Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2019 Modular Rumours

Comments

• MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 323
    @Huw, I know I'm not the only one impressed by how quickly you were able to get that review done, and with a makeshift studio for part of it, at that. I just don't find the techniques as innovative as the Parisian's use of dark gray feathers on the upper level, or even the Bank's silver ice-cream elements around the lower level, to use two examples. It just doesn't seem like there are a lot of ground-breaking techniques used.  I have to agree with the comments that it straddles the line between 3-in-1s and modulars a little too much for my liking. It doesn't help that the most recently Modular I built was Assembly Square over the summer, which I thought was absolutely fantastic, and actually dethroned the Parisian as my favorite set. I'll have to reserve judgement for when I eventually build it - and lets be honest, I have the full range so I have to get it - but my first impressions leave me a little apathetic.  
    FollowsCloselyyoutube_blockheadJern92TheBigLegoskiFizyxBrickchapAllBrick
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 375
    My suspicions that LEGO is just increasing prices because people take more advantage of discounts is strengthened yet again...
    If they want to sell it at X but most people wait for discounts to get it at X-20%, why not increase price in 15-20%? Those that wait for discounts will pay almost X, those that  don't pay more than X, so more profit for LEGO.

As for the modular... My first thought was "I love it! Like the DD, it reminds me of Back to the Future and they'll look great together!" but the more I look at it and the more I explore the pictures, the less I like it...
    TheBigLegoski
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,881
    @MrJackson I would argue the angled exterior and interior walls + the bay windows + rolling the garage door are all new and innovative. Perhaps not as exciting asthetically but difficult to come up with for a lot of builders.
    Astrobricksgmonkey76Fizyx
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 794
    For me, it doesn't appear to have the 'WOW Factor' that other modulars have had in the past. 

Something about it just doesn't feel right. The layout is pretty much what I expected when we heard rumblings of a Corner Garage. I think it's the Sand Blue windows with the Dark Orange brick on the upper floors. It doesn't flow well from the ground with White, Dark Green and Dark Red. I think the doorway on the ground doesn't feel quite right too with the rest of the ground.

However, the great thing about Lego is that you can tweak it to how you'd like it to be (permitting available pieces) which is what will happen for me. 

Price is inevitable considering prices nowadays and the fact promo thresholds are seeing noticeable 'price creep', I expected it.
    shikadiyoutube_blockheadJern92Brickchap
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 318
    I hope people do like it, but it is not for me. I will be skipping this one unless a very good deal comes along.

Apart from the fact that I have no interest in cars and garages, lego or otherwise, it seems to have lost that modular magic.

As others have commented it just seems like a large D2C city set or creator 3 in 1 set. A very good one of those, but not a modular.

It may have 2569 pieces, but I am struggling to see where they are. The building seems thin and small. The truck makes it look like a city playset, and the minifig faces add to that 'city' feel.

I liked the change from the classic smiley in the diner, as the smiley seems rather dated. But here it just helps push the set over the edge from modular to 'city'. I was half expecting the set to have an open back!

At least I will have room on my modular shelf for the 2020 modular.
    shikadiFollowsCloselyarathemisJern92legomental
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 84
    edited December 2018
    I'm a bit conflicted. I really love the ground floor. Color scheme, subject, execution are great.

The rest...meh. It does feel a little less refined than others in the line. I didn't like TH and GE upper stories I think for the same reason, not very interesting and repetitive.

On this one, the ground floor and upper floors don't seem to work together well, or maybe it's just my eyes or the pictures.
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    It hasn’t blown me away.  But as a completist, I know I will getit at some point.
    FollowsClosely
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,822
    I wonder if anybody who is comparing this to a Creator 3-in-1 set or a City set (or who compared Downtown Diner to a Friends set) has actually SEEN one of those sets any time recently.

I mean, what exactly do you think is supposed to separate Creator Expert from those other themes, besides stuff this set has in no short supply like advanced building techniques, creative/surprising part use, and elaborate brick-built detail?

