Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General LEGO Movie 2 DIscussion

Comments

• FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,687
    jnscoelho said:
    Unikitty is probably going to be the one left in the boxes. She's just so boring and easy to find.
    That's great news for those of us that like it.
    That's the good thing about LEGO, it has something for everybody to enjoy.
    That's true. And it saves me some money too! XD
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,349
    If those CMFs are genuine I want them all!

LostInTranslationbandit778kiki180703pharmjodwindjammer
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,579
    ^ Same. Hard to pick a favourite! 
    Shibbandit778kiki180703Pumpkin_3CK5
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,336
    New trailer up on youtube. Looks like it picks up the story immediately from the end of the first movie. At the very least there's going to be a recap sequence. Pretty excited in our house.

The CMFs look cool too.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,162
    edited December 2018
    Totally agree these are an excellent set of CMF's and it's difficult to choose my favourite but I have to say I really like President Business in the Tank top and slacks as it's so different to the suited figures of the last film and the apocalyptic designs of most of the other characters.
    LostInTranslation
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 492
    With those wizard of oz figures it just makes me want that theme even more!!
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 815
    I'm wondering... Could that giraffe guy in any way be related to TRU's Geoffrey? I'll be watching what happens to him in the movie. Perhaps there's a little commentary going on.
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 374
    Just wondering why the CMF series is a mash up of TLM2 & Wizard of Oz. Is there a WoO subplot in the main movie, or a new LEGO WoO theme on the way. It’s not as obvious as a combined series for HP & FB as Wizarding World. 
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,997
    I just bought #70826 Rex's Rex-treme Offroader! at Barnes & Noble at Mall of America! And I got #75251 Darth Vader's Castle at the LEGO store, with GWPs reindeer, Vader pod, and the SW box. That was the only TLM2 set ( and only copy) I saw. Great LEGO day!
    AstrobricksBumblepants
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    Less than a week until TLM2 sets release down here. In fact, they're probably already floating about. My wallet is sweating...
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 875
    Gibbo1959 said:
    Just wondering why the CMF series is a mash up of TLM2 & Wizard of Oz. Is there a WoO subplot in the main movie, or a new LEGO WoO theme on the way. It’s not as obvious as a combined series for HP & FB as Wizarding World. 
    A part of me half expects them to just be there to say "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore" when they arrive at the Systar System. :P
    gmonkey76stluxGibbo1959sid3windrLostInTranslationdatsunrobbieAanchir
  • prettybigguyprettybigguy Bellevue, WA USAMember Posts: 21
    bandit778 said:
    I really like President Business in the Tank top and slacks.
    It looks like he’s wearing an old fashioned golf outfit. The head of the golf club is perhaps being cropped off?
    gmonkey76rd1899
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,528
    OOoooh, liking those a lot.
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    edited December 2018
    Unikitty... is now an official part of the (Collectable) “Minifigures” series?! Well, at least they didn’t include a minidoll, which I was very fearful they’d do - since they are appearing mixed together with actual minifigures in sets now, anything could happen...
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,579
    Lyichir said:
    Gibbo1959 said:
    A part of me half expects them to just be there to say "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore" when they arrive at the Systar System. :P
    And: "there's no place like home!" 

Lyichir
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 409
    The CMFs are excellent. Just hope we don’t get Percivaled again. 
    gmonkey76SumoLegoAyliffesid3windrBaby_Yoda
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,605
    ^We will and it will probably be Dorothy
    SumoLegokbw
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 409
    edited December 2018
    Ugh. I’m relatively new to chasing CMFs.  Did this 1 per box thing start with Series 18 or have they done this off and on over the years with other series? - aside from the Mr. Gold craziness of course
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,281
    Not deliberately.  However, there was an imbalance in the distribution of figures in previous series.  (S10 Bee Girl - for example.)

This resulted in some figures being more rare than others.  Also, the subject matter of the CMF can result in disparate prices for certain figures.
    kbwrd1899
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,566
    I wonder if the President Business in golf attire indicates a change in hobbies for the human dad? Perhaps that plays into the wasteland appearance more than the Duplo invasion.
    kbwAstrobricksbandit778gmonkey76dmcc0
  • ArtfulDodgerArtfulDodger Member Posts: 106
    edited December 2018
    pxchris said:
    I'm now almost wishing that I'd picked up the Ultimate Batmobile for the Wicked Witch / Flying Monkey figures.

