Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Brickset.com site issues

18910111214»

Comments

• OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 264

Not sure where to bring this up, it seems that when I posted 21 reviews in quick succession from my backlog of typed reviews for the site I must have overloaded it or something because the site is not actually showing all of the reviews I posted to other members. I see them just fine, they're even on the site, but when you go to every review written by me or the recent reviews list a large percentage of them don't appear to have gone live for everyone to see.

If this is a problem with posting too many reviews within a given hour or timeframe then I suppose it's my own fault, but just thought to bring it up.

Also, did LEGO Pirates Brickmaster, LEGO Castle Brickmaster, LEGO Star Wars Brickmaster first release always have no Minifigures listed for them? Or the Nexo Knights Character Encyclopedia from last year? My count has gone from 2013 to 2009 over the weekend and I have no idea where I lost some Minifigures. If this is duplicate data being corrected on the site that'd be great, but since I was offline for the whole weekend I can't really track down where the Minifigures owned discrepancy occurred.

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,384
    There was something a bit odd with the database query. I think they are appearing now.

It looks as if BrickLink has renumbered those books so the link between us and them has broken. I'll sort it out when I get a mo'.
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 264
    All the books with very few exceptions now no longer list Minifigures.
    We're working on it...
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 730
    I just went to add #5005359 to my collection. Typing in 50053, or more characters, into the search box doesn't show it in the list of results.

But it's in the database:
    https://brickset.com/sets/5005359-1/Minifigure-Collector-Frame
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,323
    I've yesterday noticed quite a number of things don't show up in the general search box anymore (mostly "gear", like keychains and all that jazz that isn't in the 5-number range).
    edited November 2018
    'Gear' is currently excluded from the drop-down list: I hate the stuff :)

However, the frame has arguably been incorrectly categorised given it contains a minifgure, so I've moved it somewhere more appropriate. I'll appear in the drop-down tomorrow once the data has been crunched overnight.

BumblepantsAstrobrickssid3windromniumgmonkey76Mr_Cross
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,235
    Huw said:
    ... I'll appear in the drop-down tomorrow once the data has been crunched overnight.

Now that’s what I call personal service! You really put yourself into your work, @Huw :)
    omniumAanchir560HeliportBaby_Yodagmonkey76Mr_Cross
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,394
    @Huw ;   Not really a site issue but I was wondering why the new train #60198 has an arctic tag and a snowmobile tag attached to it? 
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,394
    OK, I see the snowmobile now. I assume the logo is an arctic logo. 
    LyichirAanchir
    No idea but it doesn't any more :)
    drdavewatfordgmonkey76oldtodd33
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,775
    Huw said:
    No idea but it doesn't any more :)
    I feel as though it should have because indeed, one of the pieces of cargo is a snowmobile with the Arctic Expedition colors and logo.
    sid3windrBaby_YodaLyichir
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,138
    I feel a back-and-forth coming on...
  • PeteMPeteM Gallifrey (near Bristol)Member Posts: 394
    My time zone preferences set themselves to UTC -5 Eastern Time at some point - I only noticed just now when the time stamp on the new modular announcement was wrong. I’ve not been into preferences for ages so fairly sure I didn’t do it...
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,382
    edited December 2018
    Sorting my sets owned by 'Date Added' doesn't seem to work by any way I can think of.

While the 20 top ones are mostly amongst the most recent sets I've added to my 'sets owned' (although not in that order at all), there's also #10185 Green Grocer in there, which I added about 5 years ago! And #70618 was my third most-recent set I've added as 'owned', but it's down at something like 34th, and my most recent addition (#5004932) is at 36th.

I don't understand how it's sorting them?

EDIT: I suspect it's by when they were added to the database, rather than when they were added to my 'owned' list, but that doesn't explain why Green Grocer is in the middle of the 2018 sets, unless maybe the listing was updated in some way this year?
    Date added is indeed the date added to the database. The date is changed if the image is refreshed which might explain the greengrocer.
    Huw said:
    Date added is indeed the date added to the database. The date is changed if the image is refreshed which might explain the greengrocer.
    Why would date added get updated for an image refresh? Shouldn’t it be locked down once the record for the set is created?
    Ideally yes, but for historical reasons the field is also used in this way.

There is also a date updated field which should be used but isn't...
    Huw said:
    Ideally yes, but for historical reasons the field is also used in this way.

There is also a date updated field which should be used but isn't...
    So, could “Date Added” just be changed to “Date Updated” in the interfaces, leaving the underlying “historical” arrangement intact?
    Paperballpark
  • martynmartyn Reading, UKMember Posts: 148
    Is anyone else having a problem with the Shop tab on the Site updates part of the home page. Mine still has Tantive IV as the newest item in the shop from the 5 May:

The affiliate product feed we read that data from has not been updated yet which is a bit annoying but there's nothing we can do about it.
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 395
    It no longer recognizes minifigs in sets. You can search for individual minifigs, but it can't identify which set(s) they're from. Nor does it include minifigs in sets in your collection count.