Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Does anybody know the value of these Exo Force banners?

pimr1709pimr1709 NetherlandsMember Posts: 3
Hi, I've found these 2 retail banners in my attic. I got them from a local shop in the Netherlands in 2006. I tried google to look for a price or whatever but I just can't find anything about these banners. Anybody have an idea? They're roughly 60x20 cm and double sided. In relative great condition!
FowlerBricks

Comments

• SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    Exo-Force wasn't a popular theme with adult collectors. Bionicle, either, but Bionicle at least was around for almost a decade to attract a following.

Just taking a look at Exo-Force sets that have sold, I see very few, and for not a lot of money. (I know this isn't a direct comparison, but it does give some example of how popular the theme was)

That said, I am interested in these, if the price and shipping are right.
    Do you know where these were used? I thought LEGO stores used much larger ones. What are they made out of, and which two sides go together?

Thanks!
  • pimr1709pimr1709 NetherlandsMember Posts: 3
    Exo-Force wasn't a popular theme with adult collectors. Bionicle, either, but Bionicle at least was around for almost a decade to attract a following.

Just taking a look at Exo-Force sets that have sold, I see very few, and for not a lot of money. (I know this isn't a direct comparison, but it does give some example of how popular the theme was)

Do you know where these were used? I thought LEGO stores used much larger ones. What are they made out of, and which two sides go together?

Thanks!
    Thank you for your comment! I thought they might've been rare since I can't find anything about them online.

They were used in a toy store that's, as far as I know, exclusive to the Netherlands called Top1Toys. Probably the reason why they didn't have any big banners. I think they're just plastic, but I'm not an expert in materials to be honest.

One displays sets 7701-1: Grand Titan and 7703-1: Fire Vulture. The other one displays sets 7700-1: Stealth Hunter and 7702-1: Thunder Fury.

I have no idea what to sell these banners for, since I've never sold anything LEGO. But shipping will be whatever the standard cost is to ship from the Netherlands. Hope that I gave you the info that you needed!
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,323
    They look the same size as the ones that hung on a right angle bracket on the sides of TrU shelves. Sort of section dividers for the stock
    pimr1709 said:

Thanks!
    Thank you for your comment! I thought they might've been rare since I can't find anything about them online.

They were used in a toy store that's, as far as I know, exclusive to the Netherlands called Top1Toys. Probably the reason why they didn't have any big banners. I think they're just plastic, but I'm not an expert in materials to be honest.

One displays sets 7701-1: Grand Titan and 7703-1: Fire Vulture. The other one displays sets 7700-1: Stealth Hunter and 7702-1: Thunder Fury.

I have no idea what to sell these banners for, since I've never sold anything LEGO. But shipping will be whatever the standard cost is to ship from the Netherlands. Hope that I gave you the info that you needed!
    Thanks for the info!

Oh, I believe they are at least a little rare (but just keep in mind there is a difference between "rare" and "sought-after").

When I asked what they were made of, I guess what I should have asked is, are they flexible (as in, they would roll up into a shipping tube without being permanently bent/creased).
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 785
    Might be something worth holding on to. Younger AFOLs like myself loved Exo Force and the mechs were generally really impressive. Liked the Manga style characters too - felt like a legit license based on a cartoon even though it was an in-house IP. Having said that though, it’s already been 13 years since the theme and no one’s particularly looking for it, so seems less likely to grow in popularity in the future. Fantasy Castle in contrast is younger but far more sought after.

Love the banners - a great relic of the theme!
    Having said that though, it’s already been 13 years since the theme
    Holy cow, don't remind me...
  • pimr1709pimr1709 NetherlandsMember Posts: 3
    pimr1709 said:

Thanks!

Thanks for the info!

Oh, I believe they are at least a little rare (but just keep in mind there is a difference between "rare" and "sought-after").

When I asked what they were made of, I guess what I should have asked is, are they flexible (as in, they would roll up into a shipping tube without being permanently bent/creased).
    Sorry for the late reply. They are quite flexible, but if you bend them all the way it will definitely leave a mark. I think it would be better to ship them flat, but in a tube might work!