles/amp/

Mentions Lego among other brands although no actual insight on their thought process.

Interesting, but from two years ago...lots have changed.
    Baby_Yoda
    Sdcc blog tweeted no minifigure Sunday. Perhaps a sigh of relief for most people...
    mattytreks
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 402
    I don't have any issues with Lego producing exclusives.  If I really want something, then I'll pay what the market demands for it.  If it's too expensive, then I really don't want it.
    klintonvwong19mattytreksBumblepantsAanchirdmcc0
    SumoLego said:
    daewoo said:
    If it's too expensive, then I really don't want it.
    I want everything exclusive for 55% off.  And free shipping.  And a free gift worth more than the exclusive.  And double VIP points.  And a poster.
    Same
    SumoLego
    SumoLego said:
    daewoo said:
    If it's too expensive, then I really don't want it.
    I want everything exclusive for 55% off.  And free shipping.  And a free gift worth more than the exclusive.  And double VIP points.  And a poster.
    And then I fully expect you to find something else to complain about after you receive the item.  Because why not 😂😂 
    VorpalRyuAanchirSumoLego
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,015
    daewoo said:
    I don't have any issues with Lego producing exclusives.  If I really want something, then I'll pay what the market demands for it.  If it's too expensive, then I really don't want it.
    Not that I really have issues with it, but 99.99999% of it falls into stuff I want but just don't love enough to shell out for. Vixen and Atom would be welcome additions the collection, but neither of them are particularly favorites of mine. It'd be nice if original characters saw rerelease in the main line, with a tweaked deco (ala GL and Shazam). That said, I will continue on quite satisfied with life if I never have Lego minifigs of either of them. :p
    Aanchir
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,852
    edited July 2019
    SumoLego said:
    And then I fully expect you to find something else to complain about after you receive the item.  Because why not 😂😂 
    When it's not packed in a three-inch thick hard case with Rodin hand-crafted packing peanuts and delivered to my door personally by Jamie Berard - I will be calling Customer Service.  Mark my words!
    mattytreksgmonkey76VorpalRyuAanchir
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,304
    No issues finding the DC & Marvel builds on eBay, but getting nothing for the Spider-Man minifig, anybody willing to share their search string, I'm using "LEGO Spiderman SDCC 2019 -custom -inspired" as all I was getting was SDCC "custom" or "inspired" ones previously.
    @VorpalRyu - I generally search Lego SDCC or Lego SDCC 2019 if I want something specific.
    VorpalRyu
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,039
    ^^^ Interesting that they didn't model it movie accurate with Tony head and fingers on the hand but very impressive model nonetheless
    vwong19 said:
    @VorpalRyu - I generally search Lego SDCC or Lego SDCC 2019 if I want something specific.
    Are you going to post your pricing info like last year? That was super helpful and I saved a fair amount of money 
    VorpalRyu
    @kbw - Sure. I'm glad it was helpful. Sharing my eBay SDCC Lego sales data from the past year. I've shared with some people already, but I added a 2019 Sheet (doesn't include Stranger Things... yet).
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16LRsWAvY_TAoVBx6zQi1Qeahu3IidcFtgquQtxpFWTA/edit#gid=1935213598
    SeanTheCollectorkbwVorpalRyuFireheart
    ^ @vwong19 - very interesting data and thank you for doing that research.  

Please make the cost for a Barb drop to $75.00.  I know you can do it!
    vwong19kbwPitfall69TXLegoguyMynattgmonkey76Jern92
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    Yes, while Black Lightning followed the norm; Sheriff Deadpool did not. That is why I set a price point for an SDCC set/minifigure and I won't pay more than that price no matter what. I overpaid some years and paid below average others, so now I just stick to my own pricing model.
    gmonkey76
    The annual price spike of minifigures from prior years during Comic-Con week continues...
    Pitfall69
    SumoLego said:
    ^ @vwong19 - very interesting data and thank you for doing that research.  

Please make the cost for a Barb drop to $75.00.  I know you can do it!
    Should I happen to stumble on a box of these figures when no one is looking... seriously I don’t know how much she will fetch, but it doesn’t look good in the near future. Lego has not publicly revealed their distribution method or quantity yet. She’s 5th on my 2019 SDCC Lego priority list, but definitely see her appeal.
    gmonkey76SumoLego
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 274
    I'm curious when they will release the instructions for the captain marvel set. I want to see how close I got with my LDD
    The Spiderman figure has started appearing on eBay. What days do the other sets / figures release? 
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 740
    edited July 2019
    I love Stranger Things. I'm not gonna be buying the Lego set, but I can see that those who did (or are) are gonna be mighty p#ssed off about that Barb fig being a SDCC exclusive.
    TXLegoguyklinton
    donutboy said:
    ...gonna be mighty p#ssed off about that Barb fig being a SDCC exclusive...
    Most of us were mildly annoyed with the Castle Byers mini-build.

Barb!  Wherefore art thou, Barb?!?
    TXLegoguyklinton
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 317
    Didn’t see it mentioned, but Lego is running giveaways through twitter for the SDCC exclusives. Slim chance of winning but at least a chance to try and get one. 
    Pitfall69kbwmadforLEGOLittleLori
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,304
    Anyone come across PDFs of the instructions for the sets?
    asrfarinha
    Has anyone heard if the minifigures in the Capt Marvel set are exclusive?
    SumoLego
    kbw said:
    They are, by definition.  However, it appears only the Captain Marvel torso is an exclusive print.  All of the other pieces are available elsewhere.
    kbwAanchir
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 675
    hoodaddy said:
    Didn’t see it mentioned, but Lego is running giveaways through twitter for the SDCC exclusives. Slim chance of winning but at least a chance to try and get one. 
    I won the sam wilson captain American minfig on the twitter giveaway a few years ago. There is a chance 
    kbwAanchir
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 584
    I see from eBay in hand pics that the Sith Trooper has 3000 total units, and Captain Marvel is the standard 1500 total units.
    Should reflect in the prices they go for..
    SumoLego said:
    kbw said:
    They are, by definition.  However, it appears only the Captain Marvel torso is an exclusive print.  All of the other pieces are available elsewhere.
    Guess I’m wondering/nervous that they will release the minifigs later in another set or polybag. My understanding is they have typically included minfigs already available in the exclusive sets, correct?
  • FodderFodder AustraliaMember Posts: 306
    JBricks27 said:
    hoodaddy said:
    I won the sam wilson captain American minfig on the twitter giveaway a few years ago. There is a chance 
    This was the reason I created a Twitter account...
    Haven’t won anything yet....
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,039
    So apparently there are at least 2 unique torsos just buried in self assembly minifig areas at SDCC for people to find and use, worth taking a look at Beyond the Brick where I saw this
    stluxvwong19