Frankly, sets like Cafe Corner and Green Grocer, which in a lot of cases tended towards much more basic studs-up building and other highly conventional uses of parts, had more in common with a typical City or Creator 3-in-1 set than sets like Corner Garage, Downtown Diner, or Assembly Square.
    BumblepantsPate5346RogerKirkstluxLyichirgmonkey76SumoLegoFizyxM_Boss
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 395
    Corner Garage!!!  Oh oh yea, I was the first person to ever think that would be it
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 395
    man I really envy the shelving displays I see here.  I was going to put up shelving for my LEGO, but I think the studs are way to far back to sink into.  The best I can do right now is a Kallax shelf unit.
  • prettybigguyprettybigguy Bellevue, WA USAMember Posts: 20
    mikedotca said:
    I'll likely remove the back corner indent to increase the inside space, especially since the depth of the garage bay does appear tight.
    I had the same thought!
    This will hopefully allow for room to add a shower on the 3rd floor bathroom.
    I don't understand all the complaining about the set. ALL of my LEGO sets have been modified in one way or another. That's the fun part!
    RogerKirk560HeliportLeggoMyLegogmonkey76SumoLegoAanchirBumblepantsAstrobricksFizyx
  • brianoblivionbrianoblivion NYCMember Posts: 71
    Thumbs up for me. Except for the dark orange exterior. I may very well mod in a new color scheme but overall i like it a lot.
  • youtube_blockheadyoutube_blockhead yorkshire Member Posts: 49
    Aanchir said:
    How does the color of a door make any difference to how complex or basic it is? That’s complete balderdash. Plenty of other modular buildings have used the exact same door in other colors like white, black, dark green, or reddish brown, while Downtown Diner used Medium Blue, which is only slightly different than the Medium Azur shade used here.

The yellow bollards are… exactly the same as the ones in the Fire Brigade. Are you serious right now?

The bay windows use a building technique we’ve literally never seen before in any theme, that required both walls around them to be constructed sideways and attached with clips. That’s the OPPOSITE of “basic”.

The umbrella/parasol… again… what? We’ve seen plenty of parasols constructed this way or similarly in Creator Expert fairground and modular building sets, all the way back to the Cafe Corner.

I… uhh… don’t even know what point you’re trying to make about the roof terrace. Seems no more basic than the rooflines and terrace furniture of many other modular buildings.

Overall the only basic things I can notice in your post are your observation skills. 🙄 And also a lot of weird hangups about colors? It’s certainly peculiar how often AFOLs will automatically dismiss bright colors in any context as too childish or girly or unrealistic. (Unless it’s the color scheme for an 80s or 90s space theme, those are totally suitable for serious, mature builders, and kids just aren’t sophisticated enough to appreciate them…)
    i think you were being too quick there anachir, i never commented that the colour of anything was too basic, but i used the colour to identify which door i meant. we havnt had a door like that on the front of a modular since pet shop its straight off a city or creator 3in1, look at the creativity in doors of TH PC even BB has a little more to it than the bog standard. i dont mind transparent with a new print though 

ill give you the point about the bay windows. initially i thought they were the same as the windows from 31065 park street townhouse but to me they look a little simple

the bollards are basic, its two 1x1 cylinder with a stud on. may have been done before on FB but that doesnt make it fresh or imaginative. i bought xmas fire station which has a similar build for it hydron and i thought that looked awful.

the parasol, nothing new nothing fresh just bog standard and basic, regardless of how many sets its been used it and imo the worst part of the ferris wheel

and the roof terrace is so basic have we had a more pointless one since PC? TH you go up for the bell, BB to lower yourself down the chimney, DO theres like a water tank AS like a bar area. this one just seems for the sake of it

so anachir you are allowed to disagree with my "observations" and opinions, but if you are going to slam someone just make sure you understand the point they are making. all you really did was validate my initial point by highlighting how we have seen much of this before. Just because weve seen something used before doesnt make it great. i never once complained about the colour of anything, imo on first impression this modular does not shout NEW and does not appear that creative 

and with modulars i always want to be wowwed with fresh ideas, new colours, new pieces, innovative building techniques 
    oldtodd33TheBigLegoskiRichmannn1
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,381
    @klatu003 ; I see you don't have Market Street and therefore I assume you dont think it's a "Modular"? ;)
    vwong19gmonkey76SumoLegoBumblepantsSprinkleOtter
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,309
    is dark orange an expensive color to produce? it seems to rarely appear in sets and the 2 modulars that feature it heavily are more expensive.

overall it looks ok, but expensive. nice trick with how large the facade looks despite the building probably having a smaller footprint than other corners.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,175
    Pitfall69 said:
    @klatu003 ; I see you don't have Market Street and therefore I assume you dont think it's a "Modular"? ;)
    A step further, it looks like @klatu003 is implying that the Fountain 40221 and Flower Cart 40140 are essential as Modular accessories. ;-)

