Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Benefits of the Exclusive Millennium Falcon VIP Card

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,093
    edited November 2018
    I think it's just a steaming pile of mediocre disappointment with a side dish or underwhelming.
    SprinkleOtterMr_Crossobi_gFowlerBricksmaaaaaaa
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,406
    ^ free leaflets all year round!
    SprinkleOtter
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 547
    I havent had any mail from TLG in catlogues or stuff like this in ages :( and yes, my boxes are ticked
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 607
    Haven’t had anything yet either...
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 1,006
    I got one and never purchased a #75192.
    BumblepantsBrickByBrick
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,352
    teal93mr2 said:
    Well do you suddenly feel compelled to buy now?
    The_Rancor
  • PolyphemusPolyphemus Sydney, AustraliaMember Posts: 95
    This whole thread is rubbish.  A bunch of rich kids whining that they bought an $800 set and some how it isn't enough.  The mods should have shut this thread down long ago.
    Nooo! Don't shut it down, this is the funniest this thread's ever been! It's like sitting in a room with a bunch of crack addicts saying "That's the last straw, I'm never buying drugs off those assholes ever again!"

Is it really that big of a deal? I wonder if these guys get this upset when their local Japanese restaurant forgets to include disposable chopsticks in their takeaway order? Hell, I had to pay $1300 AUD for the damn thing and I couldn't give a rats arse about all this 'exclusive VIP' junk.
    SumoLego1265Baby_YodaLusiferSambrickventures
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 778
    Maybe if you buy a second one you get a Blacker-than-Black VIP card with another year of half-arsed exclusive benefits
    BrickByBrickLegoboySumoLegonychromastone
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,388
    dmcc0 said:
    Maybe if you buy a second one you get a Blacker-than-Black VIP card with another year of half-arsed exclusive benefits
    You mean a black card frozen in carbonite?

Astrobricks
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,103
    CCC said:
    So has anyone that hasn't got a black card got one of those mailings yet ... or is it an exclusive? :-)
    Received yesterday, never purchased the MilF.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,309
    I got one and I never bought the set.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 1,006
    teal93mr2 said:
    Well do you suddenly feel compelled to buy now?
    Nope...I am still of the mind that $800 is far too much to spend on any ONE toy, no matter what vague promises were made for "additional value".
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825
    dmcc0 said:
    Orrrrrrr, maybe a Whiter-than-White one to sit with my Rangefinder.
    SumoLegoSprinkleOttergmonkey76Baby_Yodadmcc0
    dmcc0 said:
    That would be a full-arse of exclusive benefits!
    Mr_CrossBaby_Yodadmcc0
    Polyphemus said:
    I wonder if these guys get this upset when their local Japanese restaurant forgets to include disposable chopsticks in their takeaway order?
    Yes - and don't forget my Arby's Sauce, my spring roll, the after-meal mint wafer, and my McNugget sweet and sour sauce!
    SprinkleOttergmonkey76Baby_YodaPolyphemus
  • alldarkeralldarker NetherlandsMember Posts: 224
    teal93mr2 said:
    Nope...I am still of the mind that $800 is far too much to spend on any ONE toy, no matter what vague promises were made for "additional value".
    It's not a toy, it's an adult collectible!
    ... I'll see myself out. 
    SprinkleOtterSumoLegoFowlerBricksPolyphemus
    alldarker said:
    teal93mr2 said:
    It's not a toy, it's an adult collectible!
    ... I'll see myself out. 
    LEGO are starting to use those words too. For example, the pop-up book description mentions "this collectible toy".

Baby_YodaSumoLego
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    edited November 2018
    ^ Yes, I noticed the description change on all sets released starting with the company's change in leadership. I imagine it has something to do with an internal refocus on children.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,782
    I wonder if the floor plan at my local Target is reflecting a shift in LEGO marketing. They never carried Architecture sets before, and only had a few small Technic sets. Last week they set up a new display just for Technic and Architecture, with some fairly large sets, but it was set up in the back of the book section, far from the rest of the LEGO.
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,232
    I suspect it's related to Toys R Us going out of business. But what idiot said, "I know! Let's put some of the LEGO in a different part of the store!"
    I wonder if the floor plan at my local Target is reflecting a shift in LEGO marketing. They never carried Architecture sets before, and only had a few small Technic sets. Last week they set up a new display just for Technic and Architecture, with some fairly large sets, but it was set up in the back of the book section, far from the rest of the LEGO.

I suspect it's related to Toys R Us going out of business. But what idiot said, "I know! Let's put some of the LEGO in a different part of the store!"
    Or "Let's put the nerdy sets where the nerds hang out."

