Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Benefits of the Exclusive Millennium Falcon VIP Card

Comments

• ericbericb Member Posts: 86
    cpsdk said:
    It just acccepted a order on 99!! let see if its is going to ship
    Even though you were able to do it, 99 is excessive.
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 308
    At €0,01 I ordered 99 of them. Order got accepted. It clearly is an error but I’m really done with S&H. Maybe putting orders like this does really give off a bell so things finally change. It’s also the ultimate cliffhanger if our year full of fantastic and exciting promotions.
    I mean...even the best daily television shows cannot think of such a plot...
    KerreBrainsluggedsid3windr
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,649
    I was ordering some power functions stuff to motorize the Toy Story train, so I added two of the promos to my order just to see if they go through. I don't have the Black VIP card, but had no problem ordering the new VIP card promo. Waiting on email order confirmation...
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 2,030
    The yellow hands and black head are a very odd combo, selling them in lots of 99 for 99p is even odder.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,645
    Covi said:
    At €0,01 I ordered 99 of them. Order got accepted. It clearly is an error but I’m really done with S&H. Maybe putting orders like this does really give off a bell so things finally change.
    I don't think it would have been "accepted" yet, just "received". Looking at my last order, they write "*All orders are subject to review, which may affect shipping times." at the bottom of the email.

• CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 308
    Got my order confirmed by email.
    bandit778
    Does the first line say "This email is confirmation that we have received your order placed on 29-11-2018*. Your order details are below." or something similar in your language? If so, it is not a confirmation of the order but just an automated receipt of the order.

• DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    Ok i take everything back! Apparently not a fake Rumor regarding the Promo! But how are they handling it?!?! WTF?
    oldtodd33
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,055
    CCC said:
    I know you shouldn't laugh about it, but it would be funny if LEGO screwed this up and the "exclusive" minifigure was not very exclusive and sold for 1p to everyone and there wasn't enough of them to go around for the black card holders. Face-palms all around.
    Have been using that crystal ball again ???
    Kerre
    SMC said:
    The yellow hands and black head are a very odd combo, selling them in lots of 99 for 99p is even odder.
    Maybe they don't have enough black torsos with black arms and black hands to spare. It's Batman's fault!

560Heliportbandit778
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 875
    Darn it, I guess you can't order them anymore.  I had added them to my "Wish List" to order some tonight, and poof.  Gone.  Granted, this was most likely a mistake as they were likely just prepping the product page's information...?
    BrickByBrick
    But...with that said...anyone who bought some want to do a trade?  LOL
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 401
    I am not sure weather to laugh or cry over this..... Think I will go with rolling my eyes and an exasperated sigh. 
    560Heliport
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,571
    @jmeninno  I bought five. Are you a black vip card holder? If you are I'll get one to you provided I get mine. 
    SumoLego
    My order has moved from in process to in  warehouse with the gift. That's a good sign. 
  • TheLegoMaster35TheLegoMaster35 OH, USAMember Posts: 254
    Didn’t order one as I’m hoping that it being posted today was a mistake. If not I guess I’ll have to trade for one. 
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 436
    Is it pulled from the website? I can't find it anywhere.
    You're right, it's gone now. We'll see what happens to my order. 
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,652
    edited December 2018
    If those that were able to order them get them I'm happy for you. Just woke up as I work midnights, and it was gone for me. Hopefully it will still happen for the promo for those that missed it. 

So let's see not only did LEGO screw up the Black card year of deals, they screwed up the only exclusive set so anyone could get one(or how ever many they ordered).

I know LEGO had the right to change the promo but this deal is getting worse all the time.

Insert Robot Chicken Lando meme here.
    560HeliportAstrobricksOldfan
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    I missed it. Ugh!  
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 409
    edited December 2018
    Lmao. I am just catching up to this. So I missed the promotion, which seems about right considering how all this black VIP card mess was all handled. 
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 2,030
    edited December 2018
    Given that the page has been taken down rather then just saying sold out means they spotted it and took it down. Should be easy to spot the orders for 99 but wonder if any orders for 1 with other sets will get though.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,803
    edited December 2018
    It was probably a mistake anyone could order them. The rumor was black vip cards would get a code emailed to activate this promo. They better not eff this up any further and send 99 copies all over the place and have none left for card holders!
    gmonkey76kbwMr_CrossThe_RancorYo_dASumoLego
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,407
    Ordered 1 and had it come through on conformation, so we will see.....
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 765
    I can still see #5005747 when I search using "vip star wars" but can't add it to my basket.
    drdavewatford
  • palmers9grbpalmers9grb ukMember Posts: 256
    kessel mine worker shows up in bag when I add a porg
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,001
    I can still see #5005747 when I search using "vip star wars" but can't add it to my basket.
    Me too. Did anyone from the UK manage to order 1 (or 99)? Was it just a penny or more in line with the US price?
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 251
    According to CS we should receive an email an email 7th, they had no knowledge of it being for purchase earlier today, and supposedly it will require a code in the email and be exclusive to Black VIP card holders. 
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,364
    Hahahah oh my god this can't be real
    SumoLegoBaby_Yoda
    So, my order of 5 of the VIP gift sets has been cancelled by Lego but the rest of the order went through. Since I only made the order to get the SWGS I called Lego to cancel the rest of my order and to bitch about it. I talked to the young lady at CS and was told they apologize for the error in letting the SWGS online. She couldn't cancel my order because it was in warehouse but she gave me $$ in VIP points for the mistake and utter disappointment in not getting the sets. 