I got the Wicked Witch as part of a Lego Dimensions set. They're pretty cheap now; you can probably pick one up for $5-$7. 

You can probably make your own flying monkeys be combining Chima Ape and Bird minifigures.
    MattPetersen
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 694
    ^^I think golf is how they'll write him mostly out of the movie
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,492
    ^^I think golf is how they'll write him mostly out of the movie
    Exactly. So he can’t rebuild his city after the Duplocalypse.
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
    kbw said:
    Ugh. I’m relatively new to chasing CMFs.  Did this 1 per box thing start with Series 18 or have they done this off and on over the years with other series? - aside from the Mr. Gold craziness of course

Series 18 was the first to have a 1 per case figure, then the HP/FB set did likewise. Until then, it's usually been 3 per box at rarest, with S10 Bumblebee Girl being 2 per box.
    kbw
    Maybe they’ll finally see sense and just make each minifigure equally available, i.e. 3 of each per box. Probably won’t happen though...
    BrickByBrick
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,492
    then 1 or 2 cmfs need to be more common than the rest. 5 emmets in each box ?
    That would be disappointing, seeing as how an almost identical figure is available in many of the smaller sets.
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 694
    ^^with 20 figures, 3 sets per box fits perfectly, no need for any to have more
    SumoLegoMegtheCat
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,886
    Unikitty... is now an official part of the (Collectable) “Minifigures” series?! Well, at least they didn’t include a minidoll, which I was very fearful they’d do - since they are appearing mixed together with actual minifigures in sets now, anything could happen...
    Honestly, I was expecting mini-doll characters to be MORE likely, since they tend to have a simple 4-piece construction, same as minifigures do.
    Not that I mind either mini-dolls or Unikitties appearing in the Minifigures theme. They're all characters, after all, and there's nothing inherently better or more special about the traditional minifigure than less conventional LEGO figures.
    I wonder if this will also open the door for other minifigures with less traditional builds in future series regardless of tie-ins/licenses, like skeletons or characters with spider legs (like Spy-Clops from LEGO Agents, Spinlyn from Legends of Chima, or Daddy No-Legs from Ninjago).
    Maybe they’ll finally see sense and just make each minifigure equally available, i.e. 3 of each per box. Probably won’t happen though...
    "Finally"? Honestly, I think it would be a little more surprising at this point if there WEREN'T three of each fig to a box.
    After all, that was the norm for The LEGO Batman Movie Series, The LEGO Ninjago Movie Series, and The LEGO Batman Movie Series 2. Not only were those the previous three LEGO Movie tie-in series, but also the ONLY three series that have had exactly 20 different figures to collect.
    With 20 LEGO Movie 2 figures to collect as well, I don't mean to jinx it, but three of each figure per box seems like almost a foregone conclusion.
    SumoLegostluxMegtheCatLyichirThe_Stud
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,281
    Perhaps they'll keep the CMF gimmicks to either the 'regular' CMF line or to the third-party licenses.

(And I would still consider the 22 of the HP/FB line to be a compromise/hedge on the suspect strength of FB.)

3x sets per case makes it much, much easier for those of us that are tired of packet-touching.
    gmonkey76kbwMegtheCatThe_Stud
  • MinifiguresPlusMinifiguresPlus Member Posts: 179
    edited December 2018
    Hello bricksetters! 

We are really excited for this series and movie! Hope you are as anxious to see it as we are. 

For the Collectible Minifigures series (71023), so far we have box pricing available that is exclusive to forums. I will have the set price soon!

Box = $207

Free shipping within the US. $25 international shipping. 

Orders will ship early to mid February.

Please DM PayPal email address for invoice.

Happy holidays and happy building!

P.S. While we have the inventory secured, we don't know much about the series yet. I pulled this photo from minifigpriceguide. It looks like this is what we will be getting. Maybe someone can confirm. 

FowlerBrickskbwInfinitymanTanDadpreveremadforLEGO
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,528
    Is it just me, or does the giraffe guy look to have the new ¾ legs?
    BumblepantsAanchirBrickByBrickFowlerBricksgmonkey76
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,997
    I think you're right! That's weird, when you think of how long a real giraffe's legs are... they should have used the long legs from Toy Story Woody!
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,349
    They look more like stangard dual moulded to me, just posed at a slight angle. 
    madforLEGO
    I wonder if Lucy is still going to deny being a DJ? That's some new look for her (if it is her). By the way, the punk pet cat is different.
    I think you're right! That's weird, when you think of how long a real giraffe's legs are... they should have used the long legs from Toy Story Woody!
    I don't really think those abnormally long legs would make much sense considering there's a regular person in the suit. Unless they were meant to be on stilts.
    Aanchir said:
    Honestly, I was expecting mini-doll characters to be MORE likely, since they tend to have a simple 4-piece construction, same as minifigures do.
    Not that I mind either mini-dolls or Unikitties appearing in the Minifigures theme. They're all characters, after all, and there's nothing inherently better or more special about the traditional minifigure than less conventional LEGO figures.

