Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• truck730truck730 Member Posts: 203
    The set to execute resolutions ,a miniature of the harvester , really only want the truck to modify but do dream of the farm sets i missed out on
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 471
    I pulled out Benny's Spaceship! #70816 in anticipation of his new crew that should be arriving tomorrow. I'd forgotten just how large it actually is. I swear, it's twice as big as it was before it was packed away. :p
    benbacardiMaffyDbandit778dmcc0
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 337
    edited January 1
    klinton said:
    I pulled out Benny's Spaceship! #70816 in anticipation of his new crew that should be arriving tomorrow. I'd forgotten just how large it actually is. I swear, it's twice as big as it was before it was packed away. :p
    My two year old daughter has been playing with this for weeks - "daddy's big blue rocket ship" - and now she has the new Space Squad to add to it she couldn't be happier..! She even calls them by their names; Benny, Kenny (yellow), Jenny (white), and her favourite, Lenny (pink). 
    MaffyDklintonMegtheCat
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 429
    Finished bags 1&2.  Glad to have gotten it just before retirement.  If it’s not the grandest modular ever or my absolute favorite so far, it’s definitely a worthwhile build.  The humor of the money laundering & bank heist ranks right up there with DO’s cookie operation and will make a nice end to my street.
    FowlerBricksKLOKRIECHER
  • milambermilamber Norfolk UKMember Posts: 414
    gtrjedi said:
    I am working on a RUSH concert .....
    Might need a few grey hairpieces then :) Mind you, I can't talk. First time I saw them live was in 1978.......
    oldtodd33
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,269
    ^ Two of the audience appear to have gone beyond grey hair and are just bones (to be rolled, of course).
    560Heliportoldtodd33Baby_Yoda
  • blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 105
    i built the dune buggy from #42077 last night and i think it looks so much better than the rally car. unfortunately, there are too many parts left over, so i will probably rebuild the rally car for display.
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 185
    edited January 3
    Just got back into Lego in what seems like a lifetime. Decided to go big and get the creator roller coaster #10261

I really under estimated how many 4000 odd pieces really were! 

KLOKRIECHERFowlerBricksSwitchfoot55MegtheCat
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 454
    Going through a big tub of my dad’s old Lego, got one set built out of the mess, only missing a window! 

BumblepantsKLOKRIECHERFowlerBricksSwitchfoot55brickventuresgratefulnatgelkster
  • herbyderbyherbyderby CaliforniaMember Posts: 54
    edited January 4
    Got this year's employee gift (ebay) just in time to build it for Christmas. Each of the three presents holds a classic minifigure.

Muftak1davetheoxygenmanstluxKLOKRIECHERFowlerBricksSwitchfoot55oldtodd33gratefulnatsnowhitie
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,406
    @herbyderby ; Can you post a picture of the figs please?
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 337
    That giant 1x2 plate on the reindeer had me thrown for a minute - I thought that was normal size! 
    Switchfoot55
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 746
    edited January 4
    Building #70657 Ninjago City Docks.  What an enjoyable build!

Also, it’s nice how they’ve split it into a lot more discrete steps than a modular.  Makes it easier to sit down for 30 minutes to enjoy some building, rather than tying up the dining table for hours on end.
  • KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 119
    edited January 4
    Built set 70644 - Golden Dragon Master:
    FowlerBricksandrelego
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,052
    Just something small but really had fun.
    KLOKRIECHERLittleLori
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 203
    Mixing miners and explorers -jungle and volcano ,I only have small sets but a processing plant for the gold ,energy types and ancient ruins  could be a cool project as a "how earth could be treated" with the larger sets
    KLOKRIECHER
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 461
    Finally got around to building the Diner and a couple of TLM2 sets (the 4x4 isn't pictured)

Anybody know what I happened to be watching at the time of the photo? :-)

Also, you can see my wife tends to go a wee bit overboard in the decorating!

