Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Benefits of the Exclusive Millennium Falcon VIP Card

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,831
    I actually didn’t think the sweater was being worn and was just an unfortunate crease as it lay flat.  :)
    SumoLegosid3windr
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 593
    Put my order in for some parts to complete my Bat Pod finally but forgot to add a star wars item so didn't show up on email confirmation even though it accepted the promo code. Quick live chat, and a new code reissued and order cancelled to reorder (paid via Paypal), and new order submitted!
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,220
    Legoboy said:
    I actually didn’t think the sweater was being worn and was just an unfortunate crease as it lay flat.  :)
    Well, now it's just uncomfortable.

-Whistles and backs away-
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76davetheoxygenmansid3windr
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    Diggydoes said:
    Well on one hand hand i‘m happy that the Promo was no fake,but on the other hand it looks so rushed in! Did ya‘ll saw the Video Review? It‘s not even a Polybag like they usually use!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4gTNkkKsmg
    Woah! You've found someone who's happy with the Black VIP benefits! I want what he's on! :D
    gmonkey76
  • lee1980lee1980 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 42
    edited December 2018
    Well I got through online chat in the end and I get to keep both brick headz sets and they will refund me for one (i mentioned the fact the website seems slow to respond and add things is why ended up x2, also didn't take off the points i planned to use), and will get black card stand and xmas carousel to still as over the price to qualify! It was worth waiting the 10 mins to get on online chat with Lego CS.
    Main order was for the lego pop up book so looking forward to that! 
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    ^^ That fool probably liked the Youtube Rewind too.
    omniumVorpalRyuPebblesM_BossSirBrickalotOfLego
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,012
    Mine's getting delivered today. Straight on eBay for mine I think.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,979
    What are they going for now? 
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 541
    I'm torn on that one! LOL
    Part of me wants to keep it, (but my MilF is still boxed, until I have display space) and use it in the display, and also thinking, if i Do ever tire of Lego, or we have to sell it/store it/need the room, then am I better off with it, with the Milf.

Other part of me is, if it did sell for a decent amount, ie three figures, then as I am just about to not have my contract extended at work, seems like a good idea. Or, is it worth keeping both boxed and sealed and in 10 years (lol) it be alot more valuable. But, Im thinking that bubble may well have burst by then
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,718
    edited December 2018
    I'm watching a few on eBay out of interest and I think the highest one is at is about £77 + £4 shipping but with about four days to go. Someone on this forum posted in marketplace about selling one. Someone PMd him pretty quickly and he asked to close the thread. Thought it might have been a bit rude/nosey to ask what he sold it for. I've just opened mine. For a minute I thought there wasn't another card included, but it was inside the instructions. Here's a pic of the back of the card compared to the original black VIP card if anyone's interested. It's not an official VIP card. One day I might actually build my MilF to go with it!

BumblepantsMr_Crossbandit778stluxomniumWicksy80snowhitie
    Thanks for the pic, at least we know they are not the same, which is good IMO
    Mr_Cross
    What is the barcode for if it is not a VIP card?
  • alldarkeralldarker NetherlandsMember Posts: 225
    edited December 2018
    @Bumblepants: I think @Brainslugged is showing both the card that came in the polybag (bottom, no barcode) AND his actual black VIP card (top, with barcode).  
    gmonkey76Bumblepants
    alldarker said:
    @Bumblepants: I think @Brainslugged is showing both the card that came in the polybag (bottom, no barcode) AND his actual black VIP card (top, with barcode).  
    ah yeah that makes sense. I am an idiot. but y'all already know that if you've been on this site for any time at all
    alldarkergmonkey76LegoboySumoLegobandit778sid3windr
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,269
    Received my card holder this afternoon and in keeping with how the whole promo has gone, the side of the bag was split open and the various parts were all loose in the bottom of the delivery box. Haven't as yet had chance to see if any parts have fallen out of the holes at the corners of the box. Not entirely a happy bunny at this point. :(
    sid3windr
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,473
    ^ so the kid on work experience that designed it, packed it too? TLG have really got to stop reaching for the sky with this.
    Brainsluggedbandit778gmonkey76sid3windrCM4S
  • CalvCalv Central EnglandMember Posts: 895
    I am still waiting for the email to arrive so I can get mine. Think it might be a call to customer services tomorrow....
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,611
    ^ I'd call, I didn't get the email either and had I not called I never would have. Their system still hasn't been corrected from a year ago. No surprise there. 
    gmonkey76
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    I ordered on the 7th and used the code but the set did show up in my confirmation email. So I emailed support and they came back saying "you need to order on the 7th or later and use the code". l explained that l DID order on the 7th and used the code and then got a shipping confirmation email that had the set in it. 
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,473
    My order shipped, but DHL tracking doesn't recognise the shipping number. Just finished a chat with CS, they're sending the order again because they can't see correct shipping information at their end... I just hope there's one coming to me.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,407
    ^ funny you mention that. Having DHL issues for mine, says it was due today at 1pm, then says no one in (which is untrue) no card left anyway and now saying will be delivered today again - which i doubt as it is 7:30pm - will be onto CS tomorrow to see what is what...
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 410
    DHL said it did not know about my tracking number for a while. But it turned up this afternoon.

