BrickHeadz Ending?

1235»

Comments

• iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,035
    "Currently"
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 734
    I'm guessing they may be available as a two-pack as well, a la Rey and Kylo Ren.
    Aanchir
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 673
    Lego likes money. I'm confident they'll want to make that money in other countries too. We may have to wait a few months though.
    dmcc0
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 998
    I chatted to CS last night after hearing a rumour elsewhere that TLM2 Brickheadz weren't coming to Europe. I was told that they (CS) didn't have a release schedule for those sets but to keep a close eye on the shop... don't know what that really means, probably that they just don't have any information. I was told that they are Wal-mart and Target exclusives in the states.
    So, no news really.
    sid3windr
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,697
    Out of stock now
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 487
    This all smells like a Funko marketing executive has joined LEGO.. “Let’s do some exclusive deals with large US stores, and make the product exclusive and hot items.. “

Seems to have worked if they are already sold out..
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,467
    Store exclusives aren’t exactly a new thing for LEGO.
    SumoLegoAanchir
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 998
    Ayliffe said:
    Be excellent to each other an' such.
    Indeed, always try to.
    Party on dude!

Ayliffegmonkey76HugeYellowBrick
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 264
    edited February 7

Can confirm that this is exactly what that phrase means - us lot in customer service didn't know jack about the exclusivity until they popped up on Walmart's website publicly so we're about as in the dark as everyone else here. I'm really personally hoping that they do pop up elsewhere in the world (my mum really wants a Wyldstyle one a'right) but we simply haven't heard anything about it yet so it's just a waiting game at the mo.

Also it's probably a given, but if any of you do decide to let CS know your thoughts on this (and any other exclusive sets TLG have done recently for that matter), please be polite and understanding towards the person you're speaking with? Decisions about distribution are made by the higher-ups in Billund and not Jimbo from CS that you're speaking to on the phone - we'll happily pass that feedback on and make sure it gets heard, but the more understanding y'all are towards us lot on the frontline the easier that it gets for us to pass stuff on.

I mean, most people here probably already have this in mind but I just thought I'd give it another nudge for anyone motivated to contact CS for the first time, y'know? Be excellent to each other an' such.
    Being from USA, I've only dealt with Enfield's team, but  I figure if they're any indication, LEGO's customer service is probably the greatest in the world...
    Mr_CrossAyliffegmonkey76CM4SOnebricktoomanyLittleLori
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,563
    The up-side of them being sold out before I even realized they were available is that I don't have to agonize over how many to buy. 
    shikadiSumoLegoMr_CrossOnebricktoomany
  • GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 175
    MandR Productions claimed in his review video that at least Emmet and Lucy will be available again later, and they're not limited to the 5,000. I don't know about his credibility.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,875
    Zero unless he's a LEGO corporate person, which he's not. But I don't disagree with the assessment.
    SumoLegoGremergmonkey76CM4S
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,905
    I'm sure some folks in the Legal Department would take issue with slapping limited edition numbers on some boxes, and then producing more.

If they came in a two-pack, that's probably enough to distinguish the labeling/marketing.

Wal-Mart would also get in some consumer protection hot-water for advertising its limited number... and then there are a mess more available.
    AanchirAyliffegmonkey76
    pharmjod said:
    Zero unless he's a LEGO corporate person, which he's not.
    Always scrutinize the source!
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,875
    They did it in reverse for Kylo and Rey. "Limited edition" two pack then wide release singles.
    SumoLegogmonkey76AanchirBaby_Yoda
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 348
    40350 Easter Chick marked as "Coming Soon on 1 April 2019" at [email protected]
    I've seen people buying these for more than 50€... (/insert facepalm)
    sid3windr
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    pharmjod said:
    They did it in reverse for Kylo and Rey. "Limited edition" two pack then wide release singles.
    I don't know why, but all of a sudden, I'm picturing Tupac tossing Kraft singles onto babies faces.
    pharmjodBaby_Yodagmonkey76Fizyx
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    SumoLego said:
    The up-side of them being sold out before I even realized they were available is that I don't have to agonize over how many to buy. 
    Definitely buy three.
    I showed that SNL skit to the family recently and it still makes me laugh. One of my favorite parts is when the kid asks what his wife thought? The guy stares lifeless up at the sky with the music playing in the background. 

So, yes, to reiterate: One to open and play with, one to.keep.sesled and one "just in case".
    SumoLegogmonkey76Switchfoot55
    My wife branded me a dork.  She didn't think it was funny.
    Pitfall69gmonkey76Switchfoot55
    Just in case you were wondering if we are in the waning times of Brickheadz...

