Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO fight Against Chinese counterfeit LEGO

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,297
    MaffyD said:
    why Lego never made a Minas Tirith model,

That one is easy. It is because LEGO own all of the faker companies that make these minifigures (and try to hide it by doing the odd legal dispute) and want them to become well known for their minifigure production. So they purposely didn't produce one of the key scenes in LOTR to force people to use them to get their Gondor soldiers. At the same time they can produce minifigures for themes like Walking Dead and Game of Thrones without affecting their brand image of being kid friendly. ---End of conspiracy theory---

560HeliportjnscoelhoPitfall69Baby_YodaMaffyDThe_Stud
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 383
    ^ hahahahahahahahahaha

*deep breath*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 452
    Oh God, why the hell is that DVD case green. 

My inner slipcover gathering, steelbook collecting, shelf perfectionist is crying out at that
    Pitfall69SprinkleOtterSumoLegoThe_Stud
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 442
    ^ Reboxed in an X-box game case, perhaps?
    Pitfall69SprinkleOtterThe_Stud
    edited January 26
    Here you go:

...and a Hobbit Hole :)

Maybe it is just as well that Hobbit minifigures have short legs and cannot be bent over.
    Pitfall69SprinkleOtterSumoLegoBaby_Yodagmonkey76
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,298
    tmgm528 said:

My inner slipcover gathering, steelbook collecting, shelf perfectionist is crying out at that
    The color of the box is the same color of the reagent that Herbert West uses to reanimate dead bodies :0
    SprinkleOtterSumoLegogmonkey76
    Pitfall69 said:
    tmgm528 said:

The color of the box is the same color of the reagent that Herbert West uses to reanimate dead bodies :0
    Did you know the name Herbert West off the top of your head? Im afraid to ask! :P
    SumoLegoPitfall69SprinkleOttergmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,479
    ^ He had a copy of 'No Escape' starring Ray Liotta readily available.  Nothing should surprise you.
    Pitfall69tmgm528SprinkleOttergmonkey76andhe
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,708
    Pitfall69 said:
    tmgm528 said:

@Pitfall69 is a connoisseur of movies that sound terrible at first glance...

Pitfall69 said:
    tmgm528 said:

The Re-animater is actually a decent movie. They made a few sequels as well. 
    SprinkleOtter
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,708
    edited January 27
    Pitfall69 said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    tmgm528 said:

The Re-animater is actually a decent movie. They made a few sequels as well. 
    And I'm sure the sequels were definitely not exponentially worse than the original?

Also, if it's as good as you say, should someone... resurrect... the series?
    560Heliport
    Only if it's a cartoon.
    SprinkleOtter
    SumoLego said:
    Only if it's a cartoon.
    Re-Animetor
    SumoLego560Heliport
    tmgm528 said:
    SumoLego said:
    Only if it's a cartoon.
    Re-Animetor
    I don't know if I could watch that; everyone would have big eyes, big boobs and spiked hair. 
    SprinkleOtter
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 457
    MaffyD said:
    So, this thread has me wondering about Trexit, why Lego never made a Minas Tirith model, what makes brand new carpet look mucky, what I would sing if invited to tea at a Hobbit's hole, and the crappy DVDs I have in my garage (there are quite a few).

Thank you Brickset - you never fail... :-)

Wow... I didn't notice until now that Brickset is a phonetic anagram of Brexit.
    Lyichir560Heliport
    edited January 28
    Bobflip said:

Wow... I didn't notice until now that Brickset is a phonetic anagram of Brexit.
    And also when you sit down for the first meal of the day ... Breksit. Then when you leave after the first meal of the day you also Brekxit.

Don't ask about Sexit. Although it can mean when you leave C-E-X.
    Baby_Yodathenos
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 262
    Pitfall69 said:
    tmgm528 said:
    SumoLego said:
    Only if it's a cartoon.
    Re-Animetor
    I don't know if I could watch that; everyone would have big eyes, big boobs and spiked hair. 

I'm not sure that I see a problem here...
    Muftak1MaffyD
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,426
    CCC said:

Don't ask about Sexit. Although it can mean when you leave C-E-X.
    And now we're back at @Pitfall69 DVD collection.
    Pitfall69SprinkleOtterSumoLego
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,378
    In @Pitfall69's defense, Re-Animator was a pretty cool movie. Didn't they do the Puppet Master movies? 
    Pitfall69
    And just for @SumoLego - here's my dvd collection.

Well, about 30% of it... My garage is not a happy place.
    LEGOFan2Pitfall69SprinkleOtterSumoLegoBaby_Yoda
    edited February 1
    Elektra?  You must have raided @Pitfall69's collection for that one.

And the complete collection of Frasier is an interesting dichotomy to Breaking Bad.

(And you tried to hide Jim Carrey's The Grinch.  But we saw it.)
    Pitfall69Muftak1SprinkleOtterVorpalRyuBaby_YodaMaffyD
    That's it!!! Time to make a thread about bad movies that are just so good.

https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/29845/the-best-good-bad-movies-of-all-time/p1?new=1
    VorpalRyuBaby_YodaMaffyD
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,078
    I visited a festival today and was disappointed to see a stall selling nothing but Lepin.
    VorpalRyu
    Baby_Yoda said:
    I visited a festival today and was disappointed to see a stall selling nothing but Lepin.
    Interesting. That's such a tight space. I guess if you were selling Lepin, that would be a perfect place to sell it ;) Although, would you have to reach underneath the stall to make the transaction or is the door wide open?

