Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 766
    Its on the Lego site... Except in North America. Come on Lego, come on! I'd order this in a heartbeat. 
    TXLegoguydougts
  • Beyrouth_LegoBeyrouth_Lego ChinaMember Posts: 12
    I heard it will come out in June in NA, only next month. Check out my review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJi7P8xg_WY
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,853
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,648
    I believe this would fall under the announcement in April regarding the delayed release of regional specific sets to all markets at some point after their regional release date? Glad to see an example of it actually happening! (though this may be the first opportunity since that announcement was made?)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,435
    Im glad, as I have spent A LOT for June on LEGO. My checking account needs a breather
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,183
    Why do I get the inkling that this'll be 'sold out' in under an hour?
    560HeliportmadforLEGOkiki180703
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,238
    After all most 2 weeks availability on [email protected] in Europe, still not sold out there.

So either
    • they made enough available for the next couple of months and then let it retire
    • TLG's initial assessment that these Chinese sets would only really be popular in the APAC region was spot on
    I hope it's not the 2nd and they didn't make a massive amount of these, as I would like this new policy of global availability of regional sets to last.
    SumoLego
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,886
    edited June 12
    I actually hope it is the second and LEGO is shown to actually know what they are doing in spite of whiny AFOLs best efforts.

Life is more interesting when you can't always get what you want and have to work a bit to get some things.
    oldtodd33starwars4everShibkiki180703klinton
    pharmjod said:
    Life is more interesting when you can't always get what you want and have to work a bit to get some things.
    Pshaw!  My snowflakes shall never endure any adversity.  All things must be delivered on a fluffy cloud with harp music on a gold platter.
    starwars4ever
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 795
    stlux said:
    After all most 2 weeks availability on [email protected] in Europe, still not sold out there.

So either
    • they made enough available for the next couple of months and then let it retire
    • TLG's initial assessment that these Chinese sets would only really be popular in the APAC region was spot on
    I hope it's not the 2nd and they didn't make a massive amount of these, as I would like this new policy of global availability of regional sets to last.
    There's also the option that it's probably seen by some as the weakest set out of the 3. I'm sure there was a lot more hype about the other 2 sets.

Personally, I nearly didn't buy it because of the above reason. However, I have the other two so I wanted the full trio of sets.
    My guess is that LEGO will limit them, and I have noticed that LEGO has been vigilant lately about those trying to circumvent limits (such as just outright cancelling orders for more than the designated amount), so they could be around for a while.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,548
    So, no #80101 or #80102 for North America? Is that because they were released before “the announcement”?
    ^I was excited when the announcment happened as I immediately thought of these two sets. Then I read closer and saw that it gave a date (May 5th or something like that). It stated regional sets released after that date would eventually become available eon [email protected] I could be wrong, but the fact that we haven't seen either #80101 or #80102 in North America or anywhere outside of it's original market would suggest to me that we're out of luck. 
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 139

Worth noting, in the UK the purchase limit on S&H has just increased from 5 to 20 sets per household so that's either extending the limit as the peak/rush is now over or more likely that it's selling slower than expected.

Will be interesting to see what limit North America starts at.

• stefxanstefxan AustriaMember Posts: 57
    I tried to buy it 2 times now from [email protected] and both of my orders got cancelled. Im exited to get the supports answer 
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    Now with free Year of The Pig set (online only) from shop.lego.com in the UK, not sure about elsewhere. Just got an email.
    badgersandwich
    I'll take anyone's unwanted pigs!
    Switchfoot55Jern92kiki180703
  • ty8888ty8888 CaliforniaMember Posts: 49
    I got 20 Year of the Pig sets, very motivated to move them. Let me know if you want to make a deal.
    SumoLego
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 235
    ty8888 said:
    I got 20 Year of the Pig sets, very motivated to move them. Let me know if you want to make a deal.
    How does one acquire 20!!!
    ^I have to imagine it was done while reciting "This little piggy..." 
    gmonkey76Baby_Yoda
  • ty8888ty8888 CaliforniaMember Posts: 49
    Basty said:
    ty8888 said:
    How does one acquire 20!!!
    I know a guy.
    Baby_Yoda
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 803
    Lego_Star said:
    Now with free Year of The Pig set (online only) from shop.lego.com in the UK, not sure about elsewhere. Just got an email.
    Wait, the pigs are back? They've been sold out here since January.
    edited July 1
    [email protected] US has #80103 available, 49.99, limit of 20, Im guessing LEGO has a lot of these
    BumblepantsAstrobricksSumoLegogmonkey76kiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,022
    [email protected] US has #80103 available, 49.99, limit of 20, Im guessing LEGO has a lot of these
    Yeah, limit of 20 here too. It is the least interesting set of the three for me, plus the minifigures are all the same (5 of each team) just different heads / hair and they made these "exclusive" parts available on bricks and pieces. That sent my interest in buying the actual set to zero.
  • nychromastonenychromastone The Empire StateMember Posts: 157

I made a quick stop to Rock Center store to check out the new HP sets and spotted a bunch of #80103 Dragon Boat Race sets were available. just wondering, is the first in-store sighting?
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,548

I made a quick stop to Rock Center store to check out the new HP sets and spotted a bunch of #80103 Dragon Boat Race sets were available. just wondering, is the first in-store sighting?
    I saw a bunch at the MoA store yesterday.
    nychromastone
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,085
    I still consider this a part of that “core” market exclusive series. I think it’s a fun set with a lot of interesting parts. Can’t complain there!
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 857
    There’s a lot of these at Legoland California as of yesterday. 
    SumoLego
    Gobs available at the LEGO Retail Store in Western New York.

I get the sense they made a lot of these.  It does disappoint me that the Dragon wasn't more widely available.  It's the best of the three sets.
    Apparently will be retiring at the end of year, according to www.thebrickfan.com