Seriously I do love the lighting and shelf arrangement. Looks like there is room for 1 or 2 more modulars before expansion.
    gmonkey76SumoLegoBrainsluggedMynattPitfall69
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    Lego often uses less common colors in Lego modular buildings. Partly to appeal to older builders. Sand green, sand blue, olive green, dark red, sand yellow, etc. Partly to make the building seem special from the use of rare parts.
    Sets for younger builders (juniors, City) use brighter, contrasting colors to make the build easier. 
    Aanchir said:
    How does the color of a door make any difference to how complex or basic it is? That’s complete balderdash. Plenty of other modular buildings have used the exact same door in other colors like white, black, dark green, or reddish brown, while Downtown Diner used Medium Blue, which is only slightly different than the Medium Azur shade used here.

The yellow bollards are… exactly the same as the ones in the Fire Brigade. Are you serious right now?

The bay windows use a building technique we’ve literally never seen before in any theme, that required both walls around them to be constructed sideways and attached with clips. That’s the OPPOSITE of “basic”.

The umbrella/parasol… again… what? We’ve seen plenty of parasols constructed this way or similarly in Creator Expert fairground and modular building sets, all the way back to the Cafe Corner.

I… uhh… don’t even know what point you’re trying to make about the roof terrace. Seems no more basic than the rooflines and terrace furniture of many other modular buildings.

Overall the only basic things I can notice in your post are your observation skills. 🙄 And also a lot of weird hangups about colors? It’s certainly peculiar how often AFOLs will automatically dismiss bright colors in any context as too childish or girly or unrealistic. (Unless it’s the color scheme for an 80s or 90s space theme, those are totally suitable for serious, mature builders, and kids just aren’t sophisticated enough to appreciate them…)
    i think you were being too quick there anachir, i never commented that the colour of anything was too basic, but i used the colour to identify which door i meant. we havnt had a door like that on the front of a modular since pet shop its straight off a city or creator 3in1, look at the creativity in doors of TH PC even BB has a little more to it than the bog standard. i dont mind transparent with a new print though 

ill give you the point about the bay windows. initially i thought they were the same as the windows from 31065 park street townhouse but to me they look a little simple

the bollards are basic, its two 1x1 cylinder with a stud on. may have been done before on FB but that doesnt make it fresh or imaginative. i bought xmas fire station which has a similar build for it hydron and i thought that looked awful.

the parasol, nothing new nothing fresh just bog standard and basic, regardless of how many sets its been used it and imo the worst part of the ferris wheel

and the roof terrace is so basic have we had a more pointless one since PC? TH you go up for the bell, BB to lower yourself down the chimney, DO theres like a water tank AS like a bar area. this one just seems for the sake of it

so anachir you are allowed to disagree with my "observations" and opinions, but if you are going to slam someone just make sure you understand the point they are making. all you really did was validate my initial point by highlighting how we have seen much of this before. Just because weve seen something used before doesnt make it great. i never once complained about the colour of anything, imo on first impression this modular does not shout NEW and does not appear that creative 

and with modulars i always want to be wowwed with fresh ideas, new colours, new pieces, innovative building techniques 
    We've had doors just as simple as this one (in many cases using the exact same piece as this one) on literally every building since the Parisian Restaurant… why would you expect the same kind of ritzy-looking brick-built door/handle on an auto shop or veterinary office as on a town hall, bank or movie theater? If the door of a building like this would be "bog standard" in real life, there's no reason to glitz it up any more than usual in LEGO.
    It's fine if you don't care for the bollards and umbrella, but it doesn't change that it's exactly the same level of complexity that's always been normal for Creator Expert sets (in fact, you literally just described other Creator Expert sets that disappointed you for the same reasons). That doesn't mean that this is beneath the standards of the modular buildings or winter village, it means your expectations for complexity on such tiny parts of those builds are unrealistically high.
    A rooftop garden, chair, and parasol are already more reason to go up to the roof than Downtown Diner, the left-hand building of Assembly Square, or Detective's Office (besides municipal maintenance people, there's no reason the building's occupants should need to interact directly with the water tank). Rooftop access is kind of a big deal if you live in an apartment without a balcony or yard, since it's the main non-public space you get access to sunshine and fresh air. And anyway, the nature of the Modular Buildings is such that any non-peaked roof needs roof access just so the highest story's staircase doesn't hit a dead end. All Creator Expert Modular Buildings are designed so you can include multiples of any floor between the ground floor and the roofline, so simply omitting the topmost staircase is not an option.
    This modular building has plenty of fresh ideas, new colors, new pieces, and innovative building techniques. They're just not in the places you seem to expect them, which frankly seem like slightly unrealistic places to expect innovation on this particular model. If you prefer to replace the bollards, umbrella, door, etc. with stuff you think would be more suitable that's your prerogative, and if you actually have better ideas in mind for those things then those should be fairly easy, limited changes. Or you can skip this building! Nobody's saying you have to even BEGIN to justify why it is you don't like it.
    The point of my response, though, was that literally none of the stuff you've cited as flaws for this set support your initial justification for not liking it: that it looks "more Creator 3-in-1 than Expert". Not even one of the features you mentioned has ever been even a teensy bit unusual for other Creator Expert sets, nor for other Modular Buildings sets more specifically.
    And I think it's frustrating how often AFOLs who feel disappointed or disinterested in a set for any reason like to pretend it's because it fails to meet the standards of the theme or the LEGO brand, and not just because it fails to meet their individual standards as a buyer. Particularly by insinuating that a set or theme is somehow too basic or childish, and thereby insinuating that they have more grown-up, mature, sophisticated tastes and standards than people who do like it.
    RogerKirkLyichirstluxmustang69TkattFizyxLostInTranslationsid3windr
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 559
    SumoLego said:

