Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General DC Discussion

123457»

Comments

• klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 625
    It seems that Batman's sparkly wedding get up in TLM2 was an omen of things to come for the character.... :p

J0rgendmcc0pharmjodgmonkey76catwrangler
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 373
    How overkill is 76120? I mean, Gordon, Batman AND Shazam against Riddler, a guy with no super powers? A car, a plane and a flying guy chasing a ridiculous helicopter?
    It makes no sense...
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,308
    I don't think joker has superpowers neither
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,822
    jnscoelho said:
    It makes no sense...
    That's what makes it such an impressive riddle!
    gmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,046
    Gordon and Batman really don't have superpowers, either.
    gmonkey76Aanchir
    jnscoelho said:
    How overkill is 76120? I mean, Gordon, Batman AND Shazam against Riddler, a guy with no super powers? A car, a plane and a flying guy chasing a ridiculous helicopter?
    It makes no sense...
    That's the one thing about the DCU that I dislike: Batman's little corner of the world interacting with.... well, pretty much anything else in the DCU. He and his little street level rogues gallery make zero sense up against demigods and cosmic forces. 

I don't know how or why Batman has remained so consistently popular that everything needs to constantly be tainted by his presence. Captain Marv... er, 'Shazam', would have been better suited to a JL set with his contemporaries, but of course the entire DC summer line up needs to be Batman. So, here we are with yet another awkward scenario. 

At least it will play out a little more favorably at my house, with 'Shazam' hanging out with the JL while Batman and the rest of this set will be swiftly pitched into the Bin of Storage with all of the other Bat-crap Lego has foisted on me. :p
    Redbullgivesuwindjnscoelhocatwrangler
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,774
    I actually agree with you on that one. No matter how smart and brilliant Batman is he still should get his arse kicked by a lot of the cosmic super villians. Although, to be fair Lex Luthor should not be able to take on Superman either.  The issue is that Batman is their most popular character and tends to sell comics. If you look at the top 20 most Batman series are in it so it makes sense to have your biggest character in as many series as possible (not too many though *cough* New 52 *cough*). In theory if you look at his level of power Superman is more than enough to deal with any major issues on his own. 
    jnscoelhogmonkey76
    ^ The problem is that Superman is so powerful that most of his stories are crap. On the other hand, it's easier to come up with an interesting story about a guy with no superpowers who can overcome obstacles with (sometimes) intelligence and gadgets.
    SumoLegoReesesPiecesgmonkey76Redbullgivesuwind
    edited May 30
    SumoLego said:
    Gordon and Batman really don't have superpowers, either.
    As always, you missed my point :)
    You've got 3 guys, a cop, a "super" hero full of gadgets and a semi-Superman chasing a normal dude in a helicopter. Overkill. If the three of them were chasing Thanos in his helicopter, I'd understand, and it would make for an interesting crossover (insert Captain Marvel/Shazam pun here).
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 552
    Perhaps LEGO found the Justice League sets without batman haven't sold as well. I'd prefer to have less Batman focus particularly on the Batman Rogues Gallery. And it IS Batman's 80th Birthday this year.

Not that I expect LEGO would listen to me but I would LOVE to see a Legion of Superheroes series. Of course that would likely clash with the Star Wars Theme with space ships and what not - but most of the elements are already in place. Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl are easy. Even Wildfire, Dawnstar, Blok and possible just with paints of current elements - and the rest is just printing (Other than Quislet and Tellus).

A Legion series with a Time displaced Superman/Boy and Batman or other Justice Leaguers using a Time Sphere (a repurposed Jurassic World sphere) would be wonderful...

But I can dream
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 820
    In reality, batman doesn't belong with all the other super powered beings. But for story telling, it requires the writers' creativity to put batman in a position where it seems like he can keep up which makes it fun.  Of course, there are plenty of times where the writing is bad and things don't make any sense.
    SumoLegoRedbullgivesuwind
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,774
    jnscoelho said:
    ^ The problem is that Superman is so powerful that most of his stories are crap.
    Like the time he walked across America.

insert Forrest Gump joke here.
    jnscoelho
    That run was just terrible... One of the worst Superman stories I can recall.
    Redbullgivesuwind
    wish Grant Morrison would just devote his career to writing Superman. Both "All-Star Superman" and his run on Action Comics are absolute perfection. The former for perfectly distilling the essence of the Superman core mythos, and the latter for brilliantly conveying the perspective of a 4th dimensional imp.
    Redbullgivesuwind
  • SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 133
    klinton said:
    wish Grant Morrison would just devote his career to writing Superman. Both "All-Star Superman" and his run on Action Comics are absolute perfection. The former for perfectly distilling the essence of the Superman core mythos, and the latter for brilliantly conveying the perspective of a 4th dimensional imp.
    YES! I completely agree. I'm generally turned off by Superman comics, but Grant Morrison is an absolute genius. I know this is a DC thread, but have you read Morrison and Quietly's run on X-Men?
    SparkyHam said:
    YES! I completely agree. I'm generally turned off by Superman comics, but Grant Morrison is an absolute genius. I know this is a DC thread, but have you read Morrison and Quietly's run on X-Men?
    I tried. I'd given up on all things "X" a few years prior. Collecting 20+ books every month to keep tabs on all the plot lines because I enjoyed a handful of mutants just became too much of a hassle. I hopped back on for this, as I love both of them (particularly Quitely's gorgeous art!). I just couldn't get into it. I think it was more my own disinterest in the 'mutant struggle' at that point than anything about the book itself. I know it's quite a popular run with the hardcore X-fans though. 
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,398
    Can anyone tell me if #30623 is available in the US and if so, where can I get a couple?
    CaptainRogers
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 752
    @Bosstone100 We've heard nothing so far. It's not for purchase or giveaway anywhere yet. I'll be watching the forum, also waiting to get a few once they're available.