Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General LEGO Movie 2 DIscussion

1111214161723

Comments

  • rawbobrawbob UKMember Posts: 517
    if there is any hint of James Corden, I'm going on instant dark age. he is a pollution.
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBdmcc0CM4SGolem25
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 288

    Out of your examples, the Lester one sounds the most possible, logical, funny and appropriate. I would like to see that. I am already picturing a tiny MOC with a ruined Nelsons column and an Apocalypse version of Lester, sitting on his own!

    At the very least, he'd have a Theresa May minifig to keep him company! 
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBBaby_Yoda
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 307
    edited January 21
    CCC said:
    Is she a well know person for young American kids? It will probably go over the heads of most British kids (and adults), appearing to be just a judge.

    They'll probably be able to just get away with it for the US audience, but for the UK and other countries it'll probably go soaring above heads more than people actually understanding the reference. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced her with someone else for the international versions like they did with the US newsreaders in TLNM - can't think of many (or, uh, any) proper judges or politicians that'd be well-received so maybe just bung in Judge Rinder off the telly and call it a day for the UK version I guess?
    CCC said:
    They could include a Nigel Farage-
    no
    Gibbo1959Mr_Crosssid3windrBOBJACK_JACKBOBBaby_Yoda
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,091
    @gmonkey76 wrote:
    Love her or hate her at 85 years old she should of retired long ago.  
    -Giggles-
    gmonkey76pharmjodThe_Stud
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 761
    Hey guys, isn't there an offer to buy a complete set of the LM2 CMFs? I think I saw the offer somewhere but I lost it in the thread. It might be from Minifigures Plus... I can't remember. Any help is appreciated!
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 559
    Hey guys, isn't there an offer to buy a complete set of the LM2 CMFs? I think I saw the offer somewhere but I lost it in the thread. It might be from Minifigures Plus... I can't remember. Any help is appreciated!
    https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/29637/lego-movie-series-2-collectible-minifigures-minifigures-plus-pre-order
    CaptainRogersmadforLEGOMegtheCat
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,822
    I suspect her inclusion is partly due to her being something of a feminist icon and even sort of an Internet meme: https://slate.com/human-interest/2015/03/notorious-r-b-g-history-the-origins-and-meaning-of-ruth-bader-ginsburgs-badass-internet-meme.html
    Considering the themes of the movie, that significance as a powerful role model for girls was probably a bigger factor than her political stances. Additionally, my brother pointed out on Facebook that with a Systar System wedding hinted at in some teasers, the writers might have been specifically looking for a well-known female judge to officiate.
    And honestly, a sense of out-of-nowhere randomness is part of what makes LEGO Movie cameo characters so fun, whether or not they’re well known. The LEGO Batman Movie certainly banked on that with many of its more obscure villains.
    560HeliportLyichirMegtheCatBaby_YodaThe_StudMattPetersen
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 761
    There it is! Many thanks. 
  • mafonmafon TushinoMember Posts: 48
    Ayliffe said:

    Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced her with someone else for the international versions like they did with the US newsreaders in TLNM - can't think of many (or, uh, any) proper judges or politicians that'd be well-received so maybe just bung in Judge Rinder off the telly and call it a day for the UK version I guess?
    Judge Trudy ? I ment judge Judy!
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,247
    Perhaps in the Australian version we'll get Pauline Hanson...
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,901
    Thoughts on the recently revealed Rexcelcior? I find it odd they are doing a $120 and $150 set of such similar subject matter. Seems like sales of one will canabalize the other. 
    The_StudBaby_YodaMr_Cross
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 737
    Thoughts on the recently revealed Rexcelcior? I find it odd they are doing a $120 and $150 set of such similar subject matter. Seems like sales of one will canabalize the other. 
    I think the subject matter isn't as similar as people make it out to be? Like, yes, the color schemes are similar, because they belong to the same character/faction, and they include the same characters, because they represent scenes in which those characters are separated from the rest of the cast. But the form, scale, and features of the two sets are completely different.

    I also think that for fans of Rex Dangervest or his faction's aesthetic, there could be a lot of people who hope to get both, rather than choose between the two. I mean, If we were getting two Classic Space spaceships at that price point I doubt we'd be seeing as many people pitting the two against one another.
    klintonMegtheCatThe_StudAanchirsid3windrMr_Cross
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 559
    Lyichir said:

    I mean, If we were getting two Classic Space spaceships at that price point I doubt we'd be seeing as many people pitting the two against one another.

