Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What Have You Done To Your House To Accommodate Your Lego Hobby/Addiction?

Comments

• CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 686
    Uh... I have about 500 autographed ones. That's a lot of wall space.
    SumoLegoFowlerBricksOnebricktoomanySprinkleOtterAddicted2Oxygen
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,596
    edited January 21
    Sounds like a wall mosaic.  Why are we getting bogged down in details?!?

500?  Geez, I'm impressed!
    CaptainRogersOnebricktoomanySprinkleOtter
    Thanks. It's at least 15 years in the making. But I assume folks on this website understand large collections of items that take up space. 
    SumoLegonwr122560HeliportFowlerBricksOnebricktoomanySprinkleOtterMaffyD
  • Boardshorts85Boardshorts85 ChicagoMember Posts: 167
    Before long, the wife will have me moving the LEGO out of the living room since we need to "babyproof"...  I've got an alcove in the master bedroom with room for a display shelf.  Looking at the IKEA Hemnes bookcase to match the rest of the bedroom furniture, but it looks like *maybe* the shelves won't be tall enough to fit the modulars.  Anyone used these in their displays?
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 881
    Basty said:by
    Recce said:
    Here's an updated photo of the mess in my house taken less than an hour ago. Can spot the difference from the photo posted 3 years back? :))

Basically the count had increased from around 750K bricks worth of sets to now 910K.
    Is there 3 of each set? 
    Only those that I like, or on heavy discount in which case I buy for parts. 
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,225
    edited January 21
    SumoLego said:
    Digitized copies can't be autographed!
    Huh.  Got me there.  Frames on the wall for those... the rest in a lightless box!  
    Also, CDs are already digitized. :)
    And no lossy compression either.
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 635
    Before long, the wife will have me moving the LEGO out of the living room since we need to "babyproof"... 
    Babies are not very tall, just keep it in the living room on shelves ;) (the Lego, not the baby)
    Boardshorts85OnebricktoomanySprinkleOtterBaby_YodamsandersModeltrainman
  • Boardshorts85Boardshorts85 ChicagoMember Posts: 167
    dmcc0 said:
    Before long, the wife will have me moving the LEGO out of the living room since we need to "babyproof"... 
    Babies are not very tall, just keep it in the living room on shelves ;) (the Lego, not the baby)
    I think it’s more about her wanting a reason to get them out of the living room...
    OnebricktoomanySprinkleOtterBaby_Yodaandhe
  • MaddinBricksMaddinBricks CanandaMember Posts: 21
    wow... I love that idea
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 479
    @SumoLego though your display ideas do sound better than my 'Superhero drawer' organization at the moment. At least I've got a few shelves being useful.

What's the origin of the building on the right, with the stairs and the arches?
    SumoLego
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,225
    ^ All three of those buildings appear to be MOCs to me. 
    SumoLegoCaptainRogersbluedragon
    @SumoLego though your display ideas do sound better than my 'Superhero drawer' organization at the moment. At least I've got a few shelves being useful.

What's the origin of the building on the right, with the stairs and the arches?
    @HugeYellowBrick that was me attempting a townhouse with a garage that would fit a Speed Champions car so that I can work those automobiles into my city. I wanted a functional garage, but also living quarters above. The interior isn't done. It doesn't even have a staircase! But I think the outside is about to my liking.

@Astrobricks yes, sort of. The one with the garage is my own making, while the other two are just recolors (one reversed) of the modular Pet Shop townhouse.
    Astrobricks
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,720
    ^
    "Uh, Bob, I can't open my door in here..."
    *Bob gently opens his door just a big enough crack so that he can slip out without hitting the car door on the wall.* "Oh, just go out through the sunroof, Steve."
    "This car doesn't have a sunroof!"
    "Oh, yeah, that's right, that's the other car. I think if you pull down the back seat, you can crawl into the trunk, and hop out that way."
    "F---!!!!"

Living in @CaptainRogers town is difficult on the minifigures...

SumoLegoAstrobricksgmonkey76cguglielmimak0137Oldfan
    (There's plenty of room to climb out the window.)
    gmonkey76SprinkleOtter
    @SprinkleOtter this Mustang doesn't have doors... That's the luxury model of which you're speaking. And backseat and trunk? What kind of Lego cars have you been building? Heck, mine don't even have a gas tank, power steering, or windshield wipers! 

On the plus side, since their vehicles can be built in like 20 minutes or less, insurance premiums cost about the same as a soda from the gas station. 
    gmonkey76SumoLegoSprinkleOtterpxchrisLEGOFan2msanders
    LEGO Fan said:
    Cool display.
    Thanks man. I hope to get more 16x32 baseplates to incorporate this into my actual city on tables (pictures earlier). 
    LEGOFan2
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,134
    I'd love to MOC up my own Modulars like that. Perhaps something that smoothly transitions from regular Modulars to Ninjago City so I can display them all together. Of course, I'll need #70620 to go with my #70657 first, and I'll need a lot more space before any of that. One day...
    CaptainRogers
    @Baby_Yoda thanks man! It's taken far longer than I'd prefer, but I love the modular line and being able to add my own is what Lego is all about. Yeah, space is always an issue. I finally got some tables from Ikea last month, but I'm already noticing the space constraints of an apartment. But I dont want to move for several years now, after doing it twice in six months.

