Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Most Prized Minifigure(s)

124»

Comments

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,268
    gladiator hulk too, though maybe he doesn't count as a minifig
    FowlerBricksBrixfan02
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,328
    Samwise Gamgee from LOTR as he was my favorite literary character. The Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi Doctor Who figures, the Spartan Warrior, and the Barbarian CMF. Tough to narrow it down. Probably could list a ton more.
    FowlerBricksMCNwakeboardBumblepants
  • PolyphemusPolyphemus Sydney, AustraliaMember Posts: 92
    SumoLego said:
    MaffyD said:
    ...my parents had decided that I should have Town more than Space...
    I find it curious that parents are evaluating the relative suitableness of LEGO themes.  Maybe just a different era?

Chosing toys was frequently a teaching moment (quality, playability, etc.), that I now inflict upon my children.  
    This happened to me too. As far as I've been able to gather (from a very sketchy memory) my parents bought me and my sister one classic space set each when we were very young (#6842 and #6870). I never got anymore. Nor did I get any Castle. None. I only ever got Town sets for the rest of my childhood.

I think the problem may have been that whenever my parents asked what sets I wanted I usually replied with "All of them!" and so they just took that as reason to select what they liked the look of.

Luckily my mum decided she liked the look of the new Pirates theme in '89!
    SumoLegogmonkey76catwrangler
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,470
    SumoLego said:
    MaffyD said:
    ...my parents had decided that I should have Town more than Space...
    I find it curious that parents are evaluating the relative suitableness of LEGO themes.  Maybe just a different era?

Chosing toys was frequently a teaching moment (quality, playability, etc.), that I now inflict upon my children.  
    I think they just wanted to make it easy - my brother got the biggest Space set they could get their hands on, I got the next size down Town set.

I too now devolve the selection process to my offspring, after providing the correct parameters for a successful selection to them.
    SumoLegoFowlerBricks