Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO FORMA

124»

Comments

• datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,487
    edited January 11
    I got 18 updates, all from [email protected] If you see no emails, try searching for them by the email address across all your mailboxes and they may turn up.
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,363
    Just had a text to say my LEGO order is arriving tomorrow. Looking promising!
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 279
    Nope, no emails about Forma, or from that email address, in any inbox or spam folder of mine. It's fine, I can read the updates on the Indiegogo page. :)
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,497
    Me too!
  • RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 350
    TheFew said:
    Me too!
    Same here. Very excited. I was confused at first as I forgot and thought I'd accidentally checked out the items in my basket at the Lego store. For a minute I thought I was going to be in big trouble with my wife.
    TheFewMuftak1
    Just got my super pack. But what the hell do I do with it now?
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 459
    Not had any emails re delivery only requests to complete surveys, also realised the phone number listed on indiegogo is my landline but haven't had an actual phone plugged in for years!

Just gonna have to hope the sets turn up...
  • rwsalesrwsales Member Posts: 47
    Mine has arrived too - koi and shark skin.
    PJ76uk
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 518
    Got mine as well, so a super box, is just the normal FORMA box, and skins sleaves packs, all sent as one package. And not a super box with all contents in one FORMA box....
    Arrived! Now just need to find time to build...

Addicted2Oxygen
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 518
    I wasn’t that impressed when I first opened the box.. but now I’m more interested! LOL.

There is another on ebay for £900 as well, but that’s just pushing it too far! 
    sid3windrBaby_Yoda
    Quick search on UK ebay shows £399 and £799 for the Koi and the 3 skins plus £900 for just the Koi!

Wonder if I could persuade the wife she doesn't really need/want hers and just share mine!
    DeMontes
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 567
    Those eBay prices are ridiculous - let’s see a sold one on there for a better idea if @PJ76uk should hide his wife’s one 😉 
    PJ76ukFizyx
    Yeah... Are they just the offer prices. Have any sold.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,041
    2 Koi basics kits are showing as sold today. One for £199... and one for £45.
    TheFewBaby_Yodasnowhitie
    Mine never arrived. Stuck in the depot still!
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 391
    I ordered two, one for me and one for my fathers birthday... only received one so far, no second shipping email / text yet.
  • jasonord69ajasonord69a UKMember Posts: 411
    I had a text yesterday saying my delivery would take place today. Unfortunately dhl are saying the delivery is delayed  :(
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,116
    Mine arrived yesterday and I have already built it with the default Koi skin.

Overall, I really like it and even the other half commented on how good it looks, so it's currently being displayed on the living room coffee table.

The mechanism is interesting and I do hope that TLG do put this theme into production, as it will be very interesting to see where they take it.

My only quibbles are, similar to the review on BS, that the skins do leave a lot of the internals visible, but it's not a major problem and that swapping the skins looks to be a little bit fiddly, what with having to pull out all the attachments, without inadvertently damaging the skins.

Anyway, I'm going to swap the skin for the shark one shortly and see how that looks. Daughter #2 is especially looking forward to seeing that one! :-)
    stluxMegtheCatSpeedman29Addicted2OxygensnowhitieFizyx
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,116
    ^I do agree, thinking about it. You do need to see the internals and seeing the gearing mechanism below as well, is good.

The shark skin looks excellent, but I think I still prefer the default Koi skin at the moment. I haven't tried the Splash Koi skin yet, though.
    PJ76ukFizyx
    I felt the same @JudgeChuck , I had to change back to the default Koi skin from set #81000 as I felt it looked better than the shark #81001 despite my expectations. Will leave it that way for now, will try #81002 and #81003 skins another day!
    Allegedly due for delivery late this afternoon.

