Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Chinese New Year 80101

Comments

• 12651265 Member Posts: 943
    Jern92 said:
    1265 said:
    @Jern92 Nice of you to provide to members.  I like the sets #80101, #80102 and #80103 and willing to pay the premium on the secondary market.
    I'm not charging a premium, so just cost plus shipping. However, I will be sending the sets minus boxes, so if you'd prefer them sealed, I suggest Bricklink as a good alternative. Note that 80103 isn't available yet.

If you're ok with my conditions, I'll add you to the list. Note that there's no guarantee that sets will be available, as it depends heavily on stock availability at the stores. 
    Sorry, didn't imply you were charging a premium, but giving you props for acquiring the sets and shipping off to fellow members.

For me, I would pay the premium for all three sets in MISB from the secondary market.
    Jern92
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 470
    Hi @Jern92 can you add me to the list as well please? Thank you. 
    Jern92
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 893
    Jern92 said:
    UPDATE: This is awkward, but after attempting to pack the sets into the shipping box, I realised that I could only realistically fit one of them in. Clearly I am terrible at estimating box sizes and that's my bad. Never done anything like this before, so it's all a learning experience, albeit a somewhat embarrassing one, having accidentally misled everyone.

Anyway, the more accurate total cost, now that I realised it will take 2 shipping boxes instead of 1, will be USD 175 for the two sets plus shipping. I'm very sorry about the earlier miscalculation; and I completely understand if you change your mind about wanting to buy this. In future I will attempt to fill the box first before posting the total cost.

However, I can confirm that USD 175 is the final price, and there will not be anymore changes after this.

For everyone who is still interested, I will see if there are more sets available for sale, and work my way down the list of names as and when that happens. Cheers!

No problem. Hopefully they get more since I'm next on the list. Thanks for doing this - it is very kind of you. 

Jern92ReesesPiecesFizyxmithridate
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 350
    Can't imagine many complaints since your doing us all a favour!
    sid3windrSumoLegoMegtheCatReesesPiecesFizyxgmonkey76kiki180703snowhitiemithridate
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 661
    Thirded for the no problem.  Very grateful that you are taking your time to do this for us!
    mithridate
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 208
    I would like to be considered for these as well. I appreciate you doing this for everyone.
    Jern92mithridate
  • LTL_AFoLLTL_AFoL Member Posts: 6
    Hi @Jern92.  If you are able to get more, I would like to be added to the list as well.  Thank you.
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 516
    Baby_Yoda said:
    It seems Lego have correctly anticipated the demand for this set in terms of production. Now, if only the sets would hurry up and appear on Australian [email protected]
    @Baby_Yoda they are not going to appear on the Australian [email protected] just a few select Stores that sell LEGO in Oz.
    Baby_Yoda
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,731
    PJ76uk said:
    Can't imagine many complaints since your doing us all a favour!
    (People like to complain about just about everything.)
    PJ76ukgmonkey76
  • iamterryiamterry Member Posts: 158
    Hi, can you add me to the list as well please.  Thanks.
    Jern92
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 62
    Hi @Jern92 - I understand about the price increase and I'm just grateful that you are doing this for us.
    Jern92
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 793
    If you're in NZ, Toyworld just announced that they're bringing them in and pre-orders are available.
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,174
    DeMontes said:
    Baby_Yoda said:
    It seems Lego have correctly anticipated the demand for this set in terms of production. Now, if only the sets would hurry up and appear on Australian [email protected]
    @Baby_Yoda they are not going to appear on the Australian [email protected] just a few select Stores that sell LEGO in Oz.
    I heard. Pretty crappy of them to go back on their word.
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,174
    According to brickingaround.com, the sets were originally produced for just China; however, several other regions requested stock as well. One of the regions successfully granted permission to sell them was Australia. Because the sets weren't produced for Australia, though, there isn't enough to realistically sell online. They'll be at David Jones, both official Lego stores and specialty toy stores, and apparently Myer is already accepting preorders in-store.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,435
    @Jern92

If you are kind enough to do another run, please let me know! :)
    Jern92
  • khopewosinkhopewosin Member Posts: 87
    edited January 5
    @jern92 for President of OCtan and the world!

You are awesome to do this! Cheers!
    Jern92PoochyLittleLori77ncaachamps
  • ContrailsContrails Member Posts: 14
    I am flying out to LAX tomorrow fm Asia but it’s a bit of a last minute to carry a set over. I have one in hand right now. If any of you are willing to wait I’ll be in SFO mid feb. I might be able to bring over a set or 2 over. Box might have a ding or 2 but I will try my best to prevent any dents. PM me for details. Not so keen to post unless box is not required. 
    Jern92mithridate
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 461
    After seeing the review on Eurobricks, I have to say that #80101 is a truly impressive set! I absolutely love all of the new printed food elements!
    msanders
  • dhlkiddhlkid Hong KongMember Posts: 1
    Is it ok to sell here? I have extra 80101. 
  • kendalbrickskendalbricks Member Posts: 49
    Hi @Jern92 I'm late to the party, but should you manage to work your way down the list then please add me to the end!
    Jern92
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,653
    dhlkid said:
    Is it ok to sell here? I have extra 80101. 
    Post a listing in the Marketplace section. This thread probably works too
    Jern92SumoLegokiki180703
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,034
    Is there anyone out there who has access to #80101 and #80102 who could find out the weight of each box? I've tracked down the dimensions (thanks Jern) but not the weights.
  • Ray1204Ray1204 USAMember Posts: 69
    edited January 9
    Keep keep an eye on amazon Japan.  I was able to grab both sets yesterday around 9:30pst.  They lasted about 30mins and then sold out.  Both sets 80101 + 80102 shipped to USA came to $210 USD total.  Amazon Japan also does a great job in packing as they bubble wrap each item. Shipping takes 3-6 days via DHL.
    Jern92
  • Ray1204Ray1204 USAMember Posts: 69

