Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The "brag" thread: Post your recent great finds!

Comments

• justintartejustintarte MissouriMember Posts: 33
    edited December 2018
    Going to pick up now... FB marketplace for $85... hope it is as good in person as it is in the picture. :)

gelksterFowlerBricksstluxMr_CrossMegtheCat
    Desinger said:
    Didn't you just get that a few weeks ago ?
    Yes. You can never have too many dinos... seemed too good to pass up with the raptors and indominous.
    datsunrobbieSumoLegoBumblepantsBaby_YodastluxMegtheCat
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 389
    It looks like at least some of #31048 is there: green door and window, red roof bricks, brown bricks. Either way, looks like a great deal! Congrats!
    Yes I think I got about 95% of it
    PJ76ukFowlerBricksLEGOFan2kbw
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,138
    Erwbilott pqqwtt!
    AstrobricksPumpkin_3CK5LEGOFan2Mynattandhe
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,235
    OGEL strikes again!
    VorpalRyumak0137SumoLegoLEGOFan2
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 930
    nwot ot gnimoc si sualc atnas 
    BumblepantsSirBrickalotOfLegoVorpalRyuPumpkin_3CK5Baby_YodaSumoLego
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 762
    Desinger said:
    NO! I did it backwards.
     Like most collectors who've recently come out of their dark ages! 

Baby_Yoda said:
    Erwbilott pqqwtt!

Mr_Cross said:
    nwot ot gnimoc si sualc atnas 

You guys trying to call forth a Great One? Absolute mad lads. 
    LEGOFan2starwars4ever
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,616

Retsnom Eikooc!
    LEGOFan2SprinkleOtterFowlerBricksmak0137gmonkey76Mr_CrossBaby_Yoda
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,605

LEGOFan2SprinkleOtterFowlerBricksSumoLegogmonkey76Mr_CrossBaby_Yoda
    ^ What is that thing the Governator is holding?  Is that communication device tethered to a fixed receptacle?

Where's his buggy whip?
    Astrobricksgmonkey76SprinkleOttergelkster
    Well... I've finished the inventory process. In the end, I was able to get the following Jurassic World sets on FB marketplace: #75915 #75916 #75917 #75918 #75919 #75920

There were a few items missing (Pteranodon, Owen, green motorcycle, weapons/accessories, and a few other miscellaneous pieces), but otherwise, all the raptors, Indominus, minifigs, and main pieces/structures were present.

Total cost was $85 with the initial FB marketplace purchase and then another $40 on Bricklink to complete the sets. I'm one of those people who want/need completed sets.

Overall, I'm happy with this purchase. Bonus, my son has been having a great time playing with all these dinos.

PJ76ukAstrobricksMynattFowlerBricksdatsunrobbiegelksterLEGOFan2MegtheCat
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 275
    edited December 2018
    Not a major find, but today I managed to get a sealed #41078 Skyra's Misterious Sky Castle for 50€.
    I'm glad not only because it's an old Elves set and a nice addition to the collection and also because today "Santa" brought #41073 Naida's Epic Adventure Ship to one of my girls.
    Bumblepants
    ^ Nice ship. 
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 491
    Due to an error by someone putting clearance stickers on sets at a Target I visited, I got Elves set #41195 for $2.98. I kept putting it down, because it scanned for something like $31.84(?) but I decided to see if the checker would give me a better discount. I told her it was the wrong sticker, but she just said, "Well, it's on the box. Just don't try to return it." I had gone in looking for the Juniors Incredibles 2 sets I need and then gone looking at the other clearance, which had not been moved to a dedicated aisle yet.
    BumblepantsstluxOnebricktoomany
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 491
    ^Oops! That should read $12.98, but still a great price. I only noticed my error because a draft of the post was saved at the bottom of the page on an earlier page of this topic. Weird.
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 197
    Be like putting stickers on deathstars
    LEGOFan2
    edited December 2018
    I got two #41631 for $9.98 each on clearance at Target. Decent deal considering it’s a 247 piece set. 
  • brianoblivionbrianoblivion NYCMember Posts: 71
    I got two #60205 at Target for $13.98 each. Is Lego changing their train track packaging or something? I was happy to load up but it seemed strange that they would be so cheap..
  • dbrougedbrouge QcMember Posts: 22
    ^ They changed track packs for 2018. #7895 and #7499 were changed for #60205 and #60238.
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 275
    And another addition to the Elves collection, a used but complete #41174 The Starlight Inn for 15€.
    Bumblepants
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 684
    edited December 2018
    About 30 Brickheadz from a local store that went down to £6 then the majority bought at £4 which with a 3 for 2 deal they were doing works out at about £2.70 each...
    datsunrobbie
    Came across what appeared to be 5 fresh boxes of series 18 minifigs at Target this morning... hit the boxes hard to find 4 policemen (all were in the first row on the left toward the back). I left one policeman for someone lucky.

LEGOFan2Switchfoot55FowlerBricksLittleLori
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 389
    ^^^^no pickups or scores today Desinger?
    Surely Santa brought you something...
    Desinger said:
    Also today I went to a neighbors indoor estate sale and picked this up for 50 cents. It is complete missing box. It has a small tear in the instructions and has one small cracked piece which only costs about 5 cents from BL.
    Nice find :-)
    Kev80e
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 587
    I'm jealous @Astrobricks, I'm hoping to find one of those at that price
    Astrobricks
    I was referring to his post above that about the fantastic beasts brickheadz actually
    Astrobricks
  • hoodaddyhoodaddy USMember Posts: 287
    Got #75230 Porg still sealed for $30 off FB marketplace that was only 2 miles away from me. 
    gmonkey76AstrobricksMegtheCat
    I was referring to his post above that about the fantastic beasts brickheadz actually
    Quoting helps in these situations :)
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 948

Each set has bag #1 opened. Looks complete.
    BumblepantsLittleLoribandit778Baby_Yodamak0137datsunrobbieOnebricktoomanyLobot
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,723
    ^

... I hate you...
    ;)
    BrickByBrickOubird
    SprinkleOtter said:
    ... I hate you...
    ;)
    Road trip to Virginia!
    SprinkleOtterBrickByBrick
    Is it in-hand yet?
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,138
    We haven't heard from @FollowsClosely in seven hours. No doubt they went down there to check out the listing, only to find it had been a trap all along. Even as we speak, they're probably tied to a chair, being forced to watch The Adventures of Clutch Powers on Blu-ray...
    BrickByBrickSprinkleOtterdavetheoxygenmanBumblepantsVorpalRyuMegtheCatgmonkey76starwars4everLEGOFan2
    edited December 2018
    There are far worse movies than the adventures of clutch powers. I kinda liked it. At least it's not teen titans go to the movies... If I ever have to watch that again.... 
    Edit: I realize now I have just given out my weakness... time to be wary of free lego through facebook.
    SumoLegodavetheoxygenmanVorpalRyuBaby_Yoda
    edited December 2018
    @Baby_Yoda said:
    ...The Adventures of Clutch Powers on Blu-ray...
    Ugh, if there is one movie that has no benefit from HD...

(I've not made it through.  I usually immediately fall asleep.  Maybe they can 'Special Edition' the crap out of it and improve the really terrible computer animation.)
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 948
    I got it. All bag #1s are missing for both sets. Missing #1 not a big deal for the EV, but no bags for the DS means no figs.

Oh well, still a good find, but not great.