Don't be fooled... it's the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog!
    Best to have your holy hand grenade at the ready!
    klatu003SumoLego
    Fauch said:
    is dark orange an expensive color to produce? it seems to rarely appear in sets and the 2 modulars that feature it heavily are more expensive.

overall it looks ok, but expensive. nice trick with how large the facade looks despite the building probably having a smaller footprint than other corners.
    In the case of Town Hall the higher price was fairly understandable due to it being a deluxe sized modular to celebrate the series' fifth anniversary, although in this case it was taller than usual instead of wider as in the case of 10th anniversary set Assembly Square. Town Hall had around 36% more bricks by both weight AND piece count than its immediate predecessor, Pet Shop as well as twice as many minifigures. So a 33% higher price was pretty reasonable in that case and probably not tied to its color in any way.
    I don't feel like the price of this set is unreasonable, but the price hike is highly unusual at least from a US perspective. Unlike previous ones I'm used to, it's neither a modest $10 price hike like we see every few years to adjust for currency inflation, nor a premium price for a deluxe-sized anniversary set like Town Hall or Assembly Square. In this case, I also haven't seen anybody report the weight of the packaged set, so that metric isn't available to us. It'll be interesting to see if anyone from LEGO is willing to offer an explanation or tell us whether this is a one-time thing like the anniversary sets or whether this will be the new standard price for the immediate future.
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,614
    149 new comments and we're still arguing about the DO? No new news...

Wait. Sorry...I've been on auto pilot for this thread the last two months. 

Having not obtained any modular to date, I highly doubt I'll start with this one. That said, I really like the look of it and think it'll make a nice addition to the series!
  • rubikonrubikon NetherlandsMember Posts: 10
    well, there it is. My first reaction was: meh. But last year I said I was disappointed by the diner, but I ended up liking it a lot as a stand alone building. 

The garage feels like it’s missing that special modular touch Jamie was so good at transferring and I think you can tell he’s not leading the modular designs anymore. Mike probably designed it putting all kinds of nifty gadgets in the build like the very clever designed boom on the tow truck and the roll up cargo door, but the interior is lacking. Why is there no doors between the different floors? The pet shop customers will have to inhale exhaust fumes while waiting for their veterinarian appointment.  

Anyway, I will definitely buy and hope it will exceed my expectations as Downtown Diner did. 
    youtube_blockheadBrickchapsid3windr
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 84
    @klatu003 Put it next to TH across from GE? Seems like a good compliment to TH
    anachir again please read my comments before quoting me,

both of your responses to my initial opinion of this design start by laying into.opinion of having that door piece on the front.  firstly you talked about the colour - i never complained about the colour, 2ndly the use of it in other modulars - my only issue is with it on the front

now please do me a favour and name me a modular since the pet shop from may 2011 that has the door piece 60623 on its front exterior

im not trying to argue with you so please be concise, try not to go off on a tangent about a point i never actually made, or try to overwhelm with text

because if you can i will apologise and eat my words, back track and say that my initial opinion of this design, its complicated, innovative and fresh

ps ive had a look at my modulars and there isnt one but good luck
    oldtodd33CM4SRichmannn1
    forgive the dust anachir im not a cleaner by any stretch, look at the lovely original tree, nice little ice lolly stall design, even a cute little fence.  but that parasol - what an eye sore, the devil is in the detail and there is no detail there 
    oldtodd33
    edited December 2018
    anachir again please read my comments before quoting me,