MegtheCatchrisalddingratefulnatKLOKRIECHERsnowhitie
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 497
    ^It's Annie! 
    Muftak1
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 461
    MegtheCat said:
    ^It's Annie! 
    Yup
  • herbyderbyherbyderby CaliforniaMember Posts: 54
    oldtodd33 said:
    @herbyderby ; Can you post a picture of the figs please?
    I don't have them handy at the moment but you can see them in this video review. There is a pirate, a nurse, and a blacktron spaceman.

oldtodd33thenossnowhitie
    Finished the build on the fire starter set (set 60106) from LEGO City:

FowlerBricks
    Today I built the Mighty Micros Super Heroes Supergirl vs. Brainiac set:
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 746
    Just finished The Old World (first book) of #70620 Ninjago City.  Very enjoyable.
    LittleLoriKLOKRIECHERThe_Stud
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 471
    Today I built the Mighty Micros Super Heroes Supergirl vs. Brainiac set:
    I freaking love the little Kandor printed part in that set! It was a simple but amazing little extra. :D
    KLOKRIECHER
    Built some Star Wars microfighters:

FowlerBricks
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 427
    Finished the build on the fire starter set (set 60106) from LEGO City:

There's just something wrong about the phrase "fire starter set" lol

"For YOUR little arsonist to be!"
    Baby_Yodagmonkey76KLOKRIECHERMegtheCat
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,406
    ^ Always reminds me of the movie. In fact I bought that set because it reminded me of the movie. 
    Finished building Von Nebula, who will take center stage in my Bionicle/Hero Factory gameroom display. They were all sitting in a storage box & I decided to make use of em.
    KLOKRIECHERFowlerBricks
    Finally got around to building Ship In A Bottle, and my it’s a beaut. Much, much larger than I had anticipated too - earned its place atop the bookshelf, rather than the Lego shelf.

(Bookshelf shown for size reference)
    brickventuresbandit778KLOKRIECHERThe_StudLittleLorichrisalddin
    Like the Darth Revan Black Series figure. Never saw him on shelves over here. Annoyed me lots!
    @Muftak1 He was an Amazon order for me, had to make sure I got him before he went OOP!
    Muftak1
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,775
    tmgm528 said:
    Death of a Salesman?

So random.  My mind is blown.  (I can sonewhat understand the Candide in that mix, but an Arthur Miller masterpiece... wow.)
    tmgm528
    @SumoLego I am a connoisreur of many things! And while Lego is one of my many loves, books will always be that #1 sweetheart to me. Death of a Salesman is an absolute classic.
    SumoLegoLittleLori
  • blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 105
    i prefer The Colour of Magic. i haven't read the other 2 Pratchett books you have on the shelf.
    blokey9 said:
    i prefer The Colour of Magic. i haven't read the other 2 Pratchett books you have on the shelf.
    There’s about thirty more I have that are either on lower shelf levels or tucked away on other shelves, he’s a master of his craft
    bandit778
    ^ I think Mort was the first book that had me laughing out loud when I was reading it.

Absolutely love Pratchett!
    Building the crawler from #60080-1 Spaceport (2015), a set until 3 days ago I didnt know existed! Its shuttle seems identical enough to #3367-1 (2011) which I have 3 of, to use with it. Last summer I built a decent version of an older launch site set from collection, but modified that crawler to accommodate the newer 2011 shuttle.
    datsunrobbieFowlerBricksKLOKRIECHER
    Built Aragog's Lair:

GoodCoffeeJoey
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,450
    A hazmat army... Two more on the way, and a few correct heads needed.

KLOKRIECHERFowlerBrickssid3windr
    Now I would like to see a minifig scale modular diagon alley series from LEGO:
    FowlerBricks
  • dutchlegofan50dutchlegofan50 Zwolle, NetherlandsMember Posts: 186
    tmgm528 said:

(Bookshelf shown for size reference)
    Six books by Italo Calvino and a good deal of dystopian fiction... The shelf of a connaisseur!
    tmgm528PeteMbrickventuresThe_Stud
    @dutchlegofan50 Calvino, a man after my own heart!
  • PyrobugPyrobug Louisville, KyMember Posts: 97
    Just finished #70828. It was a pretty enjoyable build and I'm pleased with the final result. There are more parts in vibrant coral than I thought. There's not a huge amount of variety in part types in that color but the overall number of parts that are there is good. It's a pretty good boost to my teal collection as well.
    KLOKRIECHERBumblepantsmsandersMegtheCatThe_Stud
  • PyrobugPyrobug Louisville, KyMember Posts: 97
    #70827, meet #70829.I thought there would be a little more to it. A lot of Unikitty gets left behind.
    stluxBaby_Yodabandit778FowlerBricksKLOKRIECHERMegtheCatsid3windrThe_Studsnowhitie
    edited January 12
    @PJ76uk- you're better off using Bricklink.