Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 220
    I'm trying to build a petrified troll for my LotR display, but I'm not sure how to make the head. Anyone have any good ideas or inspiration for how to make stone statue faces?
    KLOKRIECHERFowlerBrickspxchrisGoodCoffeeJoey
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 483
    J0rgen said:
    I'm trying to build a petrified troll for my LotR display, but I'm not sure how to make the head. Anyone have any good ideas or inspiration for how to make stone statue faces?
    Could something like a Brickheadz head work, or would that be too large?  That’s kinda what your idea in the bottom left with the brackets & roof bricks & 1x1 rounds reminds me of.  
    J0rgen
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,247
    If you didn't mind the Statue of Liberty's Nexo Shield face, you might be able to use a more complex adaption of that.
    J0rgen
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 489
    well the crawler turned out fine,  just a  bit of color swapping. I had to redesign the new shuttle; the 2011 one was 1 stud too long.
    As you can see the solid rocket booster is a complete disaster, as I didnt have enough large white round corner panels.
    FowlerBricksKLOKRIECHER
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 229
    Currently adding a food court and stalls to my theme park

MegtheCatdavetheoxygenmanstluxKLOKRIECHERFowlerBricks
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 449
    Had a busy day yesterday so was unable to have a proper look at #81000 until today, something different. Enjoyed the build and even tried #81001 skin. Will leave #81002 and #81003 in the packets for now. Would definitely purchase any future similar products, the mechanism works great...

Decided to leave it as default Koi (from #81000 set) for now as it looks good...
    KLOKRIECHERFowlerBricksSpeedman29MegtheCatsnowhitie
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 220
    Thanks for the suggestions! @M1J0E I tried something like that, as you see, but it was too big, and I didn't like the eyes. It needs to be just three bricks wide, I think. @Baby_Yoda I think a smooth face in the vein of the Statue of Liberty might be the way to go. I just need to find the right plate, or plates. Trying to make a face without printed detail will probably just end up looking cartoonish.
    Baby_Yoda
    J0rgen said:
    Thanks for the suggestions! @M1J0E I tried something like that, as you see, but it was too big, and I didn't like the eyes. It needs to be just three bricks wide, I think. @Baby_Yoda I think a smooth face in the vein of the Statue of Liberty might be the way to go. I just need to find the right plate, or plates. Trying to make a face without printed detail will probably just end up looking cartoonish.
    I like Yoda’s idea, I’d forgotten about the Statue of Liberty, but that also reminds me of this SOL mod I’d seen awhile back:
    http://thebrickblogger.com/2018/06/lego-architecture-statue-of-liberty-facelift/
    Perhaps modifying something like that could work?  Though it winds up looking a little like those Easter island heads so it might be more cartoonish than you’d want.  But it could also be a bit more detailed here & there if you want 3 bricks wide by using something like this part:
    https://brickset.com/parts/design-34103

Baby_YodaJ0rgen
  • KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 119
    Finished 'Grindelwald's Escape' from fantastic beasts:
    PJ76ukPyrobugFowlerBricksThe_Stud
    ^ @KLOKRIECHER is there a story behind your minifig? Seen it a few times recently with your builds and its got me curious!
    Baby_YodaThe_Stud
    PJ76uk said:
    ^ @KLOKRIECHER is there a story behind your minifig? Seen it a few times recently with your builds and its got me curious!
    Actually this minifig represents my sigfig which I also use in my YouTube videos and my website. ;-)
    The_Stud
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,326
    My Forma set arrived this afternoon. With help from Little Miss Speedman built #81000 the mechanism works really well and looks great. She had to go to bed before it was skinned, so she's going to be super excited in the morning.
    Work now begins on new skins for a different look. 
    The_StuddavetheoxygenmanFowlerBricksKLOKRIECHERGothamConstructionCoMegtheCat
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,311
    looks like it has been skinned already
    davetheoxygenmanBumblepantsJ0rgenFowlerBricksLittleLori
    And now I completed the Catwoman catcycle chase set:

FowlerBricksPJ76uk
    Built the walker variant of TLM2 polybag

PJ76ukKLOKRIECHERPyrobugstluxFowlerBricksMegtheCat
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 197
    Little bit of housekeeping after getting Vader's Castle:

Minor tweaks (just putting in longer rods) to the TIE hanger in the TIE hangar, so it'll accommodate the new version of the TIE-A - the Castle is shelved with its back to the wall, there's no sense parking the fighter there, whereas the Death Star is centre stage on a table, viewable from all angles.

