Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO CMF SERIES 20: How to bring back Mr Gold!

13»

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,936
    I think most buyers of CMF wouldn't want obscure characters that also don't appear in sets. Kids don't want to buy these and think hey who the hell is this then realise they have a character that got 7 seconds of screen time.

Of course, AFOLS or hardcore HP fans that are buying every HP set out there and all the CMF might want wider variation and obscure characters, but the core audience is probably very different.

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    I think Harry Potter fanatics are much like Star Wars fanatics; they want to collect everything. I want all the obscure characters in the OT. Screen time isn't much of a factor for me. I want all of the Cantina Minifigures and they had very little screen time. We are finally getting Zuckuss and I'm over the moon. How much screen time did IG-88, Boskk, Dengar, 4-Lom and Zuckuss have? Heck Boba Fett only had like 6 mins (I'm just guessing) of screen time across 2 movies. 
    gmonkey76VorpalRyuBumblepants
    ^We like to talk behind your back right in front of your face.
    gmonkey76SprinkleOtterSumoLegoVorpalRyupharmjoddmcc0
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,389
    samiam391 said:
    Just reading through this thread now and can't help but notice I'm referenced multiple times without ever blatantly being named...
    I think you just blew your cover.  In all fairness, I blame Pitfall.  He's to blame.
    VorpalRyugmonkey76SprinkleOtter
    ^He's like Voldemort; you aren't supposed to say his name.
    starwars4evergmonkey76SprinkleOtterSumoLego
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,236
    CCC said:
    I think most buyers of CMF wouldn't want obscure characters that also don't appear in sets. Kids don't want to buy these and think hey who the hell is this then realise they have a character that got 7 seconds of screen time.

Of course, AFOLS or hardcore HP fans that are buying every HP set out there and all the CMF might want wider variation and obscure characters, but the core audience is probably very different.

Then make obscure figures 'rare'. I think the hardcore fans and core audience are one in the same for HP. It is like Star Wars, you have the majority who buy as both avid collectors who want the obscure figures, and want the sets.

gmonkey76
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,221
    Just get over the 'Pokemon' mentality? I ended up grabbing all of the WW CMFs, except for the Harry and Ron figures (I grabbed Hermione to get the cat), because they're included in every HP set. That there were two Harry's in the set was of no consequence to me, as they were just two figures I could skip in my hunt. 

No kid is going to be dissapointed with getting Harry or Ron, and the avid collector is savvy enough to select the figures they want. I don't see an issue with their inclusion in the line? 
    CCC said:

Then make obscure figures 'rare'. I think the hardcore fans and core audience are one in the same for HP. It is like Star Wars, you have the majority who buy as both avid collectors who want the obscure figures, and want the sets.

Sure, I wouldn't mind that. They could easily do say 10 obscure characters, 1 (maybe 2) per box and then 10 common characters, 5 (maybe 4) per box.

For some kids, the only Harry Potter figures they have will come from the CMF series. They want a Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dobby, etc.
    SumoLego
    Again, let me reiterate, I'm not saying to completely remove Harry or any of the big characters from the WW Series; I'm saying that we don't need (3) of each minifigure and (2) of another version of Harry. Keep Harry , Ron and Hermione and put only 2 of each in the box. Then you can increase Percival to (2) and maybe add another character. If you decrease the "Big 3" to just (2) and get rid of the other Harry Potter with invisibility cloak, you would free up 5 spots. You could add the the minifigures from the Bricktober set. I dunno, I guess you guys rather pay $35+ for 4 minifigures (if you can get your hands on them) than have them in the WW Series and pay $3.99 or less for them.
    SumoLegoVorpalRyugmonkey76
    I think the case selection is based on those impulse buys by casual LEGO purchasers.  Grandma Smith buying three or four packs wants to see that the principal characters are a possibility.
    SprinkleOtterVorpalRyustlux560Heliport
    Pitfall69 said:
    I don't think I like the tone of your rebuttal. I am requesting an apology. 
    I don't like the tone of your rebutt-buttal.  I demand a pecan pie.
    SprinkleOttermadforLEGOVorpalRyuBumblepantsgmonkey76datsunrobbie
    ^I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
    SumoLegoLittleLorigmonkey76datsunrobbieSprinkleOtter
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,726
    edited January 2019
    SumoLego said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    I don't think I like the tone of your rebuttal. I am requesting an apology. 
    I don't like the tone of your rebutt-buttal.  I demand a pecan pie.
    Mmm pie. I want a French silk pie. 
    Pitfall69 said:
    ^I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
    Mmmm a bacon double cheese burger please.
    SprinkleOtter
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,236
    I wonder how Mr Gold tastes? Does he taste.. like victory?
    Pitfall69sid3windr
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 434
    ^ Mostly a bit crunchy, I’d say. 
    madforLEGOPitfall69SumoLegogmonkey76SprinkleOtter
    ^Well...I wouldn't eat Mr. Gold if I had one, but I would definitely sniff him.
    madforLEGOSumoLegodavetheoxygenmangmonkey76caterham7SprinkleOtter
    Pitfall69 said:
    ^Well...I wouldn't eat Mr. Gold if I had one, but I would definitely sniff him.
    He tastes like chicken.

