Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Finch Dallow Bomber minifigure

Comments

• 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,568
    It's mostly retired; do you suppose they're making more because they know a lot of us will buy another just for Finch?
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 1,004

^If there was ever a suitable time for a House of Cards meme...

"You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment"

And, yes, I've just ordered one!

• thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 437
    ShopDisney has it for around $94. There's a code for an extra 25% off - extra25. You can also get a code for your first order - you just need to use an email they don't have in their system (sign up with a new email). Takes it down to ~70. It was $75 with tax for me. Now, of course, I don't know if these are the new ones or the old ones.
  • eddieweddiew South JerseyMember Posts: 80
    thenos said:
    ShopDisney has it for around $94. There's a code for an extra 25% off - extra25. You can also get a code for your first order - you just need to use an email they don't have in their system (sign up with a new email). Takes it down to ~70. It was $75 with tax for me. Now, of course, I don't know if these are the new ones or the old ones.
    Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately for me, it sold out while I was checking out. Not a big surprise, though, since it was a limit 20!
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 520
    @Lobot, likewise although I still think it’s a long shot. 
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 860
    Lobot said:

^If there was ever a suitable time for a House of Cards meme...

"You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment"

And, yes, I've just ordered one!

brickedin said:
    @Lobot, likewise although I still think it’s a long shot. 
    Can you report back which version did you get out of curiosity?
    Of course 
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 534
    Three months back order...  Is that the lead time for a new production run?  Or for the ship to come from the US?
  • LaurenceESLaurenceES Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 33
    Is there anyone here who has ordered one of these sets from Amazon.co.uk?   Their site seems to have old box images but an updated picture of the set laid out showing Finch in the bottom left of the image just to the left of the bomb bay doors.   Might risk an order and return it if it's the old version.
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 620
    The images on [email protected] UK for the now “non retired” Resistance Bomber still show the old minifigure, and not Finch.. Chances are they haven’t updated the images on the website as yet, and all will be good (also considering that the instructions have been updated) but we won’t know what we are getting in the UK till April..

At this rate I’m going to be able to reproduce the Resistance Bomber fleet one for one.. something I didn’t really think about when this set first appeared..
    560Heliport
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 860
    edited January 2019
    Well it's currently on backorder on S&H with  shipped by 11 Apr 2019 so curious to know which figure will it include?

Now I know what you meant by that comment.
    alijoezac said:
    Three months back order...  Is that the lead time for a new production run?  Or for the ship to come from the US?

• BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,718
    I'm in for one. 30% sounds like a great discount - until you realise it's still £70. I love the pilot minifigs in it though.
    I spoke with Lego customer service yesterday and although they would not guarantee it they seemed really confident customers would get the updated set as all shipments would come from updated stock.  They also appeared to be quoting from a prepared statement as the question has come up several times already.  Any way they seemed really positive  so fingers crossed until April.

I was fortunate enough to cover most of the cost with VIP points and they said it would be free to return if I got an old set so nothing lost by trying.
    Fireheartomnium
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,380
    edited January 2019
    Do people actually like this set or are people really paying $70+ solely for a minifigure that's about to become mainstream? 
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 2,103
    ^ What makes you say its about to be mainstream, at least in Europe it cant be found and the set is sold out again on lego.com?
    Bumblepantssid3windr
    For me it’s the box art, one with correct minifigure, and one without.. 
    LaurenceES
    I thought I'd wait to order the Resistance Bomber till there was another freebie available. Year Of The Pig just started so though this pull the trigger. But there's no sign of it on the website now. Not sold out, or out of stock. Just gone. I even went into my history but the page can't be found. Maybe its been taken down temporarily whike they update the images with Finch? Fingers crossed it comes back again still at 30% off.