both of your responses to my initial opinion of this design start by laying into.opinion of having that door piece on the front.  firstly you talked about the colour - i never complained about the colour, 2ndly the use of it in other modulars - my only issue is with it on the front

now please do me a favour and name me a modular since the pet shop from may 2011 that has the door piece 60623 on its front exterior

im not trying to argue with you so please be concise, try not to go off on a tangent about a point i never actually made, or try to overwhelm with text

because if you can i will apologise and eat my words, back track and say that my initial opinion of this design, its complicated, innovative and fresh

ps ive had a look at my modulars and there isnt one but good luck
    What exactly are you trying to prove/disprove? Whether this door piece has been on the front of recent buildings was never in dispute. What was in dispute was your claim that the set is "more 3-in-1 than Expert". And there is no difference in building complexity between this 1x4x6 wooden door piece and the 1x4x6 glass door pieces that face the street in nearly every other modular building set.
    Also, if you do admit your only issue with this door piece is if it's "on the front"? Then you're admitting that the door has literally nothing to do with whether the set is Expert-level or 3-in-1 level complexity, just with whether it fits your individual aesthetic preferences. I have no issue whatsoever with what parts you find more or less attractive, just with your ridiculous insistence that parts are somehow more basic or less "Expert" because you happen to dislike how they look.

Also, could you please try to spell my name correctly? And use capital letters? It can be a little hard sometimes to read your posts.
    RogerKirksid3windrherekittykitty
    forgive the dust anachir im not a cleaner by any stretch, look at the lovely original tree, nice little ice lolly stall design, even a cute little fence.  but that parasol - what an eye sore, the devil is in the detail and there is no detail there 
    Ok, so… how would you prefer the parasol to be built, then? Because if a 4x4 dish is too basic, then you must have a sense of how an Expert-level parasol should look. I myself can’t really think of a better build that wouldn’t be ludicrously oversized for a rolling cart like this.
    firstly a genuine error is misspelling your name, i apologise no offense meant, my phone is cracked from dropping so its very difficult to quote and i have just been misspelling it, regarding capitals, the button to alternate between caps is at the bottom left and under cracked screen, so no cant but also wouldn't if i could

the door piece is in dispute because you keep misquoting me on it

so did you find the door used on the front of a modular since pet shop?

i know you didnt, because it hasnt been

but have you seen it on the front of a creator building 3in1 set since pet shop in 2011?

of course you have, because they use it all the time.

i refer you to my original point about the areas i highlighted as being more creator 3in1 rather than creator expert

wasnt that spanner on the yellow sign used in a recent creator 3in1 model

and stop saying that i dont like it what i said was
     "overall its ok its a little basic but very underwhelming"
    "and with modulars i always want to be wowwed with fresh ideas, new colours, new pieces, innovative building techniques" 

i dont see why you cant just accept that rather that including me in a rant about the expectations of afols

the parasol: something different, why even plastic, why not the material from the cape or sail? 

i want "Creator expert" not creator basic, i remember Stephen fry quoting someone along the lines of: why use one word when 100 will do. 
    and with creator expert why use 1 for a parasol when you can use ten. 

and with the roof terrace and bollard again you seem to miss my point, why do the same as before when you can try something new

oldtodd33CM4SRichmannn1
    after all they never use the same bench or tree, always something fresh
  • mroper295mroper295 USAMember Posts: 4
    edited December 2018
    Although I love the idea of the mechanic shop, I'm usually a little disappointed when modular's are first revealed and this year is no different. By the time my birthday rolls around in November, however, I'm ready to splurge and buy it. 

I'm not at all surprised by the triangular layout of the building or rooms. In the designer video for the Diner, Mike talked about how he is known as the triangle guy and often gets questions about them. I just wish he had found a better way to disguise the gaps between building sections on the front.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,421
    ^ They did get rid of the gaps on the bay window design on the right side though and it does look good.
    madforLEGOgmonkey76
    Aanchir said:
    Ok, so… how would you prefer the parasol to be built, then? Because if a 4x4 dish is too basic, then you must have a sense of how an Expert-level parasol should look. I myself can’t really think of a better build that wouldn’t be ludicrously oversized for a rolling cart like this.
    last point aanchir, if you want to continue just pm me, no one coming onto the 2019 modular rumours page wants to read us.