(But I would recommend serving him with some fava beans and a nice chianti.)
    Pitfall69madforLEGOgmonkey76SprinkleOtter
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 317
    I wonder how Mr Gold tastes? Does he taste.. like victory?
    He tastes like a choking hazard
    SumoLegoPitfall69madforLEGOBaby_YodaPJ76ukAanchirgmonkey76caterham7SprinkleOtter
    So, with all this talk of Mr. Gold; I had a dream about him last night. It's driving me crazy. I need to find a way to obtain an authentic Mr. Gold that's still sealed in his bag.
    SprinkleOtterSumoLego
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    I hear tell of this place called eBay...
    Pitfall69SprinkleOttergmonkey76
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 946
    I hear they have Mr. Gold...and Internet...in Cali-forn-i-a...(poor South Park reference)
    Pitfall69SprinkleOtter
    pharmjod said:
    I hear tell of this place called eBay...
    The sarcasm is strong with this one. I'm requesting an apology for hurting my feelings.
    SprinkleOtterpharmjodSumoLegodavetheoxygenmansid3windrgmonkey76pxchris
    Pitfall69 said:
    I need to find a way to obtain an authentic Mr. Gold that's still sealed in his bag.
    I'll try to track down a Delorean.  Once you get the plutonium from the Libyans, we can solve this problem.  

(And I'll know where to put my money next week.)
    Pitfall69VorpalRyupharmjoddavetheoxygenmangmonkey76
    Pitfall69 said:
    The sarcasm is strong with this one. I'm requesting an apology for hurting my feelings.
    I demand an apology from everyone who didn't 'like' my cartoon/reanimator quip.  It's clever and funny!

And we all know this is nonsense.  You have no real emotions not directly connected to pony-sniffing or @Legoboy.  Never respond to my post again.  Or any post including sarcasm, hyperbole, irony (including colloquial irony, or situational irony, which really isn't irony, but Alanis Morissette ruined it for the grammar police), coincidences, happenstances or any quid pro quo, ad hominem, ad nauseam or carpe diem.
    davetheoxygenmanBaby_YodaVorpalRyusid3windrgmonkey76560HeliportPitfall69SprinkleOtter
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    Especially not carpe diem. I don't want anybody seizing my day.
    Pitfall69SumoLegoSprinkleOtter
    or going fishing.
    Baby_YodaPitfall69SumoLegoSprinkleOtter
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,395
    Pitfall69 said:
    So, with all this talk of Mr. Gold; I had a dream about him last night. It's driving me crazy. I need to find a way to obtain an authentic Mr. Gold that's still sealed in his bag.
    I have one for sale. Don't wait too long though; as I've always said, the price is going to only ever continue trending up.
    SumoLego
  • MaddinBricksMaddinBricks CanandaMember Posts: 21
    VorpalRyu said:
    ^ So what your saying is, if TLG ever do a Marvel CMF series it will be 12 different Iron Man armours & 8 other characters.

I hope not. I would like to see some more obscure characters in a CMF for marvel. maybe a x-force variant of wolverine or something of the like.

But consider TLBS 1&2 we got a bunch of Batman variants, and some cool side characters like Red Hood. 

VorpalRyumadforLEGO
    samiam391 said:
    Pitfall69 said:
    I have one for sale. Don't wait too long though; as I've always said, the price is going to only ever continue trending up.
    Oof.  That's just mean!
    Pitfall69SprinkleOtter
    VorpalRyu said:
    ^ So what your saying is, if TLG ever do a Marvel CMF series it will be 12 different Iron Man armours & 8 other characters.

I hope not. I would like to see some more obscure characters in a CMF for marvel.

It'll be six Spider-Man variants, six Iron Man variants, one Black Widow, one Thor, two Black Panthers, one Hawkeye, two Winter Soldiers and one Vision.

Yay!
    Baby_YodaVorpalRyuSprinkleOtter
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    And a chase minor character from Captain Marvel that's identical to its counterpart in the upcoming Endgame sets save for some arm printing that's actually crucial to its design.
    VorpalRyuBumblepants