    Great... now I'll be day dreaming about a whole fleet of classic space ships coming...
    560HeliporteddiewThe_StudMr_Cross
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 894
    Me too... (sigh)
    eddiewThe_StudMr_Cross
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 652
    Thoughts on the recently revealed Rexcelcior? I find it odd they are doing a $120 and $150 set of such similar subject matter. Seems like sales of one will canabalize the other. 
    I freaking love it! The nano scale is a stroke of genius. I was curious as to how they would do such a massive structure (they did a spectacular job scaling down the Sea Cow) for a viable retail set. That this is at retail pricing (I'm assuming around 200$ CAD, given the msrp?), with new nano figs to adjust for the scale is freaking perfection! 

    That it includes Stubble Emmett (with smeared stubble dots for his alt expression!) is no small selling point for me. I can't wait to get this one! 
    MegtheCatLyichirThe_StudMr_Cross
  • The_StudThe_Stud IndianaMember Posts: 49
    Thoughts on the recently revealed Rexcelcior? I find it odd they are doing a $120 and $150 set of such similar subject matter. Seems like sales of one will canabalize the other. 
    Possibly my favorite Lego Movie 2 set, but I do also love Welcome to Apocalypseburg and Benny’s Space Squad! (I’m gonna be super broke when this theme is over...) I don’t even like microscale stuff most of the time, but I just love the look and size of the ship. Plus that awesome Emmet minifigure helps to sell me on this set. It puts the Rexplorer to shame IMO, though I don’t think they should hurt each other’s sales too significantly. (I mean, look at all the X-Wings/TIE Fighters they make for Star Wars.)
    BrickByBrick
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 385
    Considerable increase in size of the minifigure box depth and height compared to normal CMF and even Unikitty series.  Width is almost identical across different series.  Bags seem inferior quality compared to all previous series.
    The_StudBaby_YodastluxMegtheCatLittleLoriomniumFowlerBricks
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 307
    caterham7 said:
    Bags seem inferior quality compared to all previous series.
    To be fair, if you're buying minifigures to evaluate the outer bags you've probably missed the point of packaging in general by a tad innit.
    Lyichircaterham7AanchirThe_StudBaby_Yoda560HeliportMegtheCatbgl_84FowlerBricks
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 900
    Preordered a box of the Lego Movie 2 Minifigures locally, and was given the free Year of The Pig! 

    Some reviews had 4 of one figure and 2 of another, I just hope mine is equally split with 3 complete sets.

    On a related note, the Benny Space Squad is still missing from all the local shops. People keep snapping it up the moment someone posted sightings of it. 
    LittleLori
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 720
    Ummm guys...take this for what it's worth,  but I just left a Lego store and I overheard that there will be a chase figure in this CMF  series.  1 in 10 boxes will have this figure.  Identity of figure unknown.  Apparently it was very hush hush.  *mic drop*
    FowlerBricks
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 737
    edited January 23
    Ayliffe said:
    caterham7 said:
    Bags seem inferior quality compared to all previous series.
    To be fair, if you're buying minifigures to evaluate the outer bags you've probably missed the point of packaging in general by a tad innit.
    Beyond that... what does "inferior quality" mean for the bags anyway? Thinner bags might seem cheaper but might offer benefits. A few possible examples:

    • "Cheaper" also means less cost, which can more of the budget available for the figs inside.
    • A change in bags may include a change in their environmental footprint, an important consideration for the part of a set that usually ends up in the trash.
    • Thinner bags (assuming inferior quality means thinner) might be flimsier, but that may result in a better user experience for younger buyers, who might struggle opening the thicker bags of earlier series on their own.
    If drawbacks don't reveal themselves (such as an increase in thefts or more frequent damage to the parts inside), any benefits would mark a positive change. In general I think it's best to be careful about automatically assuming that a change is negative when it occurs, because there are plenty of potential reasons for any given change, some of which might not be obvious to individual end consumers.
    The_Stud
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 385
    jmeninno said:
    Ummm guys...take this for what it's worth,  but I just left a Lego store and I overheard that there will be a chase figure in this CMF  series.  1 in 10 boxes will have this figure.  Identity of figure unknown.  Apparently it was very hush hush.  *mic drop*
    Was also mentioned in the comments on brickset reveal of the cmfs.  No idea where it originated from though.
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 385
    Confused by the last warning for TLM2 cmfs.

    https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8686835

    WARNING(S):

    • Not suitable for children under 3 years old. 
    • Only for domestic use. 
    • To be used under the direct supervision of an adult. 
    • Only to be used in water where the child is within its depth and under adult supervision.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,421
    ^ I'm confused by the second warning. So Lego can't be taken out of the country? Or maybe you shouldn't bring your Lego to an industrial building? 
    Jern92The_Stud
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,421
    Lyichir said:
    Ayliffe said:
    caterham7 said:
    Bags seem inferior quality compared to all previous series.
    To be fair, if you're buying minifigures to evaluate the outer bags you've probably missed the point of packaging in general by a tad innit.
    Beyond that... what does "inferior quality" mean for the bags anyway? Thinner bags might seem cheaper but might offer benefits. A few possible examples:

    • "Cheaper" also means less cost, which can more of the budget available for the figs inside.
    • A change in bags may include a change in their environmental footprint, an important consideration for the part of a set that usually ends up in the trash.
    • Thinner bags (assuming inferior quality means thinner) might be flimsier, but that may result in a better user experience for younger buyers, who might struggle opening the thicker bags of earlier series on their own.
    If drawbacks don't reveal themselves (such as an increase in thefts or more frequent damage to the parts inside), any benefits would mark a positive change. In general I think it's best to be careful about automatically assuming that a change is negative when it occurs, because there are plenty of potential reasons for any given change, some of which might not be obvious to individual end consumers.
       The new bag inside of a bag pretty much kills your better for the environment point. And I'm pretty sure a five year old knows how to use a pair of scissors to open the outer bag, maybe the inner bag too. 
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,822
    edited January 23
    oldtodd33 said:
    Lyichir said:
    Ayliffe said:
    caterham7 said:
    Bags seem inferior quality compared to all previous series.
    To be fair, if you're buying minifigures to evaluate the outer bags you've probably missed the point of packaging in general by a tad innit.
    Beyond that... what does "inferior quality" mean for the bags anyway? Thinner bags might seem cheaper but might offer benefits. A few possible examples:
    • "Cheaper" also means less cost, which can more of the budget available for the figs inside.
    • A change in bags may include a change in their environmental footprint, an important consideration for the part of a set that usually ends up in the trash.
    • Thinner bags (assuming inferior quality means thinner) might be flimsier, but that may result in a better user experience for younger buyers, who might struggle opening the thicker bags of earlier series on their own.
    If drawbacks don't reveal themselves (such as an increase in thefts or more frequent damage to the parts inside), any benefits would mark a positive change. In general I think it's best to be careful about automatically assuming that a change is negative when it occurs, because there are plenty of potential reasons for any given change, some of which might not be obvious to individual end consumers.
       The new bag inside of a bag pretty much kills your better for the environment point. And I'm pretty sure a five year old knows how to use a pair of scissors to open the outer bag, maybe the inner bag too. 
    Not all types of plastic have the same environmental footprint. Also, for me, one of the nice things about small sets like polybags, collectible minifigures, and some buildable figure sets has always been the ability to open them when I'm not at home with a pair of scissors and a lot of space to spread out (like at a bus/shuttle stop, or during lunch, or during a bus/train/car/plane ride).
    klinton
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,247
    Are you guys... arguing about CMF bags?
    AleyditaJern92AyliffeThe_StudAstrobricksFowlerBricks
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,175
    The trading cards appear to be in some demand. Prices for a complete set are fetching $100+. It doesn’t seem too bad of a promo to get a few of these packs with purchase.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    edited January 23
    SumoLego said:
    @gmonkey76 wrote:
    Love her or hate her at 85 years old she should of retired long ago.  
    -Giggles-

    Would love to have a Ruth Ginsburg minifigure.


  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 170


    Look's like the McDonalds Happy Meal toys are keychain heads. They open up with various junk inside.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,901
    Lyichir said:
    Thoughts on the recently revealed Rexcelcior? I find it odd they are doing a $120 and $150 set of such similar subject matter. Seems like sales of one will canabalize the other. 
    I think the subject matter isn't as similar as people make it out to be? Like, yes, the color schemes are similar, because they belong to the same character/faction, and they include the same characters, because they represent scenes in which those characters are separated from the rest of the cast. But the form, scale, and features of the two sets are completely different.

    I also think that for fans of Rex Dangervest or his faction's aesthetic, there could be a lot of people who hope to get both, rather than choose between the two. I mean, If we were getting two Classic Space spaceships at that price point I doubt we'd be seeing as many people pitting the two against one another.
    Don't get me wrong, I think they are both quality sets. It just strikes me odd there would be two mid-$100s sets of such similar subject matter.

    I guess they are just doubling down on a lot of people becoming Rex Dangervest fans. I do hope his printed R energy drink cans go on B&P for a reasonable price. I need a vending machine of those in my Ninjago City expansions.
    AanchirThe_StudBaby_Yoda
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,955
    caterham7 said:
    Confused by the last warning for TLM2 cmfs.

    https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8686835

    WARNING(S):

    • Not suitable for children under 3 years old. 
    • Only for domestic use. 
    • To be used under the direct supervision of an adult. 
    • Only to be used in water where the child is within its depth and under adult supervision.

    oldtodd33 said:
    ^ I'm confused by the second warning. So Lego can't be taken out of the country? Or maybe you shouldn't bring your Lego to an industrial building? 
    Domestic use here means use by a consumer, as opposed to use in a professional sense.