SprinkleOtterBaby_Yodadmcc0
    My local Target (when in the US) replaced the area that used to stock CDs with pop culture and sports stuff. T-shirts with Harry Potter or Power Rangers, mugs, Funcos etc. Lego targeted at teens and adults like Architecture fits in with that sort of stuff quite well. Target is all about trying to catch your eye with stuff you didn't come there planning to get.
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,232
    ^^ Well, this nerd hangs out in the LEGO aisles!
    sid3windr
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,271
    This nerd goes wherever the lego is :)
    dmcc0
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    This nerd has been waiting on the Dimensions Story Packs to drop below A$25 at his local Target, because nobody buys them since they're nowhere near the Lego section...
    BrickByBrickmak0137
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,271
    I don’t think I’ve ever seen Dimensions near the other lego at any store, except maybe a dollar store. It’s always been in the video games area.
    gmonkey76
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,065
    Bleak Friday seems an obvious time to give something back to Bleak VIP Card holders. A decent discount on retiring SW sets would be a start.

SumoLegoSprinkleOtterThe_Rancor
    A cent discount maybe.
    SprinkleOttersid3windrM_Boss
    I'd love some reduction on The Arrowhead or the Jakku Quadjumper before they retire, but more likely we'll just get a quid off a key ring (and that'll just be for any VIP member).

When you look at the retiring list, it's dramatically cutting back on the total amount of sets still retailing - probably a good sign that there are some 20th anniversary sets coming our way to bolster the regular release in the New Year. If nothing new was released in January we'd just be left with a handful of Summer 2018 sets and a few more from one or two waves before so it seems like a fairly big cull.
    omnium
  • seppo21seppo21 Member Posts: 7
    Baby_Yoda said:
    To be fair, it's not like anyone outright purchased the Black Card, and it's not like anyone didn't receive the relevant benefits. 
    As far as I can tell, I've not received any benefits from the Black Card. I've received no email or snail mail from Lego about anything since receiving the card. Nothing has ever shown up in my VIP account. I've heard about one or two of the promotions here and there but have never been able to avail myself of them.  I'm fairly indifferent overall as I would have purchased the set at first opportunity anyway.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    edited November 2018
    I'd love some reduction on The Arrowhead or the Jakku Quadjumper before they retire
    I hope you were aware that the quadjumper has been on 45% discount at Amazon for months, up until this weekend...
    sid3windr
    If they were going to do anything this week we should already have gotten emails. I will be shocked if there is anything else that comes from this sham.
    gmonkey76oldtodd33The_Rancor
    omnium said:
    I'd love some reduction on The Arrowhead or the Jakku Quadjumper before they retire
    I hope you were aware that the quadjumper has been on 45% discount at Amazon for months, up until this weekend...
    Heh, I only really wanted it for a couple minifigs, not a massive fan of the ship although I do like the breaking function. I'll locate the figs elsewhere...
    edited November 2018
    Promobricks reporting we will get a black card display + exclusive minifigure available online on the 7th. Check their site for the blurry photo
    gmonkey76stluxMr_Crossbandit778omniumLobotAstrobricksM_Boss
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,636
    ^ wow! that's the best they could come up with? I thought I was underwhelmed before.
    LobotM_Boss
    It looks like the minifigure has a milf printed on it as well as a 1*2 print. Those both have me excited.
    M_Bosskbw
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    That would have been an awesome promo to have started the year of benefits with...
    gmonkey76Mr_Crossbandit778SprinkleOtterCoviM_Boss
    Sounds interesting which is more than I could say for any other promo we've got
    sid3windr
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,614
    lol, it's just a plain black fig with a MF printed on the front of the torso?
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 1,017

Presumably we'll have to spend £100+ to get it....

Or perhaps I'm just getting far too cynical these days - not impressed at all.

Mr_Crossobi_gsid3windr
    Fauch said:
    Aren't all exclusive minifigures just minifigureparts with exclusive prints?

I think it is quite nice - the buyer gets a minifigure of themself!
    SprinkleOtterBumblepantssid3windr
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825
    Lobot said:

Presumably we'll have to spend £100+ to get it....

Or perhaps I'm just getting far too cynical these days - not impressed at all.

It’s supposed to be free with any SW purchase.  Keyring already added to basket.  :)

What I’d like to know is if those with two cards for their one Falcon purchase are eligible for two stands.
    omnium
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,638
    I don't know much about facebook but I'm not seeing any announcement on the Lego fb pages. 
    bandit778 said:

...duped into paying full RRP for a £650 LEGO set.   :)
    ...Not if it was the first time you'd ever spent your VIP points in earnest - for a reduction comparable to some Black Friday deals over a year later! I knew it was worth saving those loyalty points as long as I could. And I didn't buy myself any other Lego for months after the MF.

I think to be fair that some afols overstate the cost comparatively - UCS MF owners sometimes (ok ALL the time) get berated for "spending £650 on a single toy" (if it was full RRP) but buy a couple of other large scale Technic sets or Creator Expert and you'd get there very easily. It's the single transaction that seems to irk some people.

Going to hold back on making any purchases this coming week so I can get the Black VIP reward if these blurry photos are true - I'll likely have to get the Kessel Mine Worker elsewhere.
    Baby_YodaBumblepants
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,614
    CCC said:
    Fauch said:
    Aren't all exclusive minifigures just minifigureparts with exclusive prints?

I think it is quite nice - the buyer gets a minifigure of themself!
    I meant the legs and head don't seem very exclusive, and even pretty common.