I was watching a Finch on eBay (out of interest) and it just sold for over £150!!!!
    If it's backorderered in Europe, shipping in April, sounds to me like a new production run. Is the ship in the new series, "Resistance"? That could explain a new run, and also why they're "fixing" the pilot figure. Does anyone know anything about any LEGO sets for the new series? I've seen Hasbro's action figures in stores.  
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,950
    ^ Multiple Resistance sets in the upcoming April wave, should be interesting to see how they shape up as i’ve seen no visual leaks on the ship designs so far.
    welo999
    Fireheart said:
    For me it’s the box art, one with correct minifigure, and one without.. 
    I agree, having both boxed sets and I guess an interesting story (for Lego collectors anyway, judging by the look of bewilderment my family gave me), I would like both sets side by side.  But regardless I hope the minifigure becomes mainstream via a new set otherwise Lego would have just created unnecessary demand on eBay for a rare minifig which is something Lego customer service say they try to discourage.
    75188 has now disappeared from [email protected] UK.. so I spoke to customer service, and you can still order if you call them @£69.99 delivery for April. 

also when I first started a online chat with CS, they said would I like a replacement correct Finch minifigure (head and helmet) for the sets I have already purchased! As they were not aware of the set being un retired (which after double checking they did see it was on backorder again) so if you don’t want to purchase a new set, then you can order FOC the new head and helmet. :)
    BrainsluggedBumblepantsgmonkey76sonatine01Astrobricks
    Following the advice from @Fireheart, I just spoke to customer service and she wasn't very helpful. She tried to help, but just didn't seem to be able to do anything. She said because the set wasn't on the website, she wasn't able to order it and they didn't have any of the minifigures to send out. She just suggested keeping an eye on the website to see if it comes back.

So then I tried an online chat to ask if I could order the set, but within a couple of mins the guy said he'd send out a Finch for me seeing as I already owned the set! Would still be tempted to order another set if it comes back in stock as I do really like all the pilots in it - especially the one with the classic helmet. Or (most likley) I'll just blow that 70 quid on other Lego sets.
    sonatine01FowlerBricks
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,219
    samiam391 said:
    Do people actually like this set or are people really paying $70+ solely for a minifigure that's about to become mainstream? 
    He's actually made out of paladium.  You just need to scratch off that silly plastic coating.
    jlpython
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 737
    Thanks @Fireheart and @Brainslugged just used online chat and managed to get a figure sent out although I couldnt order the set. I did ask if it was going to be in stock again and was told I’d have to wait and see.
    Fireheart
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 737
    By the way never used their online chat before but found it much more helpful than talking over the phone with them and endlessly better than companies like Amazon so thumbs up Lego :-)
    BrainsluggedBumblepantsSumoLego
    I just used online chat to ask about Finch and they're sending me two heads and two helmets for Finch- I have two Resistance Bombers. They are out of stock of the torso, but could have sent the legs, but I really only need the heads and helmets. I love LEGO Customer Service!
    Astrobricksgmonkey76
    I just had the same conversation and was told it was most likely that the set I have ordered will contain the finch, unfortunately they had no replacement parts left to send out, so here’s hoping. 
    edited January 2019
    SMC said:
    ^ What makes you say its about to be mainstream, at least in Europe it cant be found and the set is sold out again on lego.com?
    Very fair, I did a poor job at explaining my point.

This feels very much like the typical hysteria over an item that will be much more commonly available soon enough. It is akin to SDCC panic- on day 1 release of the figure people pay $350 for it on eBay, but if they merely waited two weeks they'd get it for $90. It's the same script almost every time.

I would expect Finch Dallow to be no different no matter the scenario:
    1. He does not remain exclusive and is re-released in a microfighter or another set in the future. Dropping his price to a few dollars.
    2. He remains "exclusive" only in this set and people now know he is a "chase" figure. eBay starts to pile up with Finch figures. There is no way that this figure is that rare- it was produced in high enough quantities to put in a set, change the box art, change the instructions... that's no minor change. There are plenty of these and as people begin to recognize the opportunity to make a sizeable profit they will hit eBay. Now that this information is out, more sets will be purchased and more Finch will be put on eBay. Due to the newfound success of the set, it's possible LEGO could continue to produce it in markets where it is not retired. When I checked three days ago there was 1 Finch on eBay now there are now 4 with multiple already sold. Lots of random thoughts there, but the main point is that I think supply will greatly out weigh demand at some point in the future and that's better to wait.