The pilot in front with his hand up is one the little vignettes I've filled the DS up with for my own amusement - he's looking at Vader's TIE and thinking "Wow, the boss gets shields, hyperdrive... sigh, I hate my job."

Not sure what I'll do with the old TIE-A, but I've got half a mind to see about reworking it into the 'production model' Advanced from the old TIE Fighter game, with points on its solar sails and all that.  Not sure I'm really that motivated though, my memory of them is mostly them being a blasted nuisance after Zaarin stole the whole shipment and I had to go hunt them all down.  Nimble little jerks.
    FowlerBricksKLOKRIECHERThe_Stud
    Tonight's build is sorting through this pile of #60198 I won on eBay should be a loco, crane and log wagon.

FowlerBricksdatsunrobbieKLOKRIECHERPJ76uk
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,409
    Excellent idea for all those white panels from the PaB wall :D
    560HeliportLittleLori
  • The_StudThe_Stud IndianaMember Posts: 49
    A few days ago I finished a modular display for my ever-growing collection of monochrome minifigs:

Seeing this makes me want to start a monofig collection!
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,251
    ^ In the words of a senior ranking Mon Calamari, "IT'S A TRAP!"

I started down this path, intending just to do a couple of colours (black, white, yellow, blue, red, green), then I thought why not add a couple of colours I really like (dark red, dark green, medium blue, etc), then I started adding ones I found out complete figs could be done. Next was adding metallic/pearl figs to the want list & now? Now I have a spreadsheet that has all the colours each part comes in, detailing all the figs that can be completed...
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76FowlerBricksThe_Studdmcc0LittleLori
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,409
    I have that spreadsheet too, but I just downloaded it from the internet? Although it's a few years old and outdated and I only have a few completed monofigs but I have quite a number that are almost complete and I ... nope, not addicted at all.
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,485
    @Paperballpark got any mono spares you don't need? 
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,473
    edited January 22
    Nope, sorry!

I have a spreadsheet detailing every colour that each part is available in (and which ones I have). Off the top of my head, there are 75 different colours which have at least one minifig part, and currently 40 colours that you can complete - not including the Chrome Red and Chrome Gold keyrings.
    TheFew
    edited January 22
    ^ I haven't updated my data since around early November, but last I checked, I count approx 38 can be done complete, you aren't counting Flat Silver or Pearl Dark Grey are you?
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,485
    Thanks. I have a similar spread sheet. Just need the parts now!
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,223
    Doing a digital build for a change:

Created #6244853 Lion Dance in LDD from the instructions, as no part list is available. Now I have a XML file so I can actually order the parts and build it for real...

Thanks @Recce for posting your acquisition and then build of this set last week:it was a good reminder that I had saved the instructions when this set was GWP in HK last year, but had never gotten around to actually getting the parts!
    bandit778KLOKRIECHERsid3windrFowlerBricksLittleLorisnowhitie
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 324

madejp86Switchfoot55The_StudKLOKRIECHER
  • MaddinBricksMaddinBricks CanandaMember Posts: 21
    d.va and Rinehart... still have them in the box after 2 weeks. have not found the time to build them yet.
    FowlerBricks
    @sweetness34 what did you think of the build?  I keep saying that has to be my next purchase, even though I also need PR still.
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 489
    Populating my Lego City setup, oldest sets first 
    M1J0EdavetheoxygenmanKLOKRIECHERpxchrisFowlerBrickslegolarsonLittleLoriGothamConstructionCo
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 899
    stlux said:

Created #6244853 Lion Dance in LDD from the instructions, as no part list is available. Now I have a XML file so I can actually order the parts and build it for real...

