Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Barnes and Noble

Comments

• ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 879
    I actually saw about 10-16 of the Harry potter bricktober sets behind the counter today.  When I asked if I can buy it now that the promo is over, the said the promo is still going on.
    Onebricktoomany
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,546
    I actually saw about 10-16 of the Harry potter bricktober sets behind the counter today.  When I asked if I can buy it now that the promo is over, the said the promo is still going on.
    Personally I think it is BS as it ended online about a month ago, but whatever. If they really do appear as not having a value, like some have reported, I guess the store is really stuck with them using this promo to move them. Hopefully this stops B&N from wanting to run an more LEGO promos though because I think they have run them poorly. Not so much with the limitations of the promo, I understand that, but it was the typical YMMV type of response as to who could buy them outright, and who was limiting vs letting people buy as many as they wanted, etc.
    BrickByBrickOnebricktoomany
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,761
    gmonkey76 said:
    Was just at 2 B&N. One had 90% of the new Lego sets out, but no Harry Potter 4 pack. The other only had the LEGO Movie 2 sets, but had the Harry Potter 4 pack for a gift a $75.
    So they are still doing that promo then it appears.. Interesting as I thought someone else said their store reportedly returned all of their sets to the warehouse. Wonder if there are any good sale/clearance deals at my local B&N stores
    That report was from December though.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,532
    ^as of 2-2-19 they still had the signs up.
    Astrobricks
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    ^I just ordered 2 even though I cannot fathom why I think I actually need 2 more when I already got one when it was a promo in the store.
    pharmjodgmonkey76madforLEGOSumoLegoOnebricktoomany
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 683
    I decided to buy a couple as well - one as a gift for my son who will be thrilled, and one I'll use for trade.
    pharmjodmadforLEGOSumoLegoOnebricktoomany
  • lcdo_figueroalcdo_figueroa College Station, TXMember Posts: 62
    Snagged one from the local B&N 
    SumoLegomadforLEGOOnebricktoomany
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 683
    Well, that was quick... ordered two sets of the figs this morning, just picked them up at lunch!
    SumoLegoOnebricktoomany
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 287
    SumoLego said:

But... possessing them still sparks joy.  

This! This! This!  And the chase.  And the completion of a set(cmf's).  Waiting for a delivery. Opening a new box.  The build.  The display.   And, and, and... Lego Anonymous anyone?
    davetheoxygenmanSumoLegoMegtheCatpxchrisgmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,568
    edited February 2019
    Onebricktoomany said:
    And, and, and... Lego Anonymous anyone?
    I don't want to be Anonymous - as I am very proud of my accomplishment of LEGO things.
    davetheoxygenmanOnebricktoomanyMegtheCatgmonkey76
    edited February 2019
    SumoLego said:
    Onebricktoomany said:
    And, and, and... Lego Anonymous anyone?
    I don't want to be Anonymous - as I am very proud of my accomplishment of LEGO things.
    Streakers say their proud of their accomplishments too.. well at least until they sober up.
    SumoLegoOnebricktoomanypxchrisgmonkey76560Heliport
    edited February 2019
    I suppose that means I've been plastered since 1986.  No sobriety in sight...
    Onebricktoomanygmonkey76
    SumoLego said:
    You've been streaking since 1986? that must be exhausting. :-)

I know what you mean about LEGO though, after my dark ages I have not stopped buying sets or parts.. It has gotten to the point of being unstoppable force in my home.

SumoLegoOnebricktoomanygmonkey76datsunrobbie
    SumoLego said:
    You've been streaking since 1986? that must be exhausting. :-)
    Where's my pants?
    gmonkey76madforLEGOdavetheoxygenmanGibbo1959OnebricktoomanyAstrobricks
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 222
    Make and take event...it was a little chaotic and disorganized but a fun event.

OnebricktoomanyThe_StudLittleLori
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 222

OnebricktoomanyMegtheCatmadforLEGOJennistarwars4everThe_StudAstrobricksprevereLittleLori
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 879
    Mine was actually very organized.  There was a long line but they prebagged the pieces so the line went by quickly.  Only problem was that they gave black and white copies of the instructions so some of the pieces were confusing to the kiddos.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,401
    Barnes and Noble canceled every single one of my orders of the HP sets and I have no idea why? I have never created an account with them and the last time I ordered something was 2 years ago.
    SumoLego
    Anti-Gungites!
    SprinkleOtter
    ^Rabid Anti-Gungites!!!
    SumoLegogmonkey76SprinkleOtter
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 414
    @Pitfall69

When I bought mine the other day it had me change my password for B&N. I'm thinking there was some security issue with them. Change the password? 

