Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Toys R Us 2018 Bricktober Minifigures UK

2»

Comments

• snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 3,058
    I wonder if TLG can actually help it. I'm guessing TRU has some sort of 'exclusivity' thing so that they aren't allowed to sell them through another channel. I do hope I'm wrong though and everyone who wants one can get their hands on them for a reasonable price.

Even though they have been available to buy to Belgium from Toysrus Germany and Netherlands (with limit to 1 per customer or I would have gotten you all one), on our local gumtree there's one on there for 75 euro, one for 35 and one is with auction already upto 35, the other only 12 but I'm guessing that's only a start!
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 765
    I've given up waiting for them to appear in the UK and have ordered #5005254 HP Minifigs and #5005255 JW Minifigs from a German BrickLink store for £53.50 (59 euros) including shipping. More than I wanted to pay but not an outragous amount either. Fingers crossed, they arrive in good condition :-)
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,636
    Okay, looks like @snowhitie is right! I asked whether it would be possible to buy the sets direct from them at Customer Services and got this response:
    LEGO said:

Dear Mr_Cross,

I am truly sorry for your disappointment with the LEGO Bricktober sets. I know that several of our teams have been working on getting  the exclusive Toys R Us Bricktober sets released to countries where Toys R Us no longer operates since we found out that their stores were closing.  Unfortunately, we were unable to resolve the contractual issues to release the Bricktober sets back to us, and this is why we do not have them for sale in our LEGO retail stores or on the www.shop.LEGO.com website. Toys R Us is still operating in Germany and Canada. Brickotber sets are still considered a Toys R Us exclusive product, and this may be part of the reason that other countries do not have access to these sets.

Because different departments have been working on this issue since early 2018, we have been given conflicting information about the countries where Toys R Us no longer operates.  The latest information we have is that the UK, Australia, and New Zealand will not be getting the LEGO Bricktober sets this year.  The United States may have access to them in late 2018, but at this time, nothing is definite and it's a good possibility they will not be released in the US as well.  

Please accept my deepest apologies for not having the LEGO  Bricktober sets available.  If we were given permission to sell them, they would be on the www.shop.LEGO.com website as well as in LEGO retail stores as soon as they were released to us.  I know that the third party websites sell the LEGO Bricktober sets at unbelievable prices. If you know someone in Germany or Canada, they may be able to purchase and send them to you.  

Thank you for keeping in touch with us regarding this matter.  I will share your comments with the appropriate marketing and sales teams. If you have any other questions, please by phone, chat, or email, and we will do our best to assist you in any way we can.

So, being fair, I guess this one is TRU's fault. It's not looking good for availability though.
    gmonkey76Aanchir
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    edited November 2018
    So, a bankrupt company has the exclusive rights to it and there's nobody home to ask if they could cancel the agreement, what with TRU not paying, not buying and not responding.

I think I would get a better contract next time if I were TLG.
    SumoLegoMr_Crosskiki180703SprinkleOtterAanchir
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,232
    Don't forget a couple of dusty Chima sets! Marked up by $10, then "clearanced" to a penny less than RRP.
    gmonkey76drdavewatfordSumoLegokiki180703CM4SSprinkleOtter
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 1,010
    I’ve reluctantly just turned to BrickLink as I think that the posts above are more than likely true. 

So I’ve bought the set for £31, including postage from Germany.
    Not great but much cheaper than eBay.
    £7.75 a minifigure doesn’t sound so bad, does it? - particularly when Percival Graves sells for £15 ish.

Sense my longing for approval and reassurance here, people.

She’s going to kill me when she finds out, isn’t she?
    Mr_CrossBrainsluggedLego_StarJern92
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,093
    Nobody says nothin' to nobody!
    Mr_Crossstluxgmonkey76kiki180703SprinkleOtter
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,232
    Nope, I didn't hear nuthin'!
    Mr_Crossgmonkey76kiki180703SprinkleOtter
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,636
    What happens on brickset (or bricklink) stays on brickset (or bricklink).
    gmonkey76SprinkleOtter
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 2,010
    I just wanna get me a Malcolm without spending a stupid markup!
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 1,079
    ^ditto!!!
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 361

I will not come in and muddy the waters, however if these went through early enough is it possible Ollies Liquidation outlets in the U.S bought the stock of these from TRU U.S?

Don't be too upset though, having handled three of these things so far I admit the Chinese made parts definitely feel inferior compared to earlier bricktober offerings.

• The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,406
    ^ 5000 years since we invented the wheel but they can't simply get some un-TRU-branded products over to us in the UK heh. It's clutching at straws but I wonder whether Smyths were asked, or asked themselves, but the deal fell through? After all the packs have come through other retailers with no TRU in other territories. They're already promoting 'black Friday' stuff at Smyths by the way.
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 732
    Well I caved and bought the JW bricktober set because I found a good deal on them. I may or may not have bought 3 in case they never come out here, figured maybe they'd be useful as trade-bait to get the others... Or they'll be available for $7 and I'll just lose money lol
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 1,079
    ^now I really have to work out a trade with you, potentially for those toy story polys!  If you are serious about some being for trade, would you perhaps setting one aside for me?
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 732
    Lol. I should have them in about two weeks because international shipping, but shoot me a pm sometime with what you've got and we can try to work something out @jmeninno
  • LegolisLegolis Leeds, UKMember Posts: 246
    Oh no the nightmare is true!

However ... having had a look on Bricklink they don't seem massively overpriced. I would have paid much more if needed. I might just mention to the hubby that these would make an excellent Christmas gift. I can't even lie and say it's for the kids as they've only seen the first two films.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,388
    omnium said:
    So, a bankrupt company has the exclusive rights to it and there's nobody home to ask if they could cancel the agreement, what with TRU not paying, not buying and not responding.

I think I would get a better contract next time if I were TLG.
    Presumably they have exclusive rights to the set / packaging but not the characters. So I wonder if those or similar minifigures will appear in future sets, or even polybags.
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 1,010
    Legolis said:
    Oh no the nightmare is true!

However ... having had a look on Bricklink they don't seem massively overpriced. I would have paid much more if needed. I might just mention to the hubby that these would make an excellent Christmas gift. I can't even lie and say it's for the kids as they've only seen the first two films.
    The best I found was £32 with postage from Germany. Some sellers appear cheaper but add on fees which makes them much more expensive.
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    I've had pretty good luck buying from Germany & other EU countries as far as shipping in a timely fashion. I guess I'll have to consider buying from Bricklink as well on a couple of these.