Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

BrickHeadz Ending?

Comments

• Golem25Golem25 Western EuropeMember Posts: 33
    I will not miss the BrickHeadz as sets.
    I will most definitely miss them as parts packs, though. Sure, I haven't figured out a use for all the 'brain' pieces, but I will! Eventually!
    SumoLegoMegtheCatOnebricktoomany
  • SteveGSteveG TNMember Posts: 33
    I'll miss. I prefer to collect smaller sets and Brickheadz fit in perfectly for me. Unfortunately, I didn't discover them early enough and have had to work to fill in the ones that are already retired. I did hit a jackpot recently when I found several sets on closeout on the Best Buy website. Grabbed a lot of them at half retail. Now I just need to decide if I really want to pay $30 for a single Brickhead now to complete the ones that I want. 
    Switchfoot55Onebricktoomany
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 413
    Have put mine up for sale in Marketplace, those who might want any
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,805
    Now we have the list of Lego movie 2 sets it is looking more unlikely that we will even get brickheadz for the movie. It would be odd not to get the one that appears in the movie but it could be the 9.99 set that is listed or that could just make it part of a larger set. 
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 464
    ^ I guess I missed it... In which trailer do you see a BH appearing?
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,759
    jnscoelho said:
    ^ I guess I missed it... In which trailer do you see a BH appearing?
    There were early screenings apparently, so some folks have seen the whole thing.
    If you did, PLEASE mark your post as a SPOILER.
    edited January 2019
    ^ Not seen it, it was from a book I think. Think I've seen it in a trailer too but cant look for it at the moment. Thought it had something to do with yoga.
  • KeilupKeilup Frisco, TXMember Posts: 159
    dmcc0 said:
    ^ Or you'll move onto collecting a different theme and realise you have to go back and get all the stuff you missed previously:) 
    Or realize you're now collecting set's/themes that are 2-3 times more expensive than BH.
    SteveG
    Found it:

pharmjodOnebricktoomanyjnscoelhoBaby_YodaLittleLoriFowlerBricksAdzbadboy
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,898
    I'm betting the BrickHeadz will be in that sparkle and shine spa or whatever it's called set.
    Aanchir
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,411
    Liking the look of Zen Bunny.
    Switchfoot55LittleLoriAanchir
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 464
    Not really into the Zen Bunny, perhaps because it barely looks like a BrickHeadz.
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,754
    I was just at a local Bartell Drugs store (I believe a Northwest specific chain) looking for TLM2 CMFs and looked through their other Lego offerings (a surprising selection that never goes on sale). They had several BHz going back to the original releases (still at $10). 

Not sure if anyone is missing any early ones that I could help out? Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Vader, Chewbacca, Beast, and Iron Man Mk50. There may have been one or two others. 

With them being discontinued, and a potential nice resell value in the future, I'm considering stocking up on a few myself. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,568
    edited February 2019
    SumoLego said:
    I would be surprised if TLM2 Brickheadz appeared.  If they put the kibosh on the line that ended production - now.  Then there definitely aren't any on the horizon.
    Looks like I stand corrected!  They're not dead yet!  Perhaps clearing the market of all of the others will boost the sales on these?
    BumblepantsBaby_Yoda
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,161
    SumoLego said:
    SumoLego said:
    I would be surprised if TLM2 Brickheadz appeared.  If they put the kibosh on the line that ended production - now.  Then there definitely aren't any on the horizon.
    Looks like I stand corrected!  They're not dead yet!
    I bet you are partially right and they don't last long or get released outside of brand stores.
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 725
    The LM2 Brickheadz look good...I think!
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,323
    CM4S said:
    From my understanding trade partners in the EU did not receive or were not able to order the newest BH bunch (SW, GOTG, NMBC, Simpsons) because the line would be ending after this year.

I did hear a rumor about some TLM2 BrickHeadz though. Marcos' comment could just be a diversion. 

If the TLM2 rumor is true, please for the love of god, LEGO, do not give them ears like last time.
    Hey, rumor was true. And they have ears. Why do they have ears. Sigh.

BrickByBrick
    I bet you are partially right and they don't last long or get released outside of brand stores.
    Well, I can't claim any credit for my speculation based on no actual knowledge.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,850
    CM4S said:
    CM4S said:
    From my understanding trade partners in the EU did not receive or were not able to order the newest BH bunch (SW, GOTG, NMBC, Simpsons) because the line would be ending after this year.

I did hear a rumor about some TLM2 BrickHeadz though. Marcos' comment could just be a diversion. 

If the TLM2 rumor is true, please for the love of god, LEGO, do not give them ears like last time.
    Hey, rumor was true. And they have ears. Why do they have ears. Sigh.
    I think the ears were to be expected after the Master Wu BrickHeadz figure from The LEGO Ninjago Movie had them.
    RogerKirk
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 315
    I'm curious why they waited to reveal these; though technically they haven't revealed them officially.  
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 879
    These actually make good gift with purchases.  Brickheadz are small and having a variety to choose from means people are willing to make multiple purchases.
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 683
    Still not a big fan, but will very likely pick up Benny... because, space!
    PJ76ukdmcc0Mr_Cross
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,529
    Emmet and Lucy Brickheadz now listed at Walmart as "Walmart Exclusive"

Bumblepants
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,899
    Emmet and Lucy Brickheadz now listed at Walmart as "Walmart Exclusive"

Ha, and for $5 more than they should be.
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 407
    And not at LEGO... Huh...I don't know that I like this...
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 171
    Thanks for the heads up!!

