Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Separating Collections

iliketoastiliketoast AustraliaMember Posts: 251

Is it possible to maintain two separate collections under the one username?

I use brickset to keep track of both my sets and those of my kids. I have created a tag to flag my kids sets when it is one that only they own. For the most part I can remember who owns each set, however, there are now a number of themes and sets that now overlap between us. While I do mark the owned box with more that one set, the tags will flag the entire collection.

For example, my son owns 71160 Batman Talon attack, so I have marked my collection with 'I own (1) of this set' and added my own 'for the kids' tag. But for set 75929 Carnotaurus Gyrosphere Escape we each own 1, I have marked 'I own (2) of this set' but if I select my 'for the kids' tag it will flag both of these. I don't use the ACM for this because I find that it can be tedious to edit, and there is no quick visual guide as to what has been entered.

Comments

• Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,081
    edited February 25
    If you find the ACM to be too tedious, then I'm afraid you might be in a pickle, since that's probably the most intuitive solution available. You could always set up private BrickLists for each collection, but since they function separately to collections you'll miss out on all the convenient extras like graphical analysis and summaries.
  • iliketoastiliketoast AustraliaMember Posts: 251
    Essentially, what I'm looking for is a way to keep track of my kids collections on this site, but have them excluded from my collection when I'm browsing sets and minifigs that I own.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,357
    The easiest way is to create multiple accounts, I'm afraid.
    SumoLegoSprinkleOtter
    ^ That’s what I thought. I was hoping I could avoid it as I mostly visit Brickset on a mobile device that keeps me logged in...
    SumoLego
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,428
    Use two different browsers. That might solve the logged in issue.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,495
    The Android Brickset App allows you to quickly switch accounts in-App.
    Astrobricks
    Any suggestions for iOS?
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,171
    Any suggestions for iOS?
    You could try the separate browsers idea. One in Safari, and one in Chrome?