I picked the main set and shark skin only. I'm planning on using my wifes card cutting machine to produce some different skins, thinking dragons or similar. As long as the attachment points align and nothing catches it should work fine.
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBFizyx
  • Djblythe05Djblythe05 NorthantsMember Posts: 35
    Arrived this morning, now need to wait for children to go to bed so i can put it together in peace. 
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    I have had a Lego delivery at home today. I have nothing outstanding from Lego so hoping this is it! I have received a few emails over the last few weeks, feedback etc

Pint, slice of Christmas cake and a bit of TV set. Let's get building....

Djblythe05
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 289
    ^ gotta love Mr Portillo and his great railway journeys!
    Speedman29
    Gibbo1959 said:
    ^ gotta love Mr Portillo and his great railway journeys!
    His series are enjoyable viewing. Have you caught Chris Tarrant's Extreme Railways on Ch5? Another interesting program!.

Back on Forma, my daughter was blown away by the fish and its movement. She has named it Puffer! Now I have to swap to the shark skin tonight. Oh and can I buy another set for her so she can make her own fish!
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 765

You still have Xmas cake left in the middle of January? Would be long gone in my house
    dmcc0 said:
    You still have Xmas cake left in the middle of January? Would be long gone in my house
    There were too many other treats that needed eating up first!

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,043
    dmcc0 said:

I bought some yesterday. At 20p a pop, I've got enough christmas cake for the next three months.
  • lord_relishlord_relish Member Posts: 17

oh oh.....

I understand that the US shipments won't occur for another week or so, but I have changed mailing addresses since I ordered mine.  is there any way to contact them and change the address?  I surely don't want to lose this by having it sent to an old address.

anyone else tried to do this?

• lee1980lee1980 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 34
    I built mine last nite, really cool I like it, the movement to me looks very realistic and the was the skins bend around works well overall. I hope we see more and are able to buy more skins as I just got the standard Koi.
    Will appeal to more and be one to put on display more to.
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 354
    Has anyone in the US received an update or the set yet?  I haven't heard a peep.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 835
    daewoo said:
    Has anyone in the US received an update or the set yet?  I haven't heard a peep.
    I received mine a week and a half ago.
    They send update emails saying they were looking into the damaged skins and the people affected by it will have delayed shipment.
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    I got mine on Saturday. They never sent me a shipping notice, I just got an email from USPS that a package was on the way and I was trying to guess what it was. 

I built it and it's on my desk. It's really nice as a desk accouterment
    I haven't received mine either (SF, CA). Also not a peep from them. I got the update email about damaged skins but no communication about whether mine is one of them, or a tracking number, shipment notification, etc.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 835
    Come to think of it, I never received a shipping confirmation or anything saying mine was shipped.  It was just a pleasant surprise when I opened the package to find what it was.
  • tomahawkertomahawker Member Posts: 174
    I received mine on Saturday.  No email notification either.  I was surprised to see it was shipped from the Chicago area fulfillment center, just like any other [email protected] order.  
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 497
    ^Same here. In fact it arrived at the same time as my [email protected] order so I was confused at having 2 identical boxes.
    I contacted the Forma email address who got back to me promptly. Turns out I put the zip code of my home not my office, so FedEx returned it to sender. They're sending out a new one today. :)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,043
    edited March 8
    I've seen a few people asking about skins (mainly elsewhere). Remember you can download this PDF if you don't mind printing and colouring one in.

^ the advantage of buying an official skin pack, such as #81001 , #81002 and #81003 is they come with the pins to connect to a frame which I believe is the only part currently unavailable if you try building your own from the recently released instructions for #81000
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,557
    PJ76uk said:
    ^ the advantage of buying an official skin pack, such as #81001 , #81002 and #81003 is they come with the pins to connect to a frame which I believe is the only part currently unavailable if you try building your own from the recently released instructions for #81000
    Where are the instructions available? They aren’t on BS yet.
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 567
    From the Brickset front page article here Build your own Forma Koi

If you weren't able to buy the FORMA set that resulted from LEGO's first foray into crowdfunding and want to have a go at building it yourself, you can now download the instructions to do so.
    PJ76ukLittleLori