Ordered mine! Almost did 2 of each (1 to build, 1 for NISB), but decided to let others enjoy. Who needs a box sitting around unopened forever?!
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 307
    Y'know, for a company that hates resellers and scalpers they sure do make it incredibly easy for them huh
    560Heliportsid3windr
    (LEGO only makes money on the initial sale.)
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    So which store will have Benny and Sweet Mayhem?

I went ahead & ordered one of each for pickup, but I am annoyed at the elevated price. 
    davetheoxygenman
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 764
    I've just ordered 2 of each using USGoBuy! Has anyone else used the site to buy Walmart goods for shipping to the UK?
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    SumoLego said:
    (LEGO only makes money on the initial sale.)
    But Lego is happy to know that people will buy 2 initially.....for whatever the reason :)
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 508
    Would anyone in the US be able to pick up an extra 1 of each to ship to Ireland?
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,342
    I've just ordered 2 of each using USGoBuy! Has anyone else used the site to buy Walmart goods for shipping to the UK?
    How much did that come to? 
    I'm taking the risk and waiting for them to show up in uk
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,313
    Where does it say Emmet is limited? I can see the 5000 on Wyldstyle.

Although I don't really understand why they would limited either of those two. If you cannot buy all four characters - Emmet, Wyldstyle, Sweet Mayhem and Benny - will that put people off buying any of them? If you cannot get the main character, then why bother with the others. I could understand maybe doing a President Business or some other character as a limited one.

I wonder if the numbered 1/5000 ones will be stickered. If so, I imagine they will show up elsewhere in the world.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,047
    Odd that it says limited quantities available. It doesn’t confirm they’ll have all 5000 of them. Wishful thinking they’ll also be sold on the LEGO website. Depends how “exclusive” they are I guess.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,703
    I'm going to wait for a UK release - if they don't come over here, then to me they're identical to the SDCC 'releases' and other stuff like that, and I can safely ignore their existence...
    RogerKirksid3windrdmcc0TheOriginalSimonB
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,529
    @CM4S I did not notice that they were limited to 5000 when I posted yesterday, so I just ordered 2 of each. I wonder where Benny and Mayhem will turn up.
    CM4S
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,047
    ^They’ll be a UK store exclusive and we’ll all have to play Transatlantic swapsies ;-p
    sid3windrLuLego
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    I like brickheadz being more limited
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 764
    roxio said:
    How much did that come to? 
    I'm taking the risk and waiting for them to show up in uk
    So far I've paid $65.96 ($14.99 * 4 + 10% buying fee). Once they have it in their warehouse, I will then need to select shipping option to the UK. Once it arrives in the UK, i will have to pay import fee and VAT! They won't be cheap but they will probably still be cheaper than buying from US eBay seller. That's the hope anyway :-)
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 171
    The Brick Fan is reporting that he has heard the Sweet Mayhem Brickheadz will be sold at Target. No word yet on Benny.
    Thanks for the head up on these. Been a long time since I was on the leading edge of collecting and I miss getting things when they first come out. 
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 347
    CCC said:
    Where does it say Emmet is limited? I can see the 5000 on Wyldstyle.

Although I don't really understand why they would limited either of those two. If you cannot buy all four characters - Emmet, Wyldstyle, Sweet Mayhem and Benny - will that put people off buying any of them? If you cannot get the main character, then why bother with the others. I could understand maybe doing a President Business or some other character as a limited one.

I wonder if the numbered 1/5000 ones will be stickered. If so, I imagine they will show up elsewhere in the world.
    Walmart's website has been updated to show that he is also limited to 5,000. And there's a picture floating around of someone with an Emmett that has a sticker showing the number out of 5,000. 
    See below:

I would presume we'll have similar nonsense with Benny and Sweet Mayhem.  We're all getting wilfully bamboozled!
    gmonkey76
    It is how you guarantee a line sells out, make it a limited run.
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 508
    I'm going to assume zero chance of them appearing in Ireland

<angry faced emoji>
    SteveG said:
    It is how you guarantee a line sells out, make it a limited run.
    This makes me wonder what a 'standard' run of a particular set really is.  I'd guess that the Death Star run is probably 5000.  If they started numbering those, we'd be tripping all over ourselves until they do the following year's run of 5000.  We'd eventually figure it out.

If they do sell these out quickly, I'd be hard pressed to see a reason not to do another batch.  (Unless they already moved onto the next, more profitable set for production.)

I wonder if Mickey/Minnie were of a similar sized run, but they didn't bother to make a big deal about it.  Mr. Gold was a 5,000 run.  

Hmmm... maybe I should order a few more...

Uh, nevermind.
    Muftak1
    I owned a comic book store in the 90s. I saw so many people throw money way when things like variant covers started being made, limited print runs, and a dozen other publisher gimmicks to get people to buy everything in multiple copies.

I remember getting stuck with a few hundred Death of Superman comics after the spike and collapse of that book's price. We couldn't move them at all at $5 on a $2.50 cover price. Had a big box of them. Finally got smart, put the box in the back room, put "1" on the wall behind the register with a big sign that said 1st print run of DoS and a $15 price tag on it. Sold through all of them in about 2 months by letting that one sell, then getting another one out of the back room to take its place. I mean, it's on the wall, it must be worth the price. 

I almost bought a few Emmets and WyldStyles each when I reminded myself that I don't do that anymore and not only to I open then, I destroy the box as a way to force myself to collect for fun rather than profit. 
    dmcc0OnebricktoomanyReesesPiecesBaby_YodaSumoLegoLittleLori
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    Someone on the EB forum posted this, so maybe there is hope for the rest of the world!

OnebricktoomanySeanTheCollectorflordSumoLego