I asked about the email to black card holders and that I hadn't gotten one yet or really any MiLF promo emails at all. She did confirm that there will be an email going out with a code but they haven't sent any yet but will be soon. The promo code will be good for this month but maybe not January, she wasn't allowed to say. 
    The_Rancor
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    So.....a holder for a completely useless card.

That's actually perfect.  I didn't think their last promo would be good, I set my expectations low.....and they somehow still managed to sneak in under.  That takes some skill.

As for the site selling them earlier, has anyone got a shipping confirmation?  I am seeing most all are being cancelled.

• VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,316
    After the lack of exclusives for having a Black VIP card, you'd think TLG would just send this promo out to all of us that have a Black VIP card. With how TLG have handled this, I'll wait for local retailers to get stock of sets like the UCS MF to get it at a lower price, paying full price (minus what the VIP points took off the price) wasn't worth it.
    gmonkey76xiahnaSithLord196
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 483
    So, serious question- what happens to this thread when this torso is released in another LEGO Set?
    VorpalRyuSumoLegosid3windr
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 436
    LegoTT said:
    So, serious question- what happens to this thread when this torso is released in another LEGO Set?
    All of the responses are written in capital letters to show how much angrier everyone is.
    LegoTTAstrobricksVorpalRyuBaby_YodaLobotdatsunrobbieLuLegoOldfan
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,751
    If anyone doesn't plan on spending enough to redeem their code, I'm looking to get one of these. I already missed out on the early falcon (and black card) due to being deathly sick at the time.
    SumoLego
    edited December 2018
    ^ Honestly, I think these will be tough to get a hold of without paying a price on Ebay. Someone will come along and pad print them in their basement and sell them pretty cheap compared to the originals. Cheapest way to get them I think. As usual the only way to verify an original is to keep the packaging. 
    @oldtodd33, no, not a black VIP cardholder but with the cancellation of your order, and I imagine other cancellations, I think its safe to say that part of this conversation is "obe".
    ^ Well, can probably get a good copy on Ebay sooner or later and moc the holder. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,809
    They better not eff this up any further and send 99 copies all over the place and have none left for card holders!
    This would be the best.  Oops, we sold them all!
    SprinkleOtter
    oldtodd33 said:
    So, my order of 5 of the VIP gift sets has been cancelled by Lego but the rest of the order went through. Since I only made the order to get the SWGS I called Lego to cancel the rest of my order and to bitch about it. I talked to the young lady at CS and was told they apologize for the error in letting the SWGS online. She couldn't cancel my order because it was in warehouse but she gave me $$ in VIP points for the mistake and utter disappointment in not getting the sets. 

Similar here. I added one to an order and it had gone to "in warehouse", but now the whole order has gone back to "in process". If it gets cancelled I will ask them to cancel the whole £140 order as I can wait for a better promo than just the carousel.

Lobot
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,457
    edited December 2018
    My order for 99 was cancelled yesterday night already btw.
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 409
    SMC said:

Glad they did the yellow hands. I think I’m going to put a regular minifigure head on the figure when I get this. 
    omniumYo_dA
    i hope Lego are sensible enough to let the orders that are within the limits (I think the UK site was 2 sets) go through where they can match an order to a card holder in their CMS - the effort to stop an order and deal with all that probably exceeds the cost of just shipping...

Mine is stuck in 'In process', but no comms yet.
    VorpalRyu
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    Assuming we ever actually get hold of this set, y'know, not that I'm accusing TLG of being useless or nuffink, I'm going to have to buy a matching black MilF t-shirt.
    And now order is cancelled. the email below just came in for Lego CS.

Dear LEGO® Fan,

We’re really sorry, but we’ve had to cancel your recent LEGO® Shop order because it included the exclusive Black Card Display Stand. A technical glitch meant that this item was available to order on our website even though the promotion hasn‘t started yet.

If your order included any other products, you’re welcome to place a new order on shop.LEGO.com straight away. 

If you’re a VIP Black Card holder and you’d still like the Black Card Display Stand, you’ll be able to order it when this promotion kicks off on December 7.

We’re sorry to email you with bad news. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to get in touch with us on the phone number above.

Best wishes,

LEGO® Customer Service

PS. If you need to contact us, please call us on the phone number above. Don’t reply to this email because your message won’t be accepted by our system.

omniumThe_Rancor
    Mine also got cancelled. They cancelled a £140 order and told me I am welcome to place a new order straight away if I want to. I don't think so.
    sid3windrLuLego
  • cpsdkcpsdk denmarkMember Posts: 13
    My order was also canceled, but my VIP point had not returned, so I called CS and was told that he would tell finance to release the points so they should be back in 24 hours in my account. He also told me that ther would be now minimum spending limit to the the Cars holder. We will get the email with a personal code that give us the right to 1 card holder that we enter on the home page together with any buy it can be as little as a key hanger he told me.
    I also had to phone to get VIP points back - it took a 13 minute call (most on hold) to find out that it takes 48 hours for VIP points to be returned. Surely CS should know this type of thing.
    so now for part two of this mess.
    Having never received an email from Lego all year about anything to do with the Black Card i am fully expecting not to get one for this and have to call up to find out why etc. and go through that just to get a card holder i have already ordered :)

Also i am now wondering if it is a unique code per person or generic so can actually be shared (like the previous codes)....
    sonatine01
    ^ It is meant to be personal, but maybe everyone will get the same 'personal' one!