It really does reek of being a rush job. I would have been rather pleased with this, if the year of offers and rewards had been that. Now it is just reminding me that I am a sucker. Maybe that will change when I get around to building the falcon. Now I wonder where my real black card is. I honestly have no idea where I have put it. 

omniumMr_CrossFowlerBricks
  • pvp3020pvp3020 Member Posts: 153
    bandit778 said:
    Received my card holder this afternoon and in keeping with how the whole promo has gone, the side of the bag was split open and the various parts were all loose in the bottom of the delivery box. Haven't as yet had chance to see if any parts have fallen out of the holes at the corners of the box. Not entirely a happy bunny at this point. :(
    Ditto here. Bang goes any possible plan to sell MISB(ag)...
    edited December 2018
    I'm going to have to put black hands on mine. Apart from it making him look less gimpy, I feel like he needs black hands so he can kick sand in the face of the minifig that came with #40178-1.
    oldtodd33
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    Why did they use yellow hands in the first place? It stands out so much
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 586
    leetshoe said:
    Why did they use yellow hands in the first place? It stands out so much
    I would've thought its because they had a hefty supply of black torsos with yellow hands. Cheaper to use stock on hand rather than have black torsos with black hands produced. Its not like they've put a great deal of thought or money into the promotion...
    oldtodd33Mr_Crossobi_gomniumgmonkey76Baby_YodaRainstorm26OldfanCM4S
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,380
    Sadly, to keep the SW minifigure collection complete I am going to need one of these incredibly ugly figures. So if anyone has one available for sale (or on the long shot they're just getting rid of it because it has terrible memories associated with it of this VIP mess), please shoot me a DM.
    SumoLegosid3windr
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 702
    Anyone who's gotten it, is the 1x2 tile in the figure's hand a printed black VIP card? or just a plain tile
    @BrickByBrick - plain tile, I'm afraid.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,220
    samiam391 said:
    Sadly, to keep the SW minifigure collection complete I am going to need one of these incredibly ugly figures.
    Make sure it goes next to the paladium-chromed C-3PO.  Amd the white rangefinder Boba Fett.
    pharmjod
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    leetshoe said:
    I ordered on the 7th and used the code but the set did show up in my confirmation email. So I emailed support and they came back saying "you need to order on the 7th or later and use the code". l explained that l DID order on the 7th and used the code and then got a shipping confirmation email that had the set in it. 

I had the same response except I didn't see you had to order SW items to get the promo.  But it consumed my code.  I emailed them and explained it and got that same response.  I responded back clarifying again what happened and they sent me another code and I ordered SW stuff this time and it showed up in my cart.  For a multi billion dollar company LEGO really needs to get someone else to come in and fix their website/back-end because they really don't know what they are doing.  

