Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Benefits of the Exclusive Millennium Falcon VIP Card

Comments

• colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 540
    Im confused? Ive ha no email about this stand/figure and never had it come in my basket how do i get it in UK?
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Hornell, NYMember Posts: 632
    Customer service told me it was a glitch they were working out but that all eligible orders should receive the promo.  I made my order over the phone and the girl I spoke with insisted my $2.49 keyring purchase would get me the promo. 
    SumoLego
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 678
    Costumer service told me the promo item will show on the shipping confirmation email 
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 514
    Got my code this morning now I just need to see if I can talk my wife into letting me get the UCS slave 1. Though it is my bday this weekend so I could always play that card :P
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,796
    mustang69 said:
    Got my code this morning now I just need to see if I can talk my wife into letting me get the UCS slave 1. Though it is my bday this weekend so I could always play that card :P
    It is retiring soon too so add that to your argument arsenal! Good luck!
    gmonkey76
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    I had the same result- the CS representative indicated the glitch and that I should expect to receive the promo item separately.  She also recommended I get back with them in a couple of days to make sure it went out.  For all of [email protected]’s faults, the customer service at The LEGO Group is really top notch.  
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76Ayliffe
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 335
    ^ I've had a similar experience. 

Customer Service: +1

[email protected] site: -1
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76AyliffeBaby_Yoda
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 705
    Still waiting for my email with code and don’t have time to ring customer service. Start to finish the black VIP has been a nightmare, seeing as Lego put the wrong name on my card the first time I’m not holding much hope of sorting this out :(
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,633
    Hands up who assumes there will be enough stock to go round and is going to wait till January so there is something new to purchase? Not this guy! *frantically adding Boba Fett keyring to shopping bag*
    I wouldn't wait too long. Come January 1st they'll probably have another glitch and release the unclaimed ones for 1p available to all again.
    SprinkleOttersid3windr
  • BrickworksBrickworks Great White NorthMember Posts: 5
    Appears to be working now, adds the display stand to the cart. Wasn’t half an hour ago.
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 409
    Showing up now
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,647
    Already up for sale on eBay
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-BLACK-VIP-EXCLUSIVE-MINIFIGURE-and-Card-Holder-EXTREMELY-LIMITED-VIP-BONUS/223274503344?hash=item33fc328cb0:g:wpkAAOSwEONcCnd9

I wonder how many of these will be showing up on eBay, having been claimed by folks who bought and resold the set. 
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,410
    All worked fine for me in the UK. I added Boba Fett brickheadz to basket, then I applied my code but the promo didn't appear, so I refreshed the [email protected] page and the little dude popped into the basket. There was no option to amend the quantity, as it is supposed to be one per household (a good move, I think) so I completed the payment side of things with PayPal.
    Both items are present on the paypal transaction, the order status on [email protected] and on my order confirmation too.
    Order is now "in warehouse" so fingers crossed, it's worked okay :-).
    omnium
    Now I can’t decide what I want to get. Been kind of anti Star Wars lately. 
    gmonkey76
    Still waiting for my email with code and don’t have time to ring customer service. Start to finish the black VIP has been a nightmare, seeing as Lego put the wrong name on my card the first time I’m not holding much hope of sorting this out :(
    I missed the email as it is hidden in a standard Double VIP email. Recheck your Lego emails, as I would have missed it if I hadnt of now been looking for it
    sonatine01Oldfan
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,001
    Already up for sale on eBay
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-BLACK-VIP-EXCLUSIVE-MINIFIGURE-and-Card-Holder-EXTREMELY-LIMITED-VIP-BONUS/223274503344?hash=item33fc328cb0:g:wpkAAOSwEONcCnd9

I wonder how many of these will be showing up on eBay, having been claimed by folks who bought and resold the set. 
    If I could get £100 for mine and my black VIP card, I'd consider it sold (any offers? :) ). Would claw back some of the JL/Smyths pricing differential when they discount. I was expecting some decent exclusive promos from this, not a taunting reminder of what a sucker I was to pay full price for the most expensive Lego set ever.
    edited December 2018
    kbw said:
    a keyring like the rest of us, lol, failing that, I like my Star Destroyer Bag Charm :)
    Even if you dont want anyting SW, what about small Xmas gifts for people/kids stocking fillers
    kbw
    I went for the Boba And Vader brickheadz and then enough trans blue tiles to get free shipping
    BrickByBrick
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 514
    So I was able to talk my wife into letting me get the UCS Slave 1. Just placed my order with my promo code and it was added to my cart as well as the holiday free gift. Hopefully they'll be here by the end of next week. Though the wife might torture me by wrapping them up for Christmas :P
    Bumblepantskbw
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,751
    If anyone's willing to share, drop me a PM...
    SumoLego
    colay said:
    kbw said:
    a keyring like the rest of us, lol, failing that, I like my Star Destroyer Bag Charm :)
    Even if you dont want anyting SW, what about small Xmas gifts for people/kids stocking fillers
    Thanks. Nobody in my house/immediate family is all that into Star Wars. My son saw a picture of a jawa minifigure and thinks those are cool for some reason so maybe a Tatooine battle pack for him or something. 
    Holy moly, it's only shipped already :-D
    Fireheartomnium
  • TokerToker CTMember Posts: 45
    Just put my order in for a keychain. I can't wait to put this in my coffee table display after it's all done!
    omnium
    ...just realised the VIP figure needed a brick-built micro or mini-MilF.
    omnium
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 620
    Mr_Cross said:
    Holy moly, it's only shipped already :-D

Must be our location, as my order has shipped as well. 