Wait...what kind of stall are we talking about again? ;)

"Can you spare a square?"
    SprinkleOtterBaby_Yodagmonkey76The_Studbandit778
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 723
    I can't "like" your comment... so, I like your comment! :)
    Pitfall69SprinkleOttergmonkey76The_Stud
  • alaskaguyalaskaguy Member Posts: 325
    stlux said:
    More pictures of that mech here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

So yeah, Lepin ripping off a MOC designer instead of TLG. And of course Bandai, creator and owner of the Gundam IP.
    If you don't want people "ripping off" your designs, you shouldn't post them, including pictures of them, where anyone can see them.
    pxchris said:
    alaskaguy said:
    If you don't want people "ripping off" your designs, you shouldn't post them, including pictures of them, where anyone can see them.
    That is quite possibly the most ludicrous thing I've heard yet.
    And also not how the law works.  (Thankfully!)  But those designing sets best be registering or patenting their designs so as to be able to enforce their rights against others.
    Pitfall69SprinkleOtterVorpalRyuBaby_YodaAanchirgmonkey76The_Stud
    pxchris said:
    alaskaguy said:

Yes, and that's even after watching The Fast and the Furious movie series more than once in the past week ;)
    SprinkleOtterSumoLegoVorpalRyuBumblepantsBaby_Yodapxchrisgmonkey76Cyberdragon
    I can't "like" your comment... so, I like your comment! :)
    I know...ame, but any time I can throw in bathroom humor and Seinfeld references; I will ;) ...and I doo 
    SprinkleOttergmonkey76
    SumoLego said:
    pxchris said:
    And also not how the law works.  (Thankfully!)  But those designing sets best be registering or patenting their designs so as to be able to enforce their rights against others.
    You're welcome to put your faith in the law.  Alternatively, you can put it into something that absolutely works.  People can't copy your designs if you don't make them available to be copied.

daewoo
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,544
    Pitfall69 said:
    pxchris said:
    alaskaguy said:

Yes, and that's even after watching The Fast and the Furious movie series more than once in the past week ;)
    Ludacris is in five of those films though so that is a high bar for ludicrous.
    SumoLegoSprinkleOttergmonkey76
    alaskaguy said:
    You're welcome to put your faith in the law.  Alternatively, you can put it into something that absolutely works.  People can't copy your designs if you don't make them available to be copied. 
    Well, it worked out well for Disney, Microsoft and every other multi-billion dollar company.  And, fittingly, LEGO.
    Pitfall69pxchrisSprinkleOttergmonkey76Baby_YodaThe_Stud
    Baby_Yoda said:
    Can't have your car stolen if you don't own a car!
    But I also can't get to work!
    Pitfall69SprinkleOttergmonkey76Baby_Yoda
    Pitfall69 said:
    pxchris said:
    alaskaguy said:

You are correct!!! Still...plenty of Ludacris. The fact that MY name is Chris and I am lude, just makes things even more interesting. :)
    BumblepantspxchrisSprinkleOttergmonkey76
    SumoLego said:
    alaskaguy said:
    Well, it worked out well for Disney, Microsoft and every other multi-billion dollar company.  And, fittingly, LEGO.
    "I have the utmost faith in the law" - O.J.
    SprinkleOttergmonkey76
    Baby_Yoda said:
    Can't have your car stolen if you don't own a car!
    That's absolutely true.  And it is a good strategy.  I don't own remote property for this reason. I would be too worried about someone breaking in and vandalizing, or squatting and forcing me to go through the legal process to evict them.  For me, the benefit of remote property doesn't outweigh the costs.
    edited March 12
    SumoLego said:
    Yes.  Not so much for people worrying about someone "ripping off" their MOC designs.
    If you HAVE a boatload of money, you can often get the law to work for you.  If not, you MIGHT get the law to work for you...if you're really lucky and have the time and energy for it.
    Of course...if I had a boatload of money, I don't think I would be all that concerned about someone ripping off my MOC designs (:
    Pitfall69 said:
    No, he doesn't - I have a mental filter that removes him and his dialogue from all those films. Funnily enough, it makes very little difference to the plot.
    SprinkleOttergmonkey76VorpalRyu
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 383
    The first rule of the Internet, thou shalt not feed the trolls.

*shuts mouth firmly*
    SprinkleOttersamiam391SumoLegogmonkey76VorpalRyuBaby_YodaThe_Stud
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,847
    Pitfall69 said:.
    You are correct!!! Still...plenty of Ludacris. The fact that MY name is Chris and I am lude, just makes things even more interesting. :)

That would be "lewd"aChris
    BumblepantsSprinkleOtterSumoLegogmonkey76VorpalRyu
    Oh. crap, there goes my inner Jar-Jar again. Banner has the Hulk and I get stuck with Jar Jar Binks. Ohhhh the humanity. I may need a "lude" afterall 
    SprinkleOtterSumoLegogmonkey76VorpalRyu
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,239
    pxchris said:
    The first rule of the Internet, thou shalt not feed the trolls.

*shuts mouth firmly*
    This isn't the first time we've had this script.
    SprinkleOtterpharmjodSumoLegogmonkey76VorpalRyuBaby_Yodapxchris
    Pitfall69 said:
    I may need a "lude" afterall 
    It's right next to your lava lamp and the keys to your Gremlin.
    gmonkey76VorpalRyu
    SumoLego said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    I may need a "lude" afterall 
    It's right next to your lava lamp and the keys to your Gremlin.
    I thought I left a stash behind my 8 track player. I check after Hendrix finishes his guitar solo.
    gmonkey76VorpalRyuLittleLori
  • gantaratgantarat bangkok,thailandMember Posts: 35
    Surprise ! that thread still active.

Also look like Lepin Gundam not get release ?