Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Used 8880 Super Car FS (UK)

BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 782
I'm just visiting my parents and on one of the shelves is a #8880 Super Car that has been gathering dust probably since 1984. All the stickers seem to be there and I can't see any pieces missing, but can't guarantee 100% that it's all there. No reason to think it isn't though. I can provide further pics if it helps.

I also have the instructions. These seem to be in fantastic shape and even have an extra page provided by Lego included where the original instructions must have been wrong. This extra page is slightly crumpled along one edge.

Open to offers. Selling this mainly to give my parents back that bit of shelf space that has been occupied for 34 years! Potentially open to trade / part trade as well. Only thing I can think of that I especially was is the Iron Man Silver Centurion or anything recent. I prefer my Lego shiny and new rather than old and dust-covered.

Not sure if it would be best to ship in one piece. I suspect some of the bricks and bushings etc could be a bit brittle so I'd be worried about them breaking. I also suspect the stickers are looking for any excuse to fall off.

I've left it all its dusty glory for the pics.

Brainslugged

BumblepantspharmjodricecakeFowlerBricksGothamConstructionCoLego_Lord_Mayorcagmonkey76Mynattkiki180703

Comments

• pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,873
    Ain't no lepin set with dust like that :) impressive!
    BumblepantsLego_Lord_Mayorcagmonkey76Mynattkiki180703
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,919
    Makes me want to build one in white. ;)
    LobotGothamConstructionCogmonkey76kiki180703
  • LegoFan1970LegoFan1970 Member Posts: 79
    PM'd
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 515
    You meant since 1994, right? Either way, that is a long time for dust to accumulate! The white bricks (particularly the wheel hubs) seem to be in pristine, un-sun-damaged condition, so hopefully, you get a good offer for it (dust removal notwithstanding)!
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 782
    This is still available and I'll be back at my parent's next week (where the set is located). I'm even prepared to throw in another 8 month's worth of dust free to sweeten the pot.
    DeMontesBumblepantsdmcc0560Heliportkiki180703
    Back at my parents again. Anyone in need of a #8880? I think I also saw a dead daddy long legs with it that I can also include if interested.
    560Heliport
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 545
    I first thought “wow, that’s a lot of gray bricks for such an old set”. I then looked at the instructions and realized it’s supposed to be black. That’s a lot of dust my friend! 🤣
    ^I've seen enough episodes of Pawn Stars to know that you destroy the value if you get rid of the patina!