Mr_Crossomnium
    Just ordered a power functions battery box (forgot to order one for my motorised Technic Rally Car), the SW advent calendar (for next year) and the black card holder. I see there are 3 up from the UK - 2 for bids, 1 buy it now for £200 - anyone here?
    Mine's shipped too. Boba Fett on my keys will replace a rather tired and shabby looking Kiss Kiss Batman lol
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,160
    Ended up purchasing #41627, #41628, and #41629 to get the stand.

Of course those three combined didn't hit the $35 threshold for free shipping, so I added #41617 and #41618 to the order since I intended to get them for my wife for Christmas anyway.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,651
    Had to call CS to get my code, but they gave me one no problem. Put a $100 in to get to freebies. Everything showed in cart, and receipt no problem. Now it's just the waiting game to see how the box arrives.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,407
    I know this will likely be an unpopular thing to say here but I’d laugh so hard if this turned out to be one of the promos that they completely overproduced and wound up for sale in a couple of months time!
    bandit778Pate5346LostInTranslationpharmjodMynatt
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,231
    Mr_Cross said:
    Thanks for reminding me, I forgot I had one of these somewhere that I hadn't opened yet. :)

(Ironic that it's probably more exclusive in Europe than anything given out for the B.C. Promo)

Shib said:
    I know this will likely be an unpopular thing to say here but I’d laugh so hard if this turned out to be one of the promos that they completely overproduced and wound up for sale in a couple of months time!
    Believe it or not, so would I.
    Would end the Black Card promo with the sputter and fizzle it deserves. 
    Mr_Crossomniumsid3windr
    bandit778 said:
    Mr_Cross said:
    Thanks for reminding me, I forgot I had one of these somewhere that I hadn't opened yet. :)

(Ironic that it's probably more exclusive in Europe than anything given out for the B.C. Promo)

Shib said:
    Believe it or not, so would I.
    Would end the Black Card promo with the sputter and fizzle it deserves. 
    At 1 code per person, only redeemable centrally and they know exactly how many they need in each territory, I doubt that will happen. There might be a very modest overproduction to cover anything getting lost in the post - that'll be it.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,651
    Wow, not even a special box like the Ideal sets. What it cost LEGO to con us into paying full price? Maybe $5 for the year of exclusives, and promos.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825
    You just couldn’t make it up.
    omniumMr_CrossSumoLegoJBricks27
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    About what I expected. Glad there’s another card!
    SumoLego
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 508
    The extra card is nice, but they could at least have produced a box. Truly underwhelming.
    Mr_Crossgmonkey76SumoLego
    edited December 2018
    Or on the other hand, we now have a polybag everyone will covet and pay us $100s for! Right?! Y'all quit devaluing mine with your naysaying!
    brickedinpharmjodmustang69bandit778kbwdavetheoxygenmanSumoLegostluxsid3windr
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 436
    This promo is more haphazardly run than the US Government. 
    gmonkey76oldtodd33M_BossYo_dA
    Still trying to decide what to get. Does Vader pod only come with Vader Castle?

Mr_Cross said:
    NOT MINE!
    Just seen this on facebook. Looks like the polybag has another card included in it.

Now, the card meaning the picture has its own backing, I do like :)

Although, does that mean people will sell the new blank card, and display their named card? LOL
    kbwSumoLego
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,144
    ^^ a simple $2.49 purchase will do it. : )
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,791
    edited December 2018
    MrJackson said:
    This promo is more haphazardly run than the US Government. 
    Hey, hey, hey - nothing is more haphazardly run that the US Government!  'Murica is Number 1!
    LegoTT said:
    About what I expected. Glad there’s another card!
    I find it delightfully funny that they're including a card - the same card they couldn't send out to customers months after they spent the money on the set.

-Yakety Sax-
    gmonkey76SprinkleOtterBaby_Yodasid3windr
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,407
    I wouldn’t mind a second figure as I plan to MOD mine to turn it into me.
    i am often see sporting a T-shirt very similar to the one on the figure so would be really nice, but then having one as intended for posterity would be nice as well... first world problems.

tshirt in question - 

SumoLegoYo_dA
    That shirt appears a bit runny...
    SprinkleOttersid3windr
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825
    You mean, ‘tummy’.
    sid3windr
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    Well on one hand hand i‘m happy that the Promo was no fake,but on the other hand it looks so rushed in! Did ya‘ll saw the Video Review? It‘s not even a Polybag like they usually use!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4gTNkkKsmg
    BrickworksSeanTheCollector
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    Yep, I have received my Promo code, so made a Star Wars purchase to grab it! Also an opportunity to pick up a few more sets to grab the Christmas Carousel.
    Legoboy said:
    You mean, ‘tummy’.
    I would, but that would be rude.  (Or inaccurate, as the case may be.)
    SprinkleOtter
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,407
    To be fair that is a less than flattering presentation of my middrift :)
    now I am the first to admit I might be carrying a few extra pounds around the gut but that photo makes me look like the body double for the Michelin Man...
    LegoboySumoLegogmonkey76davetheoxygenmansid3windr