Other than that, I've got nothing. 
    SumoLego
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,898
    @Pitfall69 I can try ordering one for you.
    SumoLego
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 347
    Pitfall69 said:
    Barnes and Noble canceled every single one of my orders of the HP sets and I have no idea why? I have never created an account with them and the last time I ordered something was 2 years ago.
    I think they were actually out of the sets but the site just wasn't showing that yet. I went into BN during the day to have them order two that would be shipped to the store, but even though I could add them to my cart for an online order, she said that the warehouse was showing zero in stock. 
    SumoLego
    BillyBricks84 said:
    ...I could add them to my cart for an online order, she said that the warehouse was showing zero in stock...
    It amazes me that a multi-million dollar company that essentially is a supply-chain for product doesn't have competent logistics to know if they don't have a product.  It baffles me.
    Pitfall69MegtheCatSprinkleOtter
    Pitfall69 said:
    Barnes and Noble canceled every single one of my orders of the HP sets and I have no idea why?
    I was thinking, perhaps they are trying to improve taste in media?  Maybe you'll appreciate the case of David McCullough books that are enroute to your house.
    SprinkleOtter
  • The_StudThe_Stud IndianaMember Posts: 49
    My Barnes and Noble had an empty Lego Movie 2 CMF box yesterday and when I asked what they were going to do with it, the manager rudely told me they had to keep it and then she walked past me. It’s fine that I couldn’t take the box home, but did the manager have to be such an unfriendly snob about it? Great customer service right there.

I was also surprised at the amount of people that were there for the build event (which I didn’t participate in as I was in a hurry.) It reminded me of going to the build event that Toys R Us had for the first Lego Movie, which made me feel almost nostalgic in a way. It seemed to be decently well-organized from an outsider’s perspective, though they were a bit short on space.
    @Pitfall69 I can try ordering one for you.
    It's ok. I appreciate. I was trying to get one for a friend :) I might be able to source one without out anyone making an order. I really appreciate the offer; I just don't want people going out of their way for me :)
    Pitfall69 said:
    I think they were actually out of the sets but the site just wasn't showing that yet. I went into BN during the day to have them order two that would be shipped to the store, but even though I could add them to my cart for an online order, she said that the warehouse was showing zero in stock. 
    I placed an order, I got an email saying the order failed. I then placed another order and got nothing for a bit, then another email saying it failed. A friend placed an order well after mine and his was accepted, so I don't think.they were out of stock when I placed my initial orders.

I just about gave up, but I tired creating an acutual account instead of checking out as a guest. That also failed. Then, instead of using my phone, I used my laptop and placed an order using my wife's info, different payment option and different address and that too failed. I just don't understand what happened?
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 347
    Pitfall69 said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    I placed an order, I got an email saying the order failed. I then placed another order and got nothing for a bit, then another email saying it failed. A friend placed an order well after mine and his was accepted, so I don't think.they were out of stock when I placed my initial orders.

I just about gave up, but I tired creating an acutual account instead of checking out as a guest. That also failed. Then, instead of using my phone, I used my laptop and placed an order using my wife's info, different payment option and different address and that too failed. I just don't understand what happened?
    Is your wife also a Gungan...?
    eddiewSprinkleOtterOubirdgmonkey76Pitfall69pxchris
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,899
    (His wife is a saint!)
    gmonkey76Pitfall69
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 924
    SumoLego said:
    (His wife is a saint!)

?
    gmonkey76Pitfall69MegtheCatRonyarSprinkleOtterBillyBricks84LittleLori
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    pharmjod said:
    All my orders...canceled.
    edited March 2019
    pharmjod said:
    All my orders...canceled.
    @77ncaachamps On the 21st when it was announced they were online I ordered one for store pickup at Blossom Hill/Almaden Expressway. It was ready the same day. Try that? It says it's available at that store! I just checked.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    @Russell844 I had two separate orders for pick up at that canceled minutes after placing the order.
    ill go there physically to see if they even have any
    Showing available on website now for shipping.  Just placed order.  I'll let you know if it gets canceled.
    @Russell844 I had two separate orders for pick up at that canceled minutes after placing the order.
    @77ncaachamps I got you. I ordered one for shipping and so far it hasn't been cancelled.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    Gilroy had them on Friday
    edited March 2019
    Canceled... sigh
    @77ncaachamps My online order shipped!
    77ncaachamps
  • MgScUMgScU USMember Posts: 3
    Received my online order yesterday. I was excited to be able to pick a few more of these. It looks like a local B&N (hour drive) has them in stock. I may check it out this weekend if they are still in stock. 
  • ratical30ratical30 Utah, United StatesMember Posts: 16
    Found these today at local B&N. I bought a few then checked online and they were in stock on their website then I checked a few minutes later and they were out of stock online. I guess just check online often.
    SumoLegomadejp86madforLEGOAstrobricksguachi77ncaachamps
     If you’re in the twin cities, the BN web site shows in stock at Maple Grove and Ridgehaven.
    This was in a BN email:

"Children's Event, Special Event (Children's) 
    Saturday May 04, 2019 2:00 PM 

Star Wars fans can storm troop into stores for an afternoon of collaborative LEGO play and imagining a galaxy far, far away. Take a photo with a cool standee, and get an exclusive collectible poster, while supplies last. "
    LEGOFan2
  • Leandro16Leandro16 New Jersey Member Posts: 55
    Betrayal at cloud city priced at 279.99, 20% off if anyone is looking for one at a discount.
    Astrobricks
    Leandro16 said:
    Betrayal at cloud city priced at 279.99, 20% off if anyone is looking for one at a discount.
    Many other sets at 20% off as well.
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 491
    LEGO Harry Potter Bricktober 2018 (5005254) Back in Stock at Barnes & Noble- per www.thebrickfan.com