Please use our links: LEGO.com • Amazon
Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re just after snacks during the day there’s a good hot dog type stand in the area near the Lego House, as well as a great place selling ice creams just hidden in a road behind the bakery cafe. There’s also a coffee shop on the main road just opposite the Legoland park entrance which can be handy before a long day ahead, including a travelling day!
- LEGO France, British LEGO Ltd., LEGO Belgium and LEGO Sweden are established.
- The machines in the production are now so automatic that one operator can handle two machines at a time. (We’ve already had an injection moulding machine set though)
-LEGO gives the municipality of Billund approx. 20 acres of land and DKK 50,000 for a sports ground
- 12V Trains were introduced
- Duplo was launched (pretty important)
- The first LEGOLAND film is made (mini early Legoland would be awesome)
- Space first introduced
- Fabuland first introduced
- Scala first introduced
- Dacta (under that moniker) introduced
- Pirates introduced
- Star Wars introduced
- Lego World Shop opens (to become [email protected])
- First Lego-products only store opened (in Bluewater)
- Lego Games introduced (can’t see that getting a massive celebration)
... but TLG don’t always tie anything into a particular year so anything is on the table! (I also haven’t even covered the 30s and 40s but we have already seen toy duck and tractor exclusive models)
- Space first introduced
Also keep in mind that quite a few of your fellow Inside Tour participants will also be from the US. So instead of bringing some "generic" sweet, why not bring a local specialty? (that will be alowed through customs)
I've wanted to try the Egg 'n' Spoon ones.
I am also on the May tour (from UK), just me... but as a family we came back from Billund on Saturday having spent a few days there so i'll have been twice in 3 weeks. Lego have been just amazing and made my season pass available for the first trip which i'm very thankful for.
Does anyone know if any of the special sets eg. LEGOLAND sets / Legohouse restricted sets will be in the employee shop ? obviously I can buy them on the last day from legoland/Legohouse if they're not in the employee shop but wondered if anyone knew.
We did the park on 3 days and house on 2 days... so feeling very Lego satisfied right now, and built up a shopping list for next week too :)
The only thing planned for Ireland at this time is Dublin (June 16-18) then Ennis (June 18-20). We are still trying to map out our road trip from June 20 - 25. Munster looks beautiful and would love to meet a fellow Bricksetter.