Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2018 Secret Santa

Comments

• FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,669
    Well, I'm off to find a time machine so I can jump to next year's SS. XD This was a blast! A big thanks to all the organizers!!
    stluxMegtheCatTheOriginalSimonBMaffyD
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 637
    Even more spooky, though, was that my Santa had *exactly the same handwriting as me*. When the parcel arrived at my parents before Christmas, my mum actually asked me if I had sent a parcel to myself!
    I have just discovered method 127 for sneaking Lego into the house past the wife. "No, I don't know who sent it. It seems to be from a mystery benefactor who by coincidence has exactly the same handwriting as me."
    And once that one wears out you might have to resort to cutting out your address from letters in a magazine :D. 
    cmrt1014catwranglerMegtheCatRenegade007cjhMaffyDSumoLegosid3windrkiki180703
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    Geepers! Can I be skipped next year? That's a nice lot!
    msandersRenegade007cjhJern92
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    ^ For a moment I thought that was part of a 501st Battle Pack. We can only dream...
    FowlerBricks
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,446
    That buggy looks great! Custom printing woot!
    SprinkleOtterFowlerBricks
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 509
    Five weeks to go... :)
    FowlerBricksMeganLevantylerM1J0EsnowhitieJern92KungFuKennySprinkleOtterkiki180703
    ^ 2017’s was awesome, I missed 2018, but now have to rejoin in 19!  But I don’t know how some of you get so much for the spending limit imposed!  It always looks like far more.  
    KungFuKenny
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,935
    Muftak1 said:
    Someone is excited! Around the beginning of October the new SS will be launched! I think @Bumblepants is also counting down the days.
    KungFuKenny
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 957
    snowhitie said:
    Muftak1 said:
    Someone is excited! Around the beginning of October the new SS will be launched! I think @Bumblepants is also counting down the days.
    Following last years thread was a lot of fun... hopefully even more can participate this year (including me)... I was amazed at the amount of stuff people could fit under the spending limit (although I suspect that Christmas cheer may have encouraged people to sneak a few extras in for their Santee ! )
    SprinkleOtter
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,498
    snowhitie said:
    I'm not saying I'm excited to join in SS again....but I've already bought a couple of bits in anticipation.
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55GothamConstructionCoSprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,257
    Anyone planning to send their GWP Brickheadz Bees they get next week or just me? ;-)
    KungFuKennySwitchfoot55M1J0Ekiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,810
    Anyone planning to send their GWP Brickheadz Bees they get next week or just me? ;-)
    Expect a steaming pile of LEGO dog poop.  From your Secret Santa, of course...
    FowlerBricksM1J0EBumblepantsSprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,445
    ^now there’s an official one I’m sure someone will end up with a Christmas bauble full of them like @paul_merton received with sausages.
    KungFuKennyFowlerBrickssid3windrSprinkleOtterkiki180703panchox1
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    ^  and ^^ what brilliant ideas! :D
    SprinkleOtter
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,810
    ^now there’s an official one I’m sure someone will end up with a Christmas bauble full of them like @paul_merton received with sausages.
    Or I'll just send this fella over to the house...

BumblepantsTheOriginalSimonBKungFuKennySprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,157
    ^Does that toilet shoot shit discs out of it????? Gotta be a first for Lego.
    historymanKungFuKennySumoLegoSprinkleOtterkiki180703
    ^Does that toilet shoot shit discs out of it????? Gotta be a first for Lego.
    I think that’s the exact wording they used on the promotional materials ;-)
    BrainsluggedBumblepantsBaby_YodaCymbelineSumoLegoklintonSprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 829
    M1J0E said:
    ^ 2017’s was awesome, I missed 2018, but now have to rejoin in 19!  But I don’t know how some of you get so much for the spending limit imposed!  It always looks like far more.  
    I think people generally go over the spending limit, but sometimes we include GWPs that are technically free so they don't count?
    FowlerBricksKungFuKennysnowhitieMuftak1M1J0ESprinkleOtterkiki180703
    snowhitie said:
    I'm not saying I'm excited to join in SS again....but I've already bought a couple of bits in anticipation.
    I’m thinking this would be a great choice for some lucky Santee... ;-)

Actually I’ve put aside some goodies also and looking forward to participating this year...
    Bumblepantssid3windrSprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,257
    snowhitie said:
    I’m thinking this would be a great choice for some lucky Santee... ;-)

Actually I’ve put aside some goodies also and looking forward to participating this year...
    I would build a shrine with this poly encased in a protective LED display if I could be so lucky!
    Jern92KungFuKennyM1J0E
    I think people generally go over the spending limit, but sometimes we include GWPs that are technically free so they don't count?
    Indeed, GWP's or just some people who are awesome at finding deals and stock up when they see something (a poly, a city set) they might be able to use for a present later on (be it SS or a kid's birthday party). Don't worry about it if you can't though, as long as everyone tries there best to make the other person happy and send it in plenty of time, that's all that matters.
    M1J0Eevantylerkiki180703
    I would build a shrine with this poly encased in a protective LED display if I could be so lucky!
    That can be arranged!
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,498
    snowhitie said:
    Indeed, GWP's or just some people who are awesome at finding deals and stock up when they see something (a poly, a city set) they might be able to use for a present later on (be it SS or a kid's birthday party). Don't worry about it if you can't though, as long as everyone tries there best to make the other person happy and send it in plenty of time, that's all that matters.
    My present last year was a single set, the RRP was double the spending limit, but I'm fairly certain my Santa went shopping in the sales in a supermarket or at Argos on the 3for2. People seem to be going to more trouble with nice wrapping and extras like sweeties or a little polybag tucked in as well as each year rolls on.

But as Snowhitie said, if its off someones wanted list (or you think they'll like it), it arrives on time and you had fun taking part, that's all that matters.
    KungFuKennyLittleLoriM1J0EsnowhitieFowlerBricksevantylerSumoLegokiki180703
    Thanks for all the awesome tips guys!
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,749
    And now I've been through the thread, again, looking at all the unwrapping. Man, I loved last Christmas. Is it wrong to want the stalking to begin early? It's still the first half of September, dammit! :-)
    KungFuKennyevantylercatwranglerkiki180703
  • KaitchKaitch N. IrelandMember Posts: 384
    Is there a 2019 thread yet?
    Kaitch said:
    I think first of October...
    Kaitch said:
    I'll launch it beginning of October indeed.
    stluxevantylerSumoLegocatwranglerSprinkleOtterGothamConstructionCokiki180703
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 509
    snowhitie said:
    Kaitch said:
    I'll be here at 00:01 on the first! :-)

Its funny cos its true...
    Switchfoot55SumoLegosid3windrsnowhitieJern92kiki180703
    Muftak1 said:
    snowhitie said:
    Kaitch said:
    I'll be here at 00:01 on the first! :-)

Its funny cos its true...
    I might not be that prompt! But volunteers are lined up, so we're almost ready to go.
    stluxLego_StarSumoLego
    Its the 1st and noone is here!
    SumoLegosnowhitieBumblepants
    edited October 2019
    Muftak1 said:
    Its the 1st and noone is here!
    I’m here (hurriedly making last-minute adjustments to my BL wanted list), but I think @snowhitie is getting a good night’s sleep before the deluge of SS participants hits... 🙂
    snowhitieMuftak1