This is certainly the end of the line...
    Switchfoot55
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,779
    ... until the next one.

Although talking of using things that haven't sold very well to promote orders, they are doing this here...

Get a free set that hasn't sold very well when you buy another set that hasn't sold very well.

Yes, a free year of the dog set. In 2019, the year of the pig.

sid3windrgmonkey76Baby_Yoda
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 776
    Uhoh, Brexit clearly having an effect on availability!  No more Year of the Pig sets to give out!

Switchfoot55
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 238
    It was Year of the Pig for a while.  Blowing out inventory!!!
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 487
    The Ghost has disappeared from [email protected]

Anybody have a spare?
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 210
    Muftak1 said:
    The Ghost has disappeared from [email protected]

Anybody have a spare?
    Still there for me with a limit of 50.
  • ersiersi SlovakiaMember Posts: 220
    wow it actually disapeared, happy that I have ordered 2 of them
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 113
    Ghost is still available in the US [email protected] Although I guess I will have to make sure to get one soon just in case!

Lady Liberty is out of stock. Several other seasonals are still available.
  • CathyVTCathyVT VermontMember Posts: 87
    autolycus said:
    Ghost is still available in the US [email protected] Although I guess I will have to make sure to get one soon just in case!

Lady Liberty is out of stock. Several other seasonals are still available.

I'm hoping to wait until the scarecrow is also available. The seasonals don't tend to sell out fast...
    Its disappeared 1-2 days ago, after being "Out of stock" and the Witch returned in its place. And the bad management of BrickHeadz continues...
    sid3windrFizyxSwitchfoot55
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 487
    Dammit!
    It's still available on the US site, but because of this post my sister and I went to check our local store, and we got the last two they had in stock, and they were really unsure if they were going to get any more.  I think they are proving to be way more popular than the other seasonal BHz, so they might be in short supply.
    ersi
  • ersiersi SlovakiaMember Posts: 220
    Look what is comming very soon(October 2019) sorry for bad quality of photo.
    Also ghost brickheadz is not available anywhere near me, it was available for 2 days and it is gone.

Baby_YodaSteveG
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,779
    Maybe the availability of the ghost is a marketing trick. Limit supply at the start, everyone thinks it is going to be a rare one and loads sell at full RRP ...

Fizyx
    ^Yeah, I've thought about that too.
    But then again, we had Mickey, Minnie, Groot+Rocket, ... So, not so sure. The Easter Chick disappeared pretty fast as well.

^^Those look cool!
    Fizyx
  • 1x11x1 Member Posts: 122
    Jack and Sally went really quickly as well.
    SumoLego
    The entire last wave of Brickheadz were very short-lived.  HP, Disney and Star Wars.
    Even this year's seasonals Valentine's Puppy and Easter Chick went away very fast. Lady Liberty seems to be an exception, and the Birthday Clown is not restricted to a certain time period.
  • RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 346
    It's interesting that a couple of people now have said the Easter Chick disappeared quite fast. Both that set and, I think, the puppy have been discounted in my local Lego store for the last couple of months. They had at 5 or 6 of the chicks left today with a third off and a couple of the puppies.
    Switchfoot55gmonkey76
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,563
    It's just really bothering me that Kylo Ren will be getting a 2nd BH. Could they not have found another character from Episode 9 to match up? I know the first is without his mask and this is clearly with the mask, but still.

At least give me red-eye threepio instead of a repeat character!
    jnscoelho said:
    Even this year's seasonals Valentine's Puppy and Easter Chick went away very fast. Lady Liberty seems to be an exception, and the Birthday Clown is not restricted to a certain time period.
    Lady Liberty is out of stock on the US site, so I'm sure the availability in the EU is similar to a lot of the other US-centric sets (especially the landmark architecture sets) that sell out more quickly/stay at full price in the US while sticking around forever at heavy discounts in non-US markets.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,467
    It's just really bothering me that Kylo Ren will be getting a 2nd BH. Could they not have found another character from Episode 9 to match up? I know the first is without his mask and this is clearly with the mask, but still.

At least give me red-eye threepio instead of a repeat character!
    We need at least one all glow-in-the-dark force ghost BH.
    Switchfoot55560Heliportgmonkey76ersisonatine01sid3windr
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 872
    ^That would sell like mad just for the glow-in-the-dark parts!
    FizyxAstrobrickssid3windr
    ^That would sell like mad just for the glow-in-the-dark parts!
    The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, and... I have a problem.  Just about any time I see a glow in the dark piece on bricklink, it ends up in my order.  A Glow in the dark BHz would end in disaster for me ;_;
    Switchfoot55Legogramgmonkey76Astrobricksdmcc0SteveGsid3windr