I just think that if you don't actually like the set, it's not the best decision to make the immediate purchase of $70 just to see if you maybe get the figure. I believe with enough time, as supply/demand works, the figure will become very affordable for everyone- less than $70 at least.
    AstrobricksSumoLegopharmjod
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,552
    maybe it comes with the UCS Supremacy
    Hmmm... we should exercise some prudence before some typical hysteria?

Blah.  That's no fun.  Rampant panic is much more engaging!
    BumblepantsbrickedinCovigmonkey76M1J0ESprinkleOtter
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    @samiam391 Good point. I think the fact that they've not only done another production run, but made a significant change for that run, indicates that they want to push sales for this set. Perhaps they play an important role in Episode 9 and Disney wants the set to stick around til then?
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,950
    ^ Let's hope they've made an improvement to the thrusters and armour of the bombers this time! (Assuming the bombers return)
    GothamConstructionCoBaby_Yoda
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 553
    edited January 2019
    @Lobot I don't think it's unreasonable to assume it will have the new figure. It can always be returned if it doesn't.
    Lobot
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 553
    edited January 2019
    @Lobot Apologies, didn't realise I was on page one when I made the comment above. Given that I was replying to your comment from a week ago, mine is now hopelessly out of date. Please disregard! :)
    Lobot
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 505
    Has anyone ordered this set from [email protected] in the last couple of weeks? Any luck with inclusion of Finch?
  • GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 183
    ^ I ordered it about a week and a half ago and it did not come with Finch.
    bluedragon
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,979
    I also ordered one and it was Finchless. It went back to the local store.
    bluedragon
  • GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 183
    RichboyJhae made a video about the new Stormtrooper already being updated. It now has LBG squares on the back of its helmet.

I hope these running updates don't become a common occurrence.
    SumoLego
    (Cough cough... Death Star... cough cough...)
    gmonkey76SprinkleOtter
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    Has the updated Version (incl.Finch) been seen in Europe? I‘ve ordered the Set,but not sure if we here in Europe can even get the updated Version?
  • jlpythonjlpython ILLINOIS, USAMember Posts: 77
    I received mine today from an order last week, and it did not include Finch either. I am glad I pulled the trigger though, as it was slightly discounted and looks to be a pretty good set overall. 
    I received my two Finch Dallow heads and helmets from LEGO Customer Service yesterday, 8 days after I ordered them. :) :) :)
    Of course, if I see the new version of the set, I'll probably buy it... (probably? more like, certainly).
    @Fauch a UCS Supremacy with a Microfighter Resistance Bomber would definitely get my money!
    There are now 12 Finch on eBay, the price has already dropped to below $100. There's also 15 on Bricklink.

Leaves somewhat a bitter taste in my mouth to see a few listed for sale with a picture of the Finch figure on top of a bricks and pieces bag.
    gmonkey76MegtheCatSumoLegodatsunrobbiestlux560Heliportsid3windrMr_Cross
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,690
    ^Yes it only takes a few bad apples to ruin the bunch. LEGO Customer Service has been great every time I've had to use them. I would hate to see that end just so some people could make a buck.
    SumoLegoMr_Cross
    (This is why they don't normally permit individual minifigures to be acquired through Bricks and Pieces or Customer Service.)
    Pitfall69
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,133
    I ordered a bomber mid-January from the store online, hoping it would be an updated version.  It wasn't, but CS sent me a replacement parts, which was nice.  Then, last weekend I went to visit my local store just to look around.  Looking through the discounted/clearanced boxes, I saw 2 Bombers, discounted to $76... and one of them was the updated box.  I was pretty shocked to see it there, especially discounted that much. Snatched it up as soon as I noticed the new figure on the box.
    RSHUFireheartAstrobrickssid3windrMaddinBricks
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 1,004

Looks like the 11th April may have been a little pessimistic:

Does anyone know if the above item no differs from older sets? 

Worst case scenario I've finally added Admiral Holdo to my minifigure collection!