This should have easily been able to say "you don't qualify for that promo" when adding it instead of just adding it, consuming it, basically ignoring it and going on without any indication of it not doing anything. 
    sid3windr
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,403
    My order is showing as Shipped.  Fingers crossed it turns up in one piece.  Or at least a still-sealed bag...
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 410
    Putting my grouchiness about the yearlong promo aside, the vip stand is a nice little build. The instructions are nicely printed on good paper. And having yellow hands does mean I can swap the torso with my sig fig. 

I find it interesting that it has no set number. The number on brickset does not appear anywhere on the bag or instructions. Is this normal with promo style sets?

BumblepantsFowlerBricks
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 620
    pvp3020 said:
    bandit778 said:
    Ditto here. Bang goes any possible plan to sell MISB(ag)...
    Can I assume you both ordered something off [email protected] small i.e. a keyring to get the VIP card included and then the package was sent in a Jiffy bag and not a LEGO shipping box? Hence the VIP promo bag split in the post. 
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,269
    @Fireheart, I did order a keyring but the package was sent in a small shipping box with airbags in it as well.
    Due to the nature of the order, it probably would have survived better if it had been sent in a jiffy bag to be honest.
    The good news is that none of the pieces escaped the box during it's journey so at least it means I have a complete set to build (silver linings and all that). :)
    FireheartMr_Cross
    Just opened mine, as I had Boba keyring and the VIP set in a small box, with air bags. All arrived safely, thankfully :) Im half tempted to put Boba in place of generic black mf with yellow hands lol
    Bumblepants
    colay said:
    Just opened mine, as I had Boba keyring and the VIP set in a small box, with air bags. All arrived safely, thankfully :) Im half tempted to put Boba in place of generic black mf with yellow hands lol
    You know what would look really good with the black card holder is a white Fett with a matching rangefinder. 
    gmonkey76SumoLegoMegtheCatSprinkleOtterBrickByBrickBaby_Yoda
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,698
    Since I didn't get the new Falcon, I made my own  VIP minifigure. Sticker printed on 1/2" tape on a Brother P-Touch printer.

omniumAddicted2OxygenYo_dAFowlerBricks
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 329
    Black hands standing by for incoming package!
    mustang69
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    I'm going to have to put black hands on mine. Apart from it making him look less gimpy, I feel like he needs black hands so he can kick sand in the face of the minifig that came with #40178-1.

LOL  I was thinking the same thing!!
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 674

You know, just looking at pictures of the frame for the first time, it's actually kind of a neat little SNOT build...

(silver linings and all that)

• pvp3020pvp3020 Member Posts: 153
    @Fireheart, no actually, I ordered Vader's Castle as it's the only remaining SW set from this year that I wanted. The VIP set was loose in the large packing box along with the Carousel.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,831
    Since I didn't get the new Falcon, I made my own  VIP minifigure. Sticker printed on 1/2" tape on a Brother P-Touch printer.

Wow, you copied it down to the last detail.  Even the skewed printing.  ;)
    SumoLegooldtodd33SprinkleOtterobi_gRainstorm26CM4S
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 620
    pvp3020 said:
    @Fireheart, no actually, I ordered Vader's Castle as it's the only remaining SW set from this year that I wanted. The VIP set was loose in the large packing box along with the Carousel.
    I’ll just put it down to luck then that mine arrived in one piece, the promo bag seems to be a fragile type..

lets just hope hope none of the resellers on eBay have theirs break in the postal system, receiving from LEGO or sending back out again to the buyers. :) 
  • nmualumninmualumni Michigan, USAMember Posts: 53
    So my VIP holder arrived unscathed as did the Boba Fett keychain I ordered to get the gift, but unfortunately the Wind Turbine I ordered on the same order didn't. The outer box was undamaged, so this had to be before the box was packed.
    BrickByBrickLEGOFan2
  • FalinnFalinn UKMember Posts: 31
    I quite enjoyed building mine too- if I ever finish the falcon AND find somewhere to put it, this will look quite nice next to it
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    I wonder if @B0SSK's copy of the set included black hands...
    VorpalRyugmonkey76BumblepantsRainstorm26SumoLegoRedbullgivesuwind
    ^that might have been the idea behind the yellow hands, to turn it into yourself.
    LegoTT