- Sorry, but this is Heresy! We all know that traditional minifigures are Superior, and anything else, Especially minidolls, are ABOMINATIONS! :P
    "Finally"? Honestly, I think it would be a little more surprising at this point if there WEREN'T three of each fig to a box.
    After all, that was the norm for The LEGO Batman Movie Series, The LEGO Ninjago Movie Series, and The LEGO Batman Movie Series 2.

- I Completely forgot that those last few movie series had 3 sets of each figure! My bad! It should be a given to expect 3 of each again, but you never quite know either...

darthdc said:
    I wonder if Lucy is still going to deny being a DJ? That's some new look for her (if it is her). By the way, the punk pet cat is different.
    Thank you! I only see this now after seeing your post and zooming in on the cat, that it has a collar and actual punk hair - I Love It!!
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 496
    Gives new meaning to the phrase "Your twisting my melon man"
    darthdc said:
    I wouldn't be at all if the new CMF version of Lucy/Wyldstyle is pulled from the same scene of the movie as the "Disco Unikitty" in the Pop-Up Party Bus.

Some of the stuff we've seen in trailers suggests that a lot of the abducted Apocalypseburg citizens warm up quite quickly to the fun and wonder of the Systar System, but that Lucy is a bit more reluctant to let go of the edgy, jaded attitude she's adopted. So I wouldn't be surprised if the Systar System inhabitants take additional steps to win their captives over with stuff like dance parties and glamorous makeovers.
    LyichirBaby_YodaLostInTranslation
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 1,189
    I think my new Lego pocket mission is collecting the little printed vinyl record pieces. I dunno why, but I get overly excited when I see a new one. :D
    omnium
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,393
    Aanchir said:
    darthdc said:
    I wouldn't be at all if the new CMF version of Lucy/Wyldstyle is pulled from the same scene of the movie as the "Disco Unikitty" in the Pop-Up Party Bus.

Some of the stuff we've seen in trailers suggests that a lot of the abducted Apocalypseburg citizens warm up quite quickly to the fun and wonder of the Systar System, but that Lucy is a bit more reluctant to let go of the edgy, jaded attitude she's adopted. So I wouldn't be surprised if the Systar System inhabitants take additional steps to win their captives over with stuff like dance parties and glamorous makeovers.
    Or Brainwashing.....
    dannyrww said:
    Aanchir said:
    darthdc said:

Or Brainwashing.....
    Perhaps, but that often feels like a rather cheap way to create conflict between characters, whereas the previous LEGO movies have generally done more with conflicting philosophies/motivations/values/loyalties.
    The new trailers give me the impression that a lot of this movie's themes will involve characters having to choose consciously between cynicism/idealism, seriousness/frivolity, and masculinity/femininity.
    Pretty deep for a Lego movie. I just wanna see some Mad Max references, myself.
    gmonkey76LukeSkywalkerThe_Stud
    Baby_Yoda said:
    Pretty deep for a Lego movie. I just wanna see some Mad Max references, myself.
    I mean, the first movie's themes of freedom and chaos vs. authoritarism and order, framed through a father-son conflict was pretty deep in and of itself. It's a big part of why I have such high hopes for the new one.
    AanchirAstrobricksThe_Stud
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,605
    I just want sewer babies, and if all goes well a Benny spin off movie.
    Mr_CrossomniumBaby_YodaSirBenMegtheCatLukeSkywalkerThe_Stud
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,526
    gmonkey76 said:
    I just want sewer babies, and if all goes well a Benny spin off movie.
    Me too. I used to love Crossroads!!!
    omniumBaby_Yodaiso3200Gibbo1959LukeSkywalker
    ^ Road plates?
    Astrobrickssid3windr
    Baby_Yoda said:
    ^ Road plates?

Crossroads was a UK soap from the 70's/80's, and there was a popular character called Benny in it. He was a handy man with a beanie hat rather than a retro spaceman with damaged helmet.
    The_RancorTheFew