Thanks @Recce for posting your acquisition and then build of this set last week:it was a good reminder that I had saved the instructions when this set was GWP in HK last year, but had never gotten around to actually getting the parts!
    No problem. :) 

Is the set number for the Lion Dance official? Somehow I couldn't find it on Brickset last week. 

• sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 324
    M1J0E said:
    @sweetness34 what did you think of the build?  I keep saying that has to be my next purchase, even though I also need PR still.
    Very nice build. Cool techniques with the triangle like design of the building. Cool stuff like the car lift and garage door. Don't miss out on the Parisian restaurant though. That is one of my favorites.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,473
    VorpalRyu said:
    ^ I haven't updated my data since around early November, but last I checked, I count approx 38 can be done complete, you aren't counting Flat Silver or Pearl Dark Grey are you?
    No I'm not. I honestly have no idea which 2 I have extra. Is one Light Flesh? Hips have only recently been found 'in the wild'.
    edited January 23
    I've left several now retired colours (sand red, sand purple, sky blue, etc), off my chart, as they won't likely to even be able to complete unless TLG reissues those colours. These are the incompletes I've been keeping tabs on, with the parts still needed:

Light Flesh (hips)
    Bright Light Yellow (head, hands)
    Yellowish Green (hips)
    Lavender (hips, left leg, right leg)
    Bright Pink (head)
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,223
    edited January 23
    Recce said:
    stlux said:

No problem. :) 

Is the set number for the Lion Dance official? Somehow I couldn't find it on Brickset last week. 

@Recce Huw added it to the database yesterday.
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 323
    Started carving through my remaining small sets that need to be assembled and built #40178 Iconic VIP Set Polybag, #40290 60 Years of the Lego Brick, and #21312 Women of Nasa yesterday.  They're all neat builds in their own right but I absolutely loved the 60 Years of the Lego Brick. 
    LittleLori
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 375
    I'm slowly building my BrickHeadz collection. Today's set is #41627 Luke Skywalker & Yoda. 

KLOKRIECHERFowlerBricks
    M1J0E said:
    Very nice build. Cool techniques with the triangle like design of the building. Cool stuff like the car lift and garage door. Don't miss out on the Parisian restaurant though. That is one of my favorites.
    Thanks for the quick review!  Given the popularity of PR, it’ll be bound to take a huge jump in the aftermarket so I definitely plan to get it this year.  It could continue on, but given DO & BB are both retired, even PR can’t last forever, and I’m sure I won’t want to deal with it in the resale market.
    Decided to put my "Year of the..." sets together, the new #40186 Year of the Pig joins #40234 Year of the Rooster and #40235 Year of the Dog.

#40234 remains my favourite, purely because I got it as GWP from my only visit to the new Leicester Square store which I visited with my late brother in Jan 2017.

FowlerBricksSwitchfoot55MCNwakeboardKLOKRIECHERLittleLoriMaffyDMegtheCatGoodCoffeeJoeySpeedman29
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 454
    After about a month and a half of waiting, Hurricane Heist finally got shipped to me and I was able to put it together tonight. This is by far one of the worst looking Lego sets Ive ever built - and I absolutely adore it. 

The minifigure seldction here is superb, but this thing is adorably hideous. Its like the ugly duckling, unruly, oddly proportioned, and manages to be both bulky and skimpy all at the same time. Im shocked this thing was 70 at one point, so snagging it for $29 felt fair to me. 

One specific thing that amused me to no end - the results of this villain’s heist appears to be 300 bucks. And his giant million(s of) dollar(s) piece of equipment even has a storage hold for his ‘haul’. 

God I love this monstrosity.
    Muftak1BumblepantsFowlerBricksKLOKRIECHERMegtheCatBaby_Yoda560Heliportbandit778