    They also seem to add fairly random safety warnings that apply to all toys, such as the use in water under supervision.

    For example, these megabloks "do not provide protection".


  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 559
    Baby_Yoda said:
    Are you guys... arguing about CMF bags?
    This is the internet. People will literally argue over anything just for the sake of doing so.
    Baby_Yoda
  • SecretSquirrel18SecretSquirrel18 United KingdomMember Posts: 25
    Got Dorothy today in my first polybag. Got the guy behind the coubter to open a new box. 
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,478
    jmeninno said:
    Ummm guys...take this for what it's worth,  but I just left a Lego store and I overheard that there will be a chase figure in this CMF  series.  1 in 10 boxes will have this figure.  Identity of figure unknown.  Apparently it was very hush hush.  *mic drop*
    If there was a chase figure, I'd expect the folks at minifiguresplus would have noticed it while sorting through all the "one set" pre-orders. It would also mean shorting at least one regular figure, unless the chase figure is packet #61 in a case of 60
    madforLEGOklinton
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 497
    I finally came across a lone copy of Benny's Space Squad in the wild yesterday at a Target store. I left it on the shelf for someone who still needs one. I already have the two that I ordered.
    ericbOnebricktoomanyPumpkin_3CK5
  • andywilsonandywilson UKMember Posts: 60
    When are the minifigs going to be in LEGO stores? They’ll do the feeling for me normally...
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 307
    CCC said:

    For example, these megabloks "do not provide protection".

    ...w...what kind of protection we talkin' about here argos

    Aanchir
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 720
    I could be wrong about the chase minifig.  The way they were speaking about it, and mentioning the name of someone who works in Lego social media, and the fact that I'm friendly with one of them, makes me want to believe they are correct.  (I know not all Lego store employees are as hardcore as we are.)  Time will tell.  I'm actually not sure if I'm happy with the news of this potential chase figure or not.
  • monkyby87monkyby87 Member Posts: 315
    I’m not inclined to believe the chase rumors yet. With these things getting out now and us knowing for a while about them, I’d like to think somebody somewhere would have had more concrete information about it.
    If there is one though, it had better be good to make me care about it lol. 
    jmeninno
  • Golem25Golem25 Western EuropeMember Posts: 33
    Eagerly awaiting the CMFs arriving in shops in the Netherlands, hoping tomorrow's the day. Vest Friend Rex and Giraffe Guy warrant a buy (so does the Oz quartet, but I don't consider them TLM2 really).

    Every word wasted on the Ruth Bader Ginsberg thing is one too many, IMO, but let me just say that I hate, hate, HATE politics creeping into my entertainment. A SCOTUS? Inherently political, especially in this case and this age.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    Has anyone found the cmf in target yet
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 398
    Has anybody found the polybags in the UK anywhere? I'd like a #30527 but haven't seen them around. 
  • MattyodellMattyodell UkMember Posts: 10
    Has anybody found the polybags in the UK anywhere? I'd like a #30527 but haven't seen them around. 
    They have them in WHSmiths in Birmingham. 
    benbacardi
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 652
    Golem25 said:
    Every word wasted on the Ruth Bader Ginsberg thing is one too many, IMO, but let me just say that I hate, hate, HATE politics creeping into my entertainment. A SCOTUS? Inherently political, especially in this case and this age.
    I don't understand this senitment, no matter how many times I encounter it. 

    Everything 
    is political. Everything we do, every day, from the time we get out of bed until we go to sleep at night... is an expression of our personal political stance. 'Politics' isn't some seperate, ethereal 'other' debated by the men and women in seats of power. It's the collective expression of how we live our daily lives. What we are able to achieve, and what is held outside our grasp. 

    Wishing that 'politics' are witheld from entertainment is merely an expression of entitlement. You're essentially saying "I'm satisfied with the status quo, and don't care to hear about your misfortune whilst I'm being amused". 

    You don't have to agree with her opinions (nor, it would seem, the entire message of the film) to be entertained. I watch all sorts of films that feature views that I don't share, and I am still entertained. /soapbox, ;p
    Jern92ericbdmcc0datsunrobbieAanchirr_ickeThe_Studtmgm528
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,302
    I found them at Fry’s grocery store (Kroger owned). I live in Phoenix. It was in a floor stand that had the Emmet heart poly and some small Lego Movie 2 sets. I bought all 26. Not a complete set. I was able to get all 4 Wizard of Oz characters and some others I wanted.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.