Will Old Fishing Store (21310) come back to shop.lego.com?

Will Old Fishing Store (21310) come back to shop.lego.com?

I have been Lego cash poor the the good part of year and this is on my list to get.
LegoEveryone

Comments

• M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 462
    Sadly, because I’m in the same situation as you are with it, I’m assuming it won’t be back.  It still comes up when searching “retiring soon” sets, even though it went out of stock about the minute it was retired.  I’d like for it to come back though as the price spike in the aftermarket has been huge!
    LegoEveryone
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 218
    I recently bought one but haven’t decided yet if I want to keep it or sell it. Got the last one from John Lewis, Oxford Street yesterday. 
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 80
    edited January 13
    Not likely. Your best best is in a physical store.
    Fizyx
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,919
    I doubt any retail stores have any of these in stock.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,416
    I went to the Lego store I usually go to when it sold out. They had five of them behind the counter and were selling them one to a person then. You won't find any left by now. 
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 392
    I was in the Lego store in Watford on Saturday and they had 5 of them on the shelf.  Give them a call if you want one.
    shikadi
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 263
    Try Barnes and Noble physical stores. They usually have older sets around longer than others.
    Fizyx
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,876
    Barnes clearanced that set out at 50% off. It will be a minor miracle to find one in stock. 
    AstrobricksSumoLegokiki180703The_Stud
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,062
    I think the consensus here is: No.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 781
    edited January 15
    LEGO Stores in the US had them on clearance over Black Friday weekend.
    And considering the US website also says "Sold Out" (in red text, specifically), that means it's retired, and it wont be coming back.
  • asherkobinasherkobin Member Posts: 99
    Penkid11 said:
    LEGO Stores in the US had them on clearance over Black Friday weekend.
    And considering the US website also says "Sold Out" (in red text, specifically), that means it's retired, and it wont be coming back.
    Why don't they say Retired then?  That's the part the annoys me.
    pharmjod said:
    Barnes clearanced that set out at 50% off. It will be a minor miracle to find one in stock. 
    Thanks.  Too bad I had no idea and missed it.  It just means I can move on from this and get other things sooner LOL (one I get $$)
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 489
    Available here in our local Smyths (Ireland)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,799
    Sold out products do sometimes come back. It happened to the Exosuit and the Research Instititute.

Definitions are here:

Sold out
    The set’s sold out. We may get more stock but the date isn’t confirmed yet.

Retired Product
    The set’s been rotated out of our lineup and is no longer available to buy. We won’t be getting any more.

• jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 348
    It may be sold out but someone that bought it may still return it. It's only after that period is over that they change it to Retired.
    edited January 16
    there's also been speculation that sold out in red letters means it's done and sold out in oorange letters means it's temporary. So far limited anecdotal evidence suggests that that's actually the case.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,829
    Whatever the online terminology means, we can all agree they suck at applying it well. Often the stuff marked as retired is also still labeled new.
    gmonkey76pharmjodsid3windrSumoLegomadforLEGOMynattBaby_Yoda
    For what it's worth it's also actually marked as retired on the British site. Any inventory that shows up at Amazon Walmart or Lego is likely just residual found stock in a warehouse
    madforLEGO
    LEGO Ideas Old Fishing Store 21310 Building Set (2,049 Pieces)

preverebluedragonmadforLEGO
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,919
    (It's sold out again.)
  • cpsdkcpsdk denmarkMember Posts: 13
    4 left at the Lego Store in Lego House
  • adam_adam_ IrelandMember Posts: 12
    Four left in 3 different Smyth's stores in Ireland, not sure on the policy of posting external links so drop me a pm if you want the URL.
    I would keep an eye on Amazon and Walmart for periodic restocks. It came back in at Walmart several times yesterday after I posted. It may continue until all supplies are exhausted.
    If only Walmart did online lay-a-way.  
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,293
    Not a lot of help for our overseas cousins, but there's one on the shelf in John Lewis Oxford St at the moment.
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 218
    Not a lot of help for our overseas cousins, but there's one on the shelf in John Lewis Oxford St at the moment.
    I thought I got the last one, when I went in a few weeks back.
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 269
    Looks to be back in stock at Walmart.com
    @MCNwakeboard thanks muchly for letting us know.  I wasn’t gonna do it, as there’s too much else I want, but had to pull the trigger on one.  
    Based on seal codes on brick bank and heartlake hospital Lego did another production run of those two the last week of November / 1st week of December. I suspect they did the same for old fishing store.
  • King_JKing_J United StatesMember Posts: 27
    Out of stock again.  Were you able to get one @asherkobin?
    I was so convinced that it didn’t fit my layout style that I passed on it but after it was sold out I started having second thoughts. Hope a few were able to pick up a copy. 
    I was so convinced that it didn’t fit my layout style that I passed on it but after it was sold out I started having second thoughts. Hope a few were able to pick up a copy. 
    I didn’t think it would fit my layout either, as it’s not quite the same as a modular, but it’s bigger than a medium size building, given it’s on its own baseplate.  But people are already asking 100 over MSRP here, so I should be able to recover costs if I decide it’s not the set I want in my layout.  I’m actually thinking it might stand alone well enough as a decor piece in its own right.
    Onebricktoomany
    no lego funds for me :(
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    edited January 24
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 937
    edited January 24
    I was just able to finally order one of these after refreshing the page a few times this morning, so there is still hope for those who have not yet aquired one. 

Side note: it said only 1 left in stock prior to ordering, but is still showing up right now as available, interesting...
    Onebricktoomany
    teal93mr2 said:

Side note: it said only 1 left in stock prior to ordering, but is still showing up right now as available, interesting...
    It's that old sales method of only putting one item on the shelf at a time to create artificial scarcity and entice buying the last retail Old Fishing Store. 
    Onebricktoomany