I love that Ninjago City and Docks connect, but them plus city modulars? It would be pretty awesome, and I suppose technically possible, but I'm not certain they'll ever quite 'flow' with my modulars. They're doing their own thing on the coffee table right now. That said, I also have a work in progress to add to that, as I've grown to love the Ninjago world (especially with the movie sets). 
    SumoLegoBaby_Yoda
    The Ninjago stuff really doesn't fit with the Creator modulars.  I'm hoping they do a third one to 'complete' the block.  The two by themselves just seems... unfinished.
  • milambermilamber Norfolk UKMember Posts: 392
    amok said:

I display them similarly :)
    Oh for goodness sake. Now I'll have to try and get one of those or create something similar. A Japanese castle is on my MOC list so I might adapt it to fit.
    LEGOFan2
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 483
    @milamber did you space your shelves based on the Ninjago City height or was that just coincidence?
  • milambermilamber Norfolk UKMember Posts: 392
    @milamber did you space your shelves based on the Ninjago City height or was that just coincidence?
    Not my post :) Mine have about 6ft above them. The picture was from @amok
    bluedragon
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 537

This is what mine looks like! 
    bandit778LittleLoriLegopantsAddicted2OxygenBOBJACK_JACKBOBKjellevirusKLOKRIECHER
  • amokamok Istanbul, TurkeyMember Posts: 25
    That post was mine :) I have several shelves and they all have 62-63cm vertical spacing (that was the optimal according to the total height of the wall they are on), which is coincidentally equal to the height of the Ninjago City :)
    wardmbluedragonSOH
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 483
    Perfect!
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 871
    ^ You’ve lost your hair since your other photo in your Brickset icon.
    SumoLegoprevereLEGOFan2SprinkleOttergmonkey76Baby_Yoda
    edited February 4
    LuLego said:
    Your hair's off!

And don't trust Matthew Grand.  He's clearly hiding something.  I can tell.  Very suspicious...
    prevereLEGOFan2SprinkleOtterMuftak1
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 683
    Basty said:
    Recce said:
    Here's an updated photo of the mess in my house taken less than an hour ago. Can spot the difference from the photo posted 3 years back? :))

Basically the count had increased from around 750K bricks worth of sets to now 910K.
    Is there 3 of each set? 
    think you are missing a 0 off that number looking at those pictures..
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    SumoLego said:
    LuLego said:
    Your hair's off!

And don't trust Matthew Grand.  He's clearly hiding something.  I can tell.  Very suspicious...
    So people might say that about a guy with a plastic head and standard smile. 
    SumoLegoLEGOFan2SprinkleOttergmonkey76Baby_Yodamsanders
    Better than a standard head with a plastic smile.  That guy can't sell anything!
    LuLegoprevereLEGOFan2SprinkleOttergmonkey76Baby_Yodamsanders
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,718
    Can you find out what the guy did next to the "Editorial Team" sign did to upset his barber? 
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    edited February 5
    Can you find out what the guy did next to the "Editorial Team" sign did to upset his barber? 
    He maintains that Market Street was the first modular. 
    BumblepantsSumoLegogmonkey76Baby_YodaRedbullgivesuwind
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 743
    No, no, no... Café Corner was the first modular. Market Street was the second!
    BrikingSumoLegopreveregmonkey76Baby_YodaOldfan
    prevere said:
    He maintains that Market Street was the first modular. 
    And that Star Justice and Space Skulls are part of the Classic Space theme.  Blasphemy!
    SprinkleOtterLEGOFan2preveregmonkey76Baby_YodaRedbullgivesuwind
    Galidor is canon to the Bionicle universe. Prove me wrong.
    BumblepantsSprinkleOtterr_icke
    Baby_Yoda said:
    Prove me wrong.
    Yoda was never a baby.  He sprung from a hole as a fully developed puppet Jedi Master.
    Muftak1mak0137SprinkleOtterLEGOFan2Baby_YodaBumblepants
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,393
    prevere said:
    Just so you guys know that isn't a sticker taped on the headshot. A buddy in the company was nice enough to take a studio shot with my Lego head mask on with my suit. I felt like I was auditioning on Suicide Squad 2's set for another armed Arkham escape. 
    If you had used a fleshie one instead of yellow, nobody would have noticed.
    dmcc0SprinkleOtterSumoLegoLEGOFan2Baby_YodaBumblepantsprevere
    SumoLego said:
    Baby_Yoda said:
    Prove me wrong.
    Yoda was never a baby.  He sprung from a hole as a fully developed puppet Jedi Master.
    No, I use "baby" as in "an informal form of address for a lover or spouse."
    BumblepantsSumoLegoSprinkleOtter
    ^Looks fantabulous. Question on your shelving. I'd like to put modulars on a long shelf across a room. Wondering how high I should make it. There's a considerable amount of "foot traffic" in the room from kids, so I'm thinking 5" or higher. Just curious what others have done. Thanks.
    SprinkleOtterLEGOFan2Gallandr
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 743
    Something to consider... if it's almost out of reach, might they grab the shelf and try to pull themselves up to see your LEGO, possibly pulling it all down? It might be better to have it low enough for them to see easily. (I don't know the answer; just wondering. But hey, I pulled a shelf down, thus partially dismantling a bunch of Nexo Knights... and I'm old enough to know better! Or maybe not. 
    LEGOFan2Gallandrnwr122MaddinBricks
    Something to consider... if it's almost out of reach, might they grab the shelf and try to pull themselves up to see your LEGO, possibly pulling it all down? It might be better to have it low enough for them to see easily. (I don't know the answer; just wondering. But hey, I pulled a shelf down, thus partially dismantling a bunch of Nexo Knights... and I'm old enough to know better! Or maybe not. 
    Yeah that's a good safety tip. Barb wire it is! 

Seriously. I'll need to think about that. Cause that could easily happen. 
    SprinkleOtterBaby_Yoda