• myscrnnmmyscrnnm Seattle, WAMember Posts: 25
    Has anyone got a different hair for the woman in 80101 than what is depicted on the box and instructions? It’s supposed to be the Black Widow hair, but mine is parted to one side and the curls at the end are not as pronounced. However, the grooves match the ones found on the Black Widow mold. When I got the set in December, I assumed LEGO changed the design when production started, but looking at other people’s built sets, they all have the “right” hair. It’s not fake as I got it off Amazon Japan and it had the proper packaging and it’s not broken because all surfaces on the piece are properly molded.🤔
    77ncaachampsFowlerBricksmithridate
    edited January 9
    iso3200 said:
    Is there anyone out there who has access to #80101 and #80102 who could find out the weight of each box? I've tracked down the dimensions (thanks Jern) but not the weights.
    Amazon Japan lists the shipping weights as 1.1kg and 880g respectively.
    iso3200

Aussie AFOLS, here's your chance
    sid3windrLittleLorikiki180703Baby_Yoda
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    myscrnnm said:

That appears to be the same as the black widow hair apart from the edges. It could well be a short shot, when not enough ABS is pumped into the mold.
    FizyxBaby_YodaBrickByBrickLyichirFowlerBricks
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,437
    Also interested if more are available. Ta.
    Jern92
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    It is quite reminiscent of The Big Bang Theory set, with better food and architecture parts. The food parts are so nice.
    dmcc0pxchrisBaby_YodaLostInTranslationkiki180703tamamahm
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 585
    Anyone know if this is being sold anywhere in Japan?  I have friends in Tokyo for the next week! :)
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 884
    Gooker1 said:
    Anyone know if this is being sold anywhere in Japan?  I have friends in Tokyo for the next week! :)

Yes, I believe it is officially available in Japan.   

• 12651265 Member Posts: 943
    Those sets look awesome!  Are the parts printed or stickers?

Looking to pick up the sets at the right price.  More countries selling just makes it better for picking them up at a reasonable price.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,262
    1265 said:

Looking to pick up the sets at the right price.  More countries selling just makes it better for picking them up at a reasonable price.
    Most appear to be printed parts
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,435
    Recce said:
    Gooker1 said:

Where would someone in Japan purchase this set?
    1265 said:

All the food items are prints. Everything else are stickers.
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 585
    Recce said:
    Gooker1 said:

Thanks!  I have them on the lookout!!!  
  • omgusosillyomgusosilly United StatesMember Posts: 7
    Gooker1 said:
    Recce said:
    Gooker1 said:

Ask your friends to check Toys R Us or Bic Camera. Both companies had them up for sale on their online stores. Bic Camera still has 80102 up with free shipping. Plus their price is a lot cheaper than Amazon JP. Pretty sad about that atm. Good luck!
    Gooker1 said:
    Recce said:
    Gooker1 said:

Ask your friends to check Toys R Us or Bic Camera. Both companies had them up for sale on their online stores. Bic Camera still has 80102 up with free shipping. Plus their price is a lot cheaper than Amazon JP. Pretty sad about that atm. Good luck!
    oh jk. Bic Camera has 80101 still in stock too with free shipping. Ugh. I should not buy another set. :| Wish I waited for their restock instead of splurging on Amazon.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    @omgusosilly They don't ship to the USA as best I can tell. Or were you referring to having then shipped to someone in Japan?
    pharmjod said:
    @omgusosilly They don't ship to the USA as best I can tell. Or were you referring to having then shipped to someone in Japan?
    Thats probably why they still have them in stock
    pharmjodSumoLegokiki180703
    pharmjod said:
    Yes! Sorry, I was not clear. It’s free delivery within Japan. Toys R Us JP had them up too but I think they sold out with the free with purchase gift promo they had. They did not ship internationally either. If you know someone visiting Japan that’s willing to help you bring back those sets, it’s pretty simple to just ship the items to their hotel and they can pick it up that way. Or you can always use a Japan personal shopper service or a forwarding service.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    I will be curious to see how Amazon.jp packages these for shipment. I'd say it will be a fairly large box.
    SumoLego
    pharmjod said:
    I will be curious to see how Amazon.jp packages these for shipment. I'd say it will be a fairly large box.
    I'm just hoping I get a chance to get two of each from amazon.jp, but my hope is fading at this point
    pharmjod said:
    Yeah these sets are almost as long as the modulars, so they're surprisingly large.
    SumoLego
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 62
    Thanks, @Jern92!
    SumoLegoJern92TheFewFizyxkiki180703