so i made this in 2 mins whilst the dog was outside, using the flags from chima, surely lego can do better

oldtodd33BOBJACK_JACKBOBmsanders
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 822
    The thing about this kind of corner is that a quarter of the inside area gets cut off.  This and the awkward angles it creates really limits the interior spacing.  I still think this would have a made a nice hotel design ..maybe include another level with the price being bumped to $200.
    gmonkey76guachi
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,309
    though the triangle shape is probably the best thing about this modular. and as basic as the build may look, we've had diagonal construction in modulars before, but never that much, there must be some interesting technics involved.
    LyichirRogerKirk
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,066
    vwong19 said:
    A step further, it looks like @klatu003 is implying that the Fountain #40221 and Flower Cart #40140 are essential as Modular accessories. ;-)
    I'm demanding the Hot Dog Cart #40078 and Balloon Cart #40108 be restored to the display!

(Although the Balloon Cart may be tied to the Mixer, but you get my point.)
    vwong19gmonkey76FizyxSprinkleOtterBaby_Yoda
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 733
    Aanchir said:
    last point aanchir, if you want to continue just pm me, no one coming onto the 2019 modular rumours page wants to read us.

so i made this in 2 mins whilst the dog was outside, using the flags from chima, surely lego can do better

They did do better, by making use of a tried and true solution instead of one that's way more complicated than it has any right to be for such a minor detail.
    gmonkey76Muftak1twoeyesgirltamamahm
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 323
    @SumoLego having all but the Hot Dog Cart (though having #30356 and #60097's hot dog carts to make up for it) I can attest that food stands like this are an indispensable aspect of city life.  Also, this is why us Americans are fat. You'll be happy to know that once I complete cataloguing my sets, I'll post pictures of my completed city, and I'm curious what percentage of sets you'll be able to accurately identify; you've already ID'd everything else in my basement so this should be a walk in the park. 
    gmonkey76SumoLego
  • PmhPmh netherlandsMember Posts: 127

Not sure about this set,the ground floor I do like. The big angled wall in the front starts looking a bit weird at the upper floors with the big gaps between the other walls and the angles wall being rather large in general. I don't see buildings like that irl,let alone garages but I guess they are to be found somewhere. Inverted corner would not have those holes.

The guy (girl?) with the white hair driving the scooter seems to have lipstick on,just something that I noticed. No tiled floors in this set,at least not inside. Guess makes sense for a garage but still a small disappointment. Agree that it is starting to look more like a regular creator set. probably will skip,got enough buildings anyway and i am starting to drift away to other themes.

Brickchapshikadi
    Lyichir said:
    i agree theres is better, but it lacks creativity, they surely can do better, the point i was making was that they dont have to use a standard plastic disc. 
    for me modulars should be innovative, not tried and tested, each to there own
    oldtodd33
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 642
    Tbh, as someone who's never been much interested in the Creator modulars, this one I might grab. I love the service station! The top floors I would probably reconfigure into one, multi level condo. The vet office seems just fully random. The ground floor, and the entire facade really, are fantastic though. 
    kbwgmonkey76sid3windr
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 801
    My first thought upon seeing this was how small it was. All the other comments about how it looks like a larger Creator 3-in-1 set certainly rings true. This is probably one of the first modulars that just screams 'Meh' to me, and I have been collecting them since the days of Fire Brigade all the way up to the Brick Bank. Will probably wait for a decent sale to get both the Downtown Diner and the Corner Garage, just for completion sake.
    youtube_blockheadBrickchapsid3windr
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,421
    It isn't WOW for me but, it's not terrible either. I'll buy it just like the others though. I think the only modular I was disappointed in was PC. Just not a fan of the architectural style on that one, but I have it.  
    youtube_blockheadBrickchapBOBJACK_JACKBOB
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 396
    ^You and I appear to be in the minority. I really like it. Like the exterior and the color. I also like the size of the interiors. I know people are upset that the are sparse, but I like that there’s a little more room inside to maneuver figures.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,502
    ^ “screams ‘Meh’”? Isn’t that a bit of an oxymoron? Mumbles ‘meh’ maybe.
    youtube_blockheadFizyxTheBigLegoskiBumblepantstamamahmLyichirsid3windrdmcc0
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,457
    Being a grease monkey (Harley Technician) I like the garage. The top floors are ok. I may change the auto garage to a Harley garage. If I ever get the room to build my city this modular will be one of the first you can see when you walk into the